your first lakorn

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
first lakorn: ban sai tong (saranyu and monrudee). one day, i felt bored and didn't want to watch spiderman again and again so i choose a video tape with khmer script (i don't read khmer), it was "ban sai tong" and monrudee was pregnant.

first interest: ban sai tong, she's pregnant and baby!

hey since people are listing their lakorns, i wanna list mine too..haha

lol. thats all i can remember, but i watched sooooo much more..haha im a lakorn addict
thank you for sharing!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Noo Manee Yard Fah isn't a boran lakorn. It's more of a modern lakorn.
Boran lakorns are more of a fantasy lakorns. Not all boran are fantasy, just some. But the majority of the boran lakorns consists of kings & queens, monsters, wizards, gods and demons. They have some horrible effects. :lol:

Tae Pang Korn isn't that old of a lakorn. I'm not sure what year it came out though... sometime in the 21 cent. :lol:
Boran is a Laotian term if I am not mistaken. Thai has another name for it. Am I right? I don't know but I grew up knowing it as "boran"

TAE PANG KORN - ANN N NUM (absolutely loved it!)
SAWAN BIENG - ANN N KEN (all time favorite!)
OUM RUK - ANN N KEN (cute and funny)
BUANG BUN JA TORN - MARSHA N CHAKRIT (another all time favorite! love the theme song! and only lakorn i like of marsha)
KLIN KAEW KLANG JAI - RITA N ROME (first lakorn i've seen of rita and i fell for her...lol)
KING KAEW KA FARK - ACE N PAT N POR N PAT (i love pat's acting in here)
KAEW TA PEE - TIK N CHERRY
HUA JAI SILA - FANG N BIE (i love fang!)
BUANG RUK - FANG N PEPPER (i love fang!)
LEH RATREE - ANN N PEPPER
ATTITARN RUK - PIM N CAPTAIN (i was so into this lakorn. i loved it!)
MAYA PISSAWAS - ANN N PEPPER? (wasnt much bout ann n pepper, but i like pang's acting)
TALAY RISSAYA - BEE N PONG (bee was awesome in here! she looked so innocent)
SAENG SOON - BEE N FANG N CHAKRIT (bee was so evil in here, i loved it! fang was innocent as always..haha)
RAI RISSAYA - CHERRY N AUM (cherry was lookin good in here, til she got thrown over the boat..haha)
JUM LOEY RUK - AFF N AUM (aff was fine! i love aff!)
PLENG RUK RIM FANG KONG - WEIR N ALEXANDRA (absolutely loved the songs!)
NGAO ASOKE - PEUNG N PONG (loved this lakorn! peung was perfect for the role. loved the theme song too!)
TON RUK - NOON N KADE (noon was sooo innocent lookin n i fell for her in here..haha)
MAE AI SA EUN - NOON N VEE (i loved how noon was so fierce in here)
SILAMANEE - KOB N PAUL (first lakorn of KOB that i ever liked! i loved how she looked in here)
SUMTHIN RISSAYA OR PISSAWAS - PAT N PAUL (first lakorn i saw of pat n she was great!)
KAEN LUM KORN - NOON N OIL (loved the songs in here)
PEE NONG SONG LEUD - DAN N BEAM (i loved this lakorn! d2b is awesome!)

BLA BOO TONG (all all time favorite forever n ever...haha)
PRA TINA WONG (i wasnt gonna watch this boran, but i fell for cartoon..haha)
See this was why I had always thought you were a girl until I heard you sing :lol:

1) What was the first lakorn you've seen? How did you stumble upon it?
I grew up watching lakorns... My aunt and mom would rent them at the video store back in the days but nowadays my mom doesn't watch unless if its one of her favorite celebrity. I can't say which I saw first but I think it was a boran lakorn. I can't remember anything except for the giants but I may be mistaken.

2) What was the first lakorn you've seen that got you interested/addicted in lakorns?
I can't answer this one too. It was just there and I just watched it if I got interested in it or not. Or sometimes I would just sit there and watch like I had nothing better to do than just sit in front of the damn TV. But I can say that Ruk Prakasit with Num and Ning turned me into a lakorn whore. My dad blames my mom for influencing me lmao. There was a period of time that I just stopped watching lakorn. Even though I don't understand, I still watch them till this day. Actually watching lakorn has helped me a lot with my Thai. I can understand some words and piece them together.

3) list the lakorns you've watched (state whether you completed it or not) and highlight your favorites
This is also a though one. I use to have a list, I posted it on myspace and a few of my friend said I seriously don't have a life. LMAO how in the world do I have time to watch all those lakorns plus other Asain dramas including Western dramas/films too. I have no idea either. There are plenty of lakorn that I had never finished but I try my best to watch them, there comes a point where I just won't watch it. People say that I am bias because I only watch my favorite celebrities... Well that's somewhat true but not technically. I finished some of Krit's lakorn and some of you probably already know I don't find him to be pra ek material or hot... There is something about him that I just can't stand. I am not a fan of Kob either but peeps I have seen quite a few lakorns of her and I admit some are great! I absolutely adore Ann T but some of her lakorns are blah and it surely don't interest me. And yes I am loyal to ch3 lakorns but its not like I praise every lakorns that ch3 produce. I do to watch ch7 and ch5 lakorn even ch9 sometimes and come to love some. Basically Noy and RR listed most of them.

4) What's your nationality and your race?
No one knows what I am yet. I will keep that a secret BUT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW I AM NOT THAI SINCE THIS THREAD WAS FOR NON-THAI lmao. *Hehehe*

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
follow up questions:
*when did you see it?
*list! i need list! lol! hehehe...
haha...ok i'll try to remember most of the lakorns i've completed...
TAE PANG KORN : NOT COMPLETED
BUANG BUN JA TORN : COMPLETED
KLIN KAEW KLANG JAI: COMPLETED
KAEW TA PEE: COMPLETED
BUANG RUK: COMPLETED
LEH RATREE: COMPLETED
TALAY RISSAYA: COMPLETED
JUM LOEY RUK: COMPLETED
NGAO ASOKE: COMPLETED
MAE AI SA EUN: COMPLETED

AND MANY MANY MORE!! LOL...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Boran is a Laotian term if I am not mistaken. Thai has another name for it. Am I right? I don't know but I grew up knowing it as "boran"

See this was why I had always thought you were a girl until I heard you sing :lol:

1) What was the first lakorn you've seen? How did you stumble upon it?
I grew up watching lakorns... My aunt and mom would rent them at the video store back in the days but nowadays my mom doesn't watch unless if its one of her favorite celebrity. I can't say which I saw first but I think it was a boran lakorn. I can't remember anything except for the giants but I may be mistaken.

2) What was the first lakorn you've seen that got you interested/addicted in lakorns?
I can't answer this one too. It was just there and I just watched it if I got interested in it or not. Or sometimes I would just sit there and watch like I had nothing better to do than just sit in front of the damn TV. But I can say that Ruk Prakasit with Num and Ning turned me into a lakorn whore. My dad blames my mom for influencing me lmao. There was a period of time that I just stopped watching lakorn. Even though I don't understand, I still watch them till this day. Actually watching lakorn has helped me a lot with my Thai. I can understand some words and piece them together.

3) list the lakorns you've watched (state whether you completed it or not) and highlight your favorites
This is also a though one. I use to have a list, I posted it on myspace and a few of my friend said I seriously don't have a life. LMAO how in the world do I have time to watch all those lakorns plus other Asain dramas including Western dramas/films too. I have no idea either. There are plenty of lakorn that I had never finished but I try my best to watch them, there comes a point where I just won't watch it. People say that I am bias because I only watch my favorite celebrities... Well that's somewhat true but not technically. I finished some of Krit's lakorn and some of you probably already know I don't find him to be pra ek material or hot... There is something about him that I just can't stand. I am not a fan of Kob either but peeps I have seen quite a few lakorns of her and I admit some are great! I absolutely adore Ann T but some of her lakorns are blah and it surely don't interest me. And yes I am loyal to ch3 lakorns but its not like I praise every lakorns that ch3 produce. I do to watch ch7 and ch5 lakorn even ch9 sometimes and come to love some. Basically Noy and RR listed most of them.

No one knows what I am yet. I will keep that a secret BUT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW I AM NOT THAI SINCE THIS THREAD WAS FOR NON-THAI lmao. *Hehehe*

lol. a guy cant be a lakorn addict? haha i gotta see n support my favorite actresses. haha

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
haha...ok i'll try to remember most of the lakorns i've completed...
TAE PANG KORN : NOT COMPLETED
BUANG BUN JA TORN : COMPLETED
KLIN KAEW KLANG JAI: COMPLETED
KAEW TA PEE: COMPLETED
BUANG RUK: COMPLETED
LEH RATREE: COMPLETED
TALAY RISSAYA: COMPLETED
JUM LOEY RUK: COMPLETED
NGAO ASOKE: COMPLETED
MAE AI SA EUN: COMPLETED

AND MANY MANY MORE!! LOL...

haha. u've seen all the ones i've seen..haha

paulina

sarNie Egg
My first lakorn I could remember was either the one with the dude that was kob real dad in Daoprasook, don't know the title but it's posted in the R-scene area, or the lakorn they're remaking with boy, were hey kidnaps and rapes the wrong girl because he thinks shes his wife. Needless to say from then on, me and all my sisters and my mom started to be hooked on lakorns. All the lakorns back in the day were awesome, not like now where the actors or actresses in my opinion are too restrained and doesn't go all out. Even though I am not
Thai, I still love and support the dramas, because they do it like no other. Sadly now and days I have a problem finishing newer lakorns, the only ones I watched and loved were Sawan Biang, Jamleuy ruk, Bow chee chompoo, to name a few

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
i'm not sure if "boran" is a laotian term or not. all i know is that thais use that term also. the formal thai name for a "boran lakorn" is "lakorn peun barn".

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I've been watching lakorns since 1985, so I can't remember the very first ones. But I watched a lot of lakorns with former runner-up of Miss Thailand though. She was the actress who played DaoPrasook's mother in DaoPrasook from 1992. One of my favorite lakorns of hers is the original "Prasart Meud" meaning dark mansion or dark castle. I used to watch a lot of Thai movies starring Jarunee and Salapong in it too!

I'm Lao, but is very familiar with Thai language and its culture cause it's very similiar to Lao. That's how I got into lakorns. Oh and because I love the drama and romance!

trina_ben

sarNie Adult

lol. a guy cant be a lakorn addict? haha i gotta see n support my favorite actresses. haha
mongstaness is a guy? :eek: well, i would always presume members are women until i find clues. haha...
fun, why would you keep it a secret? tell me what you are! hehe..

thanks for sharing yajvaj, paulina and lady!

thuy

sarNie Egg
I am Viet-Lao and used to watch chinese lakorns dubbed in vietnamese since the 1990's and always loved the drama and romance in series. In the older thai lakorns there were no good-looking actors, this is why I started with chinese versions :D I only got addicted to thai lakorns since I saw Prissana with Tik :p I was overwhelmed by his look and since then, I have seen loads of thai lakorns. Today, I watch mainly thai lakorns and no chinese anymore :lol:

kitkat

sarNie Elites
Wow, I don't even remember my first 'cause when I was little, my grandma was pretty much collective toward old lakorns whereas many oldest actors/actresses whom currently played as the grandpa/ma roles [yes, it'S very old!]. But that time, I wasn't addicted til I watched Noon's first lakorn with Kade "Rak Tem Roy" then I started to search her out on the net then it led me to know much more about lakorns. =)

Beside lakorn wasn't my first 'cause boran came in first, lol.

KANN

sarNie Egg
1) what was the first lakorn you've seen? how did you stumble upon it?
JLR, a pretty good one!
2) what was the first lakorn you've seen that got you interested/addicted in lakorns?
SB, and still cannot get over it :p
COMPLETED:
JLR
SB
Oum Ruk

Manee Yard Fah(no subs)
Rang Ngao(no subs :lmao: )
==========================
NOT COMPLETED
BBK
Botan Gleep Sudtai
Likit Kummathep
Jai Rao
Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong
Ruk ter Took Wun
Silamanee
4) what's your nationality and your race?
well I wish I could speak THAI ^_^

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
mongstaness is a guy? :eek: well, i would always presume members are women until i find clues. haha...
fun, why would you keep it a secret? tell me what you are! hehe..

thanks for sharing yajvaj, paulina and lady!
lol. who said i was keepin it a secret? haha. yall girls just didnt ask me.