Who Should Pope's Next N'ek Be?

Discussion in 'Thai' started by SuzieJ, May 16, 2018.

1. SuzieJ

SuzieJ sarNie Oldmaid

yeah she had a huge scandal in korea about her fashion line. supposedly she plagiarized some of her designs so she was gone for quite some time after her scandal. now she has been cast in a netflix original drama. She's one of my faves so I'm glad to see her back

2. phatman

phatman POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

Oh wow. I had no idea. Glad she came back. She was very popular during her Gong and Coffee Price days.

SuzieJ likes this.
  3. byebye

byebye sarNie Oldmaid

Yoon Eun Yeh was what got me hooked to K dramas back in the days. She was just perfect in Goong that I do not believe any other actresses can duplicate that role. So no remake please (thai one doesn't count against it).

But she disappeared and went to China for a while. Not sure how successful she is over there but she has a mega fan base in Korea. I am glad that she is coming back but honestly I always pictured her as a character in Goong that I have a hard time seeing her in other roles.

S.J.M and SuzieJ like this.
  4. SuzieJ

SuzieJ sarNie Oldmaid

Goong was what started my asian drama fever. Such a classic! Her Chemistry with Gong Yoo (my ideal type) was too amazing. i wish they could reunite in something but Gong Yoo doesn't do many dramas these days. His recent one with Kim Go Eun was so lovely

S.J.M likes this.
  5. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

Yes, She is coming back in the second half of 2018 and she said the role was very different and new challenge for her that why she accepted the role plus she will be reunite with Joo Sang Wook, so far they only thing i know about the drama is its a mature romance and struggle and betrayal and lies, like i said the summary of the drama is nice (A woman approaches a man under false pretenses. The man falls in love with her.).

yoon eun hye is also combing back with a new drama with Chun Jung-Myung which by the way i adore they look very nice together the summary of the drama is (Cha Woo-Hyun (Chun Jung-Myung) is a dermatologist. He is an attractive man who is popular with women. He meets Yoon Yoo-Jung (Yoon Eun-Hye) who is a popular actress. They get involved in scandal and decide to make a contract. Their contract sets out that they act like they are in love.) meaning love contract, im glad she choose this because she got a few other drama roles about robots and stuff it was horrible.

phatman and SuzieJ like this.
  6. SuzieJ

SuzieJ sarNie Oldmaid

im so happy she didnt choose that weird robot one. when i saw the storyline for her new drama i was so happy cause i love the contract marriage trope plus i like the male lead

S.J.M likes this.
  7. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

she went to china and participated in reality show about designing clothes but during the shows she got in Design Plagiarism Controversy that made a lot Korean angry but lack of response from her agency made the public hate her so much that why she couldn't make a comeback and stayed in china to work but the whole situation was ridiculous a few people made this problem bigger and her agency instead trying to tone down situation and give a proper explanation and apology chose to add fire, almost destroyed her career but still she had to stay away from public for many years.

phatman likes this.
  8. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

You Know what piss me the most in Kdrama world they allowed a few horrible individuals to make a comeback because they are man and the public forgave them so easily while they are still hate yoon eun hye she already gave an apology but still the public still haven't accepted her back it makes me furious to think how they allow those individual to make comeback while they put yoon eun hye and tried to destroy her.

9. SuzieJ

SuzieJ sarNie Oldmaid

me too! there are so many men in the entertainment industry that have done things so much worse than her and they still can act and not get in trouble. it makes me so upset!

phatman and S.J.M like this.
  10. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

Mr sunshine the summary is
    During the United States expedition to Joseon (South Korea) in 1871, a boy from Joseon boards an American warship and goes to America. As an adult, he returns to his home country as an American soldier stationed in the country.
    well first the script is by Kim Eun-Sook which wrote descendant of the sun, goblin, the heirs.....more famous kdrama and korean are brainwashed what ever she write is amazing and will watch but honestly she is way overrated and she is know for putting hugeage difference between the leads.
    generally in the story the lead should have been met during the childhood but it isn't possible when there is exactly 20 year age difference between the actors for me the only logical explanation is that he is the father.
    in the drama he is supposed to be older that Yoo Yeon-Seok they even added mustache to Yoo Yeon-Seok but lets be honest there is more than 10 year age difference between the actors so after the criticism they got they had to edit and change details again.
    There is one good point about the drama which is they have the most beautiful and expansive cinematography ever.
    Finally Im going to leave a few photos for you to judge.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

These are the best Photoshop photo of the drama, he isn't no Gong Yoo who can pull ony roles with any costar.
    He is too old for the lead and its a fact.

11. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

SO may horrible things, yoon eun hye scandal is nothing if we compare her with them if only her agency handled the situation right, Right now those men are making comeback left and right and the army of blind fans who will do anything for their oppa. what upset me most there are so many other talented man waiting to be discover but they wont have the chance because trash.

12. byebye

byebye sarNie Oldmaid

In any industry double standards are always in play. I think if it was a lesser known actress she would have vanished from the industry long ago. But fortunate for her she made a huge name for herself where petty scandal only temporarily yielded her but not totally banished her.

SuzieJ and S.J.M like this.
  13. Rachfull

Rachfull Pope's #1 Mia RAK

:mad::mad::mad:NO CHIPPY :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

phatman likes this.
  14. Rachfull

I hope Chippy gets demoted to supporting for a while so she can learn how to act. And that she STAYS AWAY FROM MY SAMEE

phatman likes this.
  15. Rachfull

#bringbackpopedrag

phatman and S.J.M like this.
  16. Rachfull

What I find strange is that if you do anything wrong in Korea or Asia in general as a celebrity, it'll destroy your career, at least for a while. DUI, plagiarism, cheating, they get into HUGE trouble. In America we're more impressed with our celebrities who HAVEN'T gotten a DUI :risas3: For some reason the American public doesn't seem to care that much about wrongdoing from its celebrities

phatman, SuzieJ and S.J.M like this.
  17. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

Oh dear I’m not talking about those I’m talking about the ugly crimes and the horrible ones those who deserve jail but got away because they are celebrities and have money . I don’t want to spill all the bean.

As for those are cases you mentioned for the man as long you reflect and give applogy they will forgive easily but for the women no matter issues are they will make it to huge scandal even after a long time the public still will give black lashes for those things and remind you.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    phatman and Rachfull like this.
  18. S.J.M

S.J.M Warrior

First he need to make a round with all the beautiful ladies then i will take that couple.
    I want him to reunite with Mint C.

19. Rachfull

I want Popejan first and foremost

S.J.M and phatman like this.
  20. phatman

phatman POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

Ooo. I'm getting excited.

Yoon Eun Hye and CHUN JUNG MYUNG?! I love him too! Omg. Double excited. Haha. Though I'm not a fan of YEH I can tolerate her .

Korean fans are just a little nutty. Hahaha.

He can act and he still looks good, so I don't think he's too old. The issue is finding a girl that's old enough yet good looking enough to match him. Haha. Korean girls don't really age well in my opinion. Anyone born earlier than 1980 just looks waaay old. Hahah. But what do I care I don't even watch him.