[SBS] Shining Inheritance

Merit

sarNie Adult
I started watching this....I was in tears around Epi. 3 and 4. I get easily emotional watching touching dramas. I really don't like Hwan...from the few epis I saw of him...I really can't stand him. If his scenes doesn't include Eun Sung I fast forward. At the moment he is just a spoiled brat and very arrogant. But when he's with Eun Sung he's not too bad. Eun Sung's step-mother is evil of all evil.

I enjoyed so far of the episodes I've seen. It is really addicting.

cecilia

Staff member
^it is addicting. i'm the same too when i first watch Hwan's part. VERY ARROGANT -- i only enjoy it when he's with ES b/c she can back him off Lol ..
later on, you'll like him -- i especially love the cave scene of him putting his hand up to hold them droplets of water so it won't land on ES while his 'suppose' (ES's sister) look on with envy and sadness

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I am watching your mv of this drama from SAimanee youtube:) I haven't watched a korean drama since FULL HOUSE since I am not a huge fan of korean drama, they tend to drag for me and is always too serious always about disease :( But I will try this out after watching tonsss of mv, lol! :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
555+ I was watching it the other day too.
But I'm on like the 8th episode right now.
Gosh I just love the grandma!
I love the grandma. I love how she treats her family!

^the grandma is just, she judge ppl base on their works -- and i like her role too.
i also like Hwan mom, she's hilarious -- her only problem is that she trust ppl too much!
I like Hwanie's sister. She is stupid and hilarious. She tries so hard to be like ES. :lol:

^it is addicting. i'm the same too when i first watch Hwan's part. VERY ARROGANT -- i only enjoy it when he's with ES b/c she can back him off Lol ..
later on, you'll like him -- i especially love the cave scene of him putting his hand up to hold them droplets of water so it won't land on ES while his 'suppose' (ES's sister) look on with envy and sadness
I love that part too. I thought that was like the sweetest scene ever. I laughed at first but it was such a happy moment for me esp the look on SM's face. Hwanie didn't even give his coat to SM... that was the part that I was LOLing so hard that I almost died. I thought that was a very unique and new scene I have ever seen :lol:

I am watching your mv of this drama from SAimanee youtube:) I haven't watched a korean drama since FULL HOUSE since I am not a huge fan of korean drama, they tend to drag for me and is always too serious always about disease :( But I will try this out after watching tonsss of mv, lol! :p
You'll love it. Just like everyone has said, it starts off kind of slow but it is worth it. I am absolutely in love. Can you tell lol?

cecilia

Staff member
^funfun, are you counting down? i so can't wait for this weekend, only 1 day to go until everything is reveal ..
sad that it's ending soon but happy too b/c i don't want to see ES suffer anymore :(

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I think I'll wait for this to end :p Lol. I wanna get it on DVD. I watched all the mv from Sunstar already! Gosh. It's soooo good and addicting to watch them! Hahaa. I think the other guy is cuter than the main lead guy but then after watching alot of the mv from this drama, I think he is cute after all. He grew on me already, Lol! :p He is pretty cute, it just wasn't love at first sight for me w/ him! Lol. :p But the girl and him are waayy too adorable together<3.

fun

Expired Sarnie
^funfun, are you counting down? i so can't wait for this weekend, only 1 day to go until everything is reveal ..
sad that it's ending soon but happy too b/c i don't want to see ES suffer anymore :(
Of course. I am so excited for tomorrow. I don't know what is going to happen. I almost had a heart attack when ES finally knows that her father is alive.

Amy, it will end this coming weekend. I want a copy too but I am like super picky about the subtitle, so I think I will download the fansub version @ d-addicts.

cecilia

Staff member
^i download the fansub one and hardsub it into dvd for me .. reason being is that .. OFFICIAL KDRAMA release cost around $70-$150 so if i wait for DVD, i have to go with the cheap chinese version that the local flea market has, which contain mistakes or improper translation -- it's funny at time when they confuse he/she together LOl

Fun, I just hope they end up happily together .. i don't want a sad ending and i pray for no sad ending too .. i feel bad for JUNSE every time b/c he's a good man, he deserve someone who love him TRULY. Like ES, i would feel such big burden too if i refuse his love :(

Amy, here's two of my favorite fanmade mv : the scenes convey well with the songs ^^
i especially like the effect on the transition of the vdo
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZOstlZOujg
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjW9sr2_ZyU

FOR LSG new fan: i love his version of 'Wonhago Wonmanghajyo' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpjXxwg57fk

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ceci, even with the director edition with the official subtitle, it isn't that great compare to fansub. I bought My Girl official set; cost me $120 at the time, picture quality- awesome, subtitle- great about one error per episode at the most but I still liked the fansub version. I guess it is the way they word their lines/translation. I sold it to my cousin for $70 and downloaded the fansub version and revised it. I get irritated when the "I's" are not capital lol. I don't know but it is like my biggest pet peeves :lol:

JS is annoying lol... I wanted to beat him up when he hurted my Hwanie's feelings lol... and if they want the pra ek to stay away from nang ek, I believe it is them who should stay away from them as well lol... only to be fair to pra ek lol :lol:

cecilia

Staff member
Ceci, even with the director edition with the official subtitle, it isn't that great compare to fansub. I bought My Girl official set; cost me $120 at the time, picture quality- awesome, subtitle- great about one error per episode at the most but I still liked the fansub version. I guess it is the way they word their lines/translation. I sold it to my cousin for $70 and downloaded the fansub version and revised it. I get irritated when the "I's" are not capital lol. I don't know but it is like my biggest pet peeves :lol:

JS is annoying lol... I wanted to beat him up when he hurted my Hwanie's feelings lol... and if they want the pra ek to stay away from nang ek, I believe it is them who should stay away from them as well lol... only to be fair to pra ek lol :lol:
really, i bought all RAIN'S official DVD set and i didn't find much mistakes either -- there's no difference between the DIRECTOR CUT and TV VERSION .. but i bought it b/c i LOVE RAIN .. so i'm willing to pay for the prices LOl ..

Thank god, i don't have much pet peeve LOl. For me,just as long as i don't' have to pay for those works, then i'm cool with error subtitle b/c it help me understand the concept in better view ^^

Amy, watching them fanmade inspiring me so much to make one for H&ES too LOl .. maybe when i'm bore, i'll do one ..

i heart SUNSTAR mv too b/c she pick the MOST romantic scenes in there ..

fun

Expired Sarnie
OMG talking about subtitle, I bought Jewel in the Palace for 40 bucks. I was told the subtitle was understandable and good. Yeah I agree the first part was fantastic but then the subtitle went crazy to the point that I didn't understand it any more. I don't even think it was English at all lol. Every time they say yes, the sub would be "Is" literally. And the names was just completely hilarious. It took me awhile to catch up. Dae Guem was called something along the line, "snail fighter" lmao!!! Seriously. I was cracking up and pissed off at the same time.

And there was this one time my aunt bought My Lovely Sam Soon, the guy said English subtitle was good with few mistakes and it was understandable. He confirmed it himself. Apparently the dude did not know English lmao. Subtitle was just completely funny. It did make some sense but translation was off most of the time.

cecilia

Staff member
muaha. the one i found TONS of mistakes is LOVING YOU -- but for the taiwanese and chinese dramas, there's no mistake, i guess, whoever the translator was, they definitely need to go back and learn korean too Lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
I watched today half with subs and half without. Ya! Hwanie found Eun Woo :yahoo: I feel so bad for SM but she deserved it and by the way, she is a fantastic actress esp her crying scenes. Like ES stated, SM should have told the truth from the beginning. That what she gets for all the lies. She isn't a bad person but the things she did definitely made her not such a good person lol... I feel her mother's pain but it doesn't mean you go and destroy someone's else life. She wanted what's best for SM but lying is not a way to show that you want best for her. OMG I am so excited for tomorrow!

cecilia

Staff member
i love that look on ES stepmom's face when she saw ES and her dad coming down the stairs.
as for SM, she created her own problem b/c of her insecurity with HWAN -- if she have try her best like JUNSE oppa, i wouldn't blame and feel bad for her in the end.
She's wants to keep Hwan to herself, even go to this extreme with the lies, for me, she definitely deserve whatever come her way.

Merit

sarNie Adult
Oh, talking about buying K-drama and expense. The first one I bought was Princess Hours. And yes, it caused a bit. But I thought the translation was good. The quality was extremely wonderful...Even if it was expensive you pretty much pay for what you get. At the time I was obssessed with Princess Hours I would have bought it if it was in the high 100s. LOL

Really, ES stepmom is such a witch. I know I am messing the story up. But I can't stand to watch her that I FF her scenes even if she does ties the story together. Mainly, it is her fault. Her daughter is not that bad in the beginning...since I haven't seen all epis. But it's the mother that keeps on planting stuff in her head...not to add that she is insecure about her relationship with Hwan. Still love the grandma. She is such a true person. No matter what, she only wants what is best for those ungrateful kids. LOL.

This drama does so good that it is one of the highest rating. I haven't faithfully watch a K-drama since Full House and Princess Hours but this one is a good one and I'm determined to finish it...even if I know some parts might get a little draggy. I can't wait to watch the ending.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am not too satisfied with the ending lol but it was indeed cute. I loved how ES whispered into Hwan's ear that she loves him. And BAM his facial expression was priceless lol I watched that scene a few times lol and then he asked her to say it again but it was so unxpected, she grabbed his face and kissed him OMO that was fantastic!!! :D

And this is the reason why I love Korean drama, it didn't have the usual killing spree in Thai lakorns. LOL but I was hoping for a Thai lakorn ending lmao... where SM's mother go insane :loool: Oh talking about SM, I don't know why but I was hella crying, it was like a waterfall in the last episode. Well at least her mother will live in guilt for destroying her precious daughter's life. You know I was kind of upset too, the father did wrong too by faking his death. Eun Woo deserves an award. He was so good at being austic.

I love EW and Hwan when they were together lmao... Hwan is so funny. He told EW to call him when a guy approaches ES or when she smiles at a guy lmao!!! That was too cute when they called each other brother-in-law hahahaha. I really like that scenes.

Happy happy ending but I just wished they expanded Hwan and ES relationship/romance. I felt that Hwan's feelings were so much stronger than ES.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I can't wait for the special. It will be airing this coming Monday I believe? :yahoo:

SunStar

sarNie Elites
doesn't life feel a bit empty now without Brilliant Legacy to look forward to every weekend? i'm still suffering from BL withdrawal.... i'm still re-watching the drama over and over.... especially of HwanSung moments....

and i'm super happy people enjoyed my MVs....glad it got them addicted to this drama....lol