❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
I was just thinking... one of the significant things about Prom Likit is the Kritsana Kali manuscript right? We didn't hear it for a while until Puttan said she wanted to go to Phitsanulok. They should have inserted mentions about it more often than Mae Klin showing up on our screens. I think the audience's interest would have been sustained if she went to Phitsanulok earlier...like in last week's episodes...then had storylines about the siblings or wives or royals play out before and during the stay at Phitsanulok.
That’s a very good idea! Also for the royal decree for Rit to marry Prae Jin to arrive while they were in Phitsanulok. Or maybe after they come back? No idea how the royal decree works, I’m guessing a “master” of the household had to be around to receive it.

Personally I thought there would at least be a conversation about the manuscript between Det & Ketsurang after Rit first told both of them about Puttan. Because during that conversation, she just said maybe it’s a good idea to let Puttan touch it so that she can go home. Probably testing Rit’s feelings about it. But Det was immediately worried at the mention of the manuscript because he didn’t want it near his wife. And he understood immediately why Rit asked Rueng to take it with him to Phitsanulok.

There is something about the editing in this show that lingers too long on too many unimportant scenes. Like the pace of the show is off. As a period drama, BPS had slow, deliberate scenes too. But the pace felt faster compared to PL. Maybe because there were more substantial things happening in BPS? PL just feels like there are too many repeated jokes, too much of p’ek being moody alone, inserting too much comedy in romantic scenes (sometimes it’s funny, but too much it’s confusing and irritating), obsessed too much with selling koojin moments (when it’s really not necessary).

Part of the charm of BPS as a period drama was the subtlety of the romance. Not everything has to be shown for us to understand that the leads have feelings for each other. But PL took a different path. Constantly showing them at loggerheads with each other without showing when their feelings for each other developed. I thought after their fight regarding the Jong Prieng event Rit should have been clear that he had feelings for her. And Puttan could indicate that she understood him but it would be difficult between them because she always intended to go back. This is not her place (and time, but I think she won’t mention that). She mentioned it, but only to Ung. The romance/flirtation could still continue but at least there would be a tiny progress in their relationship? And Rit wouldn’t come across as so petulant.

bit

sarNie Adult
The director really didn’t know how to utilize Pope and Bella amazing chemistry, without having the slow mo music or whatever they put to make it look romantic.

They can bicker normally, but the director like to exaggerate them making it look forceful.

Ming and Kaew dialogue was ridiculous. They could have shown Ming coming to visit Rid at his home more while working like how Rueng used to visit Por Date. Rather than him suddenly appeared at the temple saying how he likes her.

They royal decree, can be shown how the King send his men to deliver the royal decree, I’m sure it can be more majestic than just suddenly appearing in Por Date house.

During King Tai Sa there was the rebel in the North and war with the Khmer because of some political issue, Prince Dam did mention it earlier, but they let it . That can be a great source of conflict too.

Even the King decree on the fish can be more dramatic, but they rather have Great playing to boyband role that the King who is trying to secure his kingdom.

His dialogue is really boring actually although it tries to convey his Kingdom conflict. The historical figure in BPS had really short dialogue with each other but the tension and story are known to the public watching.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The director really didn’t know how to utilize Pope and Bella amazing chemistry, without having the slow mo music or whatever they put to make it look romantic.

They can bicker normally, but the director like to exaggerate them making it look forceful.

They royal decree, can be shown how the King send his men to deliver the royal decree, I’m sure it can be more majestic than just suddenly appearing in Por Date house.
Yes on the Pope-Bella thing. The exaggeration is obviously to differentiate Rid/Puttan with Det/Ketsurang. I mean, in BPS Det/Ketsurang really didn’t have much overt contact, but the audience were already into their romance when it started.

Them falling into each other, the light that appeared between them was explained why it happened. But it didn’t really happen all the time in the show. In PL all these moments are overused, so it feels like parody. And then contrast it with how strongly they were arguing, plus Rid was so sulky, so it felt to me like their whole romance became a big joke. Like I’m supposed to root for these 2 to get together why? Det & Ketsurang were supposed to marry and were living in the same house. So they often had to meet and get along. But Rid didn’t have a reason to go to Puttan’s house every day. Puttan didn’t have a reason to go to his house much too.

These 2 characters are forced to meet because of the show but logically they have more reasons to avoid each other on purpose. But no, the show is basically putting them together as romantic couple who would fight often because - karma.

Why Mae Klin who hates Puttan so much keeps coming by to screech at her and keep creating problems for her? Karma.

You made a good point regarding Great’s role. Great mentioned that there are 2 types: one is the type that moves events in the show forward, the other is narration. Monologues which basically narrate the situation so that viewers can understand what’s happening. I think why Great’s lines seem boring because his lines are really the narration type. The historical characters in BPS all had lines that move action in the show. The historical narration was done by Det’s father, Det and Ketsurang’s professor in her memories.

In PL there’s no character like Ketsurang who cares about history so much. But even if that is so… the historical characters existed and scenes could give dimension to their characters. Det went out often, or had people coming over to his house to work. Rid looked like he only spent time with Puttan daily. Rid & his friends could bump into his sisters in the palace, for example? Or after Rid got transferred to the treasury, he also could be at the markets more for work? He could still visit her often but more like after work. So he’s seen working.

Like, of all the imaginary scenes they chose to include to make the drama more interesting, they chose to make Mae Klin & Prae Jin into outright evil n’rai. Also to differentiate it from BPS, where that character type did not exist.

I think part of why the palace scenes in this drama didn’t feel as amazing as in BPS was because they didn’t take place in the throne hall? Also cos we saw all that before in BPS. In PL these scenes are happening in the pavilion/hall where King Tai Sa preferred to be. So it felt less amazing.

I feel like the director doesn’t actually understand period dramas. She is only comfortable with typical romance lakorn. P’Mai had directed period dramas before, so he understood their format & charm very well, just that the twist for BPS was to make it a fusion comedy.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yesterday’s episode was good (in spite of Mae Klin’s appearance in the beginning). Couldn’t we have had this earlier in the show? :rolleyes:

I didn’t even open Twitter while the show was on. Haha. But when I opened it, found everyone excited to see Rueng Lek and Mae Riam. But I wasn’t? lol their dynamic is basically young Det & Ketsurang and I have seen that before. Also haven’t seen them together enough to see their chemistry.. they’re cute and look good together. Maybe I’m Puttan.. that’s why I like Rid more. Haha.

Imagining Grandma’s headache if Prang & Riam meet is fun. :celebrate16:

Maybe if’s cos of Punjan & Prang being there but the BPS feels came back with yesterday’s ep. The BTS of the dinner scene at the end feels like a reunion. :pancarta:

Some people don’t agree with Rid stealing a kiss from Puttan while she’s sleeping. I can see why it’s problematic. But I think the shyness of Khun Nu after that was cute and made me not mind that as much?

bit

sarNie Adult
This lakorn seems like having a split personality, the one in the beginning and yesterday had more the old BPS vibes.

The middle one is like a filler they create to cramp as many stars in the drama.

nat12

sarNie Adult
This lakorn seems like having a split personality, the one in the beginning and yesterday had more the old BPS vibes.

The middle one is like a filler they create to cramp as many stars in the drama.
That’s why many people kept wondering if the scriptwriter is the same. But it’s still the same writer.

I just think it’s ironic that they included so many stars so that it won’t just be PB all the time. But then stuffed the middle of the lakorn with fluff to pander to PB fanbase.

I was thinking maybe the story doesn’t need this many eps? Or was it planned for usual 1h 40min eps at first, then the airing time got reduced so the episode planning went haywire?

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Great as King Tai Sa, didn’t bring that majestic feeling. Very ordinary.
Yes! In BPS, the duo of King Narai/Petracha had a really commanding presence and even the court people like Kosa Pan gave off the authoritative vibe. I would say maybe because they're older but Nonkul as the Prince in the movie had that same presence.

I enjoyed Great and the "boyband" adventures among common folks but the court scenes are lacking. I'm assuming they don't really want to touch the war angle because it doesn't fit into the comedy tone?

nat12

sarNie Adult
@jeanie1 Good point re Nonkul’s presence in the movie, in spite of his age. I enjoyed having the boyband scenes in the show too, cos it really shows other aspects of Rid’s character. I feel like Pope envisioned it as a younger version of his character in the BPS movie? In the early eps of this drama I could see that’s how he designed the character. But Bella’s Puttan is really forceful, so he had to up the energy of his character to match.

I think court/palace scenes having more impressive vibes is largely cos if the direction. There was a scene in the last episode where Pope had to change into his outfit for his audience with the King. In BPS, they really built up a similar scene, the first one where Punjan & Pope had to change for court with slo-mo, music & lighting. In the most recent ep, it just looked like him being dressed with help from aides normally. I’m not saying this scene is that important that they have to build it up. I’m just saying it’s the director’s choice to build up certain scenes, including the kind of performance they get from the actors. So the court scenes in PL, and Great not having the same grandiose feel as King Narai before, is probably due to direction as well.

I mean, the director chose to make all the girls stumble & fall into their men in this drama also. :rolleyes: Which was really overdone. Because there are way more characters now.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
Rompang reveals part 3 titled Universe - Pantip

Looks like the novel author Rompaeng is planning/writing her third book... I don't think she's thinking about whether it is to be adapted into a drama or movie in the future yet, but she's thinking about the plot currently. You can see her scribbles in the post that she posted... I put the link above for your reference. Anyone can help to translate or roughly summarise what her post is about?

Also, just an observation, I'm surprised that I don't see a lot of posts about the fanmeet that happened last night. I never expected it to be widely talked about like BPS fanmeet but I thought that maybe there would be more talk about it. I mean, I almost forgot that it was happening yesterday. I saw only 2-3 posts about the fanmeet on Pantip. I also saw more ads than about the fanmeet under the general Prom Likit hashtag on Twitter. Most of the posts center around Pope and Bella so I didn't see much of the other cast who were there last night.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
From what I’ve seen regarding what the author has spoke about it, she’s doing research on the sequel, but the Buppe “universe” might be expanded even to history outside Thailand. She does not intend to sell the rights to make drama or movie for it because it’s going to be too difficult. (And maybe she feels her experience with PL has been a bit disappointing?) But we’ll see how it goes.

There haven’t been a lot of posts about the fan meeting before this because it was a rushed job. It was less than 2 weeks between the announcement of the fan meeting and the event day. And it was held on a week day. Most of the fan meeting posts centre on Pope & Bella because they were the ones the fans were really there for, LOL. But most of the other cast members were there too and I think 2/3 of the fan meeting involved them? The last hour or so involved Pope & Bella.

I think Pope was really reluctant to do it. Broadcast finally rushed to organise one just as long as they got Pope to agree on a date that Bella will be available as well. His involvement with the event was minimal, he didn’t even promote it. He was the only cast member who wasn’t in traditional Thai costume yesterday too.

Many fans, especially international fans, have been blaming Ch3/Broadcast for not having many events involving the lead couple together for PL. I think it’s largely cos of Pope. But I don’t want to blame him entirely because I kinda get where he’s coming from as well. He likes acting but dislikes celebrity and publicity. I suspect his contract with Ch3 must have really ended that they are being so accommodating to him now.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Pope seem to be quite distant with Bella in the fan meeting fr YT. Usually he is very chirpy and playful. Perhaps they are not as close as we thought.
CH 3 is clearly promoting all the young stars in this fan meeting, Pope & Bella only appearing in the last hrs, but CH 3 did gave Pope a spectacular entrance compared to others.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Pope seem to be quite distant with Bella in the fan meeting fr YT. Usually he is very chirpy and playful. Perhaps they are not as close as we thought.
CH 3 is clearly promoting all the young stars in this fan meeting, Pope & Bella only appearing in the last hrs, but CH 3 did gave Pope a spectacular entrance compared to others.
They have become less close. I think it’s due to a combination of factors. Maybe it’s the age factor. Pope has become less playful and more calm.

Now he doesn’t want to let people milk their natural chemistry together to be used as koojin marketing hype. Like, they have worked together for years now so everyone has benefited enough from it so he thinks it’s enough.There was a lot of secrecy on PL shoots and it’s also a challenging shoot for him so when I noticed that he didn’t appear much on BTS shots on social media, I thought that was why. I wondered briefly if they weren’t getting along. I think they are ok, but they are just colleagues as he has stated so the way he behaves with her now is the way he behaves with all his other co-stars on set. Even with Mew he was like this.

In the few clips he’s done to promote PL, he always asks audience to support Rid & Puttan, he doesn’t mention Pope & Bella. It’s like he wants people not even think of him, just focus on the work.

On a personal level, and this is my shipper theory/speculation… I always felt that he’s different and closer with Bella compared to his other co-stars. Like he is playful with everyone, but he still maintains a distance with them. But with Bella he’s very close. I don’t know if he realized it himself, honestly. The way he behaved was like he has liked her for a long time, but she wasn’t single. So he was just happy being close with her at work. After she became single though, she doesn’t like him that way. So then he seemed to decide to not appear so close to her in media to stop all the speculation. Because last year, each time he met the media, he was constantly asked about her. It’s uncomfortable. When he spoke about her he always said they’re just siblings. But they have natural chemistry which everyone makes everyone jin. So when he says they’re just siblings, it looked like he wasn’t being honest.

OTOH Bella is very comfortable with the publicity and the media. When talking about him she’s very friendly and playful with the media. Always talking nicely about him but (in my opinion) in a roundabout manner to not offend the PB shippers. Her thinking is to not offend fans so that it won’t affect their drama, but I feel like Pope doesn’t agree with this. It’s like: you don’t like me, don’t let people imagine that you do. We can promote the drama without relying on this.

It’s not surprising that he wants people to move away from the koojin hype but this level of distancing makes me feel like there’s something a little bit more personal, IMO.

Unless they’re actually dating but want to keep it so private hahaha. Then I’ll be glad to be proven wrong and offer thanksgiving prayers to celebrate. :pancarta:

The other element that makes their distance so drastic is that Pope is withdrawing from celebrity hype totally. The few PR appearances he’s made for PL he only talked about PL and his work in the drama. He’s not promoting himself at all, and minimizes talking about personal stuff.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Yah, strange for a celebrity like Pope to keep so low a profile with least public events when Ch 3 is hyping the ongoing drama. Belle is so busy w so many events daily.
Actually I prefer Pope to go freelance for awhile, so that he can work w other channels, especially Ch One, seem to produce better dramas these days and they do have gd actresses too. ( In Sg, we seem to hv more Ch One dramas shown instead of Ch 3). Of course, I still enjoy the last collaboration of Pope & Belle chemistry ,doubtful that both will work together again for a long time to come.
I have yet to find other leads that oozes such sizzling chemistry.
Bella had acted with Giant before, chemistry is dead in that drama. Ha ha

nat12

sarNie Adult
I always thought that Ch3 will never let these people go: NY, MK, PB. They pull a lot of ratings for Ch3 and fans for Ch3. But viewers tastes and habits have changed while Ch3’s scripts are stagnating. Casting these actors in dramas cannot guarantee ratings that they used to pull easily. See what happened to Lai Kinaree and Nadech & Kim’s drama.

Within Thailand, ratings for Thai dramas everywhere are down. Even ONE HD drama ratings are often at best comparable to Ch3, or at the same level. Their plots appeal to regional/international market more because that’s how they target their dramas i guess. Matches the taste of regional viewers who watch on streaming.

The reason why he’s so low-key is cos he’s introverted and private. He likes being an actor but dislikes the celebrity part of it. I once thought Pope will never leave Ch3. Because unlike Bella he doesn’t have a personal manager and his place in Ch3 is stable. He will get steady offer of scripts for as long as he’s there. But lately it is more likely that he will leave. He has reached the max age of being p’ek in typical Ch3 dramas. He’s probably tired of being typecast too.

He doesn’t see the need to promote himself further (that’s what celebrity event appearances basically are). And in Thailand the entertainment media can be so toxic that they only focus on stars’ personal lives. The way he sees to survive it is to not feed into it, not play this game. It’s exhausting. Like if other stars are happy to do it, then good for them. (Bella is very good at it). But he’s not, so that’s my take on why he seems intent on fading out.

I think if he leaves Ch3 and just focused on doing movies it will be good for him honestly. But first he needs to get a good manager who can understand his preferences and make it work within the context of Thai entertainment. Which is probably hard. Hahaha That said, I have never seen another actor in his generation who is so low-key yet still have such a huge fanbase.

bit

sarNie Adult
Pope and Bella were really an accidental pairing which somehow turned incredible. Unlike NY and MK which the CH3 actively promote.

Both was not the first pick for BPS project, Pope was in it because P’Nong is fond of him, not because CH3 wants him. and her first pick rejected the offer. And since Pope was the only who don’t have a project back to back he can patiently wait for BPS to sort itself out.

Bella was in the project after Choompo had to decline after waiting for so long for it to begin.
While her koojin status with James Ji was famous, CH3 didn’t put her in famous projects after that like Plerng Boon and Wimarn Mekala were not the top tier type.

So when both blow up in BPS, CH3 really don’t know what to do since both are quite independent on their project at that point of time. It was more on Broadcast which can get Pope to be involve.

Bella now has more freedom to do project outside of CH3 like the film with Bright.

With Prom Likhit CH3 is trying to push all their new gen to get some limelight. While Pope and Bella are chilling enjoying free time visiting temple and practicing dhamma…

nat12

sarNie Adult
With Prom Likhit CH3 is trying to push all their new gen to get some limelight. While Pope and Bella are chilling enjoying free time visiting temple and practicing dhamma…
Because they also faced negative feedback in making Pope & Bella play multiple roles. It’s like they’re just selling jin to the audience, and selling it too hard. It feels like they’re pushing the new gen for publicity because Pope & Bella are stepping back from it too. So using Prom Likhit to push the new gen seems to balance it out for them. But seriously almost all the time that I see the supporting casts on programmes to promote PL, the hosts will keep asking them about Pope & Bella anyway. It’s awkward for everyone and I don’t know why Thai media doesn’t have more sense than to ask about people who are not there.

Ch3’s bigger problem is they don’t have enough good scripts for all the talent they have with them. And they don’t seem to know how to produce and market dramas for a changed media and audience landscape. With PL they had ready huge fan base and good acting talent and they still could mess it up, sigh.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Pope is just another Andrew Gregson. Who is such an introvert and private person. He once mentioned, he doesn't know how he gotten this far in the industry when he doesn't like the fame part of it. He does his job, disappeared and reappear from time to time. I think, with Andrew, he was like that almost from the very beginning and as much as media didn't like that part about him, they accepted it and generally leave him alone.

Pope, on the other hand, just takes a little step each year to withdrawal himself from the limelight. To me, any celebrity that can have fame and a decent sense of privacy have really succeeded in the industry. It's more complicated to do...because of how toxic the media could be.

I always believe there's attraction of some kind between co-stars if they work with each other long enough, and from there it depends on the individual. Pope might have had some feelings for her initially, but come to the conclusion that it was fruitless. He had resigned to them being just co-workers/friends and moved on...

bit

sarNie Adult
Andrew came into fame when there is no social media all they have is the understanding with reporters. It’s easier to deal with. Nobody cares about what the public have to say about you.

bit

sarNie Adult
Even with Pope and Bella is an item, don’t think we will get much info on it as both are actually very private when it comes to their relationship.

Bella only came out to be showing W around after he was caught with his pants down. Even that she did it reluctantly.

Pope is very private, more so after the fan stalking his family home incident.