Hmongs New law

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Chor_Moua said:
ceda_lee,
i totally get what you're saying, it's somethings hard to see other accomplish so much, when some are still struggling, but for me, i use it an a motive for me to work even harder.
if they could it, i could too.
[post="81322"][/post]​
Well...it's good that you understand...

Since I've been away from home, I've learn so much...majority of my friends from high school are married with kids...nowadays, when you see them, they won't even talk to you...they tell me they wished they could have taken the same path as me...I wanted them to, but I guess everyone is different...

L

lalalek

Whoa there is a Hmong Law in this World? I never knew that, that is sad plus alittla funny in a way......well to answer the question, us girls shouldn't be worth that much if we are hmong girl......that is so freaken stupid and yes super cheap!!!!! I can understand for some people that is super poor and that is all they can afford but at the same time if they want the damn girl, price shouldn't of been a problem to anyone!!!!!!!! aww this is getting me fired up even if i am not getting married in the Hmong Traditional way but still rules like that shouldn't even be set at all with out anyone or even everyone's agreement.......:angry:

Is anyone stepping up to say anything? Sorry if anyone has to repeat but i rarely come on to the Hmong section but this story really caught my eye's!!!!!

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
This law is not even legit!!! Screw those people who think they can just govern without having a formal election...they think they can just step up and do whatever...

kazee

Isn't this all a piece of junk or what?? we just had a meeting about this and after reading the new laws.. all hmong women are suppose to do the cooking, cleaning, watching the kids.. etc.. like all women's duties are.. that's a bunch of bull... and the dowry price.. that's bull.. i agree with some.. why put a price on your daughter.. ? it's like the parents are selling a piece of property.. i think it's morally wrong.. but like people tell me.. the Hmong culture is at it's point of women's rights.. like how the Americans were back in the 60's and 70's.. so yeah.. i don't think the males could accept the fact that we're in modern day america and our culture still applies.. but when it comes to all this crap.. it doesn't anymore.. but i guess general vang pao was okay with it.. so we'll have to live with all this crap.. like how we're suppose to.. which is bull.. i still think..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
kazee said:
Isn't this all a piece of junk or what?? we just had a meeting about this and after reading the new laws.. all hmong women are suppose to do the cooking, cleaning, watching the kids.. etc.. like all women's duties are.. that's a bunch of bull... and the dowry price.. that's bull.. i agree with some.. why put a price on your daughter.. ? it's like the parents are selling a piece of property.. i think it's morally wrong.. but like people tell me.. the Hmong culture is at it's point of women's rights.. like how the Americans were back in the 60's and 70's.. so yeah.. i don't think the males could accept the fact that we're in modern day america and our culture still applies.. but when it comes to all this crap.. it doesn't anymore.. but i guess general vang pao was okay with it.. so we'll have to live with all this crap.. like how we're suppose to.. which is bull.. i still think..
[post="84073"][/post]​
Is that what that law says?? OMFG!!! No one is making me cook and clean if I don't want to!!!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
ehhehe.... well.... cook and clean... its a whole part of life.. you can't reallie say you're not going to do it... ehhehe

but its the fact that this "law" is saying that a girl's parents can only make the dowry of the wedding $5800...

$5000 for the girl herself
$800 for the cost of food

let's get back on topic...

so... this means... -- > no bragging about how much you are worth
-- > bringing up your own family issues

just post your opinion on this...

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
I don't think anyone floow this law. I think this law is ok because if u really love the person u marry then notthing is wrong with the money.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
its not a law... okay.. get that off your mind.... its not a law...

its just some stupid thing that hmong people think we should follow... but there has been 3 weddings that i've seen since i heard of this...

and guess what? none of them... not one... followed this stupid thingie...

i don't think anyone will... they shouldn't have to because everyone raises their children different...

see.. like gangster weddings... the dowry is less than those of who are sort of to say... good kids....

allitis16

sarNie Hatchling
WOW....... Everyone's got it fired up in here. hahahahhahaha.......... this issue is pretty serious for us girls in the hmong communities. I also heard from some OG that if we up the price then we have to pay taxes for charging it too. But I could be wrong....

I disagree with those who wants to put a price on our girls' head. I really wanna know who begin all these crap about it being a law. It doesn't seem fair now because I will always know that my friends who got married before me are worth more than I am in the future.

Shouldn't there be some form of inflation with the dowry since everything else is? kekekkekekekekekek................ it's just a thought.. heheheh........

I know one of my friend's dowry was $13,300 :shocked: and that includes the ceremonies too. She was a normal, okay girl who ran off with the guy but still in high school. :loool: I don't know what made her worth so much for her parents. Maybe they just wanted to sell her off, don't know. aughhh...... that makes me angry. She even got married a couple of months before the shit law came around the communities. Dime that part of it.

anjos

I think this is a ok law because when I'm married and my parentes ask for 5000 or so!!!! I think that some parents should not ask for so much because if the groom dont have money they will have to go and loan someone ealse money and the daughter and the son-in-law have to work hard and pay them back!!!! :wavecry: So my point is that yet the parents got a lot of money but your daughter would have to work hard!!!! and when everything is about money that is when life got bab!!!! :( I think $58000 is a good price for a daughter!!!! : :D because it not to low or not too high!!!! :wub: I personly know this because when my husban sister got married my parents-in-law want lots of money and her husband dont have any!!! so they got and loan money from their cousion and now she have to work hard just to pay it back!!!!
:wavecry: I think if you love your daughter than you should ask for a ok princes and than give $1000 or $2000 for you daughter to star her life so she dont have a hard life!!!!!

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
I am not sure this thing was legally process through. I believe it is just word of mouth because there were no legal document that I have seen of this law. There was a time, I totally disagree with the Hmong marriage tradition but now my view are little different. American have there ups and downs as well as Hmong. I forgot what this is call in English, when Americans get marry they have sign this agree or something. I believe our parents love us very much, so I don't think they are selling us for money. About the amount it depends if the daughter level of education, ability to work, and so. If you are a master gradate making about $100,000 a year, I don't think you want to be only $5,800. It depends.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
someone said:

I think $58000 is a good price for a daughter!!!!because it not to low or not too high!!!!

yes. if you said that it was $58000 then of course. that is a good price. but if you meant to say $5800 then its crap.

a girl is priceless. a boy is priceless. human beings are ALL priceless.

pajlis

sarNie Egg
I think this just bull shit!!! I was marrried 2000 and I was worth 6600. But I think it had gone up. Why? my sister in law had just got married 1 1/2 year ago and she was worst 7500. I think you can ask for any price you want. Come on hmong doesn't have any rules....... We don't have a president who gives us advice of what to do or we will be in jail or anything.

Beside the money is not for your parents..... This money is like a contract......... I don’t know how to explain this...but if you ask your parents they can tell you.......... so it's like this. When you get married, the parents ask for a price for the daughter. The money isn't theirs YET. So in the future if things don’t work out between you two and you guys end up divorced, they will ask why. If it's your fault that you don't want to continue the marriage your parents will have to return the money back. If he marry another woman and tell you to leave he will have to send you back with 2500 dollars and than your parents can keep the money that was ask for when you got married.

But some times the parents won’t return the money back. But guess what in the future if you relative married some of their cousins or relative they won’t refund it back as well if anything happens to their marriage. Also they will base the price on the price that your parent asks for too.

s395299

sarNie Egg
yeah it's a dumb law because every girl has a different price range...like some of you girls said...the bad lazy slutty girls are not even worth 5G and some girls are worth more than 5G because they probably have a degree and everything...

I used to be ignorant and ask my mom why do guys have to pay to marry a girl...it's like you guys are selling us...i was mad but i didn't understand the true meaning of it...

i say it's up to the guy and how much he loves her and respects her...no matter the price he'll pay...that's a way to show respect for the parents and the wife.

off topic...something that i don't get is why the nontraditional hmong (Christian/C
hotholic Hmong) demand money for their daughters when they don't believe in our traditions our cultures? (Shamanism)
I'm just a little upset because many of the nontraditional hmong i know dis our culture a lot but when it comes to money they all of a sudden are Hmong again?

Anyone have an answer or feel what I feel? Feel free to give your opinion...

(No offense to any nontraditional hmong's out there)