What's your best known favorite hmong movie?

mia07

Introvert
I have too many, but most of them are really old movies though. Herr's Video, Muas Lis, and Tsab Npis have very good movies. Tsab Npis movies are good because it relates to reality. One of my favorites from his is Niam Nkauj Txhav Qaib.

cecilia

Staff member
I love NEEG LUB NEEJ part 2 more than part one :wub: - b/c of the storyline -- i don't like mother in law not getting with daughter in law b/c of differences (not my type of lakorn especially when p'ek doesn't support n'ek too).

I LOVE LOVE BLAUM LWJ BLAUM LIAM .. one of Xab's best work!

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I thought Neeg Lub Neej part 1 was much better in terms of quality and editing. I agree that part 2 had a better storyline, however, the acting wasn't as great. Regardless, I love them both.

My favorite part in Part 2 was at the party when Koob Meej saw Paaj Nyag and Maly Vue's "Mob Mob Lub Siab" played in the background. And then the camera zoomed in on Koob Meej's face...sniff sniff.

Another favorite part is after the party when Paaj Nyag woke up to find drunk Yej Khais sleeping next to her and she hit him twice. The way he said "Ooouch!" LOL! I love it! I get excited whenever Yej khais grabs Paaj Nyag's hand.

Now part 1...the beginning was just so romantic for a Hmong movie, especially when they had their mini vacation. Nkauj Ntsum is a wonderful actress. Tub Tuam's acting was better in here too. Even Maiv Mim was good LOL!

mia07

Introvert
Forgot that I had Neeg Lub Neej part 1 on VHS so was watching it the other day. From what I heard, the lady that plays Tub Tuam's mom is my cousin's husband's sister - they look so alike, too. LOL. I really like Kev Hlub Nyob Qhov Twg as well. Remember parts and parts. Sadly, no copies of the movie.

Mae

sarNie Adult
My favorites were made in the early to mid 90s..

Kev Hlub Nyob Qhov Twg: Tswv Yim & Nkauj Hli
Hlub Tsis Yooj Yim: Tub Ntxawg & Paj Ntsaim
Tsis Tsim Nyob Ua Neeg: Xyoob & Sua
Neeg Lub Neej: Tub Tuam & Nkauj Ntsum
Koj Muaj Kuv Pluag: Xyoob & Paj Nyiaj
Vaj Yim Leej: Vaj & Paj Huab
Lub Neej Ntsuag: the one with Cua Yaj and Zuag Vaj..not sure if this is the title..but it's the one where they're orphans..

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
my favorite hmong movie is, hmm, i'm not really a big fan of hmong movies, but i used to like one, forgot what it was called. i used to like Npaj Thaub thiab Noog Nuv. oh yeah, the saddest ET movie that i loved was Tsis Muaj Chaws Cog Siav. i cried so much on that one.