[JMOVIE] Attack on Titan Live Action

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I want to cry so bad... because I just currently finished the anime a while back, is currently reading the manga.. and as I logged onto my tumblr today... Miura Haruma posts were just a lovely sight to see.. Why you ask?  Because he is casted to play the main character Eren Yeager :D :D :D  Seriously, I am shocked but superbly excited at the same time.  He'll make a beautiful Eren.. and I know he'll do a good job because he's talented actor (in my eyes :p), plus he's done a great job on portraying other manga characters for live drama adaptations in the past.  Especially for Bloody Monday & Kimi Ni Todoke.  I'm super hyped to see him :D :D :D  & of course the movie!!!!!!  I had to go confirm it for myself just in case it happened to be an April's fool joke lol!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Ok according to the various sources... Miura is confirmed, but as for which role he's casted as is still unconfirmed..   EEEEEK, it just makes me even more curious!  I wouldn't mind if he is casted as Eren or Levi.. :D

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
OMG, really? I gotta check it out although I don't who Miura Haruma is, but he sounds cool because he's confirmed in this live version! 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I have a bias towards him.. but even if I didn't.. I'll still say he's a versatile actor.. Plus I find him adorable & cute :3

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Here's the film poster.  I.. I have mixed reactions about it.... eh.

cr:aramajapan

I'm not really fond of the titan.. I'm just curious how it'll look like on the actual screen.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Y'all can check out the cast here ----- http://aramajapan.com/news/attack-on-titan-live-actions-cast-and-visuals-revealed/13482/

I'm still a bit awwwed and sad that there won't be a "Levi" in this film... because Levi is like the coolest and strongest character... It's just not possible to have a film without him....... *sniffsniff*

Y'all can also check the the film's official site too... I think it looks cooler viewing the poster on there due to the little effects hehe :p

http://www.shingeki-seyo.com/

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
Seen it... If you ask me about it I'm not sure how I would answer. I guess I was a little bit disappointed. It was so different from the anime/ manga. As I've gotten to know Haruma through his other works, I gotta say that this isn't best one he's done.... I think. Could it be that the story was just so bad that it contaminated to Haruma's beautiful acting skill...? As for Kiko, I just love her so much! She was so pretty in here!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I was lucky to have a theater near me that actually showed the films and went to watch them :D :D :D

Obviously there was a lot of changes but you know... I actually didn't mind.  Sure there's no Levi, Annie (my favorite character), and so on but the new characters aren't bad.  The titans looked pretty good in the film, especially Eren's and the collosus titan.  I really liked the ost too, since it's by Sekai no Owari :3  I don't know if I liked the addition of the romance/love triangle-ish though.. but ehh.  The filmatography looked great too.

As for the actors/actresses, I actually liked the crew.  I'm a Miura Haruma fan but I have to say he did make a good Eren.  Some people complain that he's weak etc, but helloooo~~ Eren is a weak-sauce-ish character hahaha.  Kiko is pretty, she looked the part of Mikasa.  I thought she had a good air about her.  As for Kanata Hongo, I think he did well portraying Armine. :)  I absolutely love love love Ishihara Satomi!!!  She was really into her character of Hans!  I was hoping she had more scenes but hey... hopefully she'll get a lot screen time for the future drama version :D :D :D 

I'm a fan of the anime/manga but I have to say the film is worth watching.... just don't try to be too bias lol.  Nothing can be exactly 100% the same/similar in live action adaptations :p

sarN

sarNie Granny
I love the anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh, I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I haven't saw the movie though, I'm kind of scar because its real ppl ^^^

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ If you don't try to be biased towards the anime/manga then the film ain't that bad.  It has a different feel and plot but they did try to keep it similar somewhat.  The Titans' looks were pretty spot on and some characters too.