Why is it so hard to let go?

STIMA

hmm i dun think you should try to change anyone especially if you're already someone thats not BIG to them...get wat i mean x_X? LOL i wouldnt change for a friend but i probably would change for a reall reall good friend.
but yeah it takes time & TRUE willingness to go..especially TIME. alot of people think that they really wana let go of something but they really don't

WOW! Thanks for all the replies, I read every single one... I am very touched!
Anywaise between me and that fool we were just friends, no dating no attachments, it was a one sided love thing. At first i had nothing for him, not a single bit, and he keeps bothering me to the point where i thought there was actually something. I played a long and then i started to drink with him and his guy friends. I never drink to start out with and when drinking i can get comfy with him. I think that my drinking was one of the problems between our friendship. I mean if you are not a drinker, and you hang out with drinkers you WILL drink to have fun, right? Anywaise watever goes ive given up on that fool and he can do watever sH*t he wants. Havent called, seen or heard from him over 3 weeks and it feels good cause ima slowly becoming the same person i once was. No drinking, school and movies... Asian movies... hahaha..

I wasnt really trying to change him or anything, its that his life has been from hell and back and i wanted him to see that there is more then he looks at life. Like if i can show you wat your never seen i can make this happen. That is wat was in my mind but i guess he couldnt see that. I mean his life is hella boring; work, computer games, drink... I mean come on, your a freaken man, do something beside those 3 things... wait also bowling every sunday... That is so boring... Done all these with them idiots for over 4 months its like so boring... They wont even play sports... Yeah so that is wat i wanted to show him that there is more to life then just those 4 things he been doing in the last who knows how many years of his boring ass life. Anywaise it over and life goes on.....

noungning

Heartless
WOW! Thanks for all the replies, I read every single one... I am very touched!
Anywaise between me and that fool we were just friends, no dating no attachments, it was a one sided love thing. At first i had nothing for him, not a single bit, and he keeps bothering me to the point where i thought there was actually something. I played a long and then i started to drink with him and his guy friends. I never drink to start out with and when drinking i can get comfy with him. I think that my drinking was one of the problems between our friendship. I mean if you are not a drinker, and you hang out with drinkers you WILL drink to have fun, right? Anywaise watever goes ive given up on that fool and he can do watever sH*t he wants. Havent called, seen or heard from him over 3 weeks and it feels good cause ima slowly becoming the same person i once was. No drinking, school and movies... Asian movies... hahaha..

I wasnt really trying to change him or anything, its that his life has been from hell and back and i wanted him to see that there is more then he looks at life. Like if i can show you wat your never seen i can make this happen. That is wat was in my mind but i guess he couldnt see that. I mean his life is hella boring; work, computer games, drink... I mean come on, your a freaken man, do something beside those 3 things... wait also bowling every sunday... That is so boring... Done all these with them idiots for over 4 months its like so boring... They wont even play sports... Yeah so that is wat i wanted to show him that there is more to life then just those 4 things he been doing in the last who knows how many years of his boring ass life. Anywaise it over and life goes on.....
OMG your whole response reminds me of this group of guys i hang out with but i don't like them or anything but that's what they do to have "fun" go out drinking, bowling, and the gib ahaha... but the thing is i drink and love to bowl tho!!! i love bowling and i haven't been doing it for so long boy oh boy do i miss it! :yahoo:

but i don't think it's necessary to drink when you hang out with them! i mean i have friends who don't drink and they just hang around and stuff.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Why is it so hard to let go of someone you like who dont even like you or just see you as a friend?
**> My friend asked me why I just cant let go of this person and my response was that I thought i could change him for the better and hope that i can make him see that there is more then he sees life the way he does. I told her that Ive let go but cant just cut all strings like that, it takes time. Why dont people understand that. :lmao:
Letting go is a hard thing to do and for those who has never experienced it, well, it's easier for them to say because they are not the one who's emotionally attached whereas you are.

That is one big mistake of trying to change someone when in a relationship or if you ever to be in one...

Attraction alone is strong and yes, it is normal that we do want to change them in ways that we think will provide them with more positive thing in life...

If, one really like / love / or simply cares a lot for the other person, THEN it is possible that he / she might try to "adapt" to the other's ways of living.

As for completely changing, that's for them to decipher as an individual if they want to conform in ways that'll satisfy the other's desires.

I find it quite difficult to change myself just to please someone UNLESS the effects will drastically impact my life and those I love.