Will cambodia be better in the future?

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
What do u think about the constructions that happen all over cambodia?
Will it help cambodia wake up from poor nation?
And will cambodia future become a powerful nation in asia again?

(1) International Finance Building - 1 x 53 floors and 6 x 32 floors
Ground Breaking Ceremony of IFC Phnom Penh on 18th June, 2008
52 storey - IFC Phnom Penh
This project will consist of one 52 storey office tower, six apartment towers, a convention center and an international school
Completion Date : March 2012

(2) Gold Tower 42
1-3F : Shopping Centers
4-9F : Office
10F : Sport Facilities and Library, Restaurants
11-42F : Condominium

(3) De Castle Royal Condominium - 33 floors
De Castle Royal Condominium development in Boeung Keng Kong area, Chamkamorn District, Phnom Penh City.
Advertisement Clip
http://www.decastle.net/popup/movie.html

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
(4) Vattanak Bank Headquarters - 33 floors

(5) River Palace 31 - 31 floors

(6) Project at Sangkat Chroy Changva Khan Roessei Kev - 3x25 floors
WEB: http://www.bkglobal.net/Partners/Partner02.asp
http://www.bkglobal.net/Operations/Operations02.asp
Location : Sangkat Chroy Changva Khan Roessei Kev, Phnom Penh (as per Map Sheet No. 0184)
Area: 49,062㎡
Units: Over 900 (apartments plus serviced residences / space of each unit: several types of 120m2 to 300㎡)
Total floor space: 266,463㎡ (195,041㎡ above the ground plus 71,422㎡ below the ground)
Buliding Type: 2 stories below and 25 stories above the gorund
Expected time to put up for sale: August, 2007
Expected time to complete: August, 2010
Project Period: 2007 through 2010

(7) Canadia Bank Headquarter (now rename to OCIC Tower) - 32 floors, construction reach halfway

(8) Sokha Phnom Penh Hotel - 16 floors
US$100 million five-star hotel is in the works for Phnom Penh with construction set for completion in 2011, to be situated across the Tonle Sap river.

(9) Oceana International Apartment - 15 floors

(10) The Sky - 14 floors

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
(11) Sofitel Phokeethra Resort and Spa - 13 floors
220 rooms resort
Started : March 2006
Finished : July 2008

(12) Studio BKK-I - 13 floors

(13) Cambodian Public Bank - 10 floors

(14) Camko City Phase 1 - 10 apartment buildings

(15) Sun Wah International Finance Centre (Phnom Penh Sun Wah IFC)
The project is involved in a development of 15,000 square meter with 3 luxury residential blocks, a first class office building, a five star hotel, a private club house and a large shopping mall.

yak

sarNie Adult
whoa is that cambodia.. my eyes are really open.. yes i believe that one day it will happpen.. i have hope for my people.. go srok khmer

solin

sarNie Adult
I hate this project !!!
First because with something like that Phnom Penh will lost a big part of his charm for becomeing another comon ugly big town of the south.
Then because do you really think that this project is for comon people : it will only profit to the foreigners or rich khmer people who are not always the best people on this earth.
Do you really think that the 80% of the population who live with uder than 100$/month will be able to afford something like a luxury appartment ?

Why people have to always think progress and development in this way ?
when we all know that for becoming better the first thing cambodia need is a change of their mentality and a change of government !

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
(16) Grand Phnom Penh International City
This project is developed by Ciputra Group - a well known developer in Indonesia

(17) Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone

(18) Plaza Cambodia
This project will include :
A Five Star Hotel connect with the Hotel Wing - 28 floors and 11 floors
Four Apartment Towers - 18 floors, 16 floors, 14 floors and 12 floors
Entertainment Center - 8 floors
Another Hotel : 12 floors

(19) Diamond Island
The Island is locate opposite to the Hun Sen Park (within the central area of Phnom Penh)
The observation tower in the image is 222m height

(20) Chrouy Changva Development Project
When finished, the 14 hectare Chrouy Changva Project will be the riverfront entertainment center with a Royal Palace view. Plans include 480 rooms international convention & spa hotel, high-end condominiums, service apartment, exclusive villas, entertainment centers, retail shop centers, restaurants and residence club house. It will also include villa land and condominium blocks.

This project will be established in the early of 2008. Our development projects are showed below:
1. International Standard Hotel (500 rooms, 10 Floors = 30 meters, Meeting hall can contained 1000 people)
2. Building Condo (2 Buildings, 144 Units, 10 Floors = 30 meters)
3. Building Apartment (1 Block, 66 Units, 10 Floors = 30 meters)
4. Building Villa (53 Luxury Villas)

5. Building Shopping Centre
6. Building Restaurant

(21) Service Apartment at Monivong Boulevard
An eight storey, 27 serviced-apartment building, facing a garden and pool. Parking is underground.
Completion expected late 2008.

[/QUOTE]

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
I hate this project !!!
First because with something like that Phnom Penh will lost a big part of his charm for becomeing another comon ugly big town of the south.
Then because do you really think that this project is for comon people : it will only profit to the foreigners or rich khmer people who are not always the best people on this earth.
Do you really think that the 80% of the population who live with uder than 100$/month will be able to afford something like a luxury appartment ?

when we all know that for becoming better the first thing cambodia need is a change of their mentality and a change of government !
One thing all the projects r not all apartments or condos. some r business offices, schools and hotels. such as: IFC 52, Gold tower 42(1-3F : Shopping Centers, 4-9F : Office, 10F : Sport Facilities and Library, Restaurants), OCIC tower(bank) n more. This is can help our khmer ppl get high salary so they can afford all those apartments.

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
I am so-so with the project. There are good and bad about it.
The project can offer job for the citizen but at the same time the country value is damage. Such as the poor will not be able to get around these type of high/business class environment. Many Kmai are not use to urban life. Definitely foreigners attention things. Maybe the foreigners will run the country more than the Kmai people. I don't know, but I believe that many Kmai are still recovering with life and just surviving on find daily food and shelter more than luxury.
Question concerning:
Are Kmai prepare to handle foreigners coming into the country or actually foreigners already settle in Srok Kmai?
Is it worth to let Srok Kmai be the center of Asia trade when the government is corrupted?

Mister Bubbub

sarNie Egg
I have no comment on the economic aspect because there's too many things involve.

Onto a lighter note, I call dibbs on one of the apartment and I want a tower and a office too, please. :)

solin

sarNie Adult
One thing all the projects r not all apartments or condos. some r business offices, schools and hotels. such as: IFC 52, Gold tower 42(1-3F : Shopping Centers, 4-9F : Office, 10F : Sport Facilities and Library, Restaurants), OCIC tower(bank) n more. This is can help our khmer ppl get high salary so they can afford all those apartments.
I know all of this but do you really thing it will create as much work ? I don't think so.
OK...they will shoping center but who will afford to buy in these shopping centers ? except rich or foreigners ?
idem for sport facilicies and restaurant who will mostly be luxury too.
School : I think there is already too many schools in cambodia but not everyone can afford them !
the only good think will be offices and banks but it could only be a good think if foreigners invest and decide to settle there : and with this corrupted government is not the best publicy to attract something else than manufacturings.

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
I know all of this but do you really thing it will create as much work ? I don't think so.
OK...they will shoping center but who will afford to buy in these shopping centers ? except rich or foreigners ?
idem for sport facilicies and restaurant who will mostly be luxury too.
School : I think there is already too many schools in cambodia but not everyone can afford them !
the only good think will be offices and banks but it could only be a good think if foreigners invest and decide to settle there : and with this corrupted government is not the best publicy to attract something else than manufacturings.
And i know it too it not gonna create much job as u expect , but it just a beginning . after we done with war hav our country get any better? not really. If we dont start wit the foreigner invests how we get the money or attention from big business around the world? i know most khmer ppl believe that the projects built 4 foreigner, but wait the projects is not gonna finish today most of them will finish in the next two or three years during that time our ppl cloud make more money that today. u can wait and c and will b another big hit 4 cambodia again in 2010, today the world economic is slow.
Corruption govt today is only 30% compare to 2000 around 80%.

solin

sarNie Adult
And i know it too it not gonna create much job as u expect , but it just a beginning . after we done with war hav our country get any better? not really. If we dont start wit the foreigner invests how we get the money or attention from big business around the world? i know most khmer ppl believe that the projects built 4 foreigner, but wait the projects is not gonna finish today most of them will finish in the next two or three years during that time our ppl cloud make more money that today. u can wait and c and will b another big hit 4 cambodia again in 2010, today the world economic is slow.
Corruption govt today is only 30% compare to 2000 around 80%.
Well I agree to say now that the project has started the only thing we can do is to wait and see !
a miracle is always possible :lol:
and even If I don't believe in this project It seems that khmer people believe in them
let see them all fall : It is not the first time after all :lol:

stasteek

sarNie Egg
I must say that I love it! I'm so estatic that srok khmer will improve. I'm all about improving srok khmer, whether it is donations or what not, I'm young and this will be a nice future ahead. Who knows, I might just move and retire in srok khmer (where my ancestors are from).....I can't wait and anticipate it very much. However, i hope that this will also bring the khmer people work and money. I want our country just to be as succesful as other countries.

Wow! this is amazing! FINALLY! (now, just need to change the government....)

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
I hate this project !!!

i agree with most of what you said but i still think that this is some what of a good idea if it provides jobs for people in cambodia at correct wage hopefully they won't get paid like 50 cent an hour or some bullshit like that .
but who is to say what will happen like 3 years from now because we can't predict the future so all we can do is wait

annaxox

sarNie Egg
OK, I'm lost
has this project start or there thinking about it?
I'm agree but i don't fully agree if you know what i mean
like i would love to see this (it's like Singapore in a way) right now if many one go cambo they would seeing poor people dipping through rubbish trying to found food. but is the government doing this or is he selling the land and letting international do it, if so Cambodia is go down. i mean we really haven't make good friend with our neighbor. do you get where I'm coming from?

solin

sarNie Adult
From what I have heard the project has already begun and the first realisations (fundations) already appear.
It's South Korea who is at the origin of this project and will finance it (South Korea’s Shinhan Bank).
I read that the project have been proposed to others countries before but only Cambodia accepted it.