What is the craziest/strangest food you have tasted till now?

Step

Mrs James Ma
My friend said she ate rat fry. Its not crazy for some here but for me it is unusual. So I want to know how adventurous are you when it comes to food lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have fried alligator...that's as far as I go. I can eat snake too. When I was younger I can eat the baby chick thing...you know that egg with the baby chick. Then when I got older it freaks me out just looking at the life less chick with the hair and head.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
@byebye - it is called balut egg.

Balut eggs are the most bizarre food I had eaten, I could finish the whole egg without any salt/pepper/herb. I had stopped eating them for many years now because I think it is way too sinful of me to eat them.

For fruits, I love Durians, the King of fruits :lol:.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yeah, the weirdest one for me is balut. I used to eat the whole thing when I was little until one time, I saw how much the bird's fetus had grown with eyes and beaks. I only eat the base of the egg now or is it the placenta? Oh, I have eaten pig intestines and cow tongues. OMG. Never realized how many weird things I've eaten.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Love....love...cow intestine. I could eat that thing all day long lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Oo cow tongues, lengua tacos! Those are good. Strangest thing was definitely balut. My Laos friends prepared it with the sweet chili sauce and mints so it didn't taste too bad.

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
Only if you consider this the craziest / strange:

chicken feet (I LOVE IT!!)
tiny frog legs. This I do not enjoy it just taste like burnt meat to me because it's soo tiny
Balut, everything but the fetus. I get too scared and I will make someone else eat the parts that is touching the fetus. 
Pork blood chunks, I like it in my noodles but can't have to much of it because the thought of it being blood
I tried raw duck blood a couple of times when I was drunk. It's not the worst

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I've had Balut or "Kai look" (the laotian term), but I've never eaten the chick though. Lol
I did not like Durian when I was younger but now I love it.
Weirdest for me has got to be roast tarantula. Pretty good if I must say.
Pork/Cow intestines, yup!
Anyone ever try beef bile sauce? Pretty good with steak and intestines.
I don't eat anything raw.

I'm sort of a picky eater most of the time.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I've had fried alligator, frog legs, fried pig ears, pig brain pepper, fish eyes, the brain of a chicken, chicken feet, chicken testicles, dog (before i found out it was dog), broiled rabbit, some people consider squirrel as weird too, maggots (accidentally), cockroaches, and fried grasshopper.

Step

Mrs James Ma
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Bieluvr said:
dog (before i found out it was dog), maggots (accidentally), cockroaches, and fried grasshopper.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
snake (once when I was younger, the adults feed it to me and I didn't know any better ... but now they'll have to kill me because I will never going to touch those thing LOL)

crickets, grasshopper, water beetles, asian stink bugs, frogs, tadpoles, OK that's all that I can think of at the moment. :bhehe:

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
My first trip to Thailand my parents almost made me eat black pig poop. I have asthma and someone told them it was a cure, did they make me? No.. thank goodness. Phew.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
I have never heard of pig poop as medicine, but for I've known and seen they've uses elephant dung and made into medicines. 
Pigs can eat all disgusting stuffs, but elephant mainly eat plants and fruits so when they poop it's all plants materials... I wouldn't even want to know what's inside those little piggy poo-poo HAHAHA LOL.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
LOL. Actually pig poop, dog poop, and baby pee is all good for medicine. I'll add to my list, I've eaten ant eggs too. :)

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
I'm such a picky eater I can't survive in the wild for more than 6 hours. The weirdest would be squirrel when I was younger since my parents always knew how to make it and it was bomb, but now I've become so picky, no matter how good the smell is I just can't bring myself to enjoy it and I also get freaked out by the bones and feet and stuff. But now I love pork brains, my mom boils it and adds pepper, salt, and other stuff and it's so good! Lol I'm getting hungry writing this. ^_^

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Deer meat, I was tricked though and it will be the only strange food I shall eat for the rest of my existence LOL