What Religion?

What religious belief are spreading faster today?

• A. Christian

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • B.Buddhist

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 3.Islamic

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 4.Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5.Others

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 6.Don't know and Don't Care!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
According to the most recent issue of National Geographic. Buddhist is the number leading religious that's spreading rapily. It is also being accepted by many ethnic groups other then Asian. In Washington D.C there is a medition center where other decent could listen to the teach in English...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
wow, i did not know that, but i'm definitely not surprised. the "eastern" culture and philosophy has become orientalized and exoticized once again. i have always thought that the islamic faith was among one of the biggest congregations of believers in the world. this is interesting to know, and search out more about. i guess it's always ever-changing, as ppl's minds and thoughts continue to evolve.

tang071

sarNie Elites
i'm buddhist. don't know how i got into it though, i guess through my parents? i dunno it seems that this religion is kinda based on one's own karma? i dunno its kinda scary to me how your life is based on what you did in the past and in the future. i mean how do u know to stay good, i mean you could have accidently killed someone unintentionaly, felt bad about it, prayed for them but you might be the product of the same action you did in the past but in the future. make sense? reincarnation scares me cuz what if you dont want to be reborn but just rather die and become an angel or merely decompose? like its scary cuz then if you constantly reborn then you might have to die of the super nova in like 5 million years from now....
i dunno, i find this religion confusing at times bc it doesnt seem to be constructed with rules and regulations. i mean is there a book like a bible? it also seems that buddhism is different from buddhism in india, china, japan, etc. i guess its good that way and i know that the whole vatican council thing is too strict as well with other religions. don't muslims have to pray 5 times a day toward some place and take a pilgrimage? i dunno i cant even tell north. and in sekism, followers of that religion cant cut their hair and bare their legs. i have a friend thats muslim and she doesnt abide by the rules and another is sek and follows strictly.
i guess i have to go to the wat more often in the us cuz all this private all girls catholic school for hmm 12 years already is confusing me with my religion.
if i worded anything incorrectly or inaccurately, i'm sorry.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
tang071 said:
i'm buddhist. don't know how i got into it though, i guess through my parents? i dunno it seems that this religion is kinda based on one's own karma? i dunno its kinda scary to me how your life is based on what you did in the past and in the future. i mean how do u know to stay good, i mean you could have accidently killed someone unintentionaly, felt bad about it, prayed for them but you might be the product of the same action you did in the past but in the future. make sense? reincarnation scares me cuz what if you dont want to be reborn but just rather die and become an angel or merely decompose? like its scary cuz then if you constantly reborn then you might have to die of the super nova in like 5 million years from now....
i dunno, i find this religion confusing at times bc it doesnt seem to be constructed with rules and regulations. i mean is there a book like a bible? it also seems that buddhism is different from buddhism in india, china, japan, etc. i guess its good that way and i know that the whole vatican council thing is too strict as well with other religions. don't muslims have to pray 5 times a day toward some place and take a pilgrimage? i dunno i cant even tell north. and in sekism, followers of that religion cant cut their hair and bare their legs. i have a friend thats muslim and she doesnt abide by the rules and another is sek and follows strictly.
i guess i have to go to the wat more often in the us cuz all this private all girls catholic school for hmm 12 years already is confusing me with my religion.
if i worded anything incorrectly or inaccurately, i'm sorry.
[post="54956"][/post]​
There's no bible or book about the teaching.. But there are these things call "BaiLon". Too me Buddhist is hard to understand just like any other religious. But I think one of the most peaceful religion there is. There are many type of Buddhist in thing world. For example in the Southeast Asia.. There are two type.. MaharNeeGuy and Tommayout..But one things that they have the same is "PEACE IN YOU MIND".

darvil

sarNie Adult
Still undecided.. and will be for some time.

Unless a hot girl can convince me to switch to her religion. :p

Rakniran

oh gosh,seem like i'm the only christian in here.I guess i will be the only one going to heaven ,when the rest of you will have to re born again until u are done with your stage then I will see you in heaven too.

I hope GOd is more nice in heaven to be me then ,while i'm here in planet earth.He is pretty mean to me sometime,during my time in Earth...When i get to heaven.I will have to sit down and have a long talk with him about my life.He have alot of explaining to do to me.I'm pretty mad at him.

sunisa

I'm Buddhist!All my family members and relatives are Buddhist.I guess I like and worship Buddha because the religion always seem so peaceful to me.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
yay! too bad there's no scientologist .. =) i believe in science .. but i also believe in good morals and good deeds and all that good stuff..

lola

sarNie Egg
hmm...i don't know which religion is the most widespread. but i guess i do now.

personally, i'm an agnostic. i've switched between aetheism and many other religions so many times throughout the course of my life. n trust me, it's been a long life so far. however, i am very much like KT, a big believer in science. but science is not my god. similar to KT and i'm sure many of u, i do believe in all those other factors: ie. deeds and morals, as well, except that they're my own set of morals.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
im Muslim and my religion is Islam.

FYI: our "GOD" is the SAME GOD worshipped by the Jews and Christians (accept for the concept that Jesus is God....thats historically corrupted, thanx to Paul)

anyway....someone said my religion and some others are strict? i think u need to put urself in their position to actually get a good feel of what they actually do for their faith instead of coming to the conclusion that its strict from looking at the outside of it.

i thought islam was a pretty lame religion but after EXTENSIVE research and actually taking part in it, i learned alot and made me change my mind about it. not only did i research about Islam only, but i searched christianity and judaism,since all three are Abrahamic religions, where Abraham was the father and starter of monotheism.

science is a part of Islam. our holy book mentions how the universe came to be and it talks about the development of the human embryo of how long the stage is and what takes place and other scientific stuff, which has been proven recently to be true.

i found that amazing that 1400 yrs ago, ppl knew these things of science just from our holy book, which is from God, or so we believe so.

lola

sarNie Egg
Amira said:
science is a part of Islam. our holy book mentions how the universe came to be and it talks about the development of the human embryo of how long the stage is and what takes place and other scientific stuff, which has been proven recently to be true.

i found that amazing that 1400 yrs ago, ppl knew these things of science just from our holy book, which is from God, or so we believe so.
[post="55403"][/post]​
oh amira, u better edit ur post quick, because u double posted...do it while no one's looking ;)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
lola said:
oh amira, u better edit ur post quick, because u double posted...do it while no one's looking ;)
[post="55404"][/post]​
hahah tOO LATE! i edit it for her .. i'll let her slide ahhah

Kina

Dubsteppin'
wth...that is soooooooo weird..that was unintentional bcz...i was separatley typing the science part. that's frikkin weird, dawg.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
Amira said:
wth...that is soooooooo weird..that was unintentional bcz...i was separatley typing the science part. that's frikkin weird, dawg.
[post="55411"][/post]​
its okay .. i knew that would've been the case .. =)

natty

Chubs
i think any religion that teaches good, is an ok religion to me.. one thing i really dont like is religions that bashes other religions and say "if you dont follow and believe, you will go to hell".. well i'm not a rebel but i sure dont like people telling me that i will go to hell cus i dont believe in the same higher being you believe in... i mean it's one thing to say "if you do bad such as murder, adultery, stealing, ect, you will go to hell" but to tell a monk who does nothing but good all his life that he will go to hell because he worship idols? this is me -----> :rolleyes: "so hell is where i'm going"

but anyways.. i've always thought islam would be the fastest growing religion.. but i guess more and more people like this idea of "karma" and seem to understand why life is the way it is by the explaination of karma..

Kina

Dubsteppin'
karma is a concept made up by the indian guy. suppose he was never born...people wouldnt be so psyched about it...well thats the way i think of it, respectively. without him (or if he was never born), there would be no concept of karma right?

point is..it is man made. we're all human beings and each and one of us can come up with some kind of spiritual/life concept the way he did. there's no back up to that concept either bcz there are no proofs.

and like natty said.......its so wrong for ppl to tell other ppl of different faith that theyre goin to hell, and its mainly the christians (for the most) who are prosilatizing (sp?)...which is evidential through history.

one time...i was walking to the lib at my college. i stopped at the restroom and this girl was like....looking at me sharply in a rude way, maybe bcz i have my scarf. then she said..."r u interested in accepting Jesus?" i kindly answered her with a smile and said "no thank you." and she frowned and said "well u no that ur going to hell if u dont right? i mean im not being mean but im just telling u for ur own good" and then i siad (i wanted to laugh at her too) "thnx for telling me. i do accept jesus but not as god. u have a nice day." and i walked off.

bitch i no urs and my religion pretty good. no need to tell me shit like that. better learn ur history cuz ur priests been molesting lil boys for centuries.---my thought while i walked out.

so in conclusion...dont tell ppl theyre goin ta hell--pretending ur all caring. better take kare of urself b4 u take kare of others.

thats all............

ok...i got kinda heated thinking about that. she wasnt right for saying that shit. at LEAST she could have said it nicely but noooooooo.... she wanted to start something with me. dum bitch.

sorri for that whole rant.

tata