❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
PL ratings for Ep 7 reached new high.:cheer:

AC Nielsen7.6
TrueID289,738
3Plus639.4K

Last edited:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Subtitles for this must be impossible. There are so many puns/bits about language that can't be translated? I'm liking Great and his crew-them trying to act as normal people and failing badly.

Rit and Puttarn's fight team up reminds me of Cdramas. I don't buy Karaket's remark that people were more honest in that era either. Reminds me of how the older gen always claim that times were simpler back in the good ol days. I forget the exact quote but something like the past only seemed simpler because we're ignorant of the complexities.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Subtitles for this must be impossible. There are so many puns/bits about language that can't be translated? I'm liking Great and his crew-them trying to act as normal people and failing badly.
I agree. Also all the pop culture references/slang. But this is a constant problem for translators for all languages and all shows. The common best method will choose to recreate the language confusion in another way, e.g. BPS the movie translators choose to translate “or jao” as thou/thee etc to just demonstrate the fact that was speaking in an old-fashioned way.

Rit and Puttarn's fight team up reminds me of Cdramas. I don't buy Karaket's remark that people were more honest in that era either. Reminds me of how the older gen always claim that times were simpler back in the good ol days. I forget the exact quote but something like the past only seemed simpler because we're ignorant of the complexities.
That’s a good way of looking at it. I mean, Det was literally a diplomat. That’s already an example of an environment where one would encounter people who don’t seem to be who they are. Maybe Karaket just wanted to reassure Puttan that the people she will face in her environment would tend to approach life in simple/more basic way. Like people in the country tend to be more relaxed/simple vs people from the city.

bit

sarNie Adult
I look at the Netflix translation, it feels like seems season one series got better translation, they manage to insert the joke and nuance better.

This new series had quite a bad translation, most the joke was lost in translation.

Like when Puttarn was telling Por Rid about returning all her history knowledge back. The English subs didn’t captured the joke.

bit

sarNie Adult
I think in terms of good and bad, it’s always were there it’s just a matter of realising it.

I mean… once in a while I do some internet detox and it’s refreshing, not reading social media, the news and chat group can clear your mind of stress.

I guess that is what Kadesurang meant. You only life within your own knowledge without having to think of others outside your circle

nat12

sarNie Adult
I look at the Netflix translation, it feels like seems season one series got better translation, they manage to insert the joke and nuance better.

This new series had quite a bad translation, most the joke was lost in translation.
When BPS was first shown on Singapore TV a few years ago, the English subs they got was much better than the one for Netflix. I already loved the show on Netflix, but the one shown in Singapore obviously was done by someone with an Asian perspective.

E.g. when Puttarn said she returned everything she learnt to her teacher, Westerners might not understand what this means. But I believe many non-Thai Asians understand this joke immediately.

Jokes/puns are notoriously difficult to translate for any language. Back in the day when K & J-dramas were only available via fansubs, I used to love fansubs more cos many made the effort to translate those specifically. Or provide the context. Fansubbers are super passionate about their work so they take the trouble to do that.

Professional translators are under immense time pressure and underpaid for their super difficult work. Most channels & streamers don’t care much about the quality of subs - as long as they’re there. Their mindset is eh, it’s good enough that there are subs.

By now I’m really grateful that I only really need subs for all the royal/palace/politics scenes and text on screen. And when they rap. :pancarta:

bit

sarNie Adult
Looking at Singaporean channel translation, it is much better. They manage to keep the comedic nuance with the translation.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Looking at Singaporean channel translation, it is much better. They manage to keep the comedic nuance with the translation.
The current one? But for PL the English subs seems to be based on Mandarin dialogue, instead of the Thai one. I guess Thai translates to Chinese better than to English, as both are Asian languages.

bit

sarNie Adult
The current one? But for PL the English subs seems to be based on Mandarin dialogue, instead of the Thai one. I guess Thai translates to Chinese better than to English, as both are Asian languages.
It’d based on the Mandarin one, but although the subs translator didn’t translate it per Thai dialogue as it is, they manage to insert the joke in Mandarin way.

At least much better than the dry Netflix one.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I guess this press conference with Great was done last week after their Dara Live session. He talked about his experience acting as King Tai Sa, what he enjoyed, the challenges, how he has gained a new appreciation for Thai history after this experience. Also, the secrecy around him taking the role… it’s not just on social media, but in real life while he was shooting the crew kept him hidden and covered as well. :pancarta: But fans still figured it out. Which is true cos I heard rumors of him being part of the show since fitting day!

Everywhere online there’s spoilers about today’s and this week’s episodes. :rolleyes:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Ep 8 tonight…. I was sobbing crying until the first commercial break. Even Bella was sobbing as she watched. All the guys acted well. Also I can see why the director said Great was her only choice for the role.

Then Rit & Puttarn fighting like 12-year-old kids made me laugh. I feel so bipolar.

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
Rid is so innocent sometimes and clueless.

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Ep 8 tonight…. I was sobbing crying until the first commercial break. Even Bella was sobbing as she watched. All the guys acted well. Also I can see why the director said Great was her only choice for the role.

Then Rit & Puttarn fighting like 12-year-old kids made me laugh. I feel so bipolar.
Yeah same episode 8 had me crying so much, yeah that made me laugh to.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Khun Nu Rid is a pampered child of his mom, clueless on how to flirt. Should learn from dad :facepalm:
Mommy’s boy.. hahaha. Luckily , the girl and his mum like each other. Otherwise in real life this would be hard. LOL

His dad was true tsundere. Don’t talk a lot (cos he thinks a lot) but is good with words. That’s his charm. Rit is more emotional. Acts first, thinks later. I think when Rit figures out his feelings and starts pursuing Puttan actively she will be swayed.

Almost 10 eps in.. Bella’s use of lower voice as Puttan is still quite consistent. Except in scenes with Pope. Haha Maybe because she tends to get emotional in scenes with him, but even when the character is not emotional, she tend to use her normal voice.

Joi is MVP in last 2 eps. Haha he must feel it’s deja vu.

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Mommy’s boy.. hahaha. Luckily , the girl and his mum like each other. Otherwise in real life this would be hard. LOL

His dad was true tsundere. Don’t talk a lot (cos he thinks a lot) but is good with words. That’s his charm. Rit is more emotional. Acts first, thinks later. I think when Rit figures out his feelings and starts pursuing Puttan actively she will be swayed.

Almost 10 eps in.. Bella’s use of lower voice as Puttan is still quite consistent. Except in scenes with Pope. Haha Maybe because she tends to get emotional in scenes with him, but even when the character is not emotional, she tend to use her normal voice.

Joi is MVP in last 2 eps. Haha he must feel it’s deja vu.
I agree with this 100%, I have noticed that as well.