what is the MOST expensive

sirena

sarNie Adult
Hedi Slimane,karl lagerfeld, john galliano, chloe, alexander mcqueen, balenciaga, and prada

their design is just so inspiring and wonderful to look at like the cut shapes and the sil of it is just amazing

john galliano with his christian dior dress are just to die for

but i dnt think ill ever get to wear it

noungning

Heartless
ah yeah hermes, it's expensive because of the leather.... it's skinned from exotic animals/species... poor thing hahaha

i was thinking of getting a snake skinned and hand painted lilac wallet ... i forget the brand... but i then felt too horrible i couldn't do it haha. and yeah it's not cheap... n i guess i don't wanna have em killed some more and become extinct just to feed my selfishness of ownership... <_<

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
my mom has lots of leather bags and wallets that are skinned from different animals... crocodile, giraffe, elephant, snakes, sting ray, etc... pity those animals...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The most expensive thing I ever bought for myself -.-" gawd I don't even know lol because sometimes I tend to shop without looking at the price on things -.-" but that I could recall probably my computer and laptop -.-" and man animal skinned accesories I could never! thats like torcherous lol -.-" I am selfish but when it comes to that stuff then probably not... and like when it comes to expensive clothes ... I think it depends on where... like express and nyc is where i love to shop for clothes and a&f and american eagle and etc.. but I could never spend over 80 on pants and 60 on shirt maybe when I was younger yeah but as I grow older I feel I need to be more responsible.. cause some of those things u can find in a department store or walmart looks the same but cheaper lol material may not be the same but I normally change wardrobe often so I dont need anything that lasts long -.-" I have the money to shop but I choose not to because I can't help but think dude....... there are kids out there who could eat a whole month or two worth of meals off the money I just spent buying that one shirt that will probably last me only 3 months or 4 -.-" so I pass on expensive accessories and clothes...

but computer accessories are a must need for me lol

Edit: and going back to read damn someone said you can't find good clothes and shoes for less than a grand? thats ridiculous ... dude.. even if I were a millionare I would never say something like that .. because that is like disrespecting other people. I have family members who spend over 5 k on a wardrobe and they still look tacky as heck lol ... my husband likes to say this... "no matter how expensive the clothes is if you don't know how to dress then theres no point."

And grand for clothes and purses? Man thats nuts dude -.-" maybe like once every 3 years I wouldn't mind buying something like that but on a regular basis I think not.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
there's a lot of copy of famous brand like chanel, hermes, vuitton... everyone can have a stuff in this brand but a real...

sirena

sarNie Adult
The most expensive thing I ever bought for myself -.-" gawd I don't even know lol because sometimes I tend to shop without looking at the price on things -.-" but that I could recall probably my computer and laptop -.-" and man animal skinned accesories I could never! thats like torcherous lol -.-" I am selfish but when it comes to that stuff then probably not... and like when it comes to expensive clothes ... I think it depends on where... like express and nyc is where i love to shop for clothes and a&f and american eagle and etc.. but I could never spend over 80 on pants and 60 on shirt maybe when I was younger yeah but as I grow older I feel I need to be more responsible.. cause some of those things u can find in a department store or walmart looks the same but cheaper lol material may not be the same but I normally change wardrobe often so I dont need anything that lasts long -.-" I have the money to shop but I choose not to because I can't help but think dude....... there are kids out there who could eat a whole month or two worth of meals off the money I just spent buying that one shirt that will probably last me only 3 months or 4 -.-" so I pass on expensive accessories and clothes...

but computer accessories are a must need for me lol

Edit: and going back to read damn someone said you can't find good clothes and shoes for less than a grand? thats ridiculous ... dude.. even if I were a millionare I would never say something like that .. because that is like disrespecting other people. I have family members who spend over 5 k on a wardrobe and they still look tacky as heck lol ... my husband likes to say this... "no matter how expensive the clothes is if you don't know how to dress then theres no point."

And grand for clothes and purses? Man thats nuts dude -.-" maybe like once every 3 years I wouldn't mind buying something like that but on a regular basis I think not.

bravo i agree with you 100% lol ;)

u can deff find something at a decent price and still look good

if u watch t.v like fashion tv and stuff many fashion experts these days they dnt recomend "oh go out and buy this chanel...etc" they evaluate it and they give u ideas on how u can achieve the look and still stay on budget

ridiculous? haha
most ppl would probly think im crazy then, bc my hermes bag probly costs more than most ppl's car hahaha i know i still kinda feel bad buyin it but just HAD to have it
girl, i know what you mean! lol...it just feels good to impulse-buy sometimes and something luxurious like hermes just screams out...:) i saw the pink one you have...that is gorgeous! i have the one in Cornaline and one in Dark Gold...i have the ostrich one, but i really want one of the crocodile ones! for my next one, i want a fun, flirty color...i was never bold enough to get one in a bright color though...i have a feeling an emerald or lilac hermes will end up under my tree this year...lol...

i think the price of luxury items are what truly makes them attractive and so sought-after...which feeds back into why they're priced how they are...

i agree with those who say expensive things are equal to nothing if you don't have style or know how to dress, but if you've got both, then there you go...

hundreds on purses or shoes? haha yeahhhh rightt, are there really purses or shoes that only cost a few hundred? didnt know that even existed.
a good pair of shoes or purse goes for at least a grand and thats the cheap end!
it is true, though, that you could find shoes and bags in the hundreds range -- some jimmy choo shoes are in the 600 - 1000 range and the classic monogram louis vuitton bags are only 700 or 800...

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
HAHAHAH not tryin to be disrepectful when i said you cant find something decent thats under a grand...i really dont see how its disrepectful but whatever, and yeah just bc you spend more on clothes doesnt mean it always looks better, why do ppl always assume that?!
but i guess i just like the finer things life has to offer, and ill say it again, there isnt MUCH that looks nice under 1k for designer piece, i mean sureeee theres tons of stuff under that price range that may appeal to others but yeah, not my taste

ok thats my 2cents

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
hundreds on purses or shoes? haha yeahhhh rightt, are there really purses or shoes that only cost a few hundred? didnt know that even existed.
a good pair of shoes or purse goes for at least a grand and thats the cheap end!

ok^^^^bout this, i said 'only a FEW hundred' which means like $200 and under, you reeallyyy cant get anything nice for under that price, i didnt say you cant get anythin UNDER A GRAND thats nice, of course theres some thats under a grand, but most are over that....

Preahya

sarNie Hatchling
lol! What a funny thread.

A lot of people are getting defensive about their shopping habits. I`m in the middle. I like the `nicer` things in life but I like having variety in my closet.

to answer the question, I bought myself a Chanel bag. i do love Chanel. I was a big lover of the HERMES but I don`t care to have it anymore, I don`t like the shape of the bag anymore. i do want a HERMES MEDOR WATCH though.

MY VACATIONS ARE REALLY EXPENSIVE. I went to Korea three times for random shopping.

noungning

Heartless
HAHAHAH not tryin to be disrepectful when i said you cant find something decent thats under a grand...i really dont see how its disrepectful but whatever, and yeah just bc you spend more on clothes doesnt mean it always looks better, why do ppl always assume that?!
but i guess i just like the finer things life has to offer, and ill say it again, there isnt MUCH that looks nice under 1k for designer piece, i mean sureeee theres tons of stuff under that price range that may appeal to others but yeah, not my taste

ok thats my 2cents
ok^^^^bout this, i said 'only a FEW hundred' which means like $200 and under, you reeallyyy cant get anything nice for under that price, i didnt say you cant get anythin UNDER A GRAND thats nice, of course theres some thats under a grand, but most are over that....
lol u just contradicted urself but it's ok, u don't have to make up excuses. people has a right to their opinions, that's why it's an open for discussion forum.

and FYI, there are nice things that u can get for under $200, heck u can get christian lacroix, prada, gucci, fendi, christian louboutin, balenciaga, blah blah blah pieces for under $200 too, u just gotta know how to shop, it's called smart shopping ;) ...have the whole package, smart, pretty and classy

ohhh if travel is a choice then, i guess that's the most i've spent. traveling :D ... most expensive purchase of my life. :( but it was semi-worth it. haha and yeah nothing to show from it, but memories...which i suppose is almost as bad as buying a handbag... but a handbag, u have something to show for it...? lol

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i cant really think ... maybe a rolex watch i didnt buy it tho ma momma brought one for all her kids i dno i cant think of anythin right now but im weird i dont wear anything that aint branded no way i dno why it has to have a brand on it if not i dont wear it not even to bed. ma PJ's are even calvin kleins, d&g and burberry but i think i look like a clown in ma burberry pj's. all ma underwear is brand as well even ma socks haha ma friend said i was crazy payin fo 1 pair of socks for 18$ and i lost one of them already... i guess we all have different life thats why we all shop differently and we all here have different kinds of money and tastes of how u look a life its what makes us not all the same

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Probably a pair of boots or a coat, can't remember but it was a few hundred $, nothing like a designer bag though.
If I had the money I might spend it on a pair of Jimmy Choos but other than that, I just can't imagine wanting to spend that much money on one piece of clothing or accessory item. Now, electronics that's another story. Actually, I take that back I think the most expensive thing I spent money on was a cell phone and this was years ago when I had money to burn and no bills to pay (great times...), except my cell bill. I spent close to $300 on the damn thing and my purse got stolen less than a week later at work, along with my cell phone! :angry: So yeah, I'm very hestitate about spending that much money on anything any more.

Yeah, price doesn't always guarantee the "best". If you know how to shop you can get designer stuff for half the ticket price.
For Christmas I tend to buy my brother designer jeans (he has a thing for jeans, he has to have at least 20 pairs by now), tops and on a occassion shoes.
I got him a pair of CK jeans for just $60. Like I said, you just gotta know how to shop. My boyfriend got his mom a Ralph Lauren sweater that would normally cost $150 for just $30, and no it wasn't from a vintage/thrift store. All these items were brand new.

I support American designers (except for Hilfiger, I have issues with him) but when it comes to some of the better quality stuff, Italian designers do it better (mainly because they don't ship their stuff to China and have it made for cheap, but then again it also means that you can get designer stuff for less). What you get for you money is 1) The name/label 2)The quality that's often associated with the label 3)Being able to say you have something nice, which only matters to some people, 4)packaging (ever wonder why they make the packaging and tags so flashy? 5)Importing 6) Advertising and Marketing.

You don't really have to fill your closet with designer labels to have a nice wardrobe because believe me there are some crappy stuff that designers make and people just gobble it up because it's "designer". I think I saw a woman like that on one of those make over shows, I think it was 'What Not to Wear'.

A few nice key items that will last you years is generally good enough.
There are very, VERY few designers that I'd be willing to hand over my money to, even if money was not an issue. I have major issues with the ethics of some of these designers.I don't do fur, don't do skin of exotic animals, hell I don't do skin of any kind of animal unless it's a cow or a sheep, so NO to snakes and gators.
I don't believe in killing anything just for it's coat/skin, and I don't find it the least be attractive to be walking around wearing or carrying an animal carcass. If I like the texture and look I'd opt out for faux rather than the real thing, and frankly unless you live in Alaska, Russia, Mongolia or anywhere that's extremely cold (or requires people to live off the land), there's really no need to wear fur anything, it just looks ridiculous (I still can't get over the fact that there's a fur coat store here in Houston. It's Texas for god's sake!). *stepping off the soap box*

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
60" TV...it was $4500+$500 5-year warranty. Of course my house then car are the most expensive, but I am still paying for the house for 15 years. LOL.

I love purses and clothes. I love Louis Vuitton denim purses and Gucci guccissima leather purses. I like cheap, on sale stuff too. Target has lots of cute things all the way to Neiman Marcus, Saks, or Nordstroms. I have a variety of tastes. Target has way adorable bags/purses! Sometimes it is about the way the person wears the clothes, eh?

I think you can make anything look good and add the expensive accessories like bag/purse, jewelry/watch, and shoes can make an outfit too! Sorry for getting off topic.

***Edit-I spent over $35,000 on a Master degree (MBA) for my DH. We paid for it all in two years. Shiet, that was most of our savings! It was well worth it though. Comfort, insurance, and peace. Now I am spending money to get my Bachelor. Universities/colleges are so expensive.