❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
What. Was. Today’s. Nonsensical. Episode?! My blood was boiling from the first scene with Klin’s stupid appearance at the house and her obvious fakeness. I seriously pity Namtarn for having to do such a role. And she’s such a good actress.

I have never read the novel, but I’m quite sure none of the characters are this dumb. I pity Pope & Bella for having to act out such stupid roles. When and how did Rid & Puttan fall in love? They kept fighting, and mostly over stupid things. The sweet scenes feel super forced.. such a waste of PB’s talent, their chemistry and what disrespect to audience’s intelligence.

Comedy is important, but at times things should be taken seriously too. Why must everything be funny? The royal orders for marriage feel like such a joke to have both come in out of the blue in the same episode.

I’m sure Broadcast has been bombarded with non-stop criticism. So tonight after the ep there was a short historical segment on the princes. This info should have been incorporated in the drama Why do we keep getting endless scenes of pra’nang fighting over stupid things and servants repeating lines as repeated gags?

I saw that they increased the time and got a bit excited cos maybe they re-edited the remaining eps. But then I realised no way - because the drama is simultaneously airing in different countries right now. If they’re adding time just to increase ads - then live ratings will really drop.

bit

sarNie Adult
In the novel, Rid is cunning, very intelligent not childish. For example the reason he ask Puttarn to go to the market was to apologize for sending the messenger late to catch up with Rueng, although his ulterior motif was to get close to Puttarn.

The script and editing doesn’t seems coherent, when did these 2 fall in love? All they did was quarrel for no reason.

They add extra minutes for historical tid-bits. Didn’t they realize that should be in the story not some end note? And Khun Luang Tai Sa has nothing better to do than just discuss marriage of his royal subject? No business? no discussion about his enemy in Khmer?

nat12

sarNie Adult
When they made Rid childish, and Puttan rough & tomboyish, I could still accept. I thought.. oh they really want to make Rid & Puttan different from his parents. They want to create that opposites attract dynamic. I personally won’t like a guy like that, but I get that sometimes people act silly/childish with people they love.

Puttan is cold because she’s afraid of getting close to people, doesn’t want to be disappointed. She’s tomboyish cos of her job. Someone’s who’s dainty and fragile cannot do well at work sites where she has to manage strong men. But she’s still feminine and likes beauty and nice things.

Rid is the childish Khun Nu. Because he’s the younger son who’s more curious, affectionate, playful and sensitive.

Admist all the squabbling though, I can only sense that they have an attraction to each other which they themselves had not acknowledged. It’s more like each person thinks the other is cute, and wants to be near them. She keeps teasing him just cos she thinks he’s cute (a reversal of the typical p’ek/n’ek dynamic), but she also finds him irritating (which, the audience does too). And does push him away every time he comes. It’s confusing to him, and even to us as viewer. Audience is scolding Rid as immature, but often I think Puttan is a bit immature too. Especially with Rid.

The show can choose to do this… but they need to resolve all this before Rid & Puttan can fall in love. But then each time they come close together, there is Mae Klin. So how are we expected to believe that both of them will love each other enough to overcome all the challenges in their way?

Just the fact that she’s from the future, can and wants to return is a huge obstacle. Their differing social status is another obstacle. Just Prae Jin existing is another obstacle. Their romance is impossible from the start, but they stretched out their squabbling so much that even I think Puttan should just go home. Their main fight is about misunderstanding each other because they come from different eras. His parents argue about similar things too, but the difference is that they already love each other.. so it looks cute when they do it.

The redeeming factors of Rid is that he’s sincere and loving. When he loves someone, he really does and goes out of the way to be close to that person and make that person happy. He hates his sister being sad over her chickens dying, so he kept buying new ones. He worries that Puttan might be sad over losing her necklace, so he just bought it back for her even though that time he barely knew her. Now he knows for sure he loves Puttan, he’s totally honest about it and doesn’t change his mind. And he is charming and capable at work. He fights well, and the scene where he was talking before the whole boyband got into a fight, I kept thinking… ah, this is the diplomat’s son. He has his father’s negotiation skills plus his mother’s charm.

The way the script is though… the show wanted to create the tension of squabbling couple that we don’t know when and how they would fall in love. We just have faith that they will. They did this so badly that apparently now they both have fallen in love and no one knows when and how it happened. :rolleyes:

bit

sarNie Adult
If only the left all the Mae Klin unnecessary scene, they might put a more coherent story of Rid and Puttarn.

In the novel Rid love Puttarn so much that he is willing to give the book back so she can go back. Puttarn isn't in-love with him, she likes him, but not in-love yet at this point. But she soon learn that he is willing to let her go back just to ensure she is happy. That is the point when she starts to fall for him.

nat12

sarNie Adult
If only the left all the Mae Klin unnecessary scene, they might put a more coherent story of Rid and Puttarn.

In the novel Rid love Puttarn so much that he is willing to give the book back so she can go back. Puttarn isn't in-love with him, she likes him, but not in-love yet at this point. But she soon learn that he is willing to let her go back just to ensure she is happy. That is the point when she starts to fall for him.
That makes so much more sense. Also, I think the many ad breaks is affecting the coherence of each episode too. Makes the editing (which is not good in the first place) weird and the story hard to follow.

There are many fans who are angry with the people criticising. Said we must understand that this couple has different chemistry/circumstances, cannot expect the drama to be exactly like the novel.

I understand that. I don’t expect it to be totally the same, but the changes introduced insults the viewer and the novel. It’s 2023, we don’t need stupid n’rai and p’ek in plots!

Even Prae Jin has no redeeming quality other than being pretty. When Khunying Champa preferred Det to be with Chanwad, both Chanwad & Karaket were so-called hi-so girls but Chanwad had better upbringing. But what is this Prae Jin? Her aim in life is just to have Rid as her husband when her mother had even thought she was too young to enter the palace? Like what? She’s not even old enough to take care of herself but wants to marry? Her manners are considered bad in modern society, let alone in that era. And they make her family as bad as this, how are we supposed to accept Prang marrying into that family?

Last edited:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I've been so busy the past few weeks & unfortunately, I won't be able to watch live anymore starting next week because I'll be overseas. But I've been reading your comments. I wanted to post my feelings here but I really couldn't. I've been having internal conflicts about this lakorn. Part of me wants to post my immediate reaction but another part of me is still hoping for something better, asking me to wait.

But it's been 17 episodes. So I think I'll listen to my impulsive side for once. I should just say it.
I'm really getting annoyed with this lakorn at this point. For the first time last night, I stopped watching halfway.

I feel like for the last 9 episodes, they're going to just going to resolve everything quickly with simple reasons to justify the solutions. I think it's going to be a rushed ending and then we all just have to accept that the story has ended like that. I don't know...that's just what I think.

Personally, I think that instead of giving Mae Klin unnecessary or repetitive scenes, they could have planted a few scenes here and there consistently throughout the series about the political background (I didn't see much of the royal court scenes in the middle) and socio-cultural norms (i.e. the part about different wife status discussed by Prae Jin and her mom could have been inserted in somewhere earlier). I wish they gave more time to show the process of making all the products i.e. cooking scenes like the one where she roped in p'ek and p'Joi to help was well done (wish I could see her selling at the market though) but creating those makeup products, I wish we were shown how she did it.

I think there's nothing wrong with the acting, everyone's doing a great job with what they were given. It's the script. I don't think I have to explain it here, you have all explained the criticisms about it so well the past few days and I have to say, I agree with your thoughts too. I don't think any of us expect it to be a 100% copy of the novel. The audience wouldn't mind a few changes. But the way they've changed it...it's not only insulting the audience's intelligence, it's diminishing the audience's respect towards certain prominent characters in the story. Like...what was with p'ek last night?

Some significant things that I noticed was that I don't feel attached to any of the characters in this story and there is no scene that immediately comes to mind that I feel excited to talk about. Most of the side characters have very little appearance and their personal stories are not shown to be really expanded on and contribute to p'ek and n'ek's story throughout the series. In Bhuppae, I can immediately think of certain scenes that I get excited to talk about. The group poetry scene, the day he drowned but she saved him, Nam pla wan scene... In this lakorn, I vaguely recall some scenes but when I try to remember the context and what happens after, I just remember p'ek and n'ek bickering but I don't remember what the bickering was about.

I'll just hold on til the end because I'm more than halfway through now. But I have to admit, I really don't feel excited about this anymore. And that makes me sad. If anyone knows of any English translation of the novel in full, please let me know. I'd really love to read it, thank you :icon12:

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
If it wasn’t for Pope and Bella chemistry, I would rather drop this into the abyss of CH3 lakorn.

They shoot for so long for this lakorn for something so nonsical like this.

Guess even Pope are not too excited about his character arc as Rid.

nat12

sarNie Adult
If it wasn’t for Pope and Bella chemistry, I would rather drop this into the abyss of CH3 lakorn.

They shoot for so long for this lakorn for something so nonsical like this.

Guess even Pope are not too excited about his character arc as Rid.
Yes, I think so. Maybe that’s why he’s been staying away. I mean, it also coincides with the phase in his life where he’s staying away from publicity completely - didn’t attend calendar signing last year, didn’t attend football selection event this year, at football practice didn’t stay to talk for promotion shot, opted just to be in football event this year, not attending calendar signing this year.

He and Bella did such a good job in working out their characters, only to have their skills and chemistry be used to carry the entire show. And then have the show basically use koojin to promote it to death.

If the team wants to argue that the novel itself focuses on the character’s karma instead of the history, I will like to argue back that history & culture were part of the charm of BPS. The time that the project was on pause cos of COVID could have been used to research more of the history and culture bits that can be incorporated into the script. But they spent so much time working on the script and shooting the drama, only to have it rely on nonsense n’rai to create conflict in the plot.

Plot-wise, the BPS movie didn’t have as much history compared to the drama. But they still researched a lot and incorporated it effectively in the movie.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
It's the same script writer so I don't know where they went wrong but she lost the mojo for sure. The book reviews generally felt that PL was a weaker novel than BPS but I don't think it went off track as much as the drama has.

I do remember the book author saying there wasn't as much recorded in history about this time period/king? and she wanted to take a different route with this one. Whereas BPS was deep into palace politics and royal figures, PL was supposed to be more about the life/culture of regular folks. That said I don't think the drama captured that angle well either.

Nothing really happened in 17 episodes and I didn't mind the "slice of life" vibe in the first handful of episodes but it got old. Don't know what's left to cover. They still have the twins/spell origin story coming up and that might take up an episode or 2?

nat12

sarNie Adult
It's the same script writer so I don't know where they went wrong but she lost the mojo for sure. The book reviews generally felt that PL was a weaker novel than BPS but I don't think it went off track as much as the drama has.

I do remember the book author saying there wasn't as much recorded in history about this time period/king? and she wanted to take a different route with this one. Whereas BPS was deep into palace politics and royal figures, PL was supposed to be more about the life/culture of regular folks. That said I don't think the drama captured that angle well either.
Yes, exactly. I also know there wasn’t much history sources of this period but there still could have been more incorporated into the show. Yesterday was a Klin-less ep and look how much more interesting and less frustrating it was! Couldn’t this storyline with Kaew & Ming be introduced into the show earlier? The part in the palace could also be inserted earlier. Each of this is worth one less scene of Klin, and one less scene of Rid sulking or fighting with Puttan.

For all the claims that the show have about needing to introduce tension/conflict into the drama so that the drama is less flat, it doesn’t resolve them well!

Yesterday’s main conflict was about Kaew being sad about being ordered to marry Ming, but she actually likes him. Did we even get a scene of them talking together resolving their misunderstanding? No. We got a vague scene of everyone meeting together that ended with Prang saying that line “let love lead the way.” The conflict is born out of Ketsurang ideals against arranged marriages, which is understandable. And in Kaew’s perspective, she wants to feel assured that Ming has feelings for her. This is the era where men can have many wives, but she grew up with her dad being happily married to only her mum. So it’s not surprising if she dreamed of having the same thing and wasn’t sure if Ming felt the same way.

But I’m not sure we got a scene that effectively resolved this? Suddenly Kaew is ready to marry and her mother’s parting words to her is for her to prepare for her wedding? Or maybe I missed something.

There’s supposedly not a lot of history for the drama, but we are now getting all this history bits as end-notes to the show. The law about fishing, and construction of a canal? I’m confused that they actually shot scenes for it, but they haven’t been used in the drama? We really could have gotten more of it into the drama if we had one less pra’nang slow-mo falling into each other scene. I personally felt we could have gotten more scenes with George before he had to go too.

I think the lack of substance in the plot lies in the script, as well as the editing.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The funny parts I loved in yesterday’s ep:
  • Joi tricking Rid that they were leaving Puttan’s house to go to Praya Kosathibodhi’s house. ;) Just to test Puttan’s reaction.
  • In knows to look for Rid at Puttan’s house, instead of at his own house. :pancarta:
And I can't believe we first met Rid in Ep 3, but I had to wait till Ep 19 to get confirmation of what I suspected. Rid is not actually a spoilt brat. At work, he encounters situations where he gets angry and unhappy, and he manages to keep it in. He’s sulky only with Puttan, and P’Joi. It’s just that the show shows so much of that, and not enough of Rid with other people, so the image of Rid that viewers have in their minds is that he’s a sulky bratty p’ek. It’s not balanced.

He’s furious with his grandma because she basically lied to get the King to order him to be married to Prae Jin. But when his grandmother was talking to him he basically held his temper. (And, my gosh, very few actors can convey a lot of emotion while being quiet and still. Pope is very good at this). And cos he didn’t feel like talking to her he just looked up. Like Joi said earlier he’s starting to talk like Puttan. And act like her too, LOL.

bit

sarNie Adult
The editing and the direction. It’s the same problem that affect 99% of Thai lakorn. The go all slow mo, introducing this and that in the first few episodes, goes flat in the middle then suddenly just ended without tying all the knot that they introduce earlier.

PL is more slice of life, but the director didn’t introduce it the way BPS did. Even the palace scene isn’t as grand as BPS, where the music and character introduction makes us feel ..wow.

Great as King Tai Sa, didn’t bring that majestic feeling. Very ordinary.

Denkhun however bring more majestic aura to his character with less script.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I wish we got more from the siblings.

Prang is hilarious

P Ming

Mae kaew

P ming

Mae kaew

Prang - P Ming

Hahahaha

nat12

sarNie Adult
The editing and the direction. It’s the same problem that affect 99% of Thai lakorn. The go all slow mo, introducing this and that in the first few episodes, goes flat in the middle then suddenly just ended without tying all the knot that they introduce earlier.

PL is more slice of life, but the director didn’t introduce it the way BPS did.
Ugh… which is why I suspected it’s like the production didn’t analyse properly what made BPS such a huge hit. They seem to think it’s all Pope-Bella FIN scenes , comedy, and beautiful visuals. Everyone is sad that Thailand’s most successful drama in the digital tv era has a long-awaited sequel that is basically like every other lakorn which they hate to see.

I read twitter at the same time as watching the ep live cos it’s the only way I could be patient each time Mae Klin typical n’rai character came on. And basically I confirm that most Thais online are like me too - they HATE typical lakorn nonsense. It’s not like before when I thought, oh.. the stuff I usually hate in lakorn maybe Thais do like them. Which is why the channels keep making lakorn like that. Turns out the Thais are sick of it too, but the channels don’t know how to make other types of dramas.

I already blamed the director for repeating and stretching jokes. If I see Mae Prik repeat her lines one more time I’ll blow up. I’m convinced the director is to blame making Rid’s character sulky to the max too. She doesn’t realise that Pope can differentiate his characters so well that he doesn’t need overacting to do this. Just have him in 3 different characters sitting quietly, you can see the 3 of them are different.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I wish we got more from the siblings.

Prang is hilarious

Hahahaha
Me too! I kept thinking we should have gotten all this earlier in the drama? Also good luck to In when he decides to go after Prang. Her father is most possessive of her. :pancarta:

Although I am doubting if they should even get together in the first place. Considering what his family is like. :rolleyes:

Should have cut out some of Mae Klin scenes. If they’re making her so stereotypical n’rai, we don’t need scenes of her on the horse with Rid or her like Mae Nak in the tree. Those were just for comedy, they did very little to help push the plot.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
Yes, exactly. I also know there wasn’t much history sources of this period but there still could have been more incorporated into the show. Yesterday was a Klin-less ep and look how much more interesting and less frustrating it was! Couldn’t this storyline with Kaew & Ming be introduced into the show earlier? The part in the palace could also be inserted earlier. Each of this is worth one less scene of Klin, and one less scene of Rid sulking or fighting with Puttan.
There’s supposedly not a lot of history for the drama, but we are now getting all this history bits as end-notes to the show. The law about fishing, and construction of a canal? I’m confused that they actually shot scenes for it, but they haven’t been used in the drama? We really could have gotten more of it into the drama if we had one less pra’nang slow-mo falling into each other scene. I personally felt we could have gotten more scenes with George before he had to go too.

I think the lack of substance in the plot lies in the script, as well as the editing.
I was just thinking... one of the significant things about Prom Likit is the Kritsana Kali manuscript right? We didn't hear it for a while until Puttan said she wanted to go to Phitsanulok. They should have inserted mentions about it more often than Mae Klin showing up on our screens. I think the audience's interest would have been sustained if she went to Phitsanulok earlier...like in last week's episodes...then had storylines about the siblings or wives or royals play out before and during the stay at Phitsanulok. Airing time would have been better utilized and there would be obvious sub-plots happening to other characters that contribute to the main plot. i.e. Maybe have the royal decree for Rit to marry Prae Jin be announced while he was in Phitsanulok, then when he comes back, it'll be a short dramatic moment or something. It's just what I think.

If they have such scenes to air as end-notes, I wonder how many more scenes have they shot that we are not shown? How many scenes are part of logical sequences that we did not see and as a result, get confused about the plot or characters? After yesterday's confusing scenes about Kaew and Ming's story (Suddenly Kaew was ok? Are there scenes we missed out on?), now I'm also mad at the editing and directing. I really thought it was just the script. But now I'm thinking, maybe the script was ok and complete but it was the editing and directing that could have messed things up.

PL is more slice of life, but the director didn’t introduce it the way BPS did. Even the palace scene isn’t as grand as BPS, where the music and character introduction makes us feel ..wow.

Great as King Tai Sa, didn’t bring that majestic feeling. Very ordinary.

Denkhun however bring more majestic aura to his character with less script.
Ooo good point! I mean the introduction in the court scene in the beginning was ok but after that...that feeling of huge authority like in BPS wasn't really there.

Although I am doubting if they should even get together in the first place. Considering what his family is like. :rolleyes:

Should have cut out some of Mae Klin scenes. If they’re making her so stereotypical n’rai, we don’t need scenes of her on the horse with Rid or her like Mae Nak in the tree. Those were just for comedy, they did very little to help push the plot.
When that scene about Prae Jin's family and the dad having affairs was aired, a lot of people on Twitter were immediately against Prang marrying into that family. I even saw a tweet saying something like 'Don't fall for him! Run away from that family!' :risas3: Obviously, I can't harshly criticize this issue of wives in the past because I'm not entirely familiar with Thai culture and society, especially the history and way of thinking of people during that era. So I can't comment and dictate how things should be based on my modern thinking. But I think I can say that how such an issue is portrayed to a modern audience or how characters in a story are shown to confront such issues could have been better shown or explained. i.e. I think that if In's character was shown or emphasized to be someone who is more of a helper than a leader but has a strong stance, even against his father, then the idea of him marrying Prang one day wouldn't be opposed as strongly. For example, there could be scenes where he is shown to hang out more with Rid and his family so we are unconsciously making links that perhaps his way of thinking and values about family is more like Rid's family than his own. Or there could be a subplot about him realizing how some people are getting certain jobs because of bribery to his father and then he goes about either gradually trying to change his father's mind or strongly stating that he's against it and then taking drastic action. At least such a subplot could contribute something to the main plot and also have people think that In is different than his family. At least that's better than having Mae Klin appear so often or have the main couple bickering, going around in circles.

Unfortunately, based on the preview for today's episode, we're having Mae Klin come on our screens again and argue with her grandma about how she's not cherished as a grandchild. Here we go again:facepalm:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Men having multiple wives were really common in ancient times. Mortality rate was high, and infant mortality even so. Families needed children to help out with the home. Also, women essentially could not live independent lives. They weren’t educated, women didn’t go out to work - only women in the lower classes did to survive. For men, having many wives is a sign of their success and prosperity - only those who were rich could afford to do so, because it meant they had to support many people. Women viewed finding a husband as a necessity for survival.

In BPS, Ketsurang with her modern outlook really struggled to grasp this. She liked going out, so she didn’t understand why she couldn’t just go anywhere on her own. But upper-class women were rarely seen in public amongst the commoners. They also could not go out unescorted for safety reasons. That’s why she always needed khun pi to bring her to places. And the few times he couldn’t, he ensured that male servants would escort her, and it’s always for simple trips like going straight home.

It’s not wrong that Ketsurang was against arranged marriages for her children. She feels like they’re forced to marry together against their will. But it’s also not wrong for Det to feel he cannot understand what the fuss is for Kaew to not agree to marry Ming. Like they both like each other anyway so what is the problem? He feels like his wife is forcing the kids to accept inappropriate ideas and doing so just creates problems where there is none. If Kaew didn’t agree to the marriage because she truly disliked Ming, I believe no one would force her. Rit mentioned it to Puttan when they were all chatting at her house. And I believe Det would also find a way to work around it. Personally, I think this issue was cleared between Det & Ketsurang better than it did between Kaew & Ming, IMO.

Re In & Prang, I think it’s early days yet. It’s sibling-acquaintance relationship. Personally I think the show it’s a bit slow at developing their storyline (as well as Kaew-Ming’s). Maybe in the next couple of eps we can see where In’s convictions lie regarding his father’s actions.