[Ch3] Tang Duen Hang Ruk (Citizen Ken)

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
its annoying some of the scene but this lakorn is doing ok, Khun Noi production has improve a little the casting has helped it 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I was never a fan of girls who make their voices sound all cutesy and stuff. It grates on my ears, so naturally, I haven't quite warmed up to the youngest girl yet.

I don't mind Rita's makeup because she usually wears it when she's at work, and although it may be harsh, I think that's the effect she's going for since she wants to appear no-nonsense and professional. If her makeup was lighter at work, she would appear too feminine, and that doesn't jibe with Rita's character at all.

As far as couples go, I like all the actors and actresses, but I can't seem to dredge up any interest in any of their relationships. I thought Rita's love line might have been the most interesting until I found out she and Alek have been working together for five years since Rita's disastrous comment about not liking Alek in that way and things have stayed the same since then. If nothing has changed in five years, nothing ever will. And then I found out Alek has had a girlfriend for five years, which explains why nothing ever progressed between Alek and Rita, but that also made him more of a jerk. If he's not as invested in his relationship with his girlfriend, then he should let her go because he's wasting her youth. But if he's serious about making it work with his girlfriend, then let Rita go because she needs to move on. Alek and Rita really need to let each other go because I don't see how it's going to work. I hope Rita gets another love interest soon if only to spur Alek in making a decision one way or another - and I don't mean the whole marry-his-girlfriend plot because he has already dated her for five years so whether he marries her or not won't make much difference since it's just an extension of their situation right now. The only difference is that it's going to be more permanent (and I suppose all hope will be dead).

I'm only casually watching this lakorn right now because I can't seem to fully get into it. I feel like I'm watching a sequel or season 2 where everyone's lives and relationships have already been established and I'm tuning in to see how it finishes off or continues from where it last left off except that I never watched the first part. It would be nice to know how the ladies met and became friends because they're from different generations (except maybe Vicky and Rita) and have different jobs (except Rita and Mew). It would also be nice to know how the ladies met their spouses or love interests (well we saw how Rita and Alek met, as well as Pop and the youngest member of the group). I don't have a problem watching dramas or lakorns where things don't start off right at the beginning, and just because characters are already married doesn't mean their lives are complete and basically over, but at the same time, I don't like feeling like I've stepped right into the middle of things and have to feel sympathy for characters I don't know much about. Perhaps they'll delve into the ladies' past a little more later on, but at the moment, I feel like I tuned into a lakorn that's about to end, like I missed the first 3/4 of the lakorn and now I'm watching the last 1/4.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I like Vicky and rita...but plot is stupid to me. I want to choke the younger girl haha...hate her voice and character overall. I agree what you said about Alex. Sadly that is true in real life. If your confused/unsure be alone w/your damn self. I listen to the summary that Mew character will change to try to keep her husband -.- I was annoyed at rita a good friend delete those incriminating photo. "Hurt me w/the truth, don't comfort me w/a lie"

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Considering how strong a woman Mew seems to be, I'm surprised at how willing she is to forgive her husband every time he cheats on her or strays a little. I know they have two children together, and despite it all, she still loves him, but I really wouldn't have pegged her as someone who would tolerate it, you know? I'm sure something will happen to upset the status quo (hopefully), but seriously, why is her husband always flirting with other girls? I can't imagine him changing.

I could sort of understand why Rita deleted the photo, but I don't agree with it. I know she doesn't want to upset Mew, but it isn't nice to let her think her husband's faithful. However, at the same time, I guess Rita figured it wouldn't make that big of a difference since Mew puts up with it. It might be different if Rita sent her the photo and it actually spurred Mew into divorcing her husband or something else, so I assume she probably figured might as well let this time end in peace. (I'm only assuming because I don't understand why.)

By the way, is his name Alek or Alex? I want to say Alex but I also see Alek, and I'm too lazy to look up how his name is spelled lol. I so wish that after Rita said "rejected" him 5 years ago that she and Alek had gone their separate ways. I think it would have helped them to grow as people while apart. However, I am not okay with him getting with his current girlfriend immediately after Rita's rejection. It was like he had always had her as back up, and that doesn't sit well with me because that means he's not fully into either girl. Maybe he wants his girlfriend's softness and friendliness with Rita's confidence and strength, so perhaps he should find someone who embodies all those qualities.

And I can't believe his girlfriend doesn't have a clue about his feelings. It's so evident in the way Alek always looks at Rita - and in the way she looks at him. - At least so far they haven't shown that she knows or suspects (haven't watched part of 3 or 4 yet), but perhaps later they'll reveal that she does suspect something but pretends she doesn't since the lakorn likes to reveal information one fact at a time. It's probably the most interesting thing about the lakorn. It makes you assume things based on what you know so far, and then they reveal one more truth that changes your assumptions, even if slightly. When they first introduced the girlfriend, I was so sure she knew or suspected something, but she kept up a friendly and smiling face the entire time, even though Rita had just her hand over Alek's and they were obviously absorbed in a serious and intimate discussion. I think that would raise any girlfriend's flags, so she's either extremely naïve or she's more cunning than either Rita and Alek think. I'm cynical, so I think she's cunning lol.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
boxy_tee said:
I can't believe this will be my first post on the forum, but by some freak accident I "discovered" Thai series for the first time through the addictively angsty teen drama, Hormones. My second foray into Thai tv was on the opposite end of the spectrum, the quirky - yet nearly destroyed by erroneous plot and only saved in the end by the kick-butt happy ending - Spinsters vs. Casanovas. That would explain why I came here. I had my eye on Alek and wanted to see how he would fare in his new project.

Forgive me for being a little naive about the way Thai series work... but even with my limited - and by limited I mean having to crack open a dictionary for every other word kind of limited - understanding of Thai, this series only looks great, but feels...pretty mediocre. The acting is just...OK. If I had to rate the main cast, the one that would be on the bottom rung would be Sririta. (Sorry!) She's undeniably pretty, but the woman says her lines like she's reading straight from the script. 

I know I probably shouldn't expect so much from a tv series, so I'm going to wait for english subs to come out and see if that will make a difference. Maybe I'll even find this missing "chemistry" between Alek and Sririta that people are talking about. >.>; I'll just have to chalk it down to my lack of understanding the language for now and give it another go.
Welcome!
Haha. You don't have to be apologetic. This production is fairly new and is known to be very lackluster. I think it has improved a little, but still not very good compared to other new productions.

I agree on Rita. That's why I'm not a fan of her. Hehe.

Honestly I only like Nott and Vicky's pairing. Haha. They're very cute together. I took a peak at Cubic and totally love Nott in there. Couldn't continue on because just wasn't feeling the story...and the lead actors.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Well said lenlin..I actually read the whole thing haha...well according to the lady summary, mew dress sexiest to keep him home..alek?.I hate that kind of pk who is conflicted...I guess he felt he should move on, yet he still have those feeling for rita. I think if he can't follow give all to the gf, he needs to be alone (haha...I guess have personal experience in this. ..sigh...I guess hate that type of "boy"). I have an acquaintance who is very strong and her situation is like mew. You wouldn't think she would put up w/the shit, but she does and even enable it w/her acceptance of it.

"You ladies who stay in a relationship pass it's time...are no longer a victim but a participant. " -some1 said it haha

I have no sympathy for these girls....well Vicky is ok...but her couple didn't really interested me. Ep 1 didn't hooked me.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah, I tend to write a lot lol. I'm trying to work on it.

But I'm sorry to hear you went through something similar as the Alek and Rita situation. It must have sucked. I like Alek the actor and aside from his wishy-washy-ness, I also like Alek the character. He seems very easygoing and supportive. I just wish he hadn't been dating another woman for 5 years. It really hurts his character.

Also, I went back and re-watched the beginning of episode 3. I missed it the first time around, but apparently the reason why Mew never did anything about Au is because she said she suspected, but she never caught him red-handed or found proof of his infidelity. That picture Rita took earlier on would have come in mighty handy then. Still, I don't see her really doing anything different except faking an illness (which is an act I don't condone of). However, I'm sure the text that Mew received from Au's mistress wasn't faked. The nerve of these women! I think if it had been me who had received that text, I would have ended it with Au right then and there. I totally agree with your quote.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
My situation is w/a Weak Mined Coward Boy (Stringing people along, conflicted/confused).....I took myself out of the equation and don't play that game....I like Alek the actor, the character is a good guy but I like my p'k w/moxy....do as you say and not afraid of their feelings (being confused). I feel anyone as a person is Confused w/their feeling needs to step back and evaluate yourself and be ALONE. You can't fully give them 100% then you are cheating them (I was being cheated w/o being giving 100%). My time was wasted "TIME WASTED can NEVER be taken back." Many lakorn has p'k like that, having a g/f or fiancee and then n'k...

Mew is RICH, she can HIRE a PI and get clear evidences. Unless the summary diff. from the actual series, then she just gonna change herself. 

I think this type of lakorn is good in a sense it's kinda realistic?? and to bring out discussion and perspective....Wish It was more entertaining hahaha....

It annoys me that there is GROWN ASS adults who can't be Honest w/each other and talk openly. What's the worse that can happen? Get shit clear out and move on..... 

Here's My rant...I know it's only a lakorn -.- too bad I am a fan of rita and vicky and was looking fwd to this and it didn't hook me

I was rewatching RONAPEE and I love how dedicated he is to N'k....she rejected him and he didn't just give him and run to the n'rai. "Ronapee Ruk Ploy-Kwan always". One of the best scene was his appointed FINACEE try to claim him and he said in FRONT of EVERYONE that he loves only n'k and will only marry her. That's my type of P'k. Guilty, I have enjoy some lakorn where p'k was kinda conflicted and weak minded. I think conflicted is ok, but the stringing-along part....grrrr...

boxy_tee

sarNie Egg
phatman said:
Welcome!
Haha. You don't have to be apologetic. This production is fairly new and is known to be very lackluster. I think it has improved a little, but still not very good compared to other new productions.

I agree on Rita. That's why I'm not a fan of her. Hehe.

Aww, you're sweet! Thanks for the welcome. I haven't been exposed to much Thai drama until recently because I can't speak Thai, but I'd love to learn. I love foreign films and TV. If they had it in Japanese or English subs, I'd be able to understand what is going on. So for now, I can only come here to see the epi summaries and thoughts you guys put up on the thread. Is anybody even subbing it in English at all? 

Mew is RICH, she can HIRE a PI and get clear evidences. Unless the summary diff. from the actual series, then she just gonna change herself.
Does Mew want to do that though? I don't know if the drama will delve that "deep" into a character's fears and motivations, but I think it would be hard for an older married woman to step up for herself in a situation like this, especially when children are involved. Maybe it's her fears that are keeping her from doing stuff like hiring a PI. Because there are consequences to knowing the truth. What if she ruins her kids' lives because of divorce? How is she going to live alone after being in a relationship for so long?  I can't help hoping that they'll elaborate more on those issues later...

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
boxy_tee said:
Aww, you're sweet! Thanks for the welcome. I haven't been exposed to much Thai drama until recently because I can't speak Thai, but I'd love to learn. I love foreign films and TV. If they had it in Japanese or English subs, I'd be able to understand what is going on. So for now, I can only come here to see the epi summaries and thoughts you guys put up on the thread. Is anybody even subbing it in English at all? 

Does Mew want to do that though? I don't know if the drama will delve that "deep" into a character's fears and motivations, but I think it would be hard for an older married woman to step up for herself in a situation like this, especially when children are involved. Maybe it's her fears that are keeping her from doing stuff like hiring a PI. Because there are consequences to knowing the truth. What if she ruins her kids' lives because of divorce? How is she going to live alone after being in a relationship for so long?  I can't help hoping that they'll elaborate more on those issues later...

Haha. Same here. I'd love to learn the language. My knowledge is very limited, but just enough for me to watch a lakorn (Thai drama) without subs and actually understand what's going on. Most of the time I guess by watching their body language. Haha. For this one, I don't think anyone's subbing it. It's not a popular enough lakorn for international fans to sub. Which is very unfortunate, because there are a great deal of lakorns that are worth subbing, but just aren't. 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
boxy_tee said:
Forgive me for being a little naive about the way Thai series work... but even with my limited - and by limited I mean having to crack open a dictionary for every other word kind of limited - understanding of Thai, this series only looks great, but feels...pretty mediocre. The acting is just...OK. If I had to rate the main cast, the one that would be on the bottom rung would be Sririta. (Sorry!) She's undeniably pretty, but the woman says her lines like she's reading straight from the script. 
I like Rita, but even I wouldn't say she's an accomplished actress or anything. I think her biggest drawback is her voice. There's not much inflection, so everything she says sounds flat or dead, but having listened to her talk all these years, she has more inflection now than she did before (as surprising as that seems). I'm used to the way she talks now so it's not as bad as it used to be. She's better than Om Akaphan imho.

spanky said:
I was rewatching RONAPEE and I love how dedicated he is to N'k....she rejected him and he didn't just give him and run to the n'rai. "Ronapee Ruk Ploy-Kwan always". One of the best scene was his appointed FINACEE try to claim him and he said in FRONT of EVERYONE that he loves only n'k and will only marry her. That's my type of P'k. Guilty, I have enjoy some lakorn where p'k was kinda conflicted and weak minded. I think conflicted is ok, but the stringing-along part....grrrr...
I have yet to watch that lakorn. I'm not a big fan of lakorn series, so I've been putting it off, no matter how many heaps of praises it receives. And if I'm not mistaken, Ronapee is the last story, right? It would take forever to get to it.

So I watched episode 4. Even as cynical as I am, I have to admit Ja (Woot/Alek's girlfriend) is very sweet and perhaps she is as naive as she appears. I do not want to be there when her rose-tinted glasses get yanked off.

Every time I see Vicky/Aom and Nott/Win (I'm trying to remember their character's names), I'm reminded of Jai Rao. He played a doctor in there, too, and I think he ended up with Vicky (except she played an actress in there). Sometimes I pretend this is the part 2 to their story lol.

Pop/Art (the youngest guy) is pretty cool. He'd be annoying to have as an employee, but he's definitely someone who holds his ground and isn't easily swayed. I love that scene where Jane got fired and ran into him on the streets and retorted that he had been fired just like her when he was making fun of her for being fired and he thought back to his "laid off" scene:

Boss: Art, are you meeting the clients in those clothes?
Art: Yes.
Boss: You need to wear a suit.
Art: They itch. I don't want to wear them.
Boss: Well you can't go out like that. If you don't wear a suit, then you can't work here.
Art: Then I quit.

It's not verbatim because it's translated from memory, but that's the gist of the conversation. He made quite an impression - but I would hate to have him as an employee.

I love Au, but man, do I hate Joe. I really, really hope he doesn't get involved with Pat because she's too close to home, being frenemies with Sun and friends with Woot and Ja. He really goes from one woman to the next.

And for a minute there I thought Woot quitting his job would be a good thing, but in the previews, he asks Sun to be his business partner. It's nice that he's so devoted to her, but I wish he showed Ja the same respect.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I haven't been watching so..no opinion on that.

As for mew, I feel she is in denial and don't want this real proof. But living the way she is, is torture. Just because a family break up doesn't always equal bad. Many divorce children I know wish their parents broke up sooner so they don't see their parent fight and miserable. They can happily co-parent. I seen this and the person has been a broken miserable record. Kids aren't stupid, they know and see.

You don't have to watch all the othet series. ..Each khun chai series can be stand alone lakorn

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Pop is cute. I can't believe he's 28. He looks so young.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I actually really like the Alek actor. I HATED him in the Sai See Plerng with Chompoo. I hated him and thought he was so stupid and ugly! But this one, with the light heart personality and cutesy and love able, he's actually pretty cute and decent looking (and getting more adorable as I type). I do hate that he's stringing his gf along....but for the most part I pretend she doesn't exist and just watch his and Rita's scenes. I actually enjoy their scenes the most. The other three ladies are...one is in denial, one is like come in, you're married, just do it!, and one is like, how is she even friends with them? She's like 12 while they're in their 30's.

I think I'll keep watching for Rita and Alek

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Someone punch Jo for me >.<"' See has to deal with his infidelity one after another and now here comes Pat waiting to snatch her turn. Argh. We finally get to see Woot as the jealous one lol I do feel bad for Ja though. I wonder if she is going to turn like Mint N's character in Rang Pratana after she realizes that Woot and San have feelings for each other.