Why Sarnies' Girls / Women want to vote for McCain/Palin ?

cecilia

Staff member
^I totally agree, Palin is the worst choices out of the two vp .. Biden is no better either but he's much more better than Palin .. as for MCCAIN and OBAMA. both are not that trustable .. but what matter is that Obama touch the topic i want to hear more and care more about UNITING ppl than Mccain/Palin. I don't know how ppl view Palin, but i really think, she bring the negative side to this whole election .. had it been a better vp .. some might reconsider their vote ..

as for Biden coming out to make it clear, i don't think so .. i only read reports and argument from D. spokesman .. but i have a way of interpreting it .. and like i said. It's an open discussion on whatever ppl want to interpret .. i just can't wait til this is over so i can start on my term paper on this political issue.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
^I totally agree, Palin is the worst choices out of the two vp .. Biden is no better either but he's much more better than Palin .. as for MCCAIN and OBAMA. both are not that trustable .. I don't know how ppl view Palin, but i really think, she bring the negative side to this whole election .. had it been a better vp .. some might reconsider their vote ..
agreed, well said

darvil

sarNie Adult
Mccain should have picked Mitt Romey.

He would have had a better chance to win right now with Romey.

Unfortunately he couldn't get over his dislike of the man.

Imagine with the economy in the shithole and with Romey .. it would have been perfect.. at least as perfect as it could be as the Republicans.

noungning

Heartless
^^ They will benefit from tax cuts ofcourse, but as for raised taxes, my parents work for a big corporation that makes over $250,000. So if that corporation is highly taxed..... they won't be able to afford their employees as much.. so down sizing they go.. or better yet, pack up and go to China.
well i'm hoping if obama gets elected, he will enforce his proposal to give tax credit to corporations that retain their workers and do not outsource their jobs to those countries with the cheaper labor. i believe this is on debate 3... but like u said u've voted, so there's no point into it for you right?

but for those that have not voted yet, please check the proposals prior to accepting the unknown/misleading type of ads or information that are put out there to distract from what is really being proposed by these nominated candidates.

----

going back on your previous post regarding your family member seeking job but because he's 60 and not being considered for the jobs when he is capable and qualified for those jobs, i'd seek a lawyer ;) there are many clauses that protect from age discrimination. just because u're old, u shouldn't be deemed unqualified for a job and this also goes to several things...unless it is part of the job description.

for example:
Position: Hooters' Waitress
Job Description: Serve food to patrons that visits the restaurant, take orders from customers, blah blah blah.
Requirements: Must be female, must be able to wear revealing clothing, 2-3 years prior waiter experience, must have friendly personality, prior experience with cash handling.

if u qualify based on the job description, u apply, they call u if they're interested in your resume with ur experience... they interview u and see if u are qualified and have that appeal to work in that job for the restaurant.

if ur family member feels they've passed every single step and qualified for whatever the job is, the job interview even went by greatly and they said he's qualified but he's not hired... called and they didn't hire anyone, or hired someone with less qualifications, then u should tell em to seriously seek consultation with a lawyer. sometimes there's free consultation for these types of things also.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
noungning - they claim not to hire him on other things.. but we all know its in age....... so I wonder what a lawyer can do?

noungning

Heartless
what are other things? if it has no relation to work then it's not a valid denial for hire.

one thing that covers their ass is saying he isn't qualified, over qualified, or they've hired someone that meets more qualifications to the needs of the job.

but if he was given a response of "u aren't hired because XYZ" that has nothing to do with the nature of the job, then the lawyer can do something.

lady0fdarkness

because he went through literally 20-30 different companies and they say the same shit... my guess is cause he's 59 years old!! he used to work in management and was an engineer.

noungning

Heartless
^well, if that's the case... the only way to it is calling to ask why he wasn't hired instead of the other candidate. i'd look into it some more if he is not hired any any site at all simply because of his age, which isn't on job applications, so they shouldn't know his age... but i'm sure appearance wise it can be determined, but still... that's not something that can be used to base a hire on.

as for maya_fantasy, i'll ask darvil on that because he did a system merge this morning and it might've happened when u posted. if u're questioning if i've deleted ur post, i did not, and i'm not that childish.

lady0fdarkness

yeah.. he has a grey beard.. and you can tell that he is old..... so.......... I dunno what's going to happen to him and my sister.. looks like foreclosure will strike closer to home than I thought.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
because he went through literally 20-30 different companies and they say the same shit... my guess is cause he's 59 years old!! he used to work in management and was an engineer.
You don't have enough proof to say they didn't hire him because of his age. So going to Lawyer is not going to make any different, other than wasting time and money to the Lawyer.
The best way to do is, find out who work in that company and ask if they can get him or recommend him to their boss, and start from there.

noungning

Heartless
omg... yeah seriously. he should have numerous years of experience and should be at least qualified for 15+ jobs in there also if not all of them.

if he's applied, called in and asked about the job and they say... sorry we've hired someone else. u can always ask along the lines of why was the other candidate hired and not me? blah blah blah. and they can provide an answer most of the time... and it'd be like what i said.

things with over qualifications also... they don't hire those people because they feel they don't and can't afford to hire someone with that many years of experience... the more experience the more costly the salary.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
yeah.. he has a grey beard.. and you can tell that he is old..... so.......... I dunno what's going to happen to him and my sister.. looks like foreclosure will strike closer to home than I thought.

Ladyofdarkness, tell your sister and her husband to call their mortgage company and explain to them the family situations and fiancial problem etc. Tell them that with the economic today and his job situation, ask if they can do anything about lowing down his monthly mortgage and lowing down interest rate etc. Then also write a hardship letter to them, tell them they don't want to lose their home, and what can the mortgage company do to help etc. They will have some answer for you and help you keep the home instead of foreclosing, because the mortgage company will lose out too if the house is foreclosing.

lady0fdarkness

thanks ya'll for the advices....

in the end.. no government agencies or business was able to help, but instead it was family and churches. My sister got her mortgage paid by a catholic church and each of us chipped in.. but what about next month? Sigh....

even if they lowered her mortage.. her income to payment ratio is to large.. she'd still be in trouble.