Hmong Flag

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
vilasaeng said:

This is the Hmong Flag.....

The Hmong of Northern Laos, and their Organization Chao Fah, struggle against the current Laotian government.

The flag hoisted is all red, with in each corner a yellow figure (like Siva, in the upper part with four arms and in the lower part with only two arms); in the upper centre is a yellow six-pointed star and in the lower centre is a yellow circle (the sun); in the centre of the fly are three arrows: the upper arrow is yellow; the central (double size of the others and pointed to two parts) is white; and the lower is blue
[post="37594"][/post]​

So we really have a flag of our own huh....cool! But why they choose four pictures kinda like Thai or India. This flag has many symbols. Anywayz, it's great that we have our own flag, does not matter the looks....Thanks for sharing.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
wow..... i never know there was a hmong flag...i am so $tupid....i thought hmong people dont have a flag.....well thanks for sharing the hmong flag vilasaeng....

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
I have been thinking and I guess some of you may hate me for this, but I am used to not having a country. I believe in that saying, it's not the land that makes a home but the people who does. So to me, as long as we can live in peace, I am not interested in having a country of our own. I just hope someday soon everyone can live together without killing each other and without being so racism. That will be the day.
i agree. we don't need to have a country. it's not the land---it's the people. the more we define ourselves, the more we separate ourselves. yes, i'm proud to be hmong, but let us not forget that that is only PART of who we are. don't define yourself so much that you exclude others. as for the flag, i have to be honest that it does look weird. but i guess i just don't understand it. it's someone's interpretation of hmong and i have my own. :D

forevertogether

sarNie Egg
well i never knew that we have a flag until last year 2007 or 2008 my dad bought the movie Canb Fab and they use this flag in the movie...that is when my dad tell us that the flag they use in the movie is the hmong flag that the caub fab created during the war and during that time who ever saw this flag will be afraid of it...i never get a chance to look closely at the flag, but thank to you that i can look at it...i pretty proud of myself for being hmong...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Then what flag is this????? :unsure: it's also claim to be the "Hmong Flag,"

White stands for purity, innocence and justice.
Red represents power, responsible and spirit.
Blue signifies prosperity, perseverance, and vigilance.

The 18 stars represent the honesty, the respect, the good, the royal and united of the Hmong people.

The spirit represent the guardian, friendship and the support to the world.