❤️ Various ET News

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Yeah… that’s the basic formula for all relationships isn’t it? Regardless of whatever difference between the couple.

Wow ONE is doing calendar too? Meanwhile Ch3 calendar feels like it’s not getting as much hype as before. I wonder why they’re even doing it if they aren’t putting much effort into it.

Since the pix of Tre and Prang...they are in talk to be in a new lakorn....they are a good looking pair

Love Tre in love proposal

Lizander1204

sarNie Egg
I know Poo Praya just got married but I have not seen any pics posted on her IG. And she doesn't mentioned her hubby at all. I thought it's odd but maybe she's keeping it private? I'm just being nosey.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I know Poo Praya just got married but I have not seen any pics posted on her IG. And she doesn't mentioned her hubby at all. I thought it's odd but maybe she's keeping it private? I'm just being nosey.

I remember an interview she did earlier this year....i think he is a family friend?. . Something like that....she does seem .more private about it

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
August Vachiravit has left Ch3. Will be acting in a BL drama next.
Good for him. Even though he's been getting lead roles, none of them were really good or exciting tbh. I liked the remake he did to a degree but that was it. But overall, he not going as far as I expected him to. I actually really like his acting out of some of the newer gen actors. But I think like Ch 3, even if they give chances to the younger generations, they still give better scripts to their existing popular older generations first, who gets more push and etc so I don't blame him.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Good for him. Even though he's been getting lead roles, none of them were really good or exciting tbh. I liked the remake he did to a degree but that was it. But overall, he not going as far as I expected him to.
They don’t seem to know what to do with him. He seems stuck in the evening drama slot. If he makes it big in BL drama scene then he’ll be following Apo’s career track? I remember he was often only in minor roles in Ch3 then left and seems to be doing very well in BL now.

The irony is that amongst Ch3 new gen p’eks are also guys who had previously made it big doing BL. Like Gulf and Kao.

Ch3’s existing popular older gen is slowing down and ageing out though. So Ch3 really needs to think of fresh ideas to appeal to a new audience.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
BL is such a huge "kink" genre that the international fan base of asian dramas have been loving, like out of all the dramas I see of Thailand that actually gets reposted and edited is all the BL ones. So I'm guessing his decision to go that route might be hopes to gain more of an international following and open new doors not only for dramas but for ads and etc too

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
BL is for sure a huge market. And Thailand is considered as having paved the way for that genre in drama. Most of the time when people around me find out I watch Thai dramas is cos they are nuts about BL and think I am too. But BL isn’t my thing.

Ch3 has started going into this genre too but haven’t found much success. But they made the first GL drama and it was massively popular internationally online. Likely there will be more.

I wish Ch3 has more of a sense of: let’s do dramas that have never been done before. Rather than sticking in their sense of confidence that ‘we know this work for our audience so this is how we should do it.’ It’s really not working, and them thinking that it is just masks the fact that they don’t know what to do and is just continuing with making dramas of the same plot types because that’s all they know how to do.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Oh
BL is for sure a huge market. And Thailand is considered as having paved the way for that genre in drama. Most of the time when people around me find out I watch Thai dramas is cos they are nuts about BL and think I am too. But BL isn’t my thing.

Ch3 has started going into this genre too but haven’t found much success. But they made the first GL drama and it was massively popular internationally online. Likely there will be more.

I wish Ch3 has more of a sense of: let’s do dramas that have never been done before. Rather than sticking in their sense of confidence that ‘we know this work for our audience so this is how we should do it.’ It’s really not working, and them thinking that it is just masks the fact that they don’t know what to do and is just continuing with making dramas of the same plot types because that’s all they know how to do.
For sure, I agree.

Like they have the money, the loyal viewers of Ch 3, and great pickings to choose from their older generation and new generation of actors/ actresses to really make something "newer" and really succeed but they don't push the envelope much

nat12

sarNie Adult
Oh

For sure, I agree.

Like they have the money, the loyal viewers of Ch 3, and great pickings to choose from their older generation and new generation of actors/ actresses to really make something "newer" and really succeed but they don't push the envelope much
They have already messed up Prom Likit, which is already their most anticipated drama in recent years. Well, at least I was anticipating it and I might never forgive them for that. BPS was a success because primarily it wasn’t a typical lakorn. It was fresh for its time. Then they made Prom Likit into a more typical lakorn, using stale plot points and stereotypical characters. They waste the acting talent on hand, even Pope Bella, cos they made the drama more about selling koojin chemistry.

I don’t want to be ageist, but it just confirms that the decision-makers at Ch3 are behind the times and have no idea what today’s audiences like. And they only know how to make typical lakorn.

bit

sarNie Adult
He wouldn’t be the only one I guess since there is so many options nowadays to act in, various streaming platform, movies, youtube. It’s much easier compared to last time where you only have to rely on TV channel

Being a free agents makes it easier for him.

nat12

sarNie Adult
He wouldn’t be the only one I guess since there is so many options nowadays to act in, various streaming platform, movies, youtube. It’s much easier compared to last time where you only have to rely on TV channel

Being a free agents makes it easier for him.
For sure. I’m sure quite a number are leaving or have left. I think age is a factor too. He won’t get as many roles, especially lead roles. So not continuing the contract is logical, will give him more time to do other things too.

Ch3 organizing the fan meeting for Bella’s birthday is a bit… odd, IMO. How many years has she been with Ch3 but this feels like the only time they have done it? Trying to persuade her to stay? And I’m quite sure the special guest would have been Pope but he is stubbornly… hibernating. Haha

spanky

sarNie OldFart

Same BL drama isn't my thing. I feel like it is only more popular with international fans......a kink fetish...

My lil bro, whom is gay complained to Me how annoying the fangirls are. He also complained to me that the storyline for the BL series are all tired out and the say and they make them seems like cheating chores to create drama.

I'll watch a good storyline/storytelling. I liked to sir with love....but it was no a typical BL drama either.

I enjoyed in recent serie with pp. He'll for sure be popular with BL internationally.....but the majority of fan girls will turn on them once they do something different to expand their acting/work.

Although true ID? Is doing kdrama remake....I prefer that....at least it is different...hopefully they can do their own storyline

nat12

sarNie Adult
Boy had no project for the whole of 2023, except his appearance with Bella recently and signing calendar event. Better for him to be free agent, and I am hoping Pope does the same.
Lipgloss Spy took forever to finish shooting because of covid delays. Then after that he was shooting movies. One was done and released (6 Characters) and I think the other will be out next year.

I don’t mind Pope going freelance though I’ll be sad not seeing him at Ch3 events. But I think fans shouldn’t expect that even if he goes freelance they’ll see him more often. He’s really choosy over his work, and will only work on one project at a time. I see some fans blaming Ch3 for not giving him work, but to see your fave ch3 star often they need to work on multiple projects at a time. That’s not his way.

nat12

sarNie Adult
@spanky I’m not gay or into BL but I also find their fangirls annoying haha. Recently Bright did a movie with Bella, and online there was a bit of back and forth between Bright-Bella shippers (who also offended Pope-Bella shippers) and BrightWin shippers. Like OMG grow up kids, and go out and touch grass. Stop polluting my already messy Twitter feed.

Ship whoever you want, just don’t bother other people with it. :rolleyes:

The True Korean remakes are interesting but I keep hoping by now they would have developed their own ability develop similar more interesting scripts of their own. It kinda spoils the fun when I’ve already watched the Korean versions before and so already have an idea of what’s going to happen. As before, remakes seem like a lazy way to get new dramas out.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
@spanky I’m not gay or into BL but I also find their fangirls annoying haha. Recently Bright did a movie with Bella, and online there was a bit of back and forth between Bright-Bella shippers (who also offended Pope-Bella shippers) and BrightWin shippers. Like OMG grow up kids, and go out and touch grass. Stop polluting my already messy Twitter feed.

Ship whoever you want, just don’t bother other people with it. :rolleyes:

The True Korean remakes are interesting but I keep hoping by now they would have developed their own ability develop similar more interesting scripts of their own. It kinda spoils the fun when I’ve already watched the Korean versions before and so already have an idea of what’s going to happen. As before, remakes seem like a lazy way to get new dramas out.
I been attacked for saying I like a good storyline....n it turn up me being homophobic......because as long as it is bl it's good.....or if it isn't...they ship it anyways.

The kdrama remakes...I didn't see the original...sooo

To be fair...k and c do remakes of each other's drama too....

But yes...I need them to expand their genre and content

bit

sarNie Adult
Sorry to say this to the shippers… but I really don’t see what is so hype about Bright?

anyway have anyone heard any confirmation that Taew might be next not to renew her contract?