What's the best antivirus?

swtanne

can anyone help me please, I just download AVG Free Edition b/c my norton one expired, but I have not idea how to use it..so does it automotically run in the background like Norton? and if I scan my comp. with it and if it detect a virus, does the program automatically repair it or do I need to press something? please help anyone, I've been getting weird problems with my comp. lately

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
swtanne said:
can anyone help me please, I just download AVG Free Edition b/c my norton one expired, but I have not idea how to use it..so does it automotically run in the background like Norton? and if I scan my comp. with it and if it detect a virus, does the program automatically repair it or do I need to press something? please help anyone, I've been getting weird problems with my comp. lately
[post="86275"][/post]​

Try this site and it will tell you everything that is on your computer then you can figure if it's spyware or virus...it removes most viruses that it detects...except spyware and dialers and hackers...

It's totally free

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm

lillk2

sarNie Egg
This is kind of stupid b/c I'm so technologically-challenged but...can you get a virus from just downloading something from Megaload before you get a chance to run a virus scan on the file you downloaded? Thanks!!!

darvil

sarNie Adult
lillk2 said:
This is kind of stupid b/c I'm so technologically-challenged but...can you get a virus from just downloading something from Megaload before you get a chance to run a virus scan on the file you downloaded? Thanks!!!
[post="136798"][/post]​
If someone is malicious they can put a virus on the file so you'll get it when you download a file. But this kind of problem isn't very common. I really don't see someone wasting their time trying to infect lakorn watcher.

Anything is possible of course. But we're trying to look at the probability here. There is always the chance of getting into an accident if you're driving on the road (hence browsing the net) but how possible is that if you're driving on a safe country road? but of course if you're driving in an unsafe zone there's a good chance u'll get infected (accident).

Most viruses makers are interested in finding the best method to spread their creations. They won't bother tapping into small markets like the lakorn watchers/asian tv series.

You get most viruses by going on p2p programs and downloading stuff like cracks and illegal software/warez. There is also alot of viruses on shady areas of IRC like dalnet for example.

I don't think you should be concern with getting viruses of videos unless of course you're getting it from a shady source.

Oh yea also most people like to blame their computer problems on things like this. They don't think about the time they went to a "crack" site but instead tried to blame it on something insignificant.

Last of all if you download something from say "kazaa" you will not automatically get infected. The way to get infected is if you "run" otherwise known as "double clicking" on the file. So I could download a million files which I know are viruses but as long as I don't run any of it (put them in a folder).. it'll be fine.

Anyway this is probably more then you wanted to know. :lmao:

Twinky

sarNie Elites
[/b]dynomite
HIGHLY RECOMMEND AVAST! for those of you who venture into the realms where protection is very important.

I'm a very promiscious web surfer. 5555

So if you want something good... I give it 5 daaws (stars).

Until it lets me down... I'm promoting them.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
Thank you soo much dynomite for sharing this link. I been using this new antivirus for over 3 weeks and so far I'm loving it..it searches through my whole computer...especially when my other damn antivirus program failed on me....yes this program is highly recommended..

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
No worries... I'm glad it's working for you.

If you ever think you'll enter the computer field, just remember it's hard to make money when everyone just hacks, steals, and cracks commerical software.

So when you ever make any income and can show your appreciation... try to give back to them. They do deserve it.

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling

^I keep on getting these annoying pop ups even if im not using the internet...does this mean i have a virus/spyware? i really don't know the difference between the two. they're just annoying me...oh oh and there's the pop sound (kind of like Donkey in Shrek) that sounds every so often and this just happend today....help?!?!??!!!!

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling

^I keep on getting these annoying pop ups even if im not using the internet...does this mean i have a virus/spyware? i really don't know the difference between the two. they're just annoying me...oh oh and there's the pop sound (kind of like Donkey in Shrek) that sounds every so often and this just happend today....help?!?!??!!!!

HEEEELP!! My sister is desperate and I feel for her as she is getting that same kind of pop-up your getting. Her computer system keeps on popping up a warning window that tells her she has some black door trojan virus that allows a remote hijacker to control her internet transactions. Shes been getting a lot of non-stop random pop-ups where it makes her unable to go online since it lags, but the pop-up doesnt seem to have any problems popping up. I've installed and ran avast on her computer and couldn't believe she had so many adwares, viruses, spywares, over 300 of them listed. However the problem just keeps persisting and the pop-up continues with the same warning window that pops up saying she has a spyware/adware that is putting her computer at high risk. I can barly download avast since what ever it is is slowing her computer down so I had to download the software on mine and use a usb to transfer it to her computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jenn

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
:eek: I have run into the same problems as you two ^ today. Hopefully someone can help us find a way to get rid of it. :(

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i use antivir, avast is not as good. kapersky is the best if you want to pay.
1)you must have a firewall like zone alarm for example
2)mode sans échec, désactiver la restauration
3)where is your virus?
4)use anti spyware like ad, spybot and clean your computer with ccleaner
5)scan with hijack!

shattered soul

sarNie Elites
Darvil can u reupload the hijack and Cwshredder again please......and do u have any spyware/malware program to share? cuz my computer start to have some weir thing........thanks

pfff virues don't scare me.. I used to install them on my computer to see what would happen :lol:

Here is another program that I like to use called Hijack This. Thsi program gets rid of the annoying problem of your browser changing its homepage randomly. MAKE sure you close all your browser and other running programs before doing this. Once you are done.. copy and paste all the things it find and post it here.. UNLESS you know which processes look *suspcious* and kill them. I don't know all the processes but some of them are pretty obvious.

smilealways06

sarNie Adult
how long does your antivirus program last? My seem to last about a year and it's kind of making my computer slow...anyone know if there's any program that can last long enough and don't need to update or buy a new one or is there any program that don't need to renew again?