A Xiong Man & A Lee Woman

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
you guys know what i heard???

I heard that the husband found out that the wife was having an affair and nws ua khawv koob rau nkawv.

But i didn't know it was at a hotel. From what i heard, it was in the husband's room one day when he went to work. Then somehow he came back and saw his wife having an affair his wife ask him to help them, but he say no and he say instead he'll call the ambulance or something. so that's how they went to the hospital.

slee00

sarNie Adult
My uncle said this kind of khawv koob can be done anytime and will go into affect when they have sex...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
THAT's some EVIL ASS "khawv koob" so did the lady or guy died? I heard somebody died, but not sure.. lol... :)

ibleeg

sarNie Egg
I don't know if the story about these two people is true, because it could have been on news and infact, I heard that the hospital allow public to see the two people. This is not right because hospital have to keep patient information confidential.

but anyway, I did heard from one of my Hmong teacher that long time in Laos when the war was still going on, a guy got marry to a very pretty wife and he was to go to war. Because his wife was so pretty, he was a fraid that she will cheat on him while he was away. He left and the first time he came back, she acted normal and was still the same, but the second time when he return, she acted differently, therefore, he worried so he put a spill (Khawv Koob) on his wife. Finally, the wife was cheating with another men and truely, they did get stuck. There was no way to get them apart. Back then, the old people know that it was spill (khawv Koob) so they call her husband to undo the spill. The husband did not undo the spill. The wife and the boyfriend stay stuck for a few week. The elder people went to general vang pao and to ask for the husband to undo the spill. General Vang Pao did talk to the guy and told him that if he did undo the spill, he will give any woman the husband like. I don't remember if the husband undo the spill (khawv Koob).

slee00

sarNie Adult
LET'S BURY THE RUMORS!
By Wameng Moua

Published Friday, September 29, 2006

Even today in the age of technology and lightning fast communication, rumors (even ridiculous ones) can keep the edge of truth. What’s even more amazing is how far and how believable rumors can spread in the Hmong community.

By now everybody knows what I’m talking about, but let me just bring it up one last time.

Over the last few weeks, a story went around that a husband had caught his wife in bed with another man. Supposedly, the husband had cast a Hmong voo-doo spell, fusing the two together while they were still *uhh, hum…* into each other.

The story then goes that the two were inseparable, even after being admitted into the emergency room at Regions Hospital in St. Paul. Well, apparently because the doctors were not able to separate them, the woman eventually dies.

OK, chuckle now if you hadn’t heard the story before, but our office—as well as the offices at Hmong-Minnesota Radio were bombarded with enquiries about the truthfulness of this story. And I’m not just talking about the old man with no education calling for verification. We got calls from schools, grocery stores and even a doctor’s office.

Had I just heard the rumor from my father, I would have just laughed him off, but because so many people called, some swearing the truthfulness of this story, I just had to investigate.

First I called Regions Hospital. It was embarrassing having to explain that story to the public affairs department over there, but from the way she laughed over the phone, I could tell she hadn’t heard of such a thing at her hospital.

Then, because many of those callers swore they also heard the story on Hmong radio, I called the station and found out from them personally that they had NEVER broadcast the story.

When the story eventually included people reading about that incident in Hmong Today, I knew for sure the story was simply an urban folktale.

Until I can get some names (which throughout the spreading of this story has yet to be revealed) and some contact information, I will have to just say: THIS STORY IS NOT VERIFIABLE and most likely, not true. There, please spread the word.

- Wameng Moua (Editor-in-Chief)

aplepy

sarNie Egg
I don't care if its true or not.... People shouldn't go and have affairs.... What's the point of marrying someone if they're gonna have an affair eventually.... How dumb is that.... -_-