When We Were Young-Chapter 7 Update

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Yes...give me until mid Sept. I am camping at Chinese drama land right now LOL!!!! Heavy Sweetness Ash Like Frost....Thanks for your patience!!! Pralee and Wynn's relationship will get ferocious once I update.
Yay i can wait ive waited so long... sept is just around the corner.

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
Sorry about getting to this story, it was longer than anticipated, but do enjoy..I kind of need to go back to the drawing board to align the storyline...ll

Chapter 6:

He stared at the amber coloured liquor in his glass. Remembering Pralee's mad dash to escape from him that last night. He wasn't sure why he was so hard on her, realistically what did she do to him? It was really on her sister, but she was currently living her life happily and with no remorse. Pralee was foolish to think she could protect her older sibling. He finished his drink in one swallow. But still that didn't numb him from the pain he received from the past. If Pralee wanted to take her sister's place then he will obliged.

Pralee sat looking at her family, they chatted cheerfully not knowing her turmoil inside. Wynn wanted revenge, and she was the scapegoat for his release. He texted her late at night for her to meet him at work. She must return or he will not take it easy on her older sister. She wasn't looking forward to Monday, to go back and be at his beck and call.
She didn't know who to turn to, she did blame herself always over the years about not mentioning her role as a witness for Wynn, in the alleged assault on her sister that fateful night. But then who was it? Why was that perpetrator left to roam free? She wanted to get to the bottom of this, for her sake and Wynn's as well. And the only person who may know the answer would be her very own sister. Pralee didn't know how to ask her sister to relive her nightmare.

Monday came too soon for Pralee, she entered the building and proceeded to go to her office. She arrived early so that she didn't have to explain her resignation and now rehire. No one was in yet, so she sighed of relief but that was not before she saw Wynn waiting for her. His tall and broad stance in the doorway continue to cause her heart to skp a bit. He was always this handsome and age was on his side. But his cruelty was nothing to be proud of. The only thing she could continue to do was appease him and help relieve his need for vengeance. It would be so nice to erase what happened in the past but that was life, you should learn to deal with it and move on. Happily and peacefully.

Wynn looked at Pralee, her eyes full of weariness at him. He wasn't such a tyrant, he wanted her to be close to him and truthfully she was one of the best assistant he had ever had, he didn't want to make it personal but here they were. She put away her items and proceeded to walk towards him, he couldn't help but noticed her clenched fist. Why? Did she really think he was going to physically attack her? He smirked, let her think that. Don't let her underestimate him.

"Always a model employee, come early and stay late. Pralee you are indeed the best. Now review my calendar and make sure we don't miss anything important for this week." he informed her and turned around shutting his office door and leaving her alone.

Pralee eyes opened wide, just like that. Back to the norm and business as usual. She re-focused and proceeded to do as he asked. The day flew by quickly and the week was ending soon, she rarely had a moment to stress about Wynn's plot for vengeance. Overthinking this she was even more scared to know what was really brewing under that cool demeanor of his. So far he's been calm and professional with her. Her colleagues didn't even pester her about her absence. They didn't even know she had even resigned.
That was a relief because she literally wouldn't know how to respond if they did ask her.

alissaax

Sorry about getting to this story, it was longer than anticipated, but do enjoy..I kind of need to go back to the drawing board to align the storyline...ll

Chapter 6:

He stared at the amber coloured liquor in his glass. Remembering Pralee's mad dash to escape from him that last night. He wasn't sure why he was so hard on her, realistically what did she do to him? It was really on her sister, but she was currently living her life happily and with no remorse. Pralee was foolish to think she could protect her older sibling. He finished his drink in one swallow. But still that didn't numb him from the pain he received from the past. If Pralee wanted to take her sister's place then he will obliged.

Pralee sat looking at her family, they chatted cheerfully not knowing her turmoil inside. Wynn wanted revenge, and she was the scapegoat for his release. He texted her late at night for her to meet him at work. She must return or he will not take it easy on her older sister. She wasn't looking forward to Monday, to go back and be at his beck and call.
She didn't know who to turn to, she did blame herself always over the years about not mentioning her role as a witness for Wynn, in the alleged assault on her sister that fateful night. But then who was it? Why was that perpetrator left to roam free? She wanted to get to the bottom of this, for her sake and Wynn's as well. And the only person who may know the answer would be her very own sister. Pralee didn't know how to ask her sister to relive her nightmare.

Monday came too soon for Pralee, she entered the building and proceeded to go to her office. She arrived early so that she didn't have to explain her resignation and now rehire. No one was in yet, so she sighed of relief but that was not before she saw Wynn waiting for her. His tall and broad stance in the doorway continue to cause her heart to skp a bit. He was always this handsome and age was on his side. But his cruelty was nothing to be proud of. The only thing she could continue to do was appease him and help relieve his need for vengeance. It would be so nice to erase what happened in the past but that was life, you should learn to deal with it and move on. Happily and peacefully.

Wynn looked at Pralee, her eyes full of weariness at him. He wasn't such a tyrant, he wanted her to be close to him and truthfully she was one of the best assistant he had ever had, he didn't want to make it personal but here they were. She put away her items and proceeded to walk towards him, he couldn't help but noticed her clenched fist. Why? Did she really think he was going to physically attack her? He smirked, let her think that. Don't let her underestimate him.

"Always a model employee, come early and stay late. Pralee you are indeed the best. Now review my calendar and make sure we don't miss anything important for this week." he informed her and turned around shutting his office door and leaving her alone.

Pralee eyes opened wide, just like that. Back to the norm and business as usual. She re-focused and proceeded to do as he asked. The day flew by quickly and the week was ending soon, she rarely had a moment to stress about Wynn's plot for vengeance. Overthinking this she was even more scared to know what was really brewing under that cool demeanor of his. So far he's been calm and professional with her. Her colleagues didn't even pester her about her absence. They didn't even know she had even resigned.
That was a relief because she literally wouldn't know how to respond if they did ask her.
Omgggggggggg youre back!!! Thankyou!!!!!! :icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12:

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 7

Lost in her thoughts she hadn't realized Allen was watching her. He was the new VP of sales who started this week as he made his way around with Wynn introducing himself. The men were university buddies oversea. All the single ladies were swooning over him as he was both charming and very handsome. Pralee snapped out of it to give him a smile. It was home time. Allen asked if she wanted to join him and his new team for after hour drinks. She was a little hesitant as she was worried Wynn would be there to answer him but Allen assured her the boss had other engagement to tend to. She was relieved and it has been a while since she was able to chill and relax around people in this company. He smiled again and laughed not understanding how Wynn was so strict with his new assistant. Wynn was always calm and respectful to the other ones and the women fawned over him. Pralee was a very beautiful woman. He thought to get to know her better as she was exactly his type and he wasn't getting any younger to consider settling down. Although when he approached Wynn for some advice his friend glared at him. She was off limits. That was a telling affirmation as Wynn was never as possessive over his other woman at the least his personal assistant. As they continue to make idle talk Pralee appreciated the great sense of humour Allen had. She teased him as to why he was still single but Wynn approached them and caught her teasing as she finished her sentence. He hid his scowl but she noticed.

He only turned to her to announce, "I forgot to inform you that you are needed to attend to me this evening."

He watched her reaction. Normally he wouldn't need anyone to take minutes but seeing her flirting with his friend Wynn didn't want Allen to get hurt. If she was anything like her sister. He was here to make sure history difn't repeat itself.

Pralee didn't respobd as she knew that the tone he used with her didn't warrant a no for an answer. She excused herself from the men to collect some items to do her last minute work for her boss.

Allen watched her body language changed when Wynn came.

"What is that you have against the poor girl. I thought your function was personal. How is she asked to be at your beck and call?" He asked.

"It is and it is none of your business. Have a good time with your new team. I will catch up with you tomorrow on the green" replying casually to Allen.

Allen shook his head and left the office. There was something unusual between the two of them. He hoped Wynn wasn't crossing boundary between work and personal.

Wynn waited for Pralee. She was taking her time. He exclaimed, "If you are not hungry at least consider that I am. Today was so busy that I didn't take a meal break"

Pralee followed him to his vehicle. Thinking why was it her problem that he was starving? He opened the door to let her in. She quietly thanked him. She had to still be amicable. Very worried what tonight's event was going to bring.

Last edited:

alissaax

Chapter 7

Lost in her thoughts she hadn't realized Allen was watching her. He was the new VP of sales who started this week as he made his way around with Wynn introducing himself. The men were university buddies oversea. All the single ladies were swooning over him as he was both charming and very handsome. Pralee snapped out of it to give him a smile. It was home time. Allen asked if she wanted to join him and his new team for after hour drinks. She was a little hesitant as she was worried Wynn would be there to answer him but Allen assured her the boss had other engagement to tend to. She was relieved and it has been a while since she was able to chill and relax around people in this company. He smiled again and laughed not understanding how Wynn was so strict with his new assistant. Wynn was always calm and respectful to the other ones and the women fawned over him. Pralee was a very beautiful woman. He thought to get to know her better as she was exactly his type and he wasn't getting any younger to consider settling down. Although when he approached Wynn for some advice his friend glared at him. She was off limits. That was a telling affirmation as Wynn was never as possessive over his other woman at the least his personal assistant. As they continue to make idle talk Pralee appreciated the great sense of humour Allen had. She teased him as to why he was still single but Wynn approached them and caught her teasing as she finished her sentence. He hid his scowl but she noticed.

"I forgot to inform you that you are needed to attend me on this evening."
Thankyou! Its been so long.