What's your top 5 thai actress???

P

PrincessKarina

Lolzzz...Mine changes all the time too, but here the last 2:
Taew
Mai (her acting isn't reach my goad, but I love her beautiful face/body shape. Ployc C is great too.
Aw thanks for finishing your list! :)

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
If you were to ask me who are my all time favorites Thai actresses then they would have to be Preeyanuch Panpradap, Ann Siriam, Mew Lalita, Kob Suvanant and Nune Woranuch. If you were to ask me about the standouts of this generation, then my judgement would be based on a combination of overall likeabilty and acting skills.

1. Matt Peeranee - She's one of those actresses where I can watch and enjoy all of her lakorns regardless of the storyline, production or cast because at the end of the day, I'm guaranteed that Matt will deliver a worthwhile performance. Just when you think she's shown you everything she's got, she proves you wrong in a newer project where her acting versatility transcends onto a whole other level. Whether its rom com, comedy, revenge, romance, period she can play it all effortlessly. She doesn't allow her halfcaste features or somewhat edgy mean vibe get in the way of her delivery. What separates her from other actresses is that she's the one of the rare people who makes each and every role she's entrusted with uniquely different from each other, even when they are similar enough to have an overlap while equally making them memorable. When she's acting, you no longer see any traces of the real Matt Peeraneee or her previous characters but you see the character she's currently portraying. When she's conveying emotions of anger or devastation, she's not going to twitch her eyes, move her eyebrows constantly or flare her nose like a nut job. She understands what it means to be subtle, to make an impact without going overboard. That's what makes her such a great actress with the abilities beyond her years because really, it takes a lot of understanding, skill and talent to accomplish all of that. Upon watching, she can give off a bit of a cold vibe but she has that natural ability to draw you in and make you as a viewer warm up to her on screen. On a personal level, I love her straightforward, no fuss attitude. She says things how it is without sugarcoating and doesn't allow her status as an actress to get to her head, something I greatly appreciate amongst the many people with huge egos in this industry.

2. Sammy Cowell - I regard Sammy as the Ch 7 version of Matt who is a freakin chameleon in both beauty and capabilities. She tackles every single project with confidence and determination which is evident every time she graces the television screen. The most distinctive quality about Sammy's acting is her crying abilities. When she cries, you're immediately connected and emotionally invested into her character and feel the pain she is going through. The way she cries as say Praeploy, the tough and close off bodyguard who craves love and affection from BGS is different from the way she cries as Pin/Piraya from FRGR, a confident and ambitious woman. The way she cries in FRGR when she discovers that her mom is mentally unstable is different from the way she cries during the confrontation scenes with Dr. Non. Sammy knows what it means to emote in accordance to the situation, context and character background which is something to be rarely seen from anyone of this generation. You don't have to look beautiful and flawless to be considered a good crier but you have to make the connection to the role you're playing and the viewers who are watching. Sammy excels at that which alone makes her one of the top people in my book. I adore both girls equally but Matt has a slight edge in terms of versatility, particularly the way she plays in comedies which is why I ranked her a little higher on the scale.

3. Bella Ranee - It’s only natural that Bella comes as a close third favorite since I feel that she also possesses similar adaptability and skills as the other two just not as refined due to less experience. There’s just something about her acting that is really endearing. Maybe it’s the classiness and elegance of her body language, movement and delivery of speech. Maybe it's her cultured appearance or perhaps it's a combination of both. Whether she's playing as a partial n'rai, as a prim and proper woman or as an energetic spoiled brat, she always maintains this likeable quality. A lot of actresses are freakin annoying whenever they play confident and bratty or they're just painful to watch as the nang aek jao nam-dta because they're so dull and bland. Miss Bella has her way of being entertaining without coming off as overwhelming or boring. She has a good balance to her and and just enough sass to keep you on the edge of your seat.

4. Pooklook Fonthip - Boy oh boy, this girl has sure come along with in her journey of becoming a good actress. She started off on terrible footing but through hard work and perseverance, she's sharpened her skills to become a multi-talented, multidimensional actress. When she plays fiddle to other actresses or shares the screen time, she has the charisma to stand strong in her own light. Each line she delivers is full of conviction and each movement is emotional and provoking. There's something about her where all of her character portrayals are quite unforgettable. I can watch a good actress in some work but a few months or years down the road, you could ask me about that lakorn again and I wouldn't remember a single thing. However with Pooklook, I could likely tell you a very distinct moment, scene or line from her lakorns which I think is a testament on how good she is at her craft. It takes a good actress to execute her role well but it takes an even greater actress to go beyond that level and make her acting impactful in the long term.

5. Now Tisanart/Preaw Tusaneeya - I have a hard time deciding between these two because I like both and think they're pretty comparable in their capabilities. Now is beautiful and enchanting who can play a variety of roles. Contrary to some Thai viewers who think she's pretty but lacks charisma, I find that her whole package to be very promising. She has the alluring beauty to standout in period and modern outfits, a nice, soothing voice and pleasant speaking voice, flexibility in her body language and this sweet genuine quality to her that guides her into succeeding in all her works. However, due to the scripts that Ch7 gives her, she hasn't had the right opportunity to give off more energy into her acting so while I think she's really good, she hasn't been pushed to her fullest potential just yet and that's not her fault but the elders for restricting her. Preaw is just as talented where she can transform herself to being mischievous, playful, confident to just straight up b*tchy where you either want to be pals with her or you want to strangle her because she's that into character. Both girls have been in many remakes but Preaw is good at portraying characters in her own style which makes her measurable to the original. While I think Now needs a little more energy, one of Preaw's weaknesses is overacting a little bit. It's fine in Plerng Pranang and Kom Payabaht as the character calls for overdramatic and exaggeration but it would be even better if she can learn to work on toning it down a degree or two.

P

PrincessKarina

If you were to ask me who are my all time favorites Thai actresses then they would have to be Preeyanuch Panpradap, Ann Siriam, Mew Lalita, Kob Suvanant and Nune Woranuch. If you were to ask me about the standouts of this generation, then my judgement would be based on a combination of overall likeabilty and acting skills.

1. Matt Peeranee - She's one of those actresses where I can watch and enjoy all of her lakorns regardless of the storyline, production or cast because at the end of the day, I'm guaranteed that Matt will deliver a worthwhile performance. Just when you think she's shown you everything she's got, she proves you wrong in a newer project where her acting versatility transcends onto a whole other level. Whether its rom com, comedy, revenge, romance, period she can play it all effortlessly. She doesn't allow her halfcaste features or somewhat edgy mean vibe get in the way of her delivery. What separates her from other actresses is that she's the one of the rare people who makes each and every role she's entrusted with uniquely different from each other, even when they are similar enough to have an overlap while equally making them memorable. When she's acting, you no longer see any traces of the real Matt Peeraneee or her previous characters but you see the character she's currently portraying. When she's conveying emotions of anger or devastation, she's not going to twitch her eyes, move her eyebrows constantly or flare her nose like a nut job. She understands what it means to be subtle, to make an impact without going overboard. That's what makes her such a great actress with the abilities beyond her years because really, it takes a lot of understanding, skill and talent to accomplish all of that. Upon watching, she can give off a bit of a cold vibe but she has that natural ability to draw you in and make you as a viewer warm up to her on screen. On a personal level, I love her straightforward, no fuss attitude. She says things how it is without sugarcoating and doesn't allow her status as an actress to get to her head, something I greatly appreciate amongst the many people with huge egos in this industry.

2. Sammy Cowell - I regard Sammy as the Ch 7 version of Matt who is a freakin chameleon in both beauty and capabilities. She tackles every single project with confidence and determination which is evident every time she graces the television screen. The most distinctive quality about Sammy's acting is her crying abilities. When she cries, you're immediately connected and emotionally invested into her character and feel the pain she is going through. The way she cries as say Praeploy, the tough and close off bodyguard who craves love and affection from BGS is different from the way she cries as Pin/Piraya from FRGR, a confident and ambitious woman. The way she cries in FRGR when she discovers that her mom is mentally unstable is different from the way she cries during the confrontation scenes with Dr. Non. Sammy knows what it means to emote in accordance to the situation, context and character background which is something to be rarely seen from anyone of this generation. You don't have to look beautiful and flawless to be considered a good crier but you have to make the connection to the role you're playing and the viewers who are watching. Sammy excels at that which alone makes her one of the top people in my book. I adore both girls equally but Matt has a slight edge in terms of versatility, particularly the way she plays in comedies which is why I ranked her a little higher on the scale.

3. Bella Ranee - It’s only natural that Bella comes as a close third favorite since I feel that she also possesses similar adaptability and skills as the other two just not as refined due to less experience. There’s just something about her acting that is really endearing. Maybe it’s the classiness and elegance of her body language, movement and delivery of speech. Maybe it's her cultured appearance or perhaps it's a combination of both. Whether she's playing as a partial n'rai, as a prim and proper woman or as an energetic spoiled brat, she always maintains this likeable quality. A lot of actresses are freakin annoying whenever they play confident and bratty or they're just painful to watch as the nang aek jao nam-dta because they're so dull and bland. Miss Bella has her way of being entertaining without coming off as overwhelming or boring. She has a good balance to her and and just enough sass to keep you on the edge of your seat.

4. Pooklook Fonthip - Boy oh boy, this girl has sure come along with in her journey of becoming a good actress. She started off on terrible footing but through hard work and perseverance, she's sharpened her skills to become a multi-talented, multidimensional actress. When she plays fiddle to other actresses or shares the screen time, she has the charisma to stand strong in her own light. Each line she delivers is full of conviction and each movement is emotional and provoking. There's something about her where all of her character portrayals are quite unforgettable. I can watch a good actress in some work but a few months or years down the road, you could ask me about that lakorn again and I wouldn't remember a single thing. However with Pooklook, I could likely tell you a very distinct moment, scene or line from her lakorns which I think is a testament on how good she is at her craft. It takes a good actress to execute her role well but it takes an even greater actress to go beyond that level and make her acting impactful in the long term.

5. Now Tisanart/Preaw Tusaneeya - I have a hard time deciding between these two because I like both and think they're pretty comparable in their capabilities. Now is beautiful and enchanting who can play a variety of roles. Contrary to some Thai viewers who think she's pretty but lacks charisma, I find that her whole package to be very promising. She has the alluring beauty to standout in period and modern outfits, a nice, soothing voice and pleasant speaking voice, flexibility in her body language and this sweet genuine quality to her that guides her into succeeding in all her works. However, due to the scripts that Ch7 gives her, she hasn't had the right opportunity to give off more energy into her acting so while I think she's really good, she hasn't been pushed to her fullest potential just yet and that's not her fault but the elders for restricting her. Preaw is just as talented where she can transform herself to being mischievous, playful, confident to just straight up b*tchy where you either want to be pals with her or you want to strangle her because she's that into character. Both girls have been in many remakes but Preaw is good at portraying characters in her own style which makes her measurable to the original. While I think Now needs a little more energy, one of Preaw's weaknesses is overacting a little bit. It's fine in Plerng Pranang and Kom Payabaht as the character calls for overdramatic and exaggeration but it would be even better if she can learn to work on toning it down a degree or two.
Wow very informative. You for one doesn't have a "common" list. I admire you for that! Many put down Yaya or Kim. Lol :p

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid

OMG !! I love your picks. I sooo love it. Except for Bella and maybe Praew I am all in about everyone else.

Thai folks really said that about my queen Now ? CH7 SLEPT ON JEWEL ? THEY CAN FIGHT ME MAN !

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Haha I've always been the odd one with a differing opinion from the majority of viewers. I definitely understand the hype and appeal around both Yaya and Kim so there's no surprise on how much attention they gather. However, others also deserve some lovin as well :) At the end of the day, everyone is talented in their own way, just depends on what each individual values as a lakorn viewer that determines their popularity.

Yes Preetam, there's been recent threads on Pantip where people are questioning why Now's been in so many lakorns yet she still hasn't had her moment. Others who entered the industry later than her like Bow is even surpassing her in terms of popularity and even Stephany is being promoted more with better projects. Some people be saying it's because she has no charsima, only a pretty face who can't deliver lol. Of course I disagree but I think what these fans are failing to recognize is that the executives are giving her shitty lakorns. No one can really shine when the role, script and production is not forgiving enough to give the actresses some flexibility. How are you suppose to improve when you're given the same prim and proper characters consistently? One can only do so much and putting that into consideration, I think Now has been doing a fine job at showing how dynamic she is so far.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Wow very informative. You for one doesn't have a "common" list. I admire you for that! Many put down Yaya or Kim. Lol :p
What yaya showed in KC is very very promising. I did not put her in my list because I only have KC as a testament of Yaya being more than an overhyped starlet while the others have been killing it for centuries now.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@patesserie, who is PreeyanuchPanprada? Any picture? I totally agree with your list! Ch7 needs to give Now better lakorns though. I want to see her in a slap kiss lakorn, but just not with New. Lol

P

PrincessKarina

What yaya showed in KC is very very promising. I did not put her in my list because I only have KC as a testament of Yaya being more than an overhyped starlet while the others have been killing it for centuries now.
Aw right down to the point. Cool! :)

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Haha I've always been the odd one with a differing opinion from the majority of viewers. I definitely understand the hype and appeal around both Yaya and Kim so there's no surprise on how much attention they gather. However, others also deserve some lovin as well :) At the end of the day, everyone is talented in their own way, just depends on what each individual values as a lakorn viewer that determines their popularity.

Yes Preetam, there's been recent threads on Pantip where people are questioning why Now's been in so many lakorns yet she still hasn't had her moment. Others who entered the industry later than her like Bow is even surpassing her in terms of popularity and even Stephany is being promoted more with better projects. Some people be saying it's because she has no charsima, only a pretty face who can't deliver lol. Of course I disagree but I think what these fans are failing to recognize is that the executives are giving her shitty lakorns. No one can really shine when the role, script and production is not forgiving enough to give the actresses some flexibility. How are you suppose to improve when you're given the same prim and proper characters consistently? One can only do so much and putting that into consideration, I think Now has been doing a fine job at showing how dynamic she is so far.
I totally agree about Now. In Kularb Len Fai Now completly buried Stephany at the sexy/sensual game ! Ch7 are doing the same mistake they did with Chompoo -even I think Chompoo is a dead eyed mediocre actress but still she blew up with ch3- by not promoting her properly at all and I don't know why ? When you are not among the elders favourite for whatever reason it is extremly difficult to shine cause you get the shitty projects with the not so hot actors to pair ! Look at Matt situation @ ch3 this girl is them jewel who has got EVERYTHING that make an actress shine but look at her popularity there. Even Matt situation is not a s bad as Now, Matt has been underestimated popularitywise. Thank God Matt has got Khun Nok and TV scene behind her and supporting her cause they know she is no joke. Even the way her lakorn with Andrew got treated by Ch3 shows that the elders did not believe in this lakorn and her and Andrew. Now I guess the nice surprise is the lakorn is pleasant and get good feedbacks and people praise her acting and pairing with Andrew (he well described her as an actress who made him open himself more). So this is now she get paired with the hottest actor of ch3 Nadech -even I am not a fan I have to admit it- in a bigger project ! Sorry for the long post but just to stress how being an elder favourite plays a lot. Look how Ch7 is trying to hype Peak so hard now or even New Wongsakorn who keep getting hot projects when he's past his prime. Unfortunately his acting is still so mediocre so he can't shine.
I think Yaya is growing. She impressed me in KC, Kim overacts a lot. BH was terrible.
There is another actress we don't talk a lot but has been delivering her roles too, this is Tubtim. She is not the typical starlet girl you put on every mag like the likes of Mai davika but girl has got good gravita and played various characters. Sadly people underestimate her a lot.

Last edited:

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
@patesserie, who is PreeyanuchPanprada? Any picture? I totally agree with your list! Ch7 needs to give Now better lakorns though. I want to see her in a slap kiss lakorn, but just not with New. Lol
555, I choked on my coffee at the comment about New. I think most fans agree that they want to see Now in a raeng role like in Kulap Len Fai without the same kind of stupid storyline AND with someone like Weir or Cee. She was good at being the revengeful and seductress woman so it makes sense to give her something even more complex, not something that she's already done 4x. She renewed her contract last year for another 5 years? I think it was 5 so let's see what their plans are for her. Oh and Preeyanuch is Ah Too's wife, the actress who played Kob's mom in Dao Prassook, Jao Nang Sekkratevi in Plerng Pranang, and the in the original Mia Luang with Sam as the first wife and the mistress in the original Nam Sor Sai with Saranyoo.

I've always said that Yaya has potential. She's in a similar position where she's not receiving the most challenging roles but I bet anything that if 1. she strays away from P'Num and Paajaew's repetitive directing style and works with someone along the lines of P'Mai, P'Chu, P'Off, P'Oh or one of the more pickier directors along 2. is given a good storyline and role where she's not on a farm wearing overalls 3. not working with people she's comfortable with meaning no Nadech, GG, Noey, Nutwara or anyone else she's collborated with and I guarantee that she will surprise the fans with the unexpected. She just needs a little extra push in the right direction. Ugh don't get me started on Peak. The girl is not close to being sexy at all, I have no darn clue why Ch7 is so keen on promoting her all a sudden. I don't even want to think what is going on BTS for that to happen lol. Tubtim is good but sadly, she's stuck with Dida and Kantana all the time. The way I see things, even if Matt or the girls I like are not as favored by the elders (with the exception for Now), I'm thankful that they're not restricted or being put on a pedestal for popularity. If you compare their profiles, Matt has a more diverse profile in terms of co-stars, productions and roles so it's more fun for us as viewers to see something new from her. As for Kim, she needs to switch with Yaya, work with P'Mam and take on a more prim and proper character. That would probably help her to understand two key concepts: subtleness and balance.

Last edited:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
555, I choked on my coffee at the comment about New. I think most fans agree that they want to see Now in a raeng role like in Kulap Len Fai without the same kind of stupid storyline AND with someone like Weir or Cee. She was good at being the revengeful and seductress woman so it makes sense to give her something even more complex, not something that she's already done 4x. She renewed her contract last year for another 5 years? I think it was 5 so let's see what their plans are for her. Oh and Preeyanuch is Ah Too's wife, the actress who played Kob's mom in Dao Prassook, Jao Nang Sekkratevi in Plerng Pranang, and the in the original Mia Luang with Sam as the first wife and the mistress in the original Nam Sor Sai with Saranyoo.

I've always said that Yaya has potential. She's in a similar position where she's not receiving the most challenging roles but I bet anything that if 1. she strays away from P'Num and Paajaew's repetitive directing style and works with someone along the lines of P'Mai, P'Chu, P'Off, P'Oh or one of the more pickier directors along 2. is given a good storyline and role where she's not on a farm wearing overalls 3. not working with people she's comfortable with meaning no Nadech, GG, Noey, Nutwara or anyone else she's collborated with and I guarantee that she will surprise the fans with the unexpected. She just needs a little extra push in the right direction. Ugh don't get me started on Peak. The girl is not close to being sexy at all, I have no darn clue why Ch7 is so keen on promoting her all a sudden. I don't even want to think what is going on BTS for that to happen lol. Tubtim is good but sadly, she's stuck with Dida and Kantana all the time. The way I see things, even if Matt or the girls I like are not as favored by the elders (with the exception for Now), I'm thankful that they're not restricted or being put on a pedestal for popularity. If you compare their profiles, Matt has a more diverse profile in terms of co-stars, productions and roles so it's more fun for us as viewers to see something new from her. As for Kim, she needs to switch with Yaya, work with P'Mam and take on a more prim and proper character. That would probably help her to understand two key concepts: subtleness and balance.
Preach it ! I hope Now lakorn with Om and Sai Lohit will be good for her own sake

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@patesserie, Thanks! I love watching Preeyanuch back then. I always thought she was so pretty. She always in a more serious lakorns. I don't think I ever seen her in comedy. Haha, I don't know what ch7 see in New. He's just not lead material or appealing, imo. Just because New/Now are dating, they shouldn't pair them up that much. They really need to promote Now before she goes off to a different channel while she's still young.

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
@preetam I'm also praying that both lakorns will have a decent turn out. I won't have high expectations because well it's hard to measure up to Kob/Noom and Ann/Oh's version in any viewers mind and the productions behind them are a hit or miss but I have a small hope that Now will be able to showcase more of her versatility.

@Koy123 I don't think I've seen her in comedy either but yes Preeyanuch was super gorgeous back in the days. She's probably one of the most classiest actresses I've ever come across who has such a strong aura. Everything from the way she walk and talks is done with so much grace and poise that even when she plays the Mia Noi, you can't help but sympathize with her. She's always been one of my favorites to watch when I was younger and even years later, I'm still going back to rewatch all her lakorns.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think Matt is in a unique situation. She isn't super famous as the others but she is getting opportunities than most. She has been giving lakorns to show her talent and not type cast. She has a chance to be in comedies (Rome/Film) crazy in Kularb rai, prim and proper (Ka Badin) raeng (FLF) plus some more of her other lakorns. She spread her wings in many directions and that's a blessing for her.

The most popular ones are actually stuck in certain roles...while Matt has gathered great experiences and knowledge along the way. She has a natural presence on screen that can not be taught. It's either you have it or you don't. Like in MKLFF, she made Yothaka stands on her own even if the role is similar to a couple of her others. I love that she doesn't blend in her characters but she makes us believe in the character she portrays. Each one is different and unique just as she is as an actress.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I'm straight up be reading the last page like :

- It's fascinating reading about how the industry works. Where people who can barely do the bare minimum get promoted like they're the next Meryl Streep or something whilst those who are naturally gifted and have proven time & time again that they're good get shafted.
- My Top 5 favorite actresses seems to always change, the only two that I infinitely love & vouch for are Ann.Thongprasom & Matt.Peranee

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
My list changes all the time. Today it could be this and tomorrow it could be any random actress that I find out about. I basically chose these actresses specifically because their acting is wonderful, not overacting, and believable. They each have their own style of acting and I just happen to like it.

1. Kimberly
2. Pooklook
3. Bella
4. Mild Wiraporn
5. Ja Jittapa