What kind of childhood fears did you have??

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I don't know what movie it was, but it scared the daylights out of me. The guy flushes a mangled monster hand down the toilet. So as a kid, I was always so scared to sit on the toilet, afraid that the hand will come out and grab me. I was also very very scared of Freddie Krueger coming into my dreams. I used to have annual dreams of him coming to me, taking my foot, and scratching it with his sharp fingers!!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Urg always have been one thing; CATS! I freaking dislike them so much they terrify me to death!
Oh and pointing at the moon lmao my cousins use to tell me if i point at the moon when it's red then my hand will dissapear lmao;
Rice! my cousins use to tell me that if i don't smoosh them when i see them on the ground or pick them up and throw them away they turn into rice worm (maggots) so everytime i saw a rice on the ground or anything I always squished it lol even now i still do it because it's a habbit

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I never had any childhood fears, I was pretty much fearless.

Now though, I'm afraid of a lot of things. Anything without an exoskeleton and anything that has more than six legs.
Oh and dark waters, I'm not sure when that started though. I love the beach but I'm afraid of water that goes above my head.
I'm also a little afraid of the dark.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
When I was young, I use to be scared to use the toilet because some of my friends told me I would fall into the toilet. I'd be terrified of going!

Another one was If you sleep with the closet open, a ghost is watching you sleep! oh man... that still scares me til this day! lol.

lady0fdarkness

I also thought that when you take medicine, the medicine is like an army of men fighting off the bad bateria army that made you sick.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
lol nice one Lome!

This isn't really a fear I had, but just an assumption I made when i was younger. I always thought you could buy body parts. My mom would tell me to stop eating because my stomach would explode so then I told her I'll just go buy a new stomach. :lol: that was so silly of me...

lady0fdarkness

lol..I wish that were true !! ^^

well...this isn't childhood, but just a few months ago... I found out that when your teeth falls out as an adult it doesn't grow back. lol... the reason why I found out was because my bf has his teeth pulled, and I was like.. no big deal, it'll grow again. And he was like... uhh....no he it won't.

lady0fdarkness

I never had any childhood fears, I was pretty much fearless.

Now though, I'm afraid of a lot of things. Anything without an exoskeleton and anything that has more than six legs.
Oh and dark waters, I'm not sure when that started though. I love the beach but I'm afraid of water that goes above my head.
I'm also a little afraid of the dark.
I'm scared of water too!!!

lady0fdarkness

Urg always have been one thing; CATS! I freaking dislike them so much they terrify me to death!
Oh and pointing at the moon lmao my cousins use to tell me if i point at the moon when it's red then my hand will dissapear lmao;
Rice! my cousins use to tell me that if i don't smoosh them when i see them on the ground or pick them up and throw them away they turn into rice worm (maggots) so everytime i saw a rice on the ground or anything I always squished it lol even now i still do it because it's a habbit
I hated cats too, but I was more scared of rats.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
lol..I wish that were true !! ^^

well...this isn't childhood, but just a few months ago... I found out that when your teeth falls out as an adult it doesn't grow back. lol... the reason why I found out was because my bf has his teeth pulled, and I was like.. no big deal, it'll grow again. And he was like... uhh....no he it won't.
haha. my teeth is bound to fall out soon. my teeth have short roots :(

When I was younger, i thought it was bad luck wear a Buddha bracelet in the bathroom. I would freak out when I went in the bathroom with it on! I thought I was going to hell...

lady0fdarkness

When I was younger, i thought it was bad luck wear a Buddha bracelet in the bathroom. I would freak out when I went in the bathroom with it on! I thought I was going to hell...
hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also afraid to drink coffee, cause my mom would say.. don't drink coffee or your heart will shake!!!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also afraid to drink coffee, cause my mom would say.. don't drink coffee or your heart will shake!!!
lol. my mom told me that but I didn't care. Now i'm a coffee addict. :lol:

I use to have an under bit & my cousin would tell me that if I got braces, the dentist will break my jaw in order to fix my under bit. I was scared for years about my under bit. turns out, they don't break your jaw!!! argh...

lady0fdarkness

lol......... sigh......

I wish I was a kid again. Those years were so innocent, but filled with joy and carefreeness.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't know what movie it was, but it scared the daylights out of me. The guy flushes a mangled monster hand down the toilet. So as a kid, I was always so scared to sit on the toilet, afraid that the hand will come out and grab me. I was also very very scared of Freddie Krueger coming into my dreams. I used to have annual dreams of him coming to me, taking my foot, and scratching it with his sharp fingers!!

wahhh lome we must have watched the same scary movie..for i used to fear going to the bathroom at night and when i sit down on the toilet..that a hand might come up and grab me too..so i will keep looking in the bowl to make sure nothing comes out of it..lmao..so silly..

i feared and hated freddy krueger too..i watch lotssssssssss of it when i was younger...and i hated waterbed..vow not to ever own one..and i had repetitive ightmare of him chasing me..

i feared and hated clowns since i watched that stupid movie "IT"...wth..

i feared snakes...this started in 3rd grade..one of my teacher had a green snake in the back of the classroom...and some kid knew that i was afraid..so he was so mean and brought a black and white page of a snake..and chased me around the classroom with it..i was so traumatized...i wonder who that kid was..for i cant remember his face..but i remember him holding that book and shoving it in my face... til this day i am still afraid of snakes..but not as bad as i used to be... ^_^

i used to be afraid of pointing at the moon too..my parents and friends used to say that your fingers will get cut off....wth...what a way to scare kids....

and yes the classic monster in the closet..my closet has to be closed all the way....til this day too..

i used to be afraid of the dark too..you tend to think that something is out in the dark waiting for you!!! <_< but i walk faster in the dark too..have this eerie feeling...for some reason..lmao

and i always have this sleep with my feet cover..i used to think that a pii...would grab my feet at night lol.. :rolleyes:

i know i have lots more...

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
sigh... i know what you mean Lome. I miss those elementary school days. I use to get picked on all the time by the boys. lol. they use to call me daddy long legs. <_< but i just miss being stress free & playing outside... now... life is just getting tougher.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid

wahhh LOL...i was afraid of that too..i would take mine off and leave it in the bedroom...i was somewhat embarrassed to take my clothes off in front of any religious figures..

and any pictures with eyes..does not belong in the bathroom..i would always think that someone is always watching me..no matter where i stood in the small room...

fun

Expired Sarnie
I feared the police. There was two cops when I got lost, one of them had me on their lap and started talking to me and then my English was totally broken and horrible so I cried even harder when he spoke to me. It doesn't even sound like I am speaking English. LOL

annea

sarNie Adult
big bodies of water...can u imagine all the things down there that can see us but we cant see them???? everytime my dad drives across the bridge and i look down at the ocean, my whole body feels funny and my ass feels numb and I get goosebumps...LOL....Im 19 and I still havent gotten over the fear yet..Big body of water isnt my thing..I cant sit on small boats flaoting in water...eekkk..just the thought of it gives me chills...

judyp

sarNie Adult
oh yeah, im deadly afraid of water. i went jet skiing for the first time this summer with my family. when my bf maneuvered the jet ski to turn (there was 3 of us on it..lol, we're ghetto), we fell of course because it was too damn heavy! oh my gosh. i thought i was going to die. we all had life jackets on of course, but i didn't know that it would keep me afloat. so out of instinct, i grabbed onto my bf, basically pulling him down. lol. everyone was laughing their asses off because i thought i was gonna drown. they're like. "hello! you have a life jacket on! and you're not suppose to pull people!!" im like, "i don't care, that thing could've had a hole in it! and if im going down, im taking all of you with me!" evil. haha. and when we swam to shore, i was always yelling for help from my bf because i was paranoid that something was going to grab my leg. i would feel like seaweed and whatnot and scream. and yes, the scariest part is you don't know what's in the water. and of course, my mom always tell me to stay away from the water. i'd jet ski again because it was fun, but im still scurrred!

when i sleep, i always have to have my feet covered and closet closed. i've heard ghost stories from my brothers that scared the crap out of me.

i hate when people say, "goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite." i have this flashback of this movie i watched when i was younger. the father said that line to his daughter, next thing, the whole house burned down and the entire family died. so i got traumatized.

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
When I was younger.. I was always the brave one, compared to my sister who is scared of everything.. she made me go to the bathroom with her...

But now, I think its just in my mind.. like if I'm walking to my car after class, and I think oh I better be careful, I would psych myself out, and then its like I'm hearing footsteps behind me or something, so i walk faster, and I got keys in between my fingers just in case.

--Ooh Yeah.. i'm afraid of ROACHES, big and small. I've only seen small ones, until I moved to Texas, and I find out they are humongous and they fly<<< Creepy
~~~ my aunt made me cry, cause she caught it, and was walking towards me. She freaked me out.

(I getting the willies just thinking about it)

--I'm afraid of heights too. I can't go past the 2nd or 3rd step of a ladder. When I'm on a step stool, you could see the steps moving and shaking, cause I can't control my legs.

--And CLOWNS.. there is nothing cute about them, their face is scary!!! Thanks alot "IT". That is why, I don't like to walk next to the sewers and drains cause I think something is gonna drag me in.. and besides, if its not clowns, there can be alligators down there. Halloween is just around the corner, and you know there are gonna be people dressed up like them..

as for beliefs: my grandpa told me to never eat in the dark, because spirits are eating with you!!! Yuppers!!
- If you eat laying down, in your next life your gonna become an alligator.
- if your really full, and your stomach hurts. take a really big spoon and scrape your stomach, like your scooping it out..<<I personally thinks this work, cause I did it all the time when i was younger.
-I think this is just a khmer belief: but if you pee in your bed a lot! You go into the kitchen and pray>> Cha Kran Euy! Cha Kran They!