What nationality is everyone????

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Wow, I thought I'd already left my mark here o_O must've forgotten! 
My family is from Laos. My mother's side is part Thai.
I was born in Thailand but raised in America.
I speak Thai & Lao fluently. I can also read a little in both languages, more so in Lao. (Thai & Lao language + writing is similar)
I've been to Laos twice & only had layovers in Thailand.

:dance2:

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
thatsouthernasianchick said:
Ha. I'm a bit more confusing. Well, I'm American, born and bred in the States.
My family are of Chinese/Thai/Laotian descent but moved to Cambodia and later to the States.
So I'm half Chinese, 25% Thai, and 25% Laotian. The thing is I am somewhat fluent in Khmer and of course, English. Learned Thai, Lao and Chinese growing up and forgot Chinese along the way. But I am able to comprehend in: English, French, Khmer, Lao, Thai and Mandarin Chinese.
Omg, I'm so jealous of you. You know so many languages.

I was born in Cambodia, 3/4 cambodian and 1/4 chinese . Moved to Amercia, and only speak English and Khmer.

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
I am Hmong but a hmong girl who only understand hmong but read hmong but only in basic languages not off the the professional side. I know how to speak somewhat of Thai but I can't read or write it!!!! I gotten thai words from lakorns and thanks god for giving me a dad who has finished highschool in Thailand so he is helping me with my thai. I was born in Thailand, moved to America when I was 4. Then I stayed in America and didn't go back to Thailand, but I hope I get to go visit one day.

RukTurMotJai

sarNie Hatchling
It's so cool to see everybody's mixture of ethnicities. As for me, I'm just Laotian. Born, raised, and currently living in America. I can speak Lao, Thai, and English of course, but can't read nor write Lao or Thai.

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
hehe hmong 100% knows somewhat of Thai from lakorns and english is my second language hehe

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
My ethnicity is Lao, born in US so nationality is American. I can understand and speak Lao and Thai fluently, no reading or writing. English is definitely my daily language since I reside in the US. And also speak Spanish (due to my mixed children) and American Sign Language, just another extra language to teach my kids.

Gloriawongpuapan

C’est La Vie
I am Hmong, but I'm in love with thai actor Ken Theeradej Wongpuapan.... So I changed my last name to Wongpuapan for my usernames. Lol. My real name is Gloria Yang. I'm born in the U.S. I speak Hmong, I'd say 70% fluently, and English. My parents can speak Hmong, Thai, and English. Sadly, I can't speak Thai.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm 100% Filipino. Currently here in the Philippines. Fluent in Filipino and English, I only knew Basic Mandarin due to school requirement. Can only understand basic Thai phrases due to watching lakorns. I visited Thailand when I was in 2nd year college(2012) as part of an educational tour. That time I only knew Mario Maurer and Baifern because they are popular here and their movie was aired here. Then on Instagram I discovered other Thai celebrities and I started following them and liking related pages on Facebook (and even fanclubs, TV networks and anyone/anything related to Thai ET) and from that I became a fan of Thai lakorns and celebs. I still rely on subtitles/translations in order to understand Thai.

Lizabetha

Miss KimBarry ❤
I'm not Asian at all. I'm French. It was chance that led me to discover the lakorns (Japanese drama of Detective Conan). I was born and raised in France but I travel a lot during the holidays around the world. So I can get to know different cultures. I speak French but I'm comfortable with English, Italian and a little less with Spanish. I understand 70% of the Arabic language but I still have great difficulty reading and writing it. I have a few notions of Korean and Japanese. By dint of watching lakorns, I begin to understand the Thai without subtitles. But my parents are against the idea that I learn this language and don't see what is the use of learning this. So they did not hire personal teacher to learn me Thai... :( Instead, they want me to learn Chinese but it seems more difficult :confused:

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I'm not Asian at all. I'm French. It was chance that led me to discover the lakorns (Japanese drama of Detective Conan). I was born and raised in France but I travel a lot during the holidays around the world. So I can get to know different cultures. I speak French but I'm comfortable with English, Italian and a little less with Spanish. I understand 70% of the Arabic language but I still have great difficulty reading and writing it. I have a few notions of Korean and Japanese. By dint of watching lakorns, I begin to understand the Thai without subtitles. But my parents are against the idea that I learn this language and don't see what is the use of learning this. So they did not hire personal teacher to learn me Thai... :( Instead, they want me to learn Chinese but it seems more difficult :confused:
Wow thats so cool! I wish my parents would hire a personal teacher for a language!

Tigrafr

sarNie Hatchling
I'm French :) (With Spanish & Italian origin) but love the Asian culture and series from these country (and also some other country)

HyeSoo

sarNie Hatchling
Oh, oh, oh I'm here, too! I'm Italian with Italian origin and I know Italian :pancarta: I understand French a little (I learnt it at school) and I can speak English, or at least I think so :risas3: I love Asian culture and I hope to visit each asian country of my heart in the future :love:

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
I'm Hmong but born in America!!! Proud to be too, because Hmong dubbed dramas brought me to lakorns. Does it count if I can speak and know Thai??? *The affects of watching too much Thai lakorns*

awesomeMustaches

sarNie Hatchling
I'm Filipino and like most Filipinos we aren't purely of Filipino blood, I am of Spanish, Italian, and Chinese descent. I live in the Philippines, but I travel a lot, usually to the US and Thailand. I'm fluent in English and Tagalog, I know enough to understand conversational Thai but I can't read or write, and I'm learning Mandarin for school (it is such a pain in the ass). I've been watching lakorns since 2009 or 2010, when my sister and mom went to Thailand without me, my sister got hooked so we started watching together. After that, we've been going to Thailand almost every year and we've made friends there.

p3pci

sarNie Hatchling
I'm Cambodian/Chinese. I love different cultures and learning about their history. My bucketlist is to learn more languages. I want to learn: Thai, Mandarin, and French.