Is there way to change wmv format to other format?

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
i want to ask is there a way to change files that is RIP in WMV format and change it to using codecs like DIVX or Xvid (avi format)? because i download a show which was rip in wmv format and try to burn it onto a disc but it won't let me. so i want to change the wmv format to avi format. how do i change the show that i download which was in wmv format into avi format using codecs like divx or xvid without ripping the show all over again.how do i do that is there a way?
Thanks.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Wrong section. LOLs - Honestly, I don't really care though.

Anyhow, of course you can. You just need a converting program. There are
some in the other subforum of the Office section. I recommend the
Advanced X Video Converter, it's great. Very simple too. Hope you
find your solution. <33

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks ChenrukNote and Addiction for the help. ChenrukNote in the output format which program do i choose?

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Since you want to change the format to avi then choose the audio video interleave one which is avi format. I hope that helps. after it is done converting, depending on how big the file is, it might take awhile, all you have to do is download the file and it should work. Also did you note that media-convert.com only converts files up to 150 mb? if the file is any larger than that, I am afraid media-convert will not do it for you. That's the only downside to media-convert.com

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
i finish coverting my file already but i still can't burn it on a disc. i want to ask did i convert it right? for the output format i chose WINDOWS DivX and Audio Video interleave(avi) and i click on that said i accept the terms and click convert. under that said options do i click on anything? after it done converting it said the file size is 127610kb. what should i do?

anan

sarNie Adult
i finish coverting my file already but i still can't burn it on a disc. i want to ask did i convert it right? for the output format i chose WINDOWS DivX and Audio Video interleave(avi) and i click on that said i accept the terms and click convert. under that said options do i click on anything? after it done converting it said the file size is 127610kb. what should i do?
How come you can't burn 124.61Mb ?? most of CDs blank got 700 Mb ^_^

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
i don't know. i try to burn it many times but i can't burn it on a disc. yeah the cd i have is 700mb. is it because it was the file was corrupted and ripped wrong, so i can't burn it?

che3ri0s

sarNie Egg
I recommend using Win-AVI Video Converter, there's a trial version...but i'm pretty sure you can get the Keg from a torrent site. Anyways, I use it to convert .wmv to .vob so my parents could watch it on tv...or .avi (divx) for philip dvd players. But yea, it works for me. If it doesn't work for you, that means that your file is corrupt as in...the video gets stuck when it's playing. Hope this helps.

anan

sarNie Adult
i don't know. i try to burn it many times but i can't burn it on a disc. yeah the cd i have is 700mb. is it because it was the file was corrupted and ripped wrong, so i can't burn it?
Did u try to open and play your converted file ?? if it plays normally without problem, then ur converted video is not corrupted... ^_^

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
yeah it plays normally. but i don't understand why i can't burn it into a disc. so weird. i can burn other wmv files but this one i can't. i'm so frustrated! when i try to burn it, it would say "unable to prepare date for recording,transcoding of videos failed (internal error 1004)".