What is the best thing about being Khmer?

dfemc

sarNie Adult
what do most of you think the best thing about being khmer is?

i'll have to say the karaoke parties n swift dancing :baby-scene-pop-corn:

IHeartFendi

sarNie Egg
Here are three reasons at the top of my head, and not necessarily in this order:

1) Beautiful Classical Dancing... IMHO, the most beautiful in the world

2) Angkor Wat (need I say more?)

3) the FOOD

What about what is the best by being human Dfemc? ;)

Ppl who have khmer blood should be proud of that for a simple reason..because they have a history behind them..proud to belong to a nation ( <_< maybe a nation who lose his power) but still these ppl have roots ...

everytime when i look at khmer history i'm really proud of that because even if i'm not full khmer, even if i don't live or born there but still... when i see that no matter what happen there ppl still keep the smile and go on in their life...i just clap my hand for this country...

Le pays du sourire..the country of smile.... :clap:

Check this khmer website!!!!

dfemc

sarNie Adult
being human can be shameful at times, my dear... :lol:

but yes, the history, the ankor wat, are all part of the wonders of the world, n the wonders of life beyond being khmer.... i still like the loud karaoke parties tho ^_^ n the frankness / sincerity of the ppl.

vath

sarNie Egg
What is the best thing about being Khmer? being really really really good looking.

Twinky

sarNie Elites
My reason's..not really in any particular order:
1. The beautiful traditional clothes
2. We have a bomb ass wedding compare to others :yahoo:
3. Food
4. Karaoke/parties..lol
5. Language
6. Traditions
7. Variety of different music
8. Beautiful Angkor Wat
9. We keep our history alive
10. We have a country that we can call "ours"

1. traditions
2. parties
3. music/songs
4. history before the khmer rouge
5. clothing (traditional)
6. angkor wat
7. dancing
8. CULTURE!!!
9. language
10. just being khmer!

nary

sarNie Egg
I agree with everyones top ten reasons for "The best thing about being khmer". I just wanted to comment and say this khmer's culture and tradition has always stayed strong, even though there are a lot of western influences. Especially now a days some countries are not really promoting their cultural dances, clothing or music its mostly getting more westernized. I'm not saying its a bad thing, it's great to see a lot of cultural influences of other countries but no matter wat khmer ppl has always kept our tradition and culture alive! I'm very proud to say im KHMER!

Hiatus

Super Momo
1. Yao Hawn
2. Angkor Wat

lol I don't really like those khmer community parties its so boring -___-