❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Did someone say that Kim is a leading actree no drama queen..so adorable when people are oblivious.

Anyhow, @sasuke06 : we are gonna have to agree to disagree. It is all good. No hard feelings ;) everyone see things differently.

@AnnTfan: Matt seemed like she is the only one that got her own joke :risas3: especially Andrew didn't see what the big fuss was...not just that no one got into it like her, that's what make it funny, awkward and embarrassing at the same time:risas3:

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I hope after seeing what Andrew did in MKLFF that it motivates Matt to do the same thing here, push herself as an actress and make the character synonymous with her.

Lyly_isthebest

sarNie Adult
Hey guys is it true that Matt is in a relationship with someone outside of the ET??? Only wondering cause in says on her profile online.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hey guys is it true that Matt is in a relationship with someone outside of the ET??? Only wondering cause in says on her profile online.
Yes, she has been with her boyfriend since she was 14. Originally she wanted to leave the industry at 28 to settle down but I think she probably changed her mind. I don't know what else he does but photography seemed to be something he is good at.

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
Masu (is it the guy who liked Yaya in Kluen Cheewit?) is in this drama? As who?

As for people saying Matt will look too big next to Nadech. I think it will be fine even if she does look bigger. In the original korean drama, although Kim Soo Hyun is taller than Jun Ji Hyun, I found that she still looked bigger than him because he has a tiny head and face.

Last edited:

anopinion

sarNie Egg
The Thai YWCFTS remake is trending (?) on Weibo right now. Here's a Chinese article on the casting: http://star.ettoday.net/news/943526

Translation (CN to EN)

Thailand has been actively adapting classic Asian dramas in recent years, including the likes of Full House, Princess Hours, It Started with a Kiss as well as Fated to Love You. On the 12th, reports have confirmed that an adaptation of You Who Came from the Stars which starred Kim Soo-hyun and Jeon Ji-hyun is in the works. Do Min-joon will be played by uber-popular actor Nadech, and Matt Peeranee has been cast in the role of Cheon Song-yi.

(Introduction of Nadech) According to an article from Dara Daily, the producer of the drama stated that, "we chose him as our male lead when we first purchased the rights to the remake."

(Briefly talks about casting rumours for Cheon Song-yi, as well as a short introduction of Matt)

The production company also revealed that Park Eun-ji, the script writer for the Korean version of YWCFTS, wanted the Thai side to pick a superstar to play the role of the male lead. "She also asked about the potential options for the female lead because she was very concerned. We hadn't found our person then, but now we are set on Matt Peeranee."

-----

Contrary to reports, I think the Korean side did not explicitly ask for Nadech. They requested for a superstar and the first person who came to mind for the Thai side was him. And this is pretty much solid confirmation for the main cast if the quotes are accurately translated.

Last edited:

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Yay yay yay! I think Nadech is definitely a superstar lol, he deserves more single fans though. Im so happy this project will bring more attention to both Matt and Nadech. Hoping to see the fitting soon

anopinion

sarNie Egg
After trying to watch the Thai Princess Hours, I'm not sure how this will turn out. I think this is the first time a big channel has tried to do a remake of a foreign drama? So hopefully it'll turn out better than the other ones. I mean, my only experience was with PH and it was absolutely terrible. Though at least acting most probably won't be an issue for our leading cast. But there's still potential problems like pacing and especially the OST. I think a sub-par soundtrack can really hurt since a lot of times the OSTs really value add to a Korean series. The Thai PH songs were so bad they hurt my ears.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Yeah i hope this turns out well but this is the first Korean drama remake I've seen that has had big stars starring in it. Usually with the other remakes its with thai stars that people don't usually follow, well that's how i feel lol. I think the only one I've heard people enjoy was Full House?

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
Nadech is definitely popular and I would deem the reigning "IT" star of his generation, I can understand why the Korean Production team would want the project to have someone like that on-board. Although I'm curious as to what they think of the Philippines version of it. As for Thai remakes, I whole-hardheartedly standby the Full House remake , I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it & also my "strictly" Kdrama friends too who gave it a chance would attest to it as well (it made them look into other Thai-dramas but they didn't really care for what they saw unfortunately lol).

I hope the Production team doesn't get too bogged down by expectations and boxing in this drama into the Kdrama mould. Just take the story and make it relevant to the Thai audience first and foremost. When it comes to music, I honestly rank lakorn OST's on the same level as Kdrama OST's. That's my personal preference.

@anopinion - Thanks for the translations :)

Last edited:

anopinion

sarNie Egg
Yeah i hope this turns out well but this is the first Korean drama remake I've seen that has had big stars starring in it. Usually with the other remakes its with thai stars that people don't usually follow, well that's how i feel lol. I think the only one I've heard people enjoy was Full House?
I agree on the no "big stars" part. At least, they weren't exactly "big" domestically. That's also why I said acting isn't really a problem (not implying that fame = acting though, but there's some correlation). However, Thai dramas generally have problems with pacing. I've watched a couple where the progress was too fast in the initial episodes that the rest of the drama just felt draggy. Hopefully the fact that they have something to base it off fixes this issue. I also wonder if they'll just try to rewrite lyrics to the Korean songs, or if they'll go completely original.

In any case, I'm still optimistic. I quite like the casting, and I'm alright with the plot too.

anopinion

sarNie Egg
Nadech is definitely popular and I would deem the reigning "IT" star of his generation, I can understand why the Korean Production team would want the project to be have someone like that on-board. Although I'm curious as to what they think of the Philippines version of it. As for Thai remakes, I whole-hardheartedly standby the Full House remake , I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it & also my "strictly" Kdrama friends too who gave it a chance would attest to it too (it made them look into other Thai-dramas but they didn't really care for what they saw unfortunately lol).

I hope the Production team doesn't get too bogged down by expectations and boxing in this drama into the Kdrama mold. Just take the story and make it relevant to the Thai audience first and foremost. When it comes to music, I honestly rank lakorn OST's on the same level as Kdrama OST's. That's my personal preference.
I'm going to be slightly harsh here, but the lead guy's face really put me off in the Full House remake. Just my very honest opinion though. It's not meant to be offensive or anything. To his fans, I'm sorry if this comment upset you. Lol.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I'm going to be slightly harsh here, but the lead guy's face really put me off in the Full House remake. Just my very honest opinion though. It's not meant to be offensive or anything. To his fans, I'm sorry if this comment upset you. Lol.
No worries, I was like that too lol. I do feel it takes time to get used to Mike's face, I grew to like him more after watching Raak Boon with Margie.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
In Princess Hours, i felt like it has too much of a korean vibe lol, i dont know how to explain it but I hope they still have a thai Vibe in this remake.

I agree on the pacing too, i feel like they drag too much thats its unnecessary but rush when it is necessary. I love Thai Ost as well, at one time that was all the music i was listening to.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
It's odd with Lakorns because essentially we get given 3 episodes each week (practically 90mins per ep), in comparison to a Korean drama which runs for 60mins (give or take). I was taking it into account when it comes to the remake because endings for each episodes were important and I wonder with this whether they'll keep it the same and drag it out the in-between or change it up.

I want an original OST for this one, what I like about lakorns is the different genres you get. Not all of it has to be a hardcore ballad, I love getting a mix of rock, pop, rnb & whatever else is under the sun lol.

anopinion

sarNie Egg
In Princess Hours, i felt like it has too much of a korean vibe lol, i dont know how to explain it but I hope they still have a thai Vibe in this remake.

I agree on the pacing too, i feel like they drag too much thats its unnecessary but rush when it is necessary. I love Thai Ost as well, at one time that was all the music i was listening to.
On the Thai Princess Hours:
  1. It has a shorter episode count and a shorter episode length than the Korean version, and still manages to be more draggy. Well done!
  2. The lead couple has virtually zero chemistry in the drama, but their chemistry is overflowing in the MVs. I feel like I got conned into watching, and now I really want my time back.
  3. The choice of the opening theme. I can accept that the songs are bad, but the opening theme was inexplicably bad. I think Thai OSTs can be very good, but I'm not a fan of most (disclaimer, my log has < 10 dramas). There are some that I really really like though.
  4. I have no words for the acting.
  5. Rather than a Korean vibe, I think they are just trying too hard which makes the whole thing feel cheesy.
Hopefully this remake will be tons better. *crossing fingers*