What's Your Meaning of this Quote?

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure if this is consider a game, but my teacher would always write a quote (sometime riddles) on the white board at the beginning of class..... basically for us to write what we think the meaning is. I think it's a good way to learn what other people think and it is also a good way to learn from other's wisdom. 

So, the game goes like this. I put down a quote/riddle then someone type what they think the meaning is. Then they put down a quote/riddle for the next person and so on. (If you have problems understanding the instruction, then feel free to ask me again.... or someone who knows. I will try my best to clarify things to you because I know I'm bad at giving instructions. LOL)

You guys can make up your own quotes/riddles. If you choose to put down other people's quotes/riddles, please give them credit; which is what I usually does. Thank you ^_^

Here is the first one;

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand

Have fun! :D

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
Very Interesting topic! I think this is a great and fun Idea.. 

Back to the quote: I think it means that Someone who works hard is not motivated because of winning others but simply because of the achievement they receive at the end of the day. ( I know what I'm thinking but I cant really word it haha but this will  be the best I have for now.)

My Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge." - Thomas Carlyle

Falada

sarNie Adult
@Xiongurl26 Totally agree with you. I love quotes in riddles. Thanks, ImQueen!

you have to learn how to love first in order to learn

"Sorrow has its reward. It never leaves us where it found us." - Mary Baker Eddy

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
I think it means that a person is never too happy, even if it is happy it has to have a sorrow somewhere inside its heart ^_^

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” - Steve Jobs

It's quite long, but it's so true! LOL.