FINALLY going to thailand...

AzNpAnDa486

sarNie Juvenile
Places that celebs go often is the Siam area. If you take the skytrain and get off at Siam...there's an outdoor area that's called Siam (it's across the street from Siam Paragon and Siam Center) there are a lot of celebs that walk around there. You might run into my friend Yaya Ying, she has a dance school over there.

A thing to know is that a lot of Thai celebs also have restaurants/stores. In the Siam area...(not too far from Yaya Ying's school) is Ice Monster. It's a dessert place. Shaved ice, fresh fruit and some sort of sweet sauce. Pretty good. It's Num Gunchai's. If you are around there, just ask them where Ice Monster is. They will point it out to you.

Another place to go is also Central Chitlom. From the Siam skytrain, you get off the next stop called Chitlom. There are a lot of events that go on there as well. Also Central World has a lot of events. A lot of the weekly concerts will be outside of Central World.

There are a lot of places to spot celebrities, so it's really hard to say. But the Siam area, is the place that you will most likely run into a celebrity and see some of the latest fashion in Thailand.

There is also the GMM Building, that is located around the Sukhumvit area. I went there a few times to see a few friends, but if you would wanna see a singer...there is a Starbucks at the entrance of the building. If you just have a cup of coffee and chill and look out the window, you will see them for sure...because they have to pass the Starbucks to get into the building.

As for touristy areas, you should def. go visit Wat Pra Kaew. In that area, you will def. get some of the touristy things done. But beware...you will be hot...April is the summer time. I'm in Thailand right now, and I think I just sweated my boob off. It's really hot. I've never been so hot before.

You should also visit the National Musuem. I love going there. You get a good feel of the history of Thailand, and you get to know more about the Royal Family. I recommend this place to everyone.

Another place that is highly recomended is The Ancient City. If you are staying in Thailand for short time, this place is the place to go. They have all the historical and monumental statues and buildings of Thailand in one place. They aren't the actual sizes but they are miniature....not miniature like legos...but they are pretty big. The biggest one is about the size of a temple here in Thailand. So they're big, but smaller than the real ones...ok you get my point. But this is one place to go and take pictures. Great place to take tourists. http://www.ancientcity.com/

There's a lot more, and I wish I could take you around Thailand myself but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. You can MSN me or AIM me. I'll be happy to give more advice.

But the time you are coming....it is SUPER hot. Just a warning.

narukazn

sarNie Egg
the places to see celebs would be siam: center, paragon, discovery. but most importantly siam square. I studied there for 6 months and always saw celebs at siam square. Also center point at siam square always has random events where there are celebs and concerts. the new places would be the space between siam paragon and siam center and in front of center world. they have events there too. Its pretty cool how all of siam is connected and you can walk to central world on the skywalk. I suggest roughing it if you're going alone but maybe join a tour for like a day or two so you get all the important tourist stufff and you won't have to worry about how to get to those places.

hope you have fun! I was just there for 2 months and still wish i was back there. :p

note: would prob be hard to see P tik cause he doesnt really go out or he goes way out to the jungles hehe.

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
Places that celebs go often is the Siam area. If you take the skytrain and get off at Siam...there's an outdoor area that's called Siam (it's across the street from Siam Paragon and Siam Center) there are a lot of celebs that walk around there. You might run into my friend Yaya Ying, she has a dance school over there.

A thing to know is that a lot of Thai celebs also have restaurants/stores. In the Siam area...(not too far from Yaya Ying's school) is Ice Monster. It's a dessert place. Shaved ice, fresh fruit and some sort of sweet sauce. Pretty good. It's Num Gunchai's. If you are around there, just ask them where Ice Monster is. They will point it out to you.

Another place to go is also Central Chitlom. From the Siam skytrain, you get off the next stop called Chitlom. There are a lot of events that go on there as well. Also Central World has a lot of events. A lot of the weekly concerts will be outside of Central World.

There are a lot of places to spot celebrities, so it's really hard to say. But the Siam area, is the place that you will most likely run into a celebrity and see some of the latest fashion in Thailand.

There is also the GMM Building, that is located around the Sukhumvit area. I went there a few times to see a few friends, but if you would wanna see a singer...there is a Starbucks at the entrance of the building. If you just have a cup of coffee and chill and look out the window, you will see them for sure...because they have to pass the Starbucks to get into the building.

As for touristy areas, you should def. go visit Wat Pra Kaew. In that area, you will def. get some of the touristy things done. But beware...you will be hot...April is the summer time. I'm in Thailand right now, and I think I just sweated my boob off. It's really hot. I've never been so hot before.

You should also visit the National Musuem. I love going there. You get a good feel of the history of Thailand, and you get to know more about the Royal Family. I recommend this place to everyone.

Another place that is highly recomended is The Ancient City. If you are staying in Thailand for short time, this place is the place to go. They have all the historical and monumental statues and buildings of Thailand in one place. They aren't the actual sizes but they are miniature....not miniature like legos...but they are pretty big. The biggest one is about the size of a temple here in Thailand. So they're big, but smaller than the real ones...ok you get my point. But this is one place to go and take pictures. Great place to take tourists. http://www.ancientcity.com/

There's a lot more, and I wish I could take you around Thailand myself but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. You can MSN me or AIM me. I'll be happy to give more advice.

great...hope i sweat a good 30 lbs off my fat ass... :lol:
its kidna scary to go there alone not speaking thai and not knowign anyone!!!!! ahhhhh but we live only once!!

noungning

Heartless
Well when i was there in 2000 & 2004, I never got to meet any stars. Wished I had though. The closest to a famous person that we met was a Lookthung Singer when we went in 2004, her name is Angkana Khunchai. She knows my aunt who was also visiting Thailand from France. She took us shopping in Mukdahan, where she did a lot of bargaining for us.

We also went to Khao San Road in Bangkok, we didn't run into any stars, but there's a lot foreigners who go there to eat and shop. We went at night, and it was booming with a lot of people and it was fun.

There's this one mall that we went to but i can't remember the name, but it was like 4 levels to the mall.
the 1st level was the food section, like a grocery store, and other food that they sold, more thai food, and they had a cd section on this floor too, 2nd and 3rd floor were clothes and what not, and the 4th floor had entertainment stuff, like games and arcades, restuarants (mainly the types of restuarants that we have here in America (such as pizza hut, we ate there, and their sizes compared to ours is not the same), they also have a swimming pool area on the 4th floor.

Just thought you might want to go to these places even though you might not run into any stars.
Seems like u spent time in Esarn, yeah not much celebs... but I did see Patson :D in Roi Et

Khao Sarn Rd... omg yeah... very touristy and no actors for sure lol

gosh, there are so many malls, and they are about the same... so no idea where u went to.

i chose to stay in krung thep not out of choice but because I don't speak or read thai and Im there alone so i figure it would be safer to stay in a city where at least english is used..=)

i deff wanna hit the floating market, ayutthaya, ...too bad no time for phuket or chiang mai!!! maybe next time!!
if anyone you guys are gonna be in thialand around April let me know, we can meet up and stalk down some celebs!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
never be so careful and remember to bargain!!!

they LOVE when u don't speak thai. it may not be the safest, but it is safe if you know how to carry yourself.

floating market is about a couple hours outside bkk i think, but it only opens on fri sat sun, so make ur schedules good.

ayuttaya is also a couple hours outside of bkk on good days, on bad trafficky days... u can be sitting pretty for hours.

something i'd suggest is hire a taxi to bring u there... they have to charge a flat fee to bring u there... since u are going alone, and if u aren't doing a tour... if u're just gonna do it urself... maybe find a taxi and hire them to bring u to and from those destination, it won't cost that much if you consider the private catering.

additionally, i know ppl loves to jump on the tuk tuk, but it's cool to jump on it once... lol because IMO, they are a rip off. they charge more than a hop on a taxi with AC. so taxi rides are probably more ideal, and if u can't tell them in thai, have the hotel ppl who speaks/write english write down where u wanna go on a napkin or something and show it to them.

Good luck to you and have lot of fun !
I go to thailand so many time but never see stars...except one time at the Siam Center when a movie were shooting.
I think each time I am more focus on enjoying my stay than to look after stars :p
Normally I must return this summer but I choose to go to Canada with my brother
i agree... when u're in thailand itself, u don't care about the actors... lol it's about the entertainment, the food, the sightseeing and all the shopping!!!

OMG i love ice monster... i always get the big cup and share it with my companion lol... i love the mango one! :D :wub:

yes it's sooooo freaking hot, i was there last year may - july and it was pretty hot.... the year before, i was there from july - sept... and it was not as bad i have to say... but last year was hellish! :eek: B)

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
next year...ohhh...i thought u mean like this summer....great then i hope to see u during my thailand trip next year too..:)...this is soo great...

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
im happy for you!!!

im going this summer too.
so... i borrow some of the tips.

AzNpAnDa486, you know yaya ying?
cause my name is ying, and my cousin calls me yaya.
and our names are like the same, so i was like... she's cool too! :p

MsPiggleWiggle, have a blast!!!
when i go, i'll need your input and personal advices. :p
have fun girl!!!
im excited for you!!