2 pm

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I have MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook, cuz different people talk to me on the different ones...

So I read from soompi that Wooyung and Taec will be MC-ing the SBS Inkigayo shows starting on the 26th...and that Wooyung will be taking over for Shindong on the Sim Sim Tapa radio show while he's on tour...

So we will get to see the boys after all

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
090716 MCD - 2PM owns Triple Crown~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTekGby-qpE

CONGRATE GUYS!!! ^_^

Taecyeon Scandal:

Day1-2 P1/2 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG8uMRfLR9s

Day1-2 P2/2 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q45JwniZUi0

Day3-7 P1/5 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPnLSl9xJB4

Day3-7 P2/5 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM6pd2fwcas

Day3-7 P3/5 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts83V4e2wno

Day3-7 P4/5 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcfVA66mzc

Day3-7 P5/5 2PM TaecYeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTxofHdvhoA

cecilia

Staff member
CONGRATULATIONS for TRIPLE crowns
they're done with promoting .. loving the mcountdown ..

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
RIDING THE KOREAN WAVE
Want to be a K-pop star? It's all about hard work, explains Nichkhun Horvejkul
Writer: ONSIRI PRAVATTIYAGUL
Published: 15/07/2009 at 12:00 AM
Newspaper section: OutlookAll things Korean are still all the rage. It's hard to fathom why the trend is still going strong, but that's for the intellectuals to debate or the elites to continue poking fun at as much as they want. K-pop looks to be here for the long haul. Elevating the die-hard fandom to another level is Nichkhun Horvejkul, the first Thai national to feature in a Korean music group.

Nichkhun is very Thai.
Since 2006 Nichkhun, or Khunnie to his fans, has been signed to JYP Entertainment (former home of Rain and current mother ship to the Wonder Girls), first as a trainee and he has now debuted with his seven-member boy band 2PM in September last year. During his trainee years, Nichkhun made sporadic appearances in Thai advertisements on the strength of his association with JYP Entertainment and his pretty-boy looks. With 2PM blossoming into its own, topping music charts and appearing in numerous TV shows, Nichkhun's star stock has simply rocketed.

Needless to say, the Thai contingent was all over Nichkhun even before 2PM came to life, but now it has just been confirmed that our hometown boy is really making it. 2PM's latest visit to the Kingdom last week even drove the point further. Even when it rained, starry-eyed fans clamoured around, clutching high hopes and mobile phones for hours on end to catch a four-song performance. Even if that wasn't enough to satisfy the longings, consider yourself lucky, for Nichkhun's schedule is packed to the extreme. It's all about work, work and work for the 21-year-old. His adorable mother, whom 'Outlook' was fortunate to be introduced to, revealed that her youngest son sleeps about three hours and can hardly make time to see her and other family members when they travel to Korea.

"I don't get to sleep much. If I'm not working, I'll be practicing. I am doing a lot of work, but it's fun. I really love what I'm doing now. So it's fine," said Nichkhun.

Born in California, then moving back to Thailand when he was 18 months old, Nichkhun was shipped off to school in New Zealand when he was 12 and then enrolled in high school in California. It was there that JYP Entertainment during a Korean festival spotted him. The scout thought Nichkhun was Korean, but even after finding out otherwise still insisted Nichkhun come for an audition, which he initially refused, though numbers were exchanged. The calls came, and at the end Nichkhun agreed to meet at a coffee shop since he didn't want to do any acting, dancing or singing for the camera, and he hoped the public place would prevent it, but that didn't happen. They continued to film and asked him to dance, but when he objected to the lack of music as an excuse, they brought round a car and blasted the music out ghetto style.

Even without formal training in singing and dancing, Nichkhun's tape was impressive enough that they flew him over. He and his family finally decided to give it a shot since it presented a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He signed on as a trainee, but don't think just anyone can get in.

"They recruit every year on a very small scale. Very small numbers. It doesn't automatically mean everyone will get to release an album. Trainees are trained and segmented into what they want to do in the coming year. They have tests and processes. They put you through training in singing, dancing, acting and rapping. They also teach you how to conduct yourself too," said Nichkhun. "The two-year training period wasn't so hard. I wasn't so busy. Just training, practicing and learning Korean and Chinese," he added.

Compared to others who might have had prior training or interest in showbiz, Nichkhun had none. He was more of a sporty type.

"I have to try harder than anyone because I didn't have any foundation ... There was a time when I was lazy and disheartened. I didn't want to practice. I wanted to quit. I wanted to go home and go back to school in the US. I talked to my parents who prompted me to reconsider and rethink my decision. They didn't force me to stay, but they gave me advice. I think they saw some potential in me so they've been supporting me all along. At the end, I decided to stay on," he said, adding that even trainees are contractually and legally bound.

(UPPER ROW) Chunsung, Wooyoung, Junsu and Junho; (LOWER ROW) Taecyeon, Jaebeom and Nichkhun.
And it was a good decision to keep on trucking. 2PM is now set to take on Korea and Thailand. Nichkhun himself couldn't be happier.

"2PM is a perfect group. We're a good match. I am happy to be in this group. We have different characters, but the chemistry is just right. We're natural and individualistic. We get along very well too," he said.

The Korean entertainment industry is known for churning out Asian stars one after another. It's lauded for producing the kind of pop music that is not too hard to stomach since its productions are often polished and lavished with thoughts spread through every atom of a song from melodies, dance moves to stage costumes. It's applauded for having international production standards while remaining easily accessible. Brushing the cool factor aside, the Koreans seem to know what works and what rakes in the cash. But with glittering success, there comes criticism. Overworked stars are hospitalised while no-work has-beens commit suicide. The media also makes suggestions of low pay and exploitation.

"There's that side to it too, yes. But, well, just look at it from another side. You get training on the job when you work. You can apply what you learn doing this in other industries as well, even in your daily life. If you give it all you've got, success is right in front of your eyes. If you can think positively, you can change everything. Take me for example, I am extremely exhausted, and I don't have time, but I look at it as an experience-building thing. I get to meet a lot of people from the industry, and these contacts might come in handy in the future. Opportunities are everywhere. If I keep [my positive thoughts] with me, I'll feel encouraged to keep on working," he said.

But isn't a highly structured, highly controlled way of working a tad too forceful?

"Human beings like to be sabai (did he speaks Thai here?? I think he means human beings like to be in comfortable or laying back condition). But sometimes, being sabai doesn't make you successful. Being trained and practicing hard changes a lot of things. They teach you the meaning of hard work and how you can succeed if you keep on practicing," said Nichkhun.

For someone who has worked in both countries, Nichkhun has had a chance to compare.

"Promotion and support systems are vastly different. I've heard that for some artists in Thailand, they are released within three months. It's a shame. I think Thai artists are talented but they're not properly supported or promoted. It saddens me a bit. I really want the Thai music industry to move forward. I want to see it changed, but there's nothing I can really do. Everyone must learn on his/her own," he said, adding that when time allows and opportunities arise he would love to work more in Thailand.

Even if Nichkhun stresses the importance of his job and how success comes through hard work at the expense of privacy and personal time, it can't be so simple that he can just brush feelings off.

"Of course I have my moments. There are times I want to be alone and do things alone. There are times that I feel like I want to have a girlfriend or hang out with other friends or travel. But when you're working a lot, you hardly have time to feel like that anyway.

"And then you think about work and your future, you kind of forget about it," he said.

Recently, Nichkhun was featured in a so-called reality show titled Scandal. The premise is that a regular girl becomes a famous star's "girlfriend" for seven days. They go on dates and act like a real couple. At the end of a week, if any "real" feelings develop, the girl and the star can exchange real phone numbers and take it from there. Nichkhun's session was rather heart-wrenching, for his one-week girlfriend seemed to be falling hard and fast for the gentle and romantic Nichkhun. The show culled many hateful comments directed at the girl from fans who viewed her as an enemy who got too close to their beloved Khunnie. Questions over the legitimacy of the show also arose.

"Of course knowing someone for a period of time, you are bound to develop some good feelings. But when you think about what you're doing right now, the kind of job you have, it's not really possible to make it happen. Surely, you can let yourself [be involved], but if you consider your work, you'll see how it can't happen. I choose work for the time being," said Nichkhun.

Nichkhun decided to leave it as it was after agonising over it on camera. The main reason for him to sever the tie and stop any further developments was his status as an idol singer since the fans wouldn't be too chuffed when they found out. It might be hard for you to decipher such notions in this day and age when TVs have colour, but you probably are not a teenage girl who dreams her life away. But Nichkhun understands that. He understands what it takes.

"This is my chance, and I don't want to ruin it by having a girlfriend. I don't want to lose my fans and let them down. Burdensome? Hmmm, I'm only human. I think about it, but I try to remain positive. I just look ahead," he said.

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
Aww, they are so cute & dorky, love the gif! I miss them a lot! Thx SO for keeping me alive! ahaha

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
thanks for sharing!!! Ooo dang!! chansung showing off his body!!

090718 Mυsίc Ćοrе Goodbye Stage 2PM Again & Again, I Hate You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5mjUred8fk

wah. going to miss these guys but they deserve some rest though!! love their colors here!! they all look so hot!! ^_^ can't wait for their new album to come out!! ^_^

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
thanks for sharing!!! Ooo dang!! chansung showing off his body!!

090718 Mυsίc Ćοrе Goodbye Stage 2PM Again & Again, I Hate You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5mjUred8fk

wah. going to miss these guys but they deserve some rest though!! love their colors here!! they all look so hot!! ^_^ can't wait for their new album to come out!! ^_^
Thx for sharing.

They look so handsome & hot in a suits! :drool: :wub:

I cant wait for their new album too. ;)

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
thanks for sharing the links & the pictures!! gosh!! Khun is freak hot!!! love the gifs of them dancing!! lol

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
MY BEST MY FAVORITES From Céci Magazine

Wooyoung's

BEST MOMENT (When is the moment you feel most successful?) – When I’m acknowledged for being a good dancer in a dance battle.-
BEST BODY PART (What is the most confident body part of yours?) – my Collarbones -
FAVORITE STYLE - – Hip-Hop or Easy listening like ‘Lupe Fiasco’s style -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – I can feel the truth from Lupe Fiasco’s music. I think both the rhythm and melody get along very harmoniously. -
FAVORITE TIME (What is your favorite time of the day?) – 11pm when I listen to music -
FAVORITE PLACE – I like natures such as mountains, meadows, river, sea or anywhere like this -
FAVORITE WORD (Which saying makes you feel good?) – “You’re funny” -
BEST LOVE STORY – To be able to know that the two of us are meant to be for the first time we meet -
BEST OF BEST (What do I got and the other members don’t?) - Gentleness -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?) – When she gives me her genuine smile. -
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) – Becca from After School since we’re both from cities by the sea. Becca’s from Hawaii and Wooyoung’s from Busan. -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – A man who protects women. -

Junho's

BEST ENSEMBLE (What does all 7 members have in common?) – Hope and desire to be successful -
BEST MOMENT (When is the moment he feels most successful?) – When I achieve a dance step that I couldn’t pull off during my rehearsal.-
BEST BODY PART (What is the most confident body part yours?) - my Jaws -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – I admire Dynamic Duo. They’re so good at music writing, making their lyrics so expressive and touching. I really respect them. -
FAVORITE TIME (What is your favorite time of the day?)– Early morning after finishing practicing, watching our live performances, writing music, playing game and online shopping -
FAVORITE WORD (Which saying makes you feel good?) – “You’re improving” -
BEST LOVE STORY – “ When we look into each others’ eyes and know what the other feels without having to say a word” -
BEST OF BEST (What I got and the other members don’t?) – Good Memory -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?)- When a girl sweats after exercise -
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) - CL from 2NE1. She’s really cool and smart. -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – A man who ought not gossip about others behind their backs. A man who must hold on to his thought and determination. -
BEST HOPE (What’s your greatest desire so far?) – I hope 2PM go well and each of us grow into better directions.-

Junsu's

FAVORITE STYLE – I always love European look and New York style. I’ve tried to create my own style by combining both styles. Henrik Vibskov’s scarf is my favorite. I just got it for my birthday present. I also like jewellery that has my name scarved on it. -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – Kanye West and The Dream. I think they’re really good at expressing their feelings through their songs.
BEST RIVAL (Korean Idol Group that is a great motivation in your career) – Big Bang because their desires are so strong and we are friends-
FAVORITE TIME (What is your favorite time of the day?)– My private time during 12pm – 2am -
FAVORITE PLACE – Anywhere I can meet with my friends. I’d love to go to Switzerland also.-
FAVORITE WORD (Which saying makes you feel good?)– “You’re quite a charming man”-
BEST OF BEST (What I got and the other members don’t?)- Powerful Voice wahaha -
BEST LOVE STORY - I cried when I watched the film, ‘If only’. The leading guy was so cool. -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?)- Nice smile like Jessica Alba -
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) – UEE from After School. She seems to be a good acrobatic dancer. -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – Cool and honest -
BEST HOPE (What’s your greatest desire so far?) – I hope everyone feels good when they read this message.-

Jaebeom's

BEST ENSEMBLE (What do all 7 members have in common?) – Natural behavior...Due to my not-so-fluent Korean, I once slipped out informal words by saying ‘I love it with old people’. I should have said ‘the elder or something like that’-
BEST MOMENT (When is the moment he feels most successful?) – When I got to meet my family after two years of not seeing them. It was also the first time that my family got to see me on stage performing. -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – Michael Jackson, Usher and Beyonce...They’re what entertainers should be.-
FAVORITE TIME (What is your favorite time of the day?) – Bedtime -
FAVORITE PLACE – Home -
FAVORITE THING (What’s your most protective object?) – My dumbbells -
BEST OF BEST (What I got and the other members don’t?) – Acrobatic skill -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?)- A girl who looks good though she wears only a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers like Scarlett Johanson...If only I could act in a weekend blockbuster, I’d love to play a man who falls in love with Scarlet in ‘In Good Company’. -
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) – Park Ga Hee from After School for her dancing is so powerful. She’s full of energy just like 2PM. -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – A man who has goals, who works for his family, like Rain.-

Chansung's

BEST ENSEMBLE (What do all 7 members have in common?) – The love to dance and sing -
BEST BODY PART (What is the most confident body part of yours?) - Eyes -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – Brian McKnight...I just love the sentiments in his songs and his voice is so good. -
BEST HELPER (What is it that you do before going on stage?) – (To keep telling myself that) 2PM is the best out there.
FAVORITE TIME (What is your favorite time of the day?) – 1am – 2am when I’m listening to music. -
FAVORITE PLACE – A sunny place where I get to be alone. -
FAVORITE WORD (Which saying makes you feel good?) – “You’re good at singing and performing.” -
BEST LOVE STORY – To go shopping together, have lunch, watch movie and surprise each other...It may seem typical but it’s what a teenage love should be. -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?) – When a girl mostly determines to finish her task.-
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) – Ye Eun from Wondergirls -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – A man who knows how to control himself and takes care of his family. A man who defends for the girl he loves. A man knows how to think right, though I’m not that kind of guy right now. -
BEST HOPE (What’s your greatest desire so far?) – To be given a chance to do things freely. –

Taecyeon's

BEST ENSEMBLE (What do all 7 members have in common?)- Smells -
BEST BODY PART (What is the most confident body part of yours?) - my ears -
FAVORITE STYLE – Terrorist style...Taecyong loves wearing orange underpants -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – Kim Dong Ryul’s Monologue Live Album...Kim Dong Ryul’s voice is so powerful and touching. -
FAVORITE TIME (What is your favorite time of the day?) – Taking a shower and later answering fans’ questions in UFO Town around 12pm – 1am. -
FAVORITE WORD (Which saying makes you feel good?) – “You’re really like a beast.” -
FAVORITE THING (What’s your most protective object?) – OK cat ring -
BEST LOVE STORY – Rolling on a snow field like in the Love Story movie. -
BEST OF BEST (What I got and the other members don’t have?) – Habit -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?) - A girl who works hard and manages to make others laugh. -
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) - Park Ga Hee from After School because she’s a good dancer and she could make a good team with 2PM. -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – A man who can do anything for his girl is ‘the man’. -
BEST HOPE (What’s your greatest desire so far?) – I hope everyone likes the single ‘I Hate You’ cuz it would strengthen 2PM’s goal. I hope to have a stronger performance for our fans. I want to make my parents proud to say that they have a son who’s a member of 2PM’. -

Nichkhun's

BEST ENSEMBLE (What do all 7 members have in common?) - Honesty -
BEST MOMENT (When is the moment he feels most successful?)- When I was on stage for our first performance after the debut.-
BEST BODY PART (What is the most confident body part of yours?) - my eyes -
FAVORITE RECORD (Who’s your favorite artist or song?) – I like Park Jin Young. I think he’s a genious. I also like Kim Bum Soo and Lee Seung Chol. I just love Ballad songs. Wait! Do I have to call them my seniors? -
BEST HELPER (What is it that you do before going on stage?)- Drinking water -
FAVORITE THING (What’s your most protective object?) – My cellphone -
FAVORITE WORD (Which saying makes you feel good?) – “You do great.” -
BEST LOVE STORY - My appearance in ‘Scandal’ on Mnet channel -
BEST OF BEST (What I got and the other members don’t?)- Multilanguage -
FAVORITE GIRL (What does a girl have to do to move your heart?)- Her waving hair and nice smile -
FAVORITE GIRL (If 2PM has to welcome a new female member out of all Korean Girl Groups, who would that be?) – I’d like to choose Yoo Chae Yon. I think working with her must be a great fun. -
FAVORITE MEN (My definition for being ‘a man’) – A man must be tall, muscular and polite to girls. -
BEST HOPE (What’s your greatest desire so far?) – I hope to be successful and acknowledged as singer and actor in the East. Then, I’d like to go on to Hollywood. After that, I hope to get married, be a good husband to my wife and a good father for my kids. -

Credit: Kor-Thai by Tik@2pm-online.com, Thai-Eng by Deer@2pm-online.com

Did you notice though, that only for Wooyung, Chansung, Taec, and Khun, that their requirements of being a man involved treating girls a certain way...I think that's so sweet. And Khun put his best love story as the Scandal show he was on?!!!! What?!!!! Other than that, I thought the best love story questions were really sweet.