Work/Job

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't have many job experiences but I did thousands and thousands of volunteering.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Hmmmmm...tough situation for you girl.

I usually get jobs through hook ups and friends, so i usually get hired on the spot as well. Like my last job, my sisters bestfriend was the general manager so she just told meeh to come in and there i started.

Question: Are you in high school or college. Because if your in college then instead of going out and finding a job at fast food or retail you might be able to work at the school. Either through work study or student aid or something.

I don't know just a suggestion.

Muddie Murda

smile...
wth u used to get paid bi-weekly for working at like a walgreens or cvs was it??? that's strange.

um lol yeah muddie, not to make life unappealing to u, but i think all jobs starts out nice friendly and cheery... <_<
Yepppp...I've ALWAYS been paid once every two weeks...always always...

I seriously love my new job so far. And NING the people seem really real LOL...I know what you mean when you say they start out sweet and friendly and cheery...I can sense their fakeness through their high pitch fake personality LOL, trust me, these people are nothingggg like that. Puahaha They're so crazy and funny and silly...'cept a few...they just seem really negative about everything. It's a 4 weeks training, and some are just wanting to get everything done done done. It's a 8 hour LONG CLASS. What do you expect? Sit there and just watch slide shows after slideshows?? A little fun is good to wake you up. Anyways it's just one person. I didn't really like her personality the moment I walked in and hear her talk lol. "These people dress all nice but I just came to work." (with attitude in voice). It's a "professional" like place, so it's pretty obvious why EVERYONE [else] was dressed nice AND it was first day. I try not to be around her much because she talks too much crap. I don't like to hear that stuff. =p

That's my only complaint. HAHA ^__^ Everything else is still nice. hehe

tEaRdRoP

sarNie Egg
Have you guys tried looking at government agencies like your city, county, federal, etc website for job posting? Jobs are usually updated every week. Don't get discouraged by the requirements, if even one thing applies to you, I say apply for the job. That's what I did and after 3 years I'm still shocked I got the job out of 200 or so applicants ehehe.

When I applied for my job, I had no experience in the field cuz I just graduated. The only thing I had was my degree and typing skills cuz I was working as a data clerk. Anywho, I'm a double major Finance and Marketing. And the funny part was that it wasn't even the degree they were looking for LOL! They was asking for degree in Accounting and/or Business Administration. Anyway, after applying, I got a letter for a test. A couple of weeks later, I took the test. I was ranked 29 out of the 200 folks. I lost hope. But then a couple weeks later I was called for interview. I was speechless and scared as hell. I almost didnt go but I went just for the heck of it.

At the interview, I was so nervous but I kept my cool and answered their questions as professional as I could be. Well, here's the shocker, about 3 hours after the interview, I got a phone from the interviewer, my boss now, asking me when could I start. I was stunned and happy that I couldn't even talk.

Well for about a year I was working two jobs, I decide to quit my data job cuz I was working like 15 hours a day, the gov. job 8-5PM and the data job 6:30-1AM. The money was GREAT but it was not worth it. I was exhausted as hell. Beside, the new job paid like $6 more.

noungning

Heartless
Have you guys tried looking at government agencies like your city, county, federal, etc website for job posting? Jobs are usually updated every week. Don't get discouraged by the requirements, if even one thing applies to you, I say apply for the job. That's what I did and after 3 years I'm still shocked I got the job out of 200 or so applicants ehehe.

When I applied for my job, I had no experience in the field cuz I just graduated. The only thing I had was my degree and typing skills cuz I was working as a data clerk. Anywho, I'm a double major Finance and Marketing. And the funny part was that it wasn't even the degree they were looking for LOL! They was asking for degree in Accounting and/or Business Administration. Anyway, after applying, I got a letter for a test. A couple of weeks later, I took the test. I was ranked 29 out of the 200 folks. I lost hope. But then a couple weeks later I was called for interview. I was speechless and scared as hell. I almost didnt go but I went just for the heck of it.

At the interview, I was so nervous but I kept my cool and answered their questions as professional as I could be. Well, here's the shocker, about 3 hours after the interview, I got a phone from the interviewer, my boss now, asking me when could I start. I was stunned and happy that I couldn't even talk.

Well for about a year I was working two jobs, I decide to quit my data job cuz I was working like 15 hours a day, the gov. job 8-5PM and the data job 6:30-1AM. The money was GREAT but it was not worth it. I was exhausted as hell. Beside, the new job paid like $6 more.
omg!!! i'm jealous, i've applied for a government position approximately 3 times, gotten to the 2nd stage 2 times, well the second stage for me was official transcript and resume submitted. They said my score from the 'pre qualifying test' (i had to do it online) was 97 out of 100 for the second time around... i really thought i'd get the job, but yea, i didn't get it beause a veteran whom applied had a veteran status was chosen over me!!! :( i'd try to get a federal job again when i start to look again... sucks, MANY veterans in my area... it's like slim to land a government job, i should start packing lol

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
how did i get my job?
hmmm....LOTS AND LOTSSSSSSSS OF HARD WORK!!! but it finally paid off, bc i'm living my dreams!!!

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
ughhh job searching sucks. i just got my degree in may and i'm still lookin for a full time job. right now i get paid to go to meetings and health fairs once in a while. they always feed us good though lol

Liberty

sarNie Adult
If you're a student with little work experience you really have no room to be picky if you want a job, that's just the cold hard truth.
As for your hand, well I'm sure a lot of employers can work with you on that, they can't NOT hire you for minor stuff like that. I worked at Walgreens and there was this guy working there that has down syndrome (I think).

You can always try mall jobs, those are slightly easier than working at places like CVS.
One retail job shouldn't ruin all retail jobs for you. I've worked at couple of a retail places and each experience is different.

I'm currently not working, not really anyway. I'm just writing for my school paper, I get paid but I got the job because I can write and it helps that I'm a journalism student. :)
My other jobs I got just by submitting an application.