why hmong parents are sooo strict?

bugsy

sarNie Adult
ntxais_hmoob_thoj said:
Hmong Parents are Strict because all the Hmong care about is Saving-Face!
[post="153534"][/post]​
girlll.....did you even read ANYTHING before posting this up? Yea yea yea....alot of the hmong community has to do with repuations and for some families.....thats what its ALL about. But dude...thats only the stupid people. Im sorry to say.....but quite whining already. I've been surrounded by people who whine all the time about "o...hmong people only care about saving face....blah blah blah" ......and all i gotta say is...."yaw they do. Durr....we're asians" And why people gotta think sooo negative about the whole ethnicity if only a couple examples goes bad? Lets see....the WHOLE asian community values morals/values and reputation alot so its not just us. And meeka people? Yall think meeka people are soooooo all up in here being lenient but you know what? They got their own system too. It's called social class. Dividing people up by wealth and money. It's ALL about social status. So stop whining already cause dammit! Every god damn culture out there has their own flaws. ERRRRR.....excuse me....Im writing outta anger. The world's currupt and so are we. And if you've got any sense in you....please......some very nice people have already posted up some very logical and damn good comments on us and our parents.....so follow them.

I hate when people start hating up on their parents. I mean.....yawww....im only human too....so i do it too. But im not ignorant. I know they come from a different lifestyle and all that good stuff i dont wanna rewrite here and if you think about it, most of our parents, great grandparents and just plain ancestors got married when they were like...what? ....14? 15?16? Now who's gonna have any sense of life at that age while raising bunches of kids? Of course it was hard for them to grow up and especialy with the war and moving to the U.S.

Okaky.....no more talking....me getting tense...lol

All i gotta say is.....dont be sooo selfish and at least try to understand them too. I mean....yaww.....there's some real evil parents out there....but like the others said.....move out or get them to change. Evil parents probably had evil parents too....so just take a chance and try to get to know them. If all else fails....you always have the option of what kind of parent YOU'RE gonna be and from there....you can make change happen.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
dude, i think kids shouldn't be talking about hmong parents being so strict...first off, take a look around you...12...13 years old hmong girls are out there acting like they're a bunch of sluts...dating guys who are 10-15 years older than they are and thinking that they're "cool" with a cigarette in their mouth and a drink in one hand...yeah yeah...all other barely teenage girls do that too...but let's forget them for now...we're not talking about them...we're talking about hmong girls...so, let's just focus on hmong girls...as people have stated before...as a hmong girl we have a standard to go by and to uphold...our reputation means a lot and how other people view us will affect our family and the family name...to the hmong people...having a bad reputation and disgracing your family is like the greatest crime you could ever commit...the way i see it...if you're as good a girl as you claim to be your parents will let you have your freedom...but if you're one of those wild girls...you can kiss your freedom good-bye or you can kiss your family good-bye because you're no longer part of the family...i may say a lot of negative things about the hmong people...but this is the one thing that i actually agree with hmong parents...i'm not saying that girls should be under lock and key but there should be some sort of rules to follow...you wanna pierce more holes in your ear?...fine...you wanna dye your hair?...fine...you wanna get a tattoo?...fine...if you're as good a girl as you claim to be...most parents will understand and get over it and to them you'll still be a good girl...if you're not as good a girl as you claim to be...well, good luck to you!

last night...my brother had some of his friends and their girlfriends over...they stayed up all night drinking...smoking...making a lot of noise...i tried kicking them out so many times that i lost count but the damn people wouldn't leave...dude, they're not kids anymore even if they don't have respect for themselves...atleast have a little respect for the people living in the damn house and the freakin neighbors!...it's 4-5 am in the morning...people are sleeping!...dude, i come home from work at 12-1am in the morning and have to get up early the next morning...i actually want to get SOME sleep!...and the girls...they should've known better than to stay over at a guy's house so late...it's girls like them that i have no freakin respect for...dude, you wanna be a freakin slut and ruin your reputation...go ahead...just don't do it in my house!...i should've just called the damn cops to come and kick them out...and people say parents are too strict!

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i agree with you anti-hmong...

if you're a good girl and your parents trusts you... they wouldn't be so strict or worried about you b/c they know you'll make the right decisions and take care of yourself...

i have a lot more freedom than any of my sisters because my parents can fully trust me... if i ask to go anywhere out of town for a few days... they'll let me b/c they know i won't do stupid things....

as for my sisters... they don't seem to understand this concept and are always going out all the time and staying out late... that causes parents to wonder what you're doing and eventually... they'll trust you less b/c they know you're not telling them the whole truth...

ryuuseius

sarNie Egg
I think that Hmong parent are strict because they still lives in the old day..Where as daugther shouldnt disobey their parents...Even though the world is changing i think its hard for them to adapt to this new american society..though some parents have..but some havent...Another reason i think why they are strict because their scared that their daughter might grow up to be someone they dont want to be...And most important of all for those who are Hmong....We know that our parents dont like to loose "FACE"..because then they will be badly look down by others..so its important that they raise their kids proper and good...At least thats what i think..in my opinion..Ehehe..

ms_gaosong_vang

sarNie Egg
Hmong parents are afraid because then other hmong people will think they have a bad daughter, which makes them look bad for not rasing a good daughter. They just don't want other hmong people talking shit about them.

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
well my dad is not that strict....but my mom is so strict for us...can go no where if she is home...but I still love my parent very much.. ;)

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
Hmong parents are afraid because then other hmong people will think they have a bad daughter, which makes them look bad for not rasing a good daughter. They just don't want other hmong people talking shit about them.
I agree you do have a point there becuase a lot of hmong families tend to talk smack a lot about other families. They are also always comparing their children with other's so I guess you could try to understand why they want you to be miss little perfect. But you know sometimes parents just need to cut you some slack becuase you know you're still young and living life. You should do all the things you want to before you get old and wrinkly and wont get the chance.

@Sunstar: I very agree with you but not all parents are like that especially now mine. I am one of the "Goody" girl in our whooole town MY AGE yet my parents trip over little things that i do such as going shopping with my freinds or jus talking on the phone with them. I understand taht they care and all but sometime they just need to back off and let me have some fun cus I spend every single day of my life at home and babysitting my sister/brother's kids -__-

@Bugsy: I agree with you too. A lot of parents want to save face cus if their daughter give them bad reputation then the family would also get bad reputation so i can see why they dont want you to do bad things and such. but at leas cut their kids some slack and let them have fun. If they are doing something wrong then its time to take action if not then jsut let them be. that is what i think

leek18

sarNie Adult
parents don't listen at all well my parents are ok but my mom is way too far my mom want's to do everything she wants to do every drama that happens in our house was from my mom she make too much problem in the house we the kids didn't even do nothing to her and she just cem peb sawv daws without reasons i don't like my parents at all and i know that it was bad that we don't love our parents but our parents is too stupid and they don't know how to close their mouth my mom also don't know how to close her mouth too when she heard something from somebody. my parents are way too stupid and i don't like them at all yeah for real i don't like them

Super_Sonia

sarNie Egg
In my opinion...I think that parents are strict because they are just looking out for us. When I was young...my parents were super strict...and it's true...a lot of it has to do with the looks...I grew up during the bellbottom stage and I could never wear them because my mom wouldn't allow it....neither would she allow another hair color besides black...I was that HTT girl...sad....but anyhow..I grew up realizing all those clothes didn't even matter to me now...It's because of my parents strictness that kep me from doing all those bad and naughty things...they care so they are strict...As much as I hate it growing up...I know I'm going to do the same for my kids as well...

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
well, i'm not against anyone saying stuff about how strict their parents are..i mean, i'm a child myself and have experience the same thing..but saying that HMONG PARENTS are strict is a little too much. you have to understand that your HMONG PARENTS weren't raised like you..with freedom/money/opportunity...and maybe their parents raised them differently from you...so that is why they are strict..but being strict isn't something bad..