What's for Dinner?

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
My friend made dinner today, asparagus creamed soup, pineapple glazed salmon with butternut and quinoa and a strawberry basil panna cotta. It was sooo good. I think he is a keeper lol.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
sarN said:
marriage is so 1800's . now a day we marry to FB/IG  :dance1:
LOl no kidding. Yesterday as he was cooking and talking, i was fbing and on ig lol.

Today is detox day. Smoothie for breakfast, smoothie for lunch and smoothie for dinner.m

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Had pho for lunch with spring rolls and three color beans. Snack was just doritos. Then another snack was some more noodles with bunch of peppers lol. Dinner kids wanted pizza so had cheese pizza with them 3 slices. I am so full but this time of the month my metabolism is working overdrive so no matter what I eat...I don't gain weight

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Breakfast was, eggs, bacon and cheese on bioche (I think that's the spelling) another way of calling soft bread lol. Didn't eat lunch because on the plane. Late lunch buffet...really pig out. Dinner vermicelli with fish sauce and lots of peppers.

cecilia

Staff member
I made salt & pepper prawns for my family for lunch lol 

Don't know what I want for dinner yet ... will have to think about it during the 3 hours drive home lol

Step

Mrs James Ma
Today's dinner is white rice, veg curry, omlette and sabzi (cooked vegetables with spices and seasoned) 

cecilia

Staff member
I love veggie curry .. especially square and zucchini .. yum!

I have egg roll, cabbage soup, and broil chicken .. no rice lol

Step

Mrs James Ma
They are Indian dish. Masala dosa is a fermented crepe and is purely South Indian dish. it's made from rice batter and lentils. (Rice and lentils are soaked, grinded and let it ferment naturally by leaving it overnight. Next day you add salt, mix and ladle it on a hot griddle, grease it with oil/ghee). When it's roasted, it can be folded into any shape. Served with sides like Chutney (there are many varieties, for dosa, it's coconut or mint chutney), Potato sabzi, sambhar.

There are more than 100 varieties of dosa too. The crispy and thin dosa is called masala dosa, liked by everyone, it was originated in Karnataka (Udupi district). 
Masala Dosa

Chutney

Potato sabzi/bhaji

Sambhar

To make it easy to eat, all the sides are filled and rolled like this and cut into pieces.

Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Ooo that sounds good. What is it?

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh my god so that is what it is! I had that in Calcutta once but never knew what it was called!!!!!! It was so good!!!!!! Thank you!!

Tonight it is a shrimp vindaloo kind of night.