Workplace Concern

Hey Sarnies,
I dont know what more to do? I plan to email my manager a letter about the marketing director harrassing me since he left to Japan a week ago. My manager comes back next week and this is killing me. I have saved a few personal letters and emails on my computer and the marketing director invaded my privacy by looking through everything on my desk and printed out my personal things. I understand that anything on the computer is company property no matter what it may be but the market director is NOT my manager. My manager did leave him in charge for the week and half he is gone but that does not give him the right to harrass me, print my personal things. does he? I mean he can be stalking me, checking my things and etc.. When my boss left to Japan on Thursday, as soon as he walked out for the day, the market doode walked up to me and accused me of not performing my job. Since that day he been rude, harrassing and makeing me uncomfy I can not work.
I can admit I do surf the net during working hours and all... everyone does right... He looks over my shoulder everyday, walk passes my desk atleast 10 times every hour or so and its endless. I am to the point where i dont even want to touch my computer and perform any work duty if that director plans to harrass and accuse me nonstop. When I simply look at the computer he walks up and down past my desk like ima a CRIMINAL. I know my workplace does not pay him to spy on me and harass me. What do I do... I dont even want to work no more.

The marketing guy ONLY HARRASSES ME. NO one else. I am to work everyday and do perform my job too. I am a customer serivce and answer phone when it rings. THATS it...

noungning

Heartless
go talk to HR. your manager isn't there and this guy is supposed to be your temporary manager but you feel he is the one harassing you, causing a hostile environment so you feel uncomfortable to talk to him... go to HR department and tell them what's going on.

as for does he have the right to go thru your stuff being a temp manager? unfortunately he does if he has a reasonable doubt that you aren't performing your job and "just surfing the net". if you work for a private company, unlike public government jobs, they have the right to search your stuff at all times. i believe governmental jobs requires a warrant to search but i can be wrong because i have bad memo, all the things i've learned in HR management kinda went down the drain lol.

people are nosey, it's human nature, so whatever you have that is personal shouldn't be able to be accessed easily by the public. i have an office and because i know people are nosey, there's not one thing on my desk that is personal, not even a picture. you should be keep whatever you don't want others to want to know and see out of sight and out of reach. such as personal documents, keep them at home... etc.

goodluck.