What kind of childhood fears did you have??

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
:wacko: hahaha... I just noticed that all of my beliefs, had to do with food>> maybe they were just telling my ass not to eat!

WHAT U THINK?

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^ you're not the only one... I've had my share of food beliefs too. I remember an adult told me to stop eating too much of something or I'll have some trees grow inside me!!! Or don't drink this or that cause it will shake your heart and stunt your growth!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Oooh i got one. I use to believe that if you swallowed a watermelon seed, it will grow inside of you. :loool:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Oooh i got one. I use to believe that if you swallowed a watermelon seed, it will grow inside of you. :loool:
Scared the shit out of me but after watching the Magic School Bus I got over it. LMAO I love the Magic School Bus- very educational. LOL but that was like so back in the days.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Scared the shit out of me but after watching the Magic School Bus I got over it. LMAO I love the Magic School Bus- very educational. LOL but that was like so back in the days.
lol. I watched the rugrats when i was younger & that scared me when they had the watermelon seed episode. :lol:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
When I was younger.. I was always the brave one, compared to my sister who is scared of everything.. she made me go to the bathroom with her...

But now, I think its just in my mind.. like if I'm walking to my car after class, and I think oh I better be careful, I would psych myself out, and then its like I'm hearing footsteps behind me or something, so i walk faster, and I got keys in between my fingers just in case.

--Ooh Yeah.. i'm afraid of ROACHES, big and small. I've only seen small ones, until I moved to Texas, and I find out they are humongous and they fly<<< Creepy
~~~ my aunt made me cry, cause she caught it, and was walking towards me. She freaked me out.

(I getting the willies just thinking about it)

--I'm afraid of heights too. I can't go past the 2nd or 3rd step of a ladder. When I'm on a step stool, you could see the steps moving and shaking, cause I can't control my legs.

--And CLOWNS.. there is nothing cute about them, their face is scary!!! Thanks alot "IT". That is why, I don't like to walk next to the sewers and drains cause I think something is gonna drag me in.. and besides, if its not clowns, there can be alligators down there. Halloween is just around the corner, and you know there are gonna be people dressed up like them..

as for beliefs: my grandpa told me to never eat in the dark, because spirits are eating with you!!! Yuppers!!
- If you eat laying down, in your next life your gonna become an alligator.
- if your really full, and your stomach hurts. take a really big spoon and scrape your stomach, like your scooping it out..<<I personally thinks this work, cause I did it all the time when i was younger.
-I think this is just a khmer belief: but if you pee in your bed a lot! You go into the kitchen and pray>> Cha Kran Euy! Cha Kran They!
lol omg..suelig..the part bout sleep eating ..i just had to share this...and i guess this is one of the REAL reason why not to do it....shes 3yrs old..i guess she was lazy or something or sleepy but hungry..cause she doesnt eat rice and when she does shes very picky but anywho..she was laying down eating this peanut butter cracker thing..and i dont know how the heck she held that cracker but a few pieces prolly fell into her eyes..and boy she did..got up in a quickness..yelling...and after that she didnt wanna eat them crackers no more..."a well learned lesson"...* not to sound mean..i told her not to lay down and eat..i even pull that you will become an alligator too...lol yep khmer folks..(*it was my niece btw...)

LOL you watched IT too eh...that movie scared the krap out of me..but i found it was very stupid at the end!...wth...

oh btw how do you pronounced that last word?...cha kran euy, cha kran... i know...
but what what that very last word? "they" dey as in dirt? or what was it? lol

hahah i am very afraid of heights..i remember one yr..while putting up the damn christmas lights..my dad wanted to hang the lights from the roof..but the ladder wasnt high enough..so he ask me or someone to go up and tries to catch the cord..ghetto style too lmao..oh and stupid me volunteer..wth was i thinking????....i went up the stairs..and crawl onto the roof...but what do you know as soon i got up there..and crawl a few steps...i frozed on the roof...i couldnt move..i also realized how thin that damn roof was..i can basically see thru the tiles or whatever the heck they used to built that roof..so i was up there yelling for my dad..to help me...lmao...it was stupid ..and i was not that young neither btw :lol: i can laugh now..but back then it was no laughing matter..i could have shiatted in my pants......!!!

Edit: so many typos..i was in a rush to type that lol...

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
hahaha.. isn't it the truth.. when you go up.. ur fearless and fast too. Then you realize what you just did, and you freak out, cause your up so high..

i'll double check about they or dey though..

And this is so MOnster's Inc.. but I can't sleep if the doors in my room are open, especially the closet, because that the room to the attic..

i'm afraid something is gonna pop out at me and say hello.. hahaha

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
My mom used to tell me that if i eat the watermelon seeds they will grow in my stomach

My dad told me that if i whistle at night that attracts ghosts i think? <--I still believe it..>w<

My parents told me that if i slept with make-up on, then a ghost will be attracted to me at night when i'm like sleeping or something?
iono lol but it's pretty creepy

My parents also told me that becuase I'm a girl and if I hang out with only guys then I will grow a tail.

LOL how dumb we were as kids.....well how dumb I was as a kid lmao XD

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
My parents also told me that becuase I'm a girl and if I hang out with only guys then I will grow a tail.
MY mom use to tell me stories of when she was a kid that her dad, my grandpa, would tell her not to touch boys because she might get pregnant..

I think that is old school tactics of abstinance..hahaha

oh btw how do you pronounced that last word?...cha kran euy, cha kran... i know...
but what what that very last word? "they" dey as in dirt? or what was it? lol
I asked my parents and they said it was "they", but its just a word to make it rhyme...
but that the actual verse is Cha Kran Euy, Som Ran They! <<meaning GO to sleep..

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
My mom used to tell me that if i eat the watermelon seeds they will grow in my stomach

My dad told me that if i whistle at night that attracts ghosts i think? <--I still believe it..>w<

My parents told me that if i slept with make-up on, then a ghost will be attracted to me at night when i'm like sleeping or something?
iono lol but it's pretty creepy

LOL i think i heard of something like that too..

my parents used to say a girl shouldnt whistle cause shes trying to attracts boys..

and not to sing in the kitchen esp when youre washing the dishes or cooking...mean you will end up with a widow.. something like that if you are a girl you will marry a guy with kids..lol i still believe it til this day lmao but i still do it..oh well..he could be a nice guy for all i know! it also means he must know how to cook to be able to raise them kids... :lol:

MY mom use to tell me stories of when she was a kid that her dad, my grandpa, would tell her not to touch boys because she might get pregnant..

I think that is old school tactics of abstinance..hahaha

I asked my parents and they said it was "they", but its just a word to make it rhyme...
but that the actual verse is Cha Kran Euy, Som Ran They! <<meaning GO to sleep..

oh so that word "they" means GO? *tov? lol..i was all trying to pronounced it.. k next time my lil niece pees in bed..i will make her try it.. :lol:

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I used to be afraid of cats. When I was little, my parents used to scare me with a cat's meow so that I won't wonder into our room by myself. Well, one day I did go into the room and it was dark, and a real cat was in our window inside the apartment. From then on, i was afraid of cats, especially at night.

I used to also be afraid of the bathroom or rooms with mirror because of "Bloody Mary" and scary tales like that. Our bathroom is huge with a huge mirror, so I used to have nightmares about it and the light not turning on and stuff. Also, my parents said to never turn the head of my bed toward a bathroom because it's bad luck or you will attract a ghost.

I used to also be afraid of scary masks with red faces because these people used to wear them to scare me and they used to poke their heads in my window when i was a toddler. Also, I would see things in trees at night when i visited my great uncles and aunts when I was younger.

The whistle thing scared me too. My parents told me a ghost will twist my lips so that it will look ugly. And I used to be afraid of the bruises on my legs if I expose them because my parents told me ghosts sucked on it. And they used to tell me to be careful sleeping during the day because "Pee Um", which I really believe in since I do get that paralyzed feeling (but I think it's all in my head) and maybe that's why I can't nap like everyone else.

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
oh so that word "they" means GO? *tov? lol..i was all trying to pronounced it.. k next time my lil niece pees in bed..i will make her try it.. :lol:

Oh sorry! i meant that "they" is just used for rhyming and as the go to sleep part is Som Ran , but "they" is just used to make it rhyme..

lady0fdarkness

When I was a teen, I used to think that since my sister has three kids, that she only had sex three times. lol.. don't ask why...

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
I used to be afraid of cats. When I was little, my parents used to scare me with a cat's meow so that I won't wonder into our room by myself. Well, one day I did go into the room and it was dark, and a real cat was in our window inside the apartment. From then on, i was afraid of cats, especially at night.

I used to also be afraid of the bathroom or rooms with mirror because of "Bloody Mary" and scary tales like that. Our bathroom is huge with a huge mirror, so I used to have nightmares about it and the light not turning on and stuff. Also, my parents said to never turn the head of my bed toward a bathroom because it's bad luck or you will attract a ghost.

I used to also be afraid of scary masks with red faces because these people used to wear them to scare me and they used to poke their heads in my window when i was a toddler. Also, I would see things in trees at night when i visited my great uncles and aunts when I was younger.

The whistle thing scared me too. My parents told me a ghost will twist my lips so that it will look ugly. And I used to be afraid of the bruises on my legs if I expose them because my parents told me ghosts sucked on it. And they used to tell me to be careful sleeping during the day because "Pee Um", which I really believe in since I do get that paralyzed feeling (but I think it's all in my head) and maybe that's why I can't nap like everyone else.
OMG phone0_5 i was afraid of mirrors til i was the age of ..shoot i still am...i cant turn the lights off in the bathroom while i am in there.. we have two huge mirrors in the bathroom too..and heck ya im afraid of bloody mary!..and to say it 3x ...heck no..i wont try it neither..

as for that one one bout pee um..that can happen day or night..and yes it does happen..but when its in the daytime its more likely the sun is holding you down..or sunlight i dont know what its called in english..but i know it in khmer..and as for the night one..its a spirit..gosh my friends mom had many occassion when that stuff occurs..

i am also afraid of the flying heads with glowing hanging guts..wth are they called..i forgot the name in thai..shoot and i have the movie too...arghh..i saw ..well i somewhat saw it when i was 17 ..it was around 7 pm or so..why it came out at that time i have no clue..but i was not the only one that saw it..two older adults saw it too..but none of them wanted to say much..only nodded their heads..and shakes it to not let me say anything..but i just had to confirm of what i saw..was really what i saw...and gosh i got goosebumps..from that too!

no one else believed me when i mention that... i guess some ppl will have to experience it themselves to believe it..ahhh i think i might have posted this in the wrong thread lmao ..i think theres a ghost thread too right??

When I was a teen, I used to think that since my sister has three kids, that she only had sex three times. lol.. don't ask why...
LMFAO lome..i used to think that too...gosh im very gullible! wth... :lol:

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
What is Pee Um?

Have you guys heard of when your sleeping, then instantly you wake up, but you can't move, you feel like something is on top of you?

I've never experienced it, but my mom said that it happens a lot in cambodia.. she said its called Kamoch Sakot! (A ghost is literally pressing down on you) very scary stuff.

and the flying head with hanging guts is called AHP! <didn't know how to spell it.. so sound it out.. ^_^

This one I experienced it, but it wasn't really that scary at the time, because nothing was done to me..
When I was still living in California, we were living in these duplexes, and our neighbors were all Cambodian.
So anyways, my neighbor duplex was really dirty. Not to be mean or anything, but they just were: like they would wear the same clothes for 2 or 3 days straight<< Im talking about when we were kids, so the clothes got dirty fast>> they would cut up fruits on the bed, and prepare food there too. They don't sweep the floors, nothing.. well on with the story. One Day we were playing outside when all of a sudden we heard a lady singing a lullaby, it was the most beautiful voice ever. It was really nice. so we go around looking for the lady, but we can't find her. but the weird thing was the further away we went from the neighbors house the voice would get lower. So we heard the voice for about a week, just her singing a lullaby day and night. Then one day we didn't hear anything. Then we found out that the neighbors had cleaned out their house.

To me, i guess that lady was a just a spirit or something. Reminding these ppl that they got to do something.. In Khmer, i think they are called CHUMNAENG PTAS.

and about the singing lady usually it is bumbay koun, but i heard that if you wake up their kids, that they are trying to put to sleep. Their hair will grow long, have red eyes, and start coming after you..
<<<OH talking about this, its giving me goosebumps. I'm scared now.

lady0fdarkness

^^ Pee Um is the same thing that you just described about the ghost pressing down on you or on top of you. It happens a lot to me... sometimes, I'd see myself in a third person view while the Pee is Uming me!!!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
wahh are you serious to used to live in cali sueliq? yes i know its ahp but i was thinking of the name its called in thai..lol...and omg..the chumneang pteas comes out in the day time too???

and yep my friends mom had the kamoch sakot her many times..in the daytime its called tnai sakot!..that i have experienced that one..it is no fun..you cant get up and cant do nothing even though you wanna get up...i guess that is why our parents tries to wake us up as early as possible..you know that old saying..daich yoke mien yoke ban..sleeping to get wealth or something ..however you translate it into english..

but anyhow all of this talk is spooking me out!

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
^^ Pee Um is the same thing that you just described about the ghost pressing down on you or on top of you. It happens a lot to me... sometimes, I'd see myself in a third person view while the Pee is Uming me!!!
haha that sounds funny! its umming you.

Yeah. i'm from CALI! are you ami?
But I heard from other ppl, that if you want to get rid of the kamoch, you have to wiggle your big toe or something like that..

There are so many ghost stories from srok khmer. We need to have a virtual fire, and camp. so we could tell stories. I'll provide the marshmallows.. ooohhh.. smores sounds good rite now.. haha

--And CLOWNS.. there is nothing cute about them, their face is scary!!! Thanks alot "IT". That is why, I don't like to walk next to the sewers and drains cause I think something is gonna drag me in.. and besides, if its not clowns, there can be alligators down there. Halloween is just around the corner, and you know there are gonna be people dressed up like them..

as for beliefs: my grandpa told me to never eat in the dark, because spirits are eating with you!!! Yuppers!!
- If you eat laying down, in your next life your gonna become an alligator.
- if your really full, and your stomach hurts. take a really big spoon and scrape your stomach, like your scooping it out..<<I personally thinks this work, cause I did it all the time when i was younger.
-I think this is just a khmer belief: but if you pee in your bed a lot! You go into the kitchen and pray>> Cha Kran Euy! Cha Kran They!
I was like you after watching that stupid movie "IT". And this is why i don't allow child around me to watch it.

Khmer peoples have a lot of beliefs, true or not:

I remember when i was young and cooking the rice, i always sing. One day, a friend of my mum told me that i will got a old husband and i was like if he is rich it will be ok for me.

To each belief i heard my mum or one of her friend told me , i always find something stupid to say.

Like "if you lay down and eat like that, you will be a crocodile in your next life". Why should we care about it when it will be in your next life?!

Or, "don't put your foot on the books or you will be stupid. " then, i will use them like a pillow, maybe i will be more smart?!

And sometimes , for some reasons, you think that what your parents say was real.

It was like when my mum told me that before i go to sleep i have to pray ( it was the day of what they call "bohn beutiome"). It was just annoying. And i don't do it. But i think my brain was working on what she told me, that's why that day, i was sleeping when i wake up around midnight i saw like a white shadow of a women with long hair just near my bed. Damn, i scare it it so much that in the morning when i wake up , i just cook a lot of food for my grandma (who died long time ago) and ask her to don't come see me again.

When you are a child, you believe so easily what people say , but now you grow up, you just laugh about it.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
haha that sounds funny! its umming you.

Yeah. i'm from CALI! are you ami?
But I heard from other ppl, that if you want to get rid of the kamoch, you have to wiggle your big toe or something like that..

There are so many ghost stories from srok khmer. We need to have a virtual fire, and camp. so we could tell stories. I'll provide the marshmallows.. ooohhh.. smores sounds good rite now.. haha
yes.. im from cali!

LOL yes..but we have to tell those stories in the daytime..i dont wanna have nightmares bout it..lol shoot even at my age .. just like lil kids that cant watch scary movies before bedtime...:rolleyes:

ohh pleang sney..yep thats what our parents taught us..i may have added some smart remarks too when i heard them lecturing..or thinking to myself! i was a wild kid when i was young.