❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Wow. Rompaeng just posted an apology on FB. Basically she’s apologizing for Phrom Likhit to not be good enough a story to be made into a drama, causing the production to be criticized.

It’s very magnanimous of her to do so considering Broadcast and Ch3 basically have not acknowledged all the criticism from the viewers. It’s really more of their fault than the author’s. Yes, as a story PL is a bit lacking, but if Ch3 and Broadcast weren’t so obsessed in making a sequel the drama wouldn’t have happened. I mean, didn’t Rompaeng basically changed the characters like making Reung & Rid look like their father just cos Ch3 wanted Pope to be p’ek?

BPS was quite flat as a novel too. But the drama added conflict like making Karaket so hateful and rude. And Ketsurang rather childish, IMO. But there were peak moments in the plot like the reveal of Det & Ketsurang being destined for each other, and that Det = Reungrit in present time. Along with Falcon’s fate.

Come to think of it. I guess the scriptwriter basically only knows how to write stereotypical n’rai characters and childish protagonists to look cute (Ketsurang in BPS, Rid in PL)?
No reason for her apology. She was not the one who changes the characters in the drama and storyline. Apologies should come from scripwriter & director

nat12

sarNie Adult
The scriptwriter has posted on her FB. Regarding the ending of the novel that is too rushed. The scriptwriter said that the novel ended after Rid & Puttan’s wedding.And then author added a special chapter (like epilogue) on what happens to the family after that. So basically the drama ended just like the drama.

Me: :confused0:o_O:facepalm:

I think everyone can see for themselves a source of the problem here. Like, wow.

bit

sarNie Adult
The scriptwriter has posted on her FB. Regarding the ending of the novel that is too rushed. The scriptwriter said that the novel ended after Rid & Puttan’s wedding.And then author added a special chapter (like epilogue) on what happens to the family after that. So basically the drama ended just like the drama.

Me: :confused0:o_O:facepalm:

I think everyone can see for themselves a source of the problem here. Like, wow.
Yes, just read that…. So basically she is passing the bucket back to Rompaeng, but Khun Rompaeng didn’t write all the crazy stuff she added. Mae Klin doesn’t even make a dent in the novel. Who the hell is Mu Song anyway.

the novel ended with a wedding, but there was no wedding scene.

What happen to story about war in the North.

When did the King ordered Puttarn to be his concubine?
She added and altered the story herself.

While Khun Rompaeng was gracious saying she wants to read all the critics so she can improve

on the other side the script writers came out defensively.

so we can pretty much see where the source of the trouble began. Combined with an unimaginative director and editor.

Khun Mai actually altered quite a lot in BPS to make it entertaining. If he relied on the script it might fell flat too.

nat12

sarNie Adult
And also.. Rid in the book was not the wimpy kid who cried by the window while Puttarn was presented to the King ( which became one of the point most criticised by viewers). That was all on the script writer and director.

In the book, he ask for Puttarn from the King himself.
Yes. Exactly… also he proves himself to be someone Puttan can rely on. After Ung’s husband attacked them he was actually concerned for her safety. Even Okya Wisutsakorn offered to let Puttan stay at their home but Puttan refused because she was worried about Khunying Champa. So Rid sent men to her home for protection and to help around with her farming etc.

Also, Puttan actually feared Khun Luang. So Rid is like the middle person between her and Khun Luang.

Throughout the drama I wasn’t clear from which point Puttan started to develop feelings for him. Yeah she fell in love with him in Phitsanulok. But in the book her opinion of him was gradually changing before that. She didn’t just think of him as a cute boy who’s flirting with her and is fun to tease. She was actually touched that he returned her necklace to her. In the drama they made it like it’s not a big deal for her. It made Puttan less likeable for me actually.

The part about Rid asking the king for Puttarn was a bit brief in the novel but the drama could have expanded on that. That’s why I thought making Puttan enter the palace kitchen would have made for a better storyline.

nat12

sarNie Adult
While Khun Rompaeng was gracious saying she wants to read all the critics so she can improve

on the other side the script writers came out defensively.

so we can pretty much see where the source of the trouble began. Combined with an unimaginative director and editor.

Khun Mai actually altered quite a lot in BPS to make it entertaining. If he relied on the script it might fell flat too.
Exactly. I think P’Mai saw the potential of the drama from a director of period dramas. The director just saw it as rom-com with popular pra’nang that she can make into all these pretty k-drama rom-com. Sigh.

I think from now on Khun Rompaeng will think many times before agreeing to let her work be adapted into dramas or films. Already the supposedly Part 3 she already said it won’t be made into a drama cos it’s too difficult.

I don’t want to be ageist… but I think age is an issue for this scriptwriter.

bit

sarNie Adult
I get that they wanted to make Puttarn like some cold hearted person, difficult to feel love for other people, lack empathy, but her character is not consistent. She was cold with her aunt, then asking for a hug from Ung,

A person who is have hard time loving other people, would have a hard time embracing another person.

if they have written it properly it would have look romantic on how Rid manage to break through Puttarn self defensive behaviour by showing how he care.

In BPS we get so see how Katesurang was falling for Por Date but she had to keep it because of her promise to Karakade also she didn’t know if she will get back to the future.

All of that conflict was not shown properly with Puttarn.

bit

sarNie Adult
The script writer is basically saying, there is not enough material to write from the book, how can it be my fault.

well she should have contacted the writer, ask opinions of others or get a few other writers to help create the script. Since it’s a big project with 27 episodes

nat12

sarNie Adult
I get that they wanted to make Puttarn like some cold hearted person, difficult to feel love for other people, lack empathy, but her character is not consistent. She was cold with her aunt, then asking for a hug from Ung,

A person who is have hard time loving other people, would have a hard time embracing another person..
Yes! I agree with you. Which is why a few posts before I also mentioned that her character is a bit all over the place. Rid has been criticized enough, Puttan in the drama is not perfect either. She has empathy, but is cold, reserved and an introvert. Introverts can be chatty/talkative with people that they’re close to… but asking for that hug from Ung was way too soon, IMO? I mean, it’s not like she grew up being hugged regularly to be consoled whenever she’s sad.

That’s a very… Ketsurang character trait.

There’s a part in the novel where her personality of fighting back when she’s attacked comes from her childhood as having grown up an orphan. In boarding school (no wonder she’s distant with her aunt) she was mocked for that. She developed that tough, bold personality where she’s ready to fight back if she’s wronged. But I think Puttan’s loud/aggressive nature in the drama doesn’t quite match introverts. I don’t know whether it’s the script, the director or Bella developed the character that way. Because sometimes I wondered if Bella who’s an extrovert, really doesn’t quite understand the nature of introverts. And she also tends to overact.

Puttan being so comfortable with Khun Luang so quickly seemed out of character to me too. At their second meeting she’s already interrupting their discussion. When Ming and In came over to talk to Rid regarding Kaew, she also casually walked over to interrupt their conversation. Granted she’s seen them a few times before, but she doesn’t really know them well enough to just talk to them. Again, this is more like Ketsurang.

The flashbacks to Puttan’s past with her aunt.. I’m not entirely sure what they’re for? To show us what she’s like before sure but for what purpose? To contrast with how she’s changed while she’s in Ayuthaya? The only thing I get is that it helps me understand how she could feel comfortable with Ketsurang quickly. Those flashbacks kept confusing me because I don’t understand why her aunt is so cold towards her since her childhood too.

She urging Rid for…. skinship was also confusing to me. She’s an introvert who’s never had a boyfriend before (I think)… so that feels quite out of character.

I feel like for Det/Ketsurang, we noticed them developing feelings for each other based on their behavior and actions. But for Rid/Puttan… it’s based more on their words. We know their character based on how others talk about them, not so much their actions. We know more about their feelings for each other based on how they talk about the other person to other people. This feels like lazy writing. So that’s why the script feels lacking in substance.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The script writer is basically saying, there is not enough material to write from the book, how can it be my fault.

well she should have contacted the writer, ask opinions of others or get a few other writers to help create the script. Since it’s a big project with 27 episodes
Honestly, this just shows her ego. Apparently other scriptwriters have gone to FB and start criticizing Khun Rompaeng. :(

And if Thai dramas doesn’t progress, this is one reason why. They put out a script that insults viewer’s intelligence, then insist it’s not their fault.

bit

sarNie Adult
Honestly, this just shows her ego. Apparently other scriptwriters have gone to FB and start criticizing Khun Rompaeng. :(

And if Thai dramas doesn’t progress, this is one reason why. They put out a script that insults viewer’s intelligence, then insist it’s not their fault.
And that's is the biggest problem of Thai lakorn, the script, they got some of the absolutely gorgeous and handsome actress and actors, beautiful location, hard working crew, big company investment yet most story fell flat because the stories are just ... dead.

nat12

sarNie Adult
And that's is the biggest problem of Thai lakorn, the script, they got some of the absolutely gorgeous and handsome actress and actors, beautiful location, hard working crew, big company investment yet most story fell flat because the stories are just ... dead.
And most of these actors can act too. So their talents are being wasted honestly.

I honestly feel bad for Pope and Bella for exhausting themselves acting multiple characters, only to have their work reduced to their chemistry being the attraction. It’s insulting to viewers that producers think we like watching them cos they’re cute together. I mean, I do… but if I want to do just that there’s hundreds of BTS clips and fan vids that I turn to.

It feels like we keep repeating ourselves on how boring Thai drama plots are and how bad their scripts are. I always felt like Ch3 have all these good actors and newbies with potential, but no one is watching their dramas cos their scripts are not attractive. The dramas look like they’re being produced by people who have no idea what today’s audiences like. And now we know how strong the influence of seniors (producers, scriptwriters, etc) in this industry is. They are just set in their outdated ways.

bit

sarNie Adult
And most of these actors can act too. So their talents are being wasted honestly.

I honestly feel bad for Pope and Bella for exhausting themselves acting multiple characters, only to have their work reduced to their chemistry being the attraction. It’s insulting to viewers that producers think we like watching them cos they’re cute together. I mean, I do… but if I want to do just that there’s hundreds of BTS clips and fan vids that I turn to.

It feels like we keep repeating ourselves on how boring Thai drama plots are and how bad their scripts are. I always felt like Ch3 have all these good actors and newbies with potential, but no one is watching their dramas cos their scripts are not attractive. The dramas look like they’re being produced by people who have no idea what today’s audiences like. And now we know how strong the influence of seniors (producers, scriptwriters, etc) in this industry is. They are just set in their outdated ways.
I just read the script writer reason… in summary she is stuck in lakorn of the 80’s, she’s repeating about plot point being high and low, about having to create villains to make it interesting etc. All the thing people hate about lakorn nowadays.

Did she sub her homework in BPS to someone else? Because that’s the whole charm of BPS, there were no villians. Even Constance was not truly evil, he was finding ways to enrich himself and he truly believe what he did was right. He was sad when Orkya got kill because it wasn’t his attention.

The story was mellow. There was no big conflict between Date and Katesurang, they deal with it like 2 adults.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I just read the script writer reason… in summary she is stuck in lakorn of the 80’s, she’s repeating about plot point being high and low, about having to create villains to make it interesting etc. All the thing people hate about lakorn nowadays.
Urrrghh coincidentally I just watched a video of her explaining her reasons for her script. I guess everyone saw it or read the article about it, which is why Phrom Likit was kinda trending on twitter. The more she described her reasons the more my mood:

IMG_1332.jpeg

Did she sub her homework in BPS to someone else? Because that’s the whole charm of BPS, there were no villians. Even Constance was not truly evil, he was finding ways to enrich himself and he truly believe what he did was right. He was sad when Orkya got kill because it wasn’t his attention.
I truly think P’Mai must have something to do with that. The tension or conflict in the story is related to Phaulkon being outsider whom the nobles distrusted the most. I liked how each character is presented with both sides… as Det said, all of us have good and bad sides. It depends on which side dominates.

I guess the scriptwriter’s contribution is making Karaket so evil that she frequently slapped people and using the ghost of Karaket to appear and make Ketsurang feel guilty for falling in love with Det. To me those are the typical namnao lakorn elements in BPS. And putting the scene of Ketsursang being whipped twice for I couldn’t understand why other than to add drama.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Seriously the scriptwriter admitted that the lack of conflict in Rid-Tan’s romance made the story a bit boring. She thought that the Rid lacks obstacles in his love. BUT then after adding the obstacles, she didn’t write anything to show that Rid can fight to overcome them! People are frustrated that Rid didn’t do anything, they can understand why those obstacles are challenging! So when the conflicts weren’t resolved well in the drama when they didn’t exist in the novel, that’s why the drama is being slammed! :mad:

@bit you’re right. The scriptwriter is stuck in the 80’s. Anyone watching the story normally would have already known that the first main obstacle in their love is that Puttan would be going back, why would she want to fall in love? With a guy who kicked her at first sight! On top of her character that doesn’t want to have bonds with people. And why would Rid want to fall in love with a woman who looks like his mum and appeared out of nowhere claiming to own his family heirloom! He’s rightfully suspicious of her!

Her response to why Mae Klin & Khun Luang appears more prominently in the drama than in the story was even more WTF. She said it’s cos of her responsibility to the producer and the channel, because the actors in the role are pra’nang of the channel. So their roles need to stand out. WTF SERIOUSLY.

But whose story is this?? Why does the status of the actor matter? It’s about lead or supporting roles in the story. Regardless of the status of the actors, their duties as actor is to perform the roles given to them as befitting the story!

Good luck, Ch3. If this is your attitude towards making dramas…. When PB, MK, NY, Mario, Taew, James Jirayu eventually leave, good luck finding audience for your dramas. This year your highest-rated dramas that are not namnao all have these actors. When they eventually leave, all the best.

bit

sarNie Adult
Yes Namtarn and Great are at main actor level but that’s not how they should be treated. Great character lack depth, lack grandiose of a Khun Luang.

Look at Got, he had a small role in here yet people remember him more at Phra Suea. The way he carried the role.

Punjan and Prang were only supporting in BPS but people still remember them and even the small screen time they had was more effective.

Rid and Puttarn obstacle were their confusing emotion, Puttarn doesn’t want to fall in-love, Rid was confuse why he cared for her. That is enough material to make it a good romance without adding all the stuff about becoming concubine and crying by the window.

Do these people even read the book or look at Korean drama, see how things are presented?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Do these people even read the book or look at Korean drama, see how things are presented?
Apparently not. They’re convinced that they know better than the audience. For the longest time when I see criticisms of Thai lakorn, lakorn supporters will retorting how the critics don’t watch anyway, so their comments don’t matter. Now this is a drama that is highly anticipated…. So many people watching and giving feedback yet all the feedback is basically dismissed out of their own ego. This is basically insulting the audience. Many commenting did not even read the novel (like me and are confused about the story. The scriptwriter is convinced the changes she made improved the story :rolleyes:

When people complained about Mae Klin coming out so often, they were already saying it’s because Namtarn is playing the role… that’s why her role is so prominent. Then Rid’s character is ruined and Great’s character looks good by consequence. So of course people aren’t happy. Cos people aren’t even sure why they would root for pra’nang to get together.

Not just Punjan & Prang… even characters like Luang Sriyot only appeared a few times yet viewers still remember him.

But Phrom Likhit even had random newbie actors making cameos at the end, adding further confusion to an already confusing ending. And then doing that, along with some other confusing casting decisions make people more turned off. For example, the actresses playing Ung, Ketsurang’s grandmother and Puttan’s daughter are all related to the scriptwriter. Fortunately Jaja acted well in the role of Ung.

But the appearance of Ketsurang’s grandmother was confusing. Because Ketsurang already knows about the problems that Ayuthaya will face. So the scene with the grandmother is not necessary. And the girl who plays Puttan & Rid’s daughter is cute, but doesn’t look like either of them. This is in contrast with other child actors which are well cast. Like the little girl who played child Puttan, she does resemble Bella (and acts very well). The boys who played child Rueng & Rit.. the ones who said “Good morning” in that one scene, they do resemble Pope.

Personally I felt bad that Namtarn & Namfah had to act in such roles that had no dimension.

And I won’t bother with future Broadcast dramas or dramas with this scriptwriter. How unprofessional of her. Her script deviated so much from the novel, and then when the drama was criticized, she basically blamed the novel. :mad: She basically thinks all the fans criticizing are stupid and cannot judge what we are watching for ourselves.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Exactly. I think P’Mai saw the potential of the drama from a director of period dramas. The director just saw it as rom-com with popular pra’nang that she can make into all these pretty k-drama rom-com. Sigh.

I think from now on Khun Rompaeng will think many times before agreeing to let her work be adapted into dramas or films. Already the supposedly Part 3 she already said it won’t be made into a drama cos it’s too difficult.

I don’t want to be ageist… but I think age is an issue for this scriptwriter.
Just hoping Ch One can work with Rompaeng for a continuity of the Ayutthaya historic drama with the previous director Mai. Pope should really leave Ch 3 and be a free agent. Quite obvious Ch 3 had stopped promoting him.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Apparently not. They’re convinced that they know better than the audience. For the longest time when I see criticisms of Thai lakorn, lakorn supporters will retorting how the critics don’t watch anyway, so their comments don’t matter. Now this is a drama that is highly anticipated…. So many people watching and giving feedback yet all the feedback is basically dismissed out of their own ego. This is basically insulting the audience. Many commenting did not even read the novel (like me and are confused about the story. The scriptwriter is convinced the changes she made improved the story :rolleyes:

When people complained about Mae Klin coming out so often, they were already saying it’s because Namtarn is playing the role… that’s why her role is so prominent. Then Rid’s character is ruined and Great’s character looks good by consequence. So of course people aren’t happy. Cos people aren’t even sure why they would root for pra’nang to get together.

Not just Punjan & Prang… even characters like Luang Sriyot only appeared a few times yet viewers still remember him.

But Phrom Likhit even had random newbie actors making cameos at the end, adding further confusion to an already confusing ending. And then doing that, along with some other confusing casting decisions make people more turned off. For example, the actresses playing Ung, Ketsurang’s grandmother and Puttan’s daughter are all related to the scriptwriter. Fortunately Jaja acted well in the role of Ung.

But the appearance of Ketsurang’s grandmother was confusing. Because Ketsurang already knows about the problems that Ayuthaya will face. So the scene with the grandmother is not necessary. And the girl who plays Puttan & Rid’s daughter is cute, but doesn’t look like either of them. This is in contrast with other child actors which are well cast. Like the little girl who played child Puttan, she does resemble Bella (and acts very well). The boys who played child Rueng & Rit.. the ones who said “Good morning” in that one scene, they do resemble Pope.

Personally I felt bad that Namtarn & Namfah had to act in such roles that had no dimension.

And I won’t bother with future Broadcast dramas or dramas with this scriptwriter. How unprofessional of her. Her script deviated so much from the novel, and then when the drama was criticized, she basically blamed the novel. :mad: She basically thinks all the fans criticizing are stupid and cannot judge what we are watching for ourselves.
Agreed. Many supportering casts in BPS had make strong presence , especially the veteran casts who played historical figures. Most of them left a gd impression on their casting roles , though it is not happening in this Destiny 2. Just got so irritated with quite a few of them, especially Klin and MS

bit

sarNie Adult
The script writer really did Namtarn dirty, she just wrote a boring, typical non-sense villain without reason for her, when she can be much more than that. So her reason for saying she needs to expand the character because top level actress is playing is just bullshit.

And it shows she doesn't move with time, he villain is still the stupid nangrai of 80's lakorn.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Ch3 never promoted Pope much. It’s just that he has a huge fanbase that he accumulated from Juthathep, Samee Tee Tra and even more after BPS. Ch3 could not ignore his huge fanbase. And Pope himself avoids publicity.

This time it’s he himself who’s choosing to be silent and avoid publicity. I think newer fans don’t know a lot about him, but I’ve been following him for years and I’ve seen fan comments from over 10 years ago asking him to update his IG more often. He’s always been like this. It’s disappointing but his most loyal fans are used to it. Newer, younger fans who grew up with social media also probably still cannot understand him at all.

Just think of him of being like Cillian Murphy, then you’ll be understand how he’s like when it comes to publicity.

There’s no guarantee that if he leaves Ch3 he will be more famous or get more offers. Just that he has more control over the scripts he chooses to work on. Because scriptwriters are all freelance… they work on productions across all channels. P’Mai also hasn’t repeated the success he had with BPS.

He’s on the cover of Jan 2024 for Preaw Magazine. Let’s see whether he reveals his contract status with Ch3 then.