Which clan?

candi

sarNie Juvenile
Based on family experience, I wouldn't marry to a Green Hmong guy or to any Vang guy, possibly also not to Yang, Thao, Chang, and Vue. One of my dad's sisters married to a Vang guy. Man, he is the rudest man on this planet. One time when my parents stayed for one night in their place. It wasn't even 5AM, he work up and stumped his feet and demanded for my parents and uncle and aunts to leave as soon as possible. He didn't want them to stay in his place anymore. Stupid man, he isn't rich or handsome or anything, just a rude man. We have not done anything wrong to him. Ever since then, I hate him and have no wish to marry any Vang guy. My dad other sister that married to the Hmong Green guy, man, he is as rude and evil as the Vang guy.

I know my parents wouldn't want us to marry Hmoob Ntsuab los Hmoob Lees because of past experiences.
You shouldnt judge a whole clan based on your experience with one person from that clan. Dont let one bad apple change your whole view on one certain clan. It just shows that you are narrow-minded. Just my thought.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
who said i hate hmoob vaj or hmoob lees or hmoob ntsuab. that's not what i have been saying. i didn't say i hate hmoob vang clan or anything. some people just don't get along with each other. if i choose not to marry a hmoob vaj man, that's my decision or not to marry to a hmoob lees dude, that's also my decision. i don't think anyone on this discussion has said anything about hating about another clan. look, read carefully before you scream out. i didn't say i hate all hmong vang people. i only said that i hate that vang dude that married to my aunt, as an individual person, not referring to the whole clan. as a matter of fact, i had some nice hmoob vaj friends. i had a good friendship with that man's kids.
Hmoob lees, I have no problems with them. They are the same people as hmoob dawb. I just thought it's easier to communicate if marrying to a white hmong family. The question on this topic is not about hating or dissing another clan or anything. Some people just need to stop being childish and realize that this is just a discussion based on opinions.
no actually, you need to refer back to your old post. you specifically said "Based on family experience, I wouldn't marry to a Green Hmong guy or to any Vang guy" so no, you were not thinking about what YOU DECIDED. you were basing it on your families experiences. then you posted based on that ONE VANG GUY. "Ever since then, I hate him and have no wish to marry any Vang guy" You are very immature for being a stereotype based on just one person's experience. Get your facts straight before you try to make another person a victim.

koblo

sarNie Hatchling
Okay, so this has been bugging me. And this isn't a hate thread against any clan, but I was just curious if your parents or relatives tell you to stay away from a certain clan because of past tension, such as one of your relatives married that clan and it didn't work out? I know it's still happens and here and there parents will say stay away from Hmoob (fill in the clan) because of this and that..so do any of you experience this at all...it's difficult because you just want to tell them that whatever happened to your aunt or cousin cannot be applied to you, but they don't understand... For me, my relatives always tell me to stay away from Hmong guys that are Changs and Lors because of relationship tensions....also, to make it worse they always tell me to look for a mate that's Hmong white because whites and greens don't understand each other the same way...it's weird and I try not to be bias but I don't want to disappoint them either...what's your input....just curious and interested in your replies...
All the time. I understand what you are saying. But do not let that stop you from getting to know Hmong people from different clans. Even though my parents tell me to stay from a certain clan, I do not care because everyone is different. It is just our parent's opinions but we can choose not to listen to them and be with those clans.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
When it comes to clans or dialect, my parents are open to it. Just as long as we don't share the same clan's name. Even if they were to have grudges in the past with each other, they say it's up to us kids. At the wedding, they'll then try to resolve the past situation(s).

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
You shouldnt judge a whole clan based on your experience with one person from that clan. Dont let one bad apple change your whole view on one certain clan. It just shows that you are narrow-minded. Just my thought.

yep. totally agree with u. been trying to tell her that this whole time.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
their not racist wat don't u get? plus we live near detroit
they are being racist for disliking african americans. you said they think they are "dirty", and then said "there not being racist". wow, clearly you do not know what racism is. & what does living in detroit have to do with this? just because a majority are african americans? so what, hmong people who live in virginia hate white people because it's the majority? oh, and i was stating "white & green were light green" because probably your friend meant you were a lime because limes tend to be light green.

yea, around my area, there's mostly hmong CHA's, and most of them are like, gangstas and shit...i kick it with mostly hmong cha's and my parents are strict about it...so i guess that's the only reason why, cause they're gangstas...but i see alot of Hmong Cha's go to college, stay in school and get a good ass job...so it's all stereotyping...

bee1210

sarNie Egg
they are being racist for disliking african americans. you said they think they are "dirty", and then said "there not being racist". wow, clearly you do not know what racism is. & what does living in detroit have to do with this? just because a majority are african americans? so what, hmong people who live in virginia hate white people because it's the majority? oh, and i was stating "white & green were light green" because probably your friend meant you were a lime because limes tend to be light green.

well maybe u have to live in our life..............we use to live in fresno california until we moved to michigan..............we got robbed and now my parents r scared and our next door neighbor tend to harass us plus their house was in a terrible shape..............my family moved and after that my parents don't really like african american............and FYI disliking african american does not mean ur racist...........we have our reasons to dislike not HATE...............and the reason my parents think SOME african americans not all are dirty because back in detroit, some tend to smell bad and use A LOT of drugs and smoke.................and lastly i kno wat u meant on the lime thing........just still a little confuse on how u still think my parents r racist...........hopefully this clears up.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
well maybe u have to live in our life..............we use to live in fresno california until we moved to michigan..............we got robbed and now my parents r scared and our next door neighbor tend to harass us plus their house was in a terrible shape..............my family moved and after that my parents don't really like african american............and FYI disliking african american does not mean ur racist...........we have our reasons to dislike not HATE...............and the reason my parents think SOME african americans not all are dirty because back in detroit, some tend to smell bad and use A LOT of drugs and smoke.................and lastly i kno wat u meant on the lime thing........just still a little confuse on how u still think my parents r racist...........hopefully this clears up.
hey hey. i know what you mean and everything about african american. no worries. my family and i were in that situation too. there were hella african american where we live and they would always smoke and other crap and my whole family hated them too. but luckily they moved. I was just trying to see how people on here would react to what i wrote. i'm just playing around with you. hopefully u don't take what i've said to heart cuz i was trying to spice up sarnworld a bit cuz it kinda die down. hopefully everything kool. B)

bee1210

sarNie Egg
hey hey. i know what you mean and everything about african american. no worries. my family and i were in that situation too. there were hella african american where we live and they would always smoke and other crap and my whole family hated them too. but luckily they moved. I was just trying to see how people on here would react to what i wrote. i'm just playing around with you. hopefully u don't take what i've said to heart cuz i was trying to spice up sarnworld a bit cuz it kinda die down. hopefully everything kool. B)

Ahhhh!!!! i see but yea sarnworld is kind of down now....don't worry about it at least ur trying but don't try to over do it.....sometimes there are those people who really and i mean it REALLY take everything to consideration...........i have a friend like that.........she could be annoying at times but its okay

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
Ahhhh!!!! i see but yea sarnworld is kind of down now....don't worry about it at least ur trying but don't try to over do it.....sometimes there are those people who really and i mean it REALLY take everything to consideration...........i have a friend like that.........she could be annoying at times but its okay
yea i agree with u too. i have friends like that and sometimes i just want to tell them to shut the F*@! up. oh well at least we understand each other now.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
I heard a story once that an old hmong lady was walking down the street and saw two big black men. She got scared and ran off. Somehow, she received a basket of flowers from the two big black men. Turned out, the black men were Michael Jordan and Eddie Murphy (can't spell).

I think Hmong parents are just afraid of them because they are big and tall and how they are protrayed in society as bad and scary people. Some of them are bad which I guess it brain-washed our hmong parents that all of them are bad.

bee1210

sarNie Egg
I heard a story once that an old hmong lady was walking down the street and saw two big black men. She got scared and ran off. Somehow, she received a basket of flowers from the two big black men. Turned out, the black men were Michael Jordan and Eddie Murphy (can't spell).

I think Hmong parents are just afraid of them because they are big and tall and how they are protrayed in society as bad and scary people. Some of them are bad which I guess it brain-washed our hmong parents that all of them are bad.
u kno ur right..........parents are like this and they learn from people around them hearing things from others and then think that way..........let me tell that a few years ago during a Hmong New Year celebration me and my sister took a african american friend there and our cousin were cooking for others to eat and saw us with the black person and told my mom that why would she let us hang around with a black person............not just black but anybody that is not hmong..........now later on during the day when everybody was going home, my mom told my sis and me to stay away from african americans and when we ask why she said that they're bad influence on us...................now that im talking about this, I THINK that they discriminate against not just black but white.............my cousin are ok with anybody BUT not their parents...