WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR AS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!!?

WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?

• OBAMA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MCCAIN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

judyp

sarNie Adult
Well about teaching kids in school, I think I would rather have my child (if I ever have children LOL) understand and be educated that there are different people that exist in the world around him/her rather than to shelter him/her from what anti-gay/lesbians claim as evil or sinful (this could be because I'm not Christian so I don't believe in Christian ideals but yeah sorry to get off topic). I think why most people are homophobic is because they've never been around/educated/or exposed to the fact that a group of people who love the same-sex exist hence the crude remarks and discrimination toward gays and lesbians! But that's my personal opinion since I believe everyone in a "free" country should have a right to marry whomever they want regardless of race, ethnicity, age, or sexual orientation. Plus, I honestly don't see any harm in people being gay or lesbian. Most of them have to hide their true identities for fear of not being accepted in their circle of friends or family or community so I don't know I just feel it's not right to totally say you're gay but you can't be with a man you love because the law forbids you to. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want to end up with a gay man who's gay but is hiding in the closet only to find out when we're 70 with dentures and white hair and wrinkly skin that all along he was gay! I'd probably be shocked and my dentures will fall out :lol:.
i personally think it should be the parent's responsibility for teaching their kids about it. i don't want my kids to come home one day and be all confused. i don't think that people are homophobic because they've never been educated. you can receive all the education in the world and still be homophobic..its really the person. i don't want to sound like im anti-gay/lesbian because i am not. i have no issue with gay marriage. i just would rather my kids hear it from me than from others.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
i personally think it should be the parent's responsibility for teaching their kids about it. i don't want my kids to come home one day and be all confused. i don't think that people are homophobic because they've never been educated. you can receive all the education in the world and still be homophobic..its really the person. i don't want to sound like im anti-gay/lesbian because i am not. i have no issue with gay marriage. i just would rather my kids hear it from me than from others.
I'm not talking about formal education but rather educated in the sense that they have been exposed/taught about gay people by those around them. Because yeah I personally know some really educated people with their doctoral degrees that totally are against gays/lesbians because of their upbringing and to me I think the upbringing is what's responsible for the homophobia. But I completely understand your point though because kids do question a lot lol.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
^1st amendment was not put in practice for Prop 8 at all ..

There is no law for it national. So if there is no law for it national then the state gets to decide if they want it or not. If you want something then you have to vote. If people didn't vote (if they could) then they shouldn't complain. We in Wisconsin already banned it (Our state Cecilia). B)

In this election, people were willing to vote for a change agent or someone who was going to take the country into a different but not on conservative principles.

Nai, it is not homophobia but rather what you hold as your value. This can be an endless debate on what it is to be gay. Is it a choice or something you're born with? ETC. ETC. People are not scared nor fear homophobia but it is how they define marriage. Marriage throughout the ages has always been between a man and a woman. Some people believe that that is marriage. Then what is marriage? Endless questions....

Believe me some of us have gay friends and accept them for who they are but marriage is a touchy subject. Most of the religious people believe that marriage is a special and sacred thing. With people marrying for fun, divorce at 50% in the US, etc etc. then people begin to question it.

What I'm trying to say is that not all people are homophobia just because they don't accept gay marriage. But rather it is how they define marriage. B) In everything, you have to look at it from a different point of view. And in this point of time, people are not ready to accept that reality yet.

That is what makes it great in America, You get to vote for what you want and values you hold. Not everyone will agree but that is what most of the people hold. Well majority any way. Just like how the McCain supporters wanted their candidate to win but they must face reality. Reality is that most people took a different direction.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
There is no law for it national. So if there is no law for it national then the state gets to decide if they want it or not. If you want something then you have to vote. If people didn't vote (if they could) then they shouldn't complain. We in Wisconsin already banned it (Our state Cecilia). B)

In this election, people were willing to vote for a change agent or someone who was going to take the country into a different but not on conservative principles.

Nai, it is not homophobia but rather what you hold as your value. This can be an endless debate on what it is to be gay. Is it a choice or something you're born with? ETC. ETC. People are not scared nor fear homophobia but it is how they define marriage. Marriage throughout the ages has always been between a man and a woman. Some people believe that that is marriage. Then what is marriage? Endless questions....

Believe me some of us have gay friends and accept them for who they are but marriage is a touchy subject. Most of the religious people believe that marriage is a special and sacred thing. With people marrying for fun, divorce at 50% in the US, etc etc. then people begin to question it.

What I'm trying to say is that not all people are homophobia just because they don't accept gay marriage. But rather it is how they define marriage. B) In everything, you have to look at it from a different point of view. And in this point of time, people are not ready to accept that reality yet.
Hey CTR, thanks for stating your opinion and I understand where you're coming from. What I'm saying is I personally don't understand why it's such a huge dilemma and how it bothers people other than yeah we ARE socially constructed to believe marriage is between a man and a woman. But do you think its fair for those who are gay and say they do want to get married but the law prohibits them from doing so because of what society believes marriage is supposed to be between? I guess I've just been living in California too long where same sex marriages used to be legal lol. I just feel bad for the gays/lesbians that because of, in large part religious values do come into play, people who are gay are limited in their choices. But then again they can just live together forever and never have to be binded by a marriage license. I still think its homophobia though since they're afraid of gay infiltration lol but that is solely my PERSONAL opinion.

Alright thanks for sharing your guys opinion on this matter. It sure is a sensitive subject like iluvnumandoil says but yeah I think I shared enough of my opinion that you all are bored with me and homophobia lol, time for others to share! So start posting!!! I have to hibernate now so I'll have enough energy to make it to class tomorrow :lol:.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
Hey CTR, thanks for stating your opinion and I understand where you're coming from. What I'm saying is I personally don't understand why it's such a huge dilemma and how it bothers people other than yeah we ARE socially constructed to believe marriage is between a man and a woman. But do you think its fair for those who are gay and say they do want to get married but the law prohibits them from doing so because of what society believes marriage is supposed to be between? I guess I've just been living in California too long where same sex marriages used to be legal lol. I just feel bad for the gays/lesbians that because of, in large part religious values do come into play, people who are gay are limited in their choices. But then again they can just live together forever and never have to be binded by a marriage license. I still think its homophobia though since they're afraid of gay infiltration lol but that is solely my PERSONAL opinion.

I think it is a personal choice on what people believe. I'm not against it or for it but rather let the people decide what it is. Sometimes life is not fair but you have to continue to live with it. It might not be fair but it all depends on how you define marriage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage In everything, you have to look at historical account and what it means to be marry.

Same sex marriage has been legal in California for only a couple of month after the Supreme Court in California legalize it. <_< Do I think there should be Civil Union? Maybe. There are different way of doing it but right now the country is not ready for it. You should read this: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/05/state.laws/index.html

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I think it is a personal choice on what people believe. I'm not against it or for it but rather let the people decide what it is. Sometimes life is not fair but you have to continue to live with it. It might not be fair but it all depends on how you define marriage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage In everything, you have to look at historical account and what it means to be marry.

Same sex marriage has been legal in California for only a couple of month after the Supreme Court in California legalize it. <_< Do I think there should be Civil Union? Maybe. There are different way of doing it but right now the country is not ready for it. You should read this: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/05/state.laws/index.html
I don't think I said anything about what people believe not being personal choice but thanks for the CNN link, I have read it already. Interesting facts in there for those who haven't read it yet. Ok I promised to sleep so I should but once again CTR thanks for the conversation. I now understand the notion of "marriage" more. You bring up great points and I'm glad that you did so people on this forum can view same-sex marriages in different ways. Night ^_^.

cecilia

Staff member
OMG. i didn't know ..
i was not into politic until recently
this is a shock to me ..
thanks for clarifying.

i feel sorry for those that can't marry b/c of this law. :(

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
I think that even if either candidate won, it'd be history. With McCain, it'd be the first time to have a female as a VP, I think...? And with Obama, we'd have the first African American president. At first, I was kind of glad that the guy actually won. My teacher forced us to watch his acceptance speech and McCain's concession speech, I've assumed that she voted for Obama.

After talking to my aunt, however, I'm so shocked at the reasons why Obama was even winning. I'm pro-McCain, but it's too late now. Oh well. Obama seems to be pretty verbose and good at giving speeches, because he did not stutter or mess up at all when he gave his speech, unlike McCain. But McCain gave a very good speech as well.

Anyways, I'm very disappointed after listening to some stuff my aunt showed me online regarding Obama. I'm worried about the future and I hope that the poorer side of the country won't suffer. But, congrats to Obama. I hope that he will be a good president and not let the middle class suffer.

Psh, I had no idea SW was so full of pro-Obama folks. LOLs. I thought everyone was pro-McCain. The folks at my work place were all pro-McCain. Oh well. Let's see how the next four years go. (^__*)

i was moved by mccain's final speech...he showed such merit and the true american spirit by congratulating obama...i applaude mccain for that speech...i thought highly of him for not showing any bitterness whatsoever after the results and by calming down his fans who were "booing" obama's name...i was so amused by that...

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I voted McCain as well..

However, I congratulate Obama and will respect him as the president of the Unites States. I hope he will make those changes he promised. Though I didn't vote for him, I was very moved by how some people cried at his speech. I will give him a chance.. perhaps the next 4 years will be good.

chubs

sarNie Egg
ok now that obama won.. i want to hear everyone's opinion on his chief of staff as well as the economic advisory boards.. did you guys know that 4 of his members were on the fannie may's board before it went down?

noungning

Heartless
obama... yes we can lol :p

wow gosh, haven't been surfing more than the subscribed thread and there's this thread...

i just thought i'd like to add my opinions.

in the sense of the constitution being changed again, after it was just changed to benefit the homosexuals. i feel it's cruel, and like others, thinking what the hell, what century are we in now? after thinking that people will have an open mind... it goes back to the same old bologna...

right sometimes life isn't fair so all should lie on the ground and lift their arms and legs and pout and cry... but that's one thing that u do not have to do, you don't have to live with it and that's why there was even that change, the change in the constitution to make it legal for gays to get married... the only problem is, there are more heterosexuals that pertain their own "beliefs" of what marriage is supposed to be or what it's supposed to symbolize just for themselves.

i don't think it's so much of the country that isn't ready for it, it's the people who are afraid that if these people they think are the odds out of the whole population be given much more spotlight and freedom to do as they want...they'd gain more power and authority. something that they are just as afraid of as what will happen if a black guy is elected president... it goes to so much to the same effect...but...

if the economy isn't where it is, and everything going downhill the way it is... obama wouldn't have won. the truth is, people are just willing to take that risk because they are thinking "what the hell is there to lose"? since it's at its worse right now, how bad can it be if it goes down some more...?

however, the gays/lesbians/transgendered and etc... how can these ppl play a role in our economy? nothing... and so yes, they will not be given that opportunity like this black person, which is made to look as if he's 100% black which he isn't.

marriage to those gay ppl just like others... it's symbolic to them and enabling them to get to another step of their life... why can't it be ok for them to marry? or is it because those heterosexuals are afraid they'd take over all the benefits that were only available to straight ppl? is it really belief? or is it disgust? or is it stupidity? or is it selfishness?

-----

anyway, how do u feel about hilary clinton for secretary of state? B)