when is the lao new year in LA?

shubby

sarNie Adult
can someone please tell me when is the lao new year party in LA?? i would like to go..but don't know when?? thank you......

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
shubby said:
can someone please tell me when is the lao new year party in LA?? i would like to go..but don't know when?? thank you......
[post="70053"][/post]​
if you are talking about laos new year in louisiana...well it starts on Good Friday which is on April 14 and ends on Easter Sunday April 16.... :D

shubby

sarNie Adult
thank you ketusd...when is the actual date for the pageant?? i would like to go there...and plus i'm out of town...thank you for the info....

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
It is in April...i think the acutal day its suppose to start (like in Laos) is April 13. But in the states, they always do it that whole weekend. In Chicago, pagents are usually that Saturday and then party afterwards.

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
shubby said:
thank you ketusd...when is the actual date for the pageant??  i would like to go there...and plus i'm out of town...thank you for the info....
[post="70455"][/post]​
the pageant is on friday nite april 14... :D

che3ri0s

sarNie Egg
yea laos new year is always on Good Friday in LA. the pageant is always on a Friday...the parade is always on a Saturday....oh yea from what i hear....the pageant might be outside this year because they didnt rent the place in time. it's been booked. So that means, we'll be celebrating friday and saturday night at the temple. no worries....there's a stage that has been built....and hopefully enuff tables for people to sit on. BE SURE TO help support the temple if anyone attends!!!

linky

sarNie Hatchling
i'll try to attend this time. i missed it last year in LA because i thought they did it on the exact date, but instead it was a week before the actual date...Now i know, so will definitely make it...

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
hello everyone..... :D
i didn't want to start a new topic so imma ask this question here :) , but it does pretain to lao new year in louisiana... i feel weird asking this question here, but i see that there is quite a few lao people in here so i decided to ask anyways :) ...

I just wanted to know if anyone is coming to lao new year in louisiana this year (April 14-16, 2006) and is a female between the ages of 16-22 and is interested or knows anyone who is interested in being in the louisiana lao new year nang sonkhon (pageant)?... wow.. huh? anyways i really want to know because what i'm trying to do is trying to get more people from out-the state of louisiana to come and celebrate with us (promoting i guess), and what a better way than having someone come compete in the nang sonkhon pageant with a bunch of supporters... :D ... so if anyone is interested plz reply back or if you need more information just pm with your questions... :D

shubby

sarNie Adult
ketusd said:
hey ketusa..how about me..i would love too. but i'm 27 tho...will it be ok?? lolx..i will be there this year...so maybe you can show me around?? thank you..i'm still new to this thing...

hello everyone..... :D
i didn't want to start a new topic so imma ask this question here :) , but it does pretain to lao new year in louisiana... i feel weird asking this question here, but i see that there is quite a few lao people in here so i decided to ask anyways :) ...

I just wanted to know if anyone is coming to lao new year in louisiana this year (April 14-16, 2006) and is a female between the ages of 16-22 and is interested or knows anyone who is interested in being in the louisiana lao new year nang sonkhon (pageant)?... wow.. huh? anyways i really want to know because what i'm trying to do is trying to get more people from out-the state of louisiana to come and celebrate with us (promoting i guess), and what a better way than having someone come compete in the nang sonkhon pageant with a bunch of supporters... :D ... so if anyone is interested plz reply back or if you need more information just pm with your questions... :D
[post="83625"][/post]​

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
shubby,
sure, why not ... :lol: ... is this your first time coming to a lao new year in louisiana? sure i'll show you around and hopefully it will be a very fun and happy experience for you :)

p.s. if you need any information plz ask away.... :D

arissa

sarNie Elites
My uncle went to the new year in Louisiana last year..and he said it was a blast....He will be going again this year...I have never been to a new year there before...but I would love to go.....does anyone have any pictures of the new year from the previous years...????

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
here are some pictures from lao new year 2005 in louisiana ( not the best quality because my little cousins took the pictures sowwie... ;) )

shubby

sarNie Adult
wowow, very nice picture...thanks for sharing, i would love to go there this year...woowow...

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
sowwie for posting this again.....
well i just wanted to post it again just to see if anyone was interested or know someone who is..... :D :D

hello everyone.....
i didn't want to start a new topic so imma ask this question here , but it does pretain to lao new year in louisiana... i feel weird asking this question here, but i see that there is quite a few lao people in here so i decided to ask anyways ...

I just wanted to know if anyone is coming to lao new year in louisiana this year (April 14-16, 2006) and is a female between the ages of 16-22 and is interested or knows anyone who is interested in being in the louisiana lao new year nang sonkhon (pageant)?... wow.. huh? anyways i really want to know because what i'm trying to do is trying to get more people from out-the state of louisiana to come and celebrate with us (promoting i guess), and what a better way than having someone come compete in the nang sonkhon pageant with a bunch of supporters... ... so if anyone is interested plz reply back or if you need more information just pm with your questions...

saobomp

sarNie Adult
hey everyone. wondering if anyone's from TN? i'm planning to go to the lao new year in mc'boro april 14th weekend. wondering if anyone here wants to meet up? i had fun last year so i'm going back there pluse to visit some friends and family.