who doesn't celebrate xmas?

dfemc

sarNie Adult
xmas has always been more of a personal time for me than a family time. i'm not a person with much of a family, so any holiday is a casual moment in time for me on the whole. but i personally do not celebrate xmas or the holidays, per say. it's not a religious matter or an ethical matter of any kind. certainly not a political statement either. but rather, just simply is another time, another day of the year for me. so yes, i just simply drink, but i do that on any occasions where i can get my hands on a jug of vodka n chambord anyhow.

so does anyone here NOT celebrate xmas? if u don't what do u celebrate, that is if u celebrate at all. if u do, what is it about xmas that makes it so special to u? (yes yes i know the gifts. but besides that.) {too bad my family doesn't believe in gift giving at all, well, i personally prefer gift taking. ^_^ }

Pee

sarNie Elites
LOL :loool:

well for me we dont celebrate xmas either ,
But the 31st december we celebrate New Year and there´s a party with our relatives, we have competitions and then everybody (even the losers) gets a gift ^^

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Pee said:
LOL :loool:

well for me we dont celebrate xmas either ,
But the 31st december we celebrate New Year and there´s a party with our relatives, we have competitions and then everybody (even the losers) gets a gift ^^
[post="56321"][/post]​
niiiiice....are ur competitions like poker nights? ^_^ , that's cool, if i had family, i would do that too.

darvil

sarNie Adult
On Christmas I celebrate the birth of Darvil who is here to save those poor souls who get stuck on internet forums. Pray to Darvil for guidance. :huh:

Muddie Murda

smile...
*lights candle and prays for darvil*

:D

We only celebrate xmas and thanksgiving...

uhh that's all... :D

We celebrate these two cuz they're like family gatherings??
I don't think my mom knows what the history of thanksgiving is or why it's even a holiday haha...she knows that xmas is the day when jesus was born but ehh...she don't care o_O

kitkat

sarNie Elites
ummm... my families and i weren't exactly celebrating the christmas but we do gift-givings and gift-takings without those traditional tree... with all lights on it and the house.. all that..

we only celebrate our chinese and laotian holidays.

natty

Chubs
i'm sorta different.. my nan is christian.. catholic to be exact.. but she's not a total catholic freak.... so when i go home for christmas, we go to midnight mass.. my parents are buddhist but i grew up with nan.. so christmas is about being with your family friends, your love ones.. and it's about going home too.. at least for me..

Twinky

sarNie Elites
I celebrate christmas because I love the freinds and family gathering and the food...it just feels warm and plus I just love to cook..but besides that I love shopping not for myself but for everyone else..I'm wierd I love giving and not receiving..hehe

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
well the 31st is my bday the whole nation celebrates the END OF MY BDAY =*( kinda sad hahah i celebrate christmas because its not a religion .. or anything but it's a good time to share with your family.. it's cosy and we get gifts =)

Pee

sarNie Elites
dfemc said:
niiiiice....are ur competitions like poker nights? ^_^ , that's cool, if i had family, i would do that too.
[post="56583"][/post]​
woot woot how did u know ???? :shocked: well lol yeah sometimes we play poker for fun haha .... What do you mean with if you had a family??? :eek:

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
We don't really do..well if you call celebrating as eating with the fam and exchanging gifts then yeah we celebrate it. :sweat:

The only holiday where we always have to celebrate is Lunar New Year.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I won't be celebrating Christmas this year because I'm broke.. But all the other years from 16 and up.. I've celebrated it because I like gift..And it's fun...My grandparent don't celebrate because they don't like speading money on non-sense.. And about four infant don't literally celebrate it because they don't give present they only take it like the grinch....

knightluva

sarNie Hatchling
My family didn't get to celebrate xmas for the past 2 years. That's cuz we all went on our individual way. I was with my ex-family, my sis was with her bf's family, and my parent went over my relatives house. So this year, we decided to celebrate it back. We got our xmas trees up and lots of gifts under the tree. And we'll be having many relatives coming over and we gunna have cambo hot pot for dinner that day. :)