❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
this will be on Netflix so I don’t think CH3 will busy themselves with providing subs.

Quite surprised that they provide subs for the teasers this time. They were so stingy with subs last time, deleting even the fans added one
I think @spanky meant subs for Ch3 shows in general.

I’m not surprised they subbed the teasers/trailers for PL cos this is going to overseas markets. They will need publicity material. Also for all those industry events where they market Ch3 programmes in advance. I read somewhere this will be broadcast in 10 countries simultaneously with Thailand. I assume this this refers to the Netflix deal - which means it will go to 9 countries there other than Singapore. Singapore is getting this on their tv channels so it will likely not be on Netflix there.

nat12

sarNie Adult
[
Wish they translated the "family tree/connections"

Pp characters seems funny/interesting.....she's the baby and has all of them wrap around her fingers....and it seems like her mom, adventurous, curious/inquisitive, tomboy like....
That’s exactly what PP’s character is like. From BPS we already know she’s her father’s favourite. But in PL we will also learn her siblings also dote on her a lot. And she has that troublemaker personality like her mum.

I tried to edit/translate those relationship charts yesterday but got so confused/tired at the historical one (with all the royal titles). Should I try doing the family characters first?

Fikachu

Good to be back!
That’s exactly what PP’s character is like. From BPS we already know she’s her father’s favourite. But in PL we will also learn her siblings also dote on her a lot. And she has that troublemaker personality like her mum.

I tried to edit/translate those relationship charts yesterday but got so confused/tired at the historical one (with all the royal titles). Should I try doing the family characters first?
Thank you for helping with the translation :icon12: I think you should do whichever is easiest first. That way, you won't get so frustrated(since Ch3 or Broadcast themselves have not put out any translated materials other than that latest trailer).

nat12

sarNie Adult
Thank you for helping with the translation :icon12: I think you should do whichever is easiest first. That way, you won't get so frustrated(since Ch3 or Broadcast themselves have not put out any translated materials other than that latest trailer).
thanks. Ok I’ll try my best.

Currently annoyed by things on social media. Broadcast put out a video on YouTube earlier… new BTS clip showing how Pope especially handled shooting of different characters in the same scene. But as I was watching it, they put the video on private.:BangHead: Likely they will re-release the video, and I’ll share it once they do.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Ok I finished the translated character map. But the file is too big to share here. I’ll do so once I figure out how to shrink it.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Oh finally figured out how to get this here. The file is too big. Hopefully this works.

Please don’t share it outside this board? I don’t
wish to be hit by copyright strike or be sued.:p

Clarification: I cannot read Thai so this was largely complied by google translate, my dramalist and Google where the Thai script was unreadable.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Oh finally figured out how to get this here. The file is too big. Hopefully this works.

Clarification: I cannot read Thai so this was largely complied by google translate, my dramalist and Google where the Thai script was unreadable.

Ty. That is a lot of time/work.

nat12

sarNie Adult
You’re welcome, guys. And yes this took longer than I thought it would. o_O
I listened to the theme song on loop while doing it - for the feels. LOL
let’s just say.. I don’t really feel i can do the chart for the historical characters just yet.

Great & Namtarn talk about their characters and their experience on working on this show.

smilealways06

sarNie Adult
Honestly, Ch3 should have already done this. They already planned for this show to be shown to overseas audience. And knowing how these are based on actual historical figures, they should have prepared the proper translations for this upon release so to ensure accuracy. Especially considering how sensitive matters relating to the royal family are. Even in adapting BPS novel to drama they made key modifications to characters, because the drama production was afraid that the descendants of certain characters might take offence.

I’ll try to edit the historical family chart if I can. I think at this point, it is enough to just note how these characters in PL are connected to those in BPS. Essentially Great’s & Denkhun’s characters are brothers, and Got’s character was their father. There would be tensions between their characters, according to previews.

I’ve been wondering since fitting two years ago what Phet’s character is. Now I know. But there doesn’t seem to be much about his character in English online.

We will just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.
As long as the writings are in English letters I'm fine with that;):thumbup:

smilealways06

sarNie Adult

Thank you! Just what I needed, just so I can be able to know who's related :)....the "Love" and "Hates" arrows:pancarta::pancarta:

Last edited:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I read Pantip (it was pretty painstaking since I had to google translate words) because I was curious about how the locals feel about Prom Likit coming to their screens. I have put the link to the thread that I read below. I saw some comments complaining about Bella & Pope being cast for so many roles. Some of them feel that other actors and actresses should be cast for the children's roles instead (and then some recommended some names etc. etc.) & some think that the parent roles did not look old enough (should have invested more in the makeup, mustache alone isn't enough, etc.).

Personally, I agree that they should have made Date and Kadesurang look older. Maybe they could add some strands of grey hair on their heads and Date's mustache, or add some wrinkle lines on their faces. However, I do not agree with the opinion that they should cast other actors and actresses for their children's roles. A few years ago, I read chapter summaries that someone who read the novel posted on Facebook. I had to google translate them so I wasn't confidently sure of the history part of the story, but I roughly understood what the leads' story was about. So from I what know, I think it's important to cast the same people for the related characters. There is also a sort of cruel, brilliant irony to having the related souls reincarnate into similar-looking bodies. It's all related to the Kritsana-Kali and in the end, it's all supposed to come together and make sense.

I'm just curious about your thoughts and opinions on this issue. Also, do you think that some people may think differently if they had read the novel prior to watching Prom Likit? Because I even saw one commenter admit to not wanting to see any teasers, trailers, or reading the novel. The person wants to go in blind and just watch the lakorn when it comes out.

Thread I'm referring to: Unfortunately, the fate of the parent chapter seems to use someone else to act - Pantip

bit

sarNie Adult
Por Date and Katesurang are in their 40’s, not that old, perhaps yes the makeup or CG could be use to make them look older, but this is Broadcast Thai, not the most brilliant company for make-up visuals.

to get other to act the part… well the trouble is Pope and Bella are the face of BPS, the Por Date and Katsurang chemistry wouldn’t work with other actors ( that’s how I see it… it might be different to others)

There is a reason why they all look similar in the book. The writer also stated she envision Pope and Bella for the Rit and Puttarn.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Thank you! Just what I needed, just so I can be able to know who's related :)....the "Love" and "Hates" arrows:pancarta::pancarta:
LOL that’s literally on the original map. Well, the “loves” one were literally “love each other” in Thai but it’s on small space on arrows clearly pointing to two people… so I thought the “each other” part is clear, so I made the text short.

smilealways06

sarNie Adult
LOL that’s literally on the original map. Well, the “loves” one were literally “love each other” in Thai but it’s on small space on arrows clearly pointing to two people… so I thought the “each other” part is clear, so I made the text short.
Lolz, I figured you were just translating from the map itself...I just find it funny to actually be able to read it from an English format:pancarta: thank you for your hard work:clap::thumbup:;)

nat12

sarNie Adult
@Fikachu I saw the same posts probably and the same comments in other spaces online since this lakorn’s FITTING TWO YEARS AGO and I’m honestly annoyed by it. I remember what it was like when they were talking about a sequel after the end of BPS and back then there were loads of comments like: “if it’s not Pope & Bella in the sequel, I won’t watch.” Just like @bit said… GDH even identify that Pope & Bella is one of the key elements for the BPS brand. Their movie script literally would work for any actor, but they need Pope & Bella to call it BPS.

The same comments appeared last year after Perd Wig. And now I’m also seeing comments like “it’s confusing seeing them in multiple characters… I can’t tell the characters apart,” “the whole drama is just Pope & Bella”. It’s frankly annoying to me that viewers are making such comments while not counting the fact that BPS was Ch3’s most successful work in this decade probably, and PL is now such a huge drama that half of Ch3 is in it. I think these comments aren’t entirely wrong, they just didn’t think them through.

I think at a start making the sons look like Pope seemed like a novelty gimmick that he also agreed on because it’s a challenge he never took on. Just like other actors doing twin characters in lakorn. But as production expanded the channel also realized there’s a risk this would be just a Pope & Bella show that way as well, so I’m sure they revised the script to expand the cast. Sure they can cast senior actors as older Date & Ketsurang, but where will they find the actors of the same pull for that role? Tewaprom is also another massive production filming at the same time, also using senior actors (e.g. Poh Natthawut, Big Sarut, Joy Rinlanee, etc) in the older version of Juthathep characters. There are already netizens criticizing casting of some of those roles. But actors don’t grow on trees and just using random extras for these key roles might disrupt my concentration watching this than the possible confusion of watching a lot of Pope and Bella LOL.

And honestly, like @bit said, Det & Ketsurang are in their 40’s. People in their 40’s don’t look that old these days. :pancarta: Pope is literally in his 40’s now! I feel like other actors younger than him have aged faster in the same time period compared to him.

Sorry I really went on a rant for this but these netizens really annoyed me :mad:. I think it’s just too easy for haters to hate on things. But BPS is my most fave Thai drama of all time. To me, helping to make PL succeed is essential in helping Thai drama producers not just make dramas about women fighting over men, adultery, revenge, slapping women etc. This is the only drama I’ve been waiting for, once this drama is over I will go back to mostly ignoring thai dramas until something interesting comes along. ;)

I mean, personally I also think PL might not be as successful as BPS. But it’s worth giving it a chance? Haters gonna hate, and my personal thought is that if they’re that easily confused by the characters on screen then I honestly wonder how they they manage to go through life LOL.

The theme song MV was released just 4 days ago and it’s now had over 500K views. I haven’t closely followed Ch3 dramas for a while but I don’t think this is the usual response these days to their theme song MVs.

bit

sarNie Adult
Hahaha yes, Pope is actually 40 and he can give most younger actor than him a run for their money in the look department if he is into the commercials. Lucky for them he is a hermit.

I think PL have more expansion due to more historical figures and history coming in. They might want to play on that too as that is what attracts people to BPS apart from the love story.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
They should've definitely at least try to make P&B the parents look older. I'm not saying it needs to be on the level of Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button but this just looks like they didn't even bother. Yes at 40s, they don't have to look that different but the problem is it is easier to make someone look older than younger and there should be more of a difference in the way the 2 generations look.

The whole different cast as leads thing...the same faces is part of the plot so that's on the book author? I appreciate Broadcast's acknowledgement for their BPS cast, not Pope and Bella, but it looks like they made the effort to bring back as many of that cast as possible.

I also don't think this will be as successful as BPS which was really a lightning in a bottle moment. My impression was that the book itself was less well-received than BPS. As long as it's not the disaster that was Raeng Ngao 2...

bit

sarNie Adult
Raeng Ngao shouldn’t have a second part at all, it was an old book, 4th remake when it became a hit.

The book writer just wrote part 2 with a very short story so they had to come up with a lot of non- sense just to fill in the drama part