Lao Basils/Vegetables

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Okay, so I'm FOB and don't know what 'pak ee thoo' and 'pak kayang' is called in English. Can someone help me out, please? haha Thanks in advance.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
THANK YOU. I actually did think that pak ee thoo was lemon basil too, but my dumb friend told me it wasn't so I eliminated it from the list! haha Thanks again for the confirm!

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
Well, instead of starting a new thread, can I ask what are the Lao names for some of the vegetable, and vice versa?

Mint-
Shallots-
Cilantro-
dills-
Pak ee Lerd- (Betel?)
Pak Kadao-
pak lin mai-
Dok Khae-
Pak Bong-

anan

sarNie Adult
- Mint - > Phak hom lab
- Shallots-> Hom bua
- Cilantro(Coriander)-> Phak hom pom
- dills---> phak sy (i'm not sure)
- Pak ee Lerd -> Betel
- Pak Bong--> Morning glory :p ( i love it)

the rest i don't know their names in english ...

Well, instead of starting a new thread, can I ask what are the Lao names for some of the vegetable, and vice versa?

Mint-
Shallots-
Cilantro
dills
Pak ee Lerd- (Betel?)
Pak Kadao-
pak lin mai-
Dok Khae-
Pak Bong-

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
is pak bong really morning glory? I thought it was something like water spinach. maybe it has two names.
pak kadao-is probably Sadao flower.

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
Thank you Anan!!!

I had to look up Pak Boong too, and he is right. It is commonly call water morning glory. The scientific name is Ipomoea aquatica. Search it on the web.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid

Dok Khae-
Dok Khae = Sesban tree's flowers or Flower of the Sesban Tree.

Here is many different names of ...
Pak Bong = Ipomoea aquatica, known as water spinach, water morning-glory, water convolvulus , Ong-Choy, Kang-kung, or swamp cabbage