What do you think about strict parents?

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
I got really strict parents who wants me to study all the times and are clipping my wings of freedom...I really hate them but love them also for they are my parents...anyway, my parents are way too strict...they wouldn't let me go out, wouldn't let me go to parties, wouldn't let me do what i like until i did a certain thing, and all they want me is to study and study and study until all my brains are blown out...on top of that, they want me to date a guy whom i hate cause he acted as if he owns me...grrrrrrrr...i really hate my strict parents,though i know they just want me to have a better life...it still frustrates me...do you have strict parents like me???if you do, do you do anything about it???or just stand there and let them control your life???

zienan09

sarNie Hatchling
its good you still love ur parents. most children would be like "screw this..blah blah blah"

i use to be like you. my family moved down here to missouri to the countryside about 6 years ago. and i have noooo clue why..but they got soooo strict on me. i was thinking "cmon, this is the countryside. what kinda sh*t can i do?" i still dont understand..but they've loosen their grips on me. i'm in college now, and they dont restrict me as much, which im so thankful for.
i do admit..i did stupid things for my parents to not be as strict on me. i skipped school..i drank..all those other things. i kno i disappointed them..but im surprised they didnt say much. ever since the beginning of junior year when i started doing those stupid things, they werent as strict.

my advice: talk to them.
i never really talk to my mom and dad about anything, so i always went with the flow. u kno how hmong parents are always wanting kids to be doctors or lawyers, yeaaa..my parents are in that category. and i didnt wanna do it after awhile. seriously, i didnt even wanna go to college, even tho i was in the Top Ten in my class. sad..i kno..but its just me..i didnt wanna go. One day, mom actually sat me down and talked to me..telling me that i have to communicate with her and dad and tell them wht i wanna do cuz it was senior year. i admit, that talk didnt do much for me..i just told them the college and my intended major, elementary ed.
besides that, im always talking to my parents. and they kno that i have a short temper with my family. so when i get mad, thats when they listen to me. not the best way to talk..but still, they understand. u just gotta sit down and talk.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Sometimes you just have to go over board and let your parents know that you are grown now & can make your
own decisions. I'm not telling you to be bad and never to listen to your parents but i know how it feels
to have strict parents. My parents used to be strict on my sisters and I, always wanting us to stay home all
the time. No parties, no meeting up with friends and such and such. Until i started to drive, i stop caring.
hehe Know when to care and know when not to care, as long as you know what you are doing is not wrong. Then
do it w/out permission. hehe

In your situation, your parents love you and wants you to get your education. Because they want you to have a bright future
but do they not know that they are boring you, keeping you home & wanting you to study all the time.
That's not good for your brain, this can possibly make you emotional perhaps emo and perhaps think of death. (I'm not saying you are but in most cases, people will feel this way if they feel they are trapped.)

Hope you get the freedom you been wanting. For Hmong parents, it just takes longer for them to let go of their kids & let them do
what they like and want. ;D By the way, how old are you? jw

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Sometimes you just have to go over board and let your parents know that you are grown now & can make your
own decisions. I'm not telling you to be bad and never to listen to your parents but i know how it feels
to have strict parents. My parents used to be strict on my sisters and I, always wanting us to stay home all
the time. No parties, no meeting up with friends and such and such. Until i started to drive, i stop caring.
hehe Know when to care and know when not to care, as long as you know what you are doing is not wrong. Then
do it w/out permission. hehe

In your situation, your parents love you and wants you to get your education. Because they want you to have a bright future
but do they not know that they are boring you, keeping you home & wanting you to study all the time.
That's not good for your brain, this can possibly make you emotional perhaps emo and perhaps think of death. (I'm not saying you are but in most cases, people will feel this way if they feel they are trapped.)

Hope you get the freedom you been wanting. For Hmong parents, it just takes longer for them to let go of their kids & let them do
what they like and want. ;D By the way, how old are you? jw
lol...i'm 17 if you're wondering and yeah...i got a car but they always take the keys away from me...lol...which kind of piss me off...it's funny how you think it might turn me emo...lol...but na i'm not stupid and think that i'll turn emo...life is too short to think of death now...lol...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
lol...i'm 17 if you're wondering and yeah...i got a car but they always take the keys away from me...lol...which kind of piss me off...it's funny how you think it might turn me emo...lol...but na i'm not stupid and think that i'll turn emo...life is too short to think of death now...lol...
take the keys from you? wow! your parents are really controlling & strict huh. my parents are strict but they
never took my keys away from me, not once.
and of course! i had to think that way. lol Parent's being over-protective of their kids, some kids
do turn emo.. hehe im glad that is not you. another thing, you are only 17. that's why your parents are
still strict & holding you back. i am sure when you go to college, they won't be like that. hopefully. :D

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
take the keys from you? wow! your parents are really controlling & strict huh. my parents are strict but they
never took my keys away from me, not once.
and of course! i had to think that way. lol Parent's being over-protective of their kids, some kids
do turn emo.. hehe im glad that is not you. another thing, you are only 17. that's why your parents are
still strict & holding you back. i am sure when you go to college, they won't be like that. hopefully. :D
lol...thanks you guys...you guys make me smile =) and yeah i hope they get less stricter when i go to collage...lol...are advices are great...

hmongSTER

sarNie Egg
your parents are strict because they want you to do good. if you dont like their rules.. move out. cant servive on your own.. stop complaining. you want to go out and party and hang out with friends.. when you can pay for your own rent and electricity.. then do it.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
don't complain . it's only for your own good.
If you had younger siblings your age in 5 years you would understand why.
Sometimes only you can be the only person to answer your own question.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
your parents are strict because they want you to do good. if you dont like their rules.. move out. cant servive on your own.. stop complaining. you want to go out and party and hang out with friends.. when you can pay for your own rent and electricity.. then do it.
errrrrrr...first of all, i don't even like to party...the only parties i go to are my friends birthday parties in which most of them have good parents that knows how to set rules but they still doesn't let me go...
and second, if you're liveing with my parents now, u wouldn't even survive, cause my dad smokes a lot, which sucks...i tell him to quit smoking but he wouldn't cause he's too addicted...that's why i want to go out but i just couldn't...and my mother drinks which make it a double pounder...but then
i guess they don't want me to be like them that's why they care so much...mmmm...and yes, i wish i could live on my own but i'm still in highschool and they wouldn't even let me have a job...but i still love them all the same...i'm just glad i have a nyab that makes living here possible...
so yes...i'm sorry if i complain too much but if you're in my situation then you'll complain too...

hmongSTER

sarNie Egg
errrrrrr...first of all, i don't even like to party...the only parties i go to are my friends birthday parties in which most of them have good parents that knows how to set rules but they still doesn't let me go...
and second, if you're liveing with my parents now, u wouldn't even survive, cause my dad smokes a lot, which sucks...i tell him to quit smoking but he wouldn't cause he's too addicted...that's why i want to go out but i just couldn't...and my mother drinks which make it a double pounder...but then
i guess they don't want me to be like them that's why they care so much...mmmm...and yes, i wish i could live on my own but i'm still in highschool and they wouldn't even let me have a job...but i still love them all the same...i'm just glad i have a nyab that makes living here possible...
so yes...i'm sorry if i complain too much but if you're in my situation then you'll complain too...
i used to complain.. then i just moved out. problem solved. it just irritates me to hear people complain and not do anything about it.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
i used to complain.. then i just moved out. problem solved. it just irritates me to hear people complain and not do anything about it.
lol...you're right, maybe i shouldn't complain as much and maybe life will become more miserable...lol...jk...i just hope they became less strict...

hmongSTER

sarNie Egg
lol...you're right, maybe i shouldn't complain as much and maybe life will become more miserable...lol...jk...i just hope they became less strict...

all im saying is that parents will be parents. you cant change them.. but you can adapt. the world is full of people who would be strict.. when you get a job when your older.. some bosses can be asses. eventually youll learn how to adapt to that as well..

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
all im saying is that parents will be parents. you cant change them.. but you can adapt. the world is full of people who would be strict.. when you get a job when your older.. some bosses can be asses. eventually youll learn how to adapt to that as well..
lol..ty...ur advice helps alot...

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
I'm so sad about my life. No one would ever understand me. There are more pity words than just describe it. :( continue later..

genn04

sarNie Hatchling
Alot of people have strict parents...i see. Well as for me my parents are ok. not too strict or too easy either. but they always let us kids chose whatever we want to do. for as us kids in the family we are those type of shy kids who hardly out. most of the time we are home always with our parents. so of course they get to see us all the time sometimes 24 hours a day...isn't thats nice! oh well, yeah my parents are always convincing us to get out like every other kids...they want us to go explore the world, make plenty of friends, find our other half, and enjoy life. The problem is we are lack of guts. like i said...We Are Shy Kids! They're happy for who we are and are proud of us all the time. Once in the while we do get lecture but lecturing is not the problem because the more parents lecture the more careful we are out there and it is true if u haven't notice. I just love my parents and i'm off topic but i really do...who would not want a parents like mine who is this awesome who wants their kids to go out and play enjoy what the worlds giving us u know. Man! this is why i said if parents are cool enough to let their kid enjoy life there shouldn't be any more problems with the parents and their kids fighting all the time. Also kids do need to play it fair alongside too they can't just make decision for them self. I said play is fair and be safe!

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
i too have strict parents and wells even though they dont allow me to go out..i dont i usually stay home..and do whatever...and when they tell me to study..i usually dont because i've never been one to really study things or anything so i ignore them on that...but i listen to my parents even though they're strict..if they dont want me to go somewhere then i dont go..cause i've heard the saying "u can never repay ur parents enough for the things they've done for u in all ur lifetime" so yea... i do things for them i listen to them..cause that saying is true..and they're only looking out for whatt best for u...and i feel bad for the people with great parents and they treat they're parents horribly because when they dont have their parents to depend on no more they'll regret being horrible to their parents..i love my parents a lot..even tho they're strict..i understand how they feel being this strict..and yea..i'm fine with it u know...cause i still have a little bit of freedom..and as the years go on..they seem to give me a little more freedom each year too u know..so it all works out for me...i mean like i cant hang out with friends at school..but i can still hangout with family and cousins and i'm fine with that...

xpotionnerd

sarNie Egg
Parents are strict for a good reason. We need more parents like ours in the world. It would be a better place if kids got a good butt whippin' when they're bad. But even so, I still love to get on my parents nerves. Kids know how to annoy their parents most, that's why we're always at each other's throat. =)

candi

sarNie Juvenile
My parents were stict too...even when I was already in college, I still can't go out with my friends. My friends had to help me lie so we can go out. LOL. See what they turned me into? hahaha. But, hmong parents will be like that. All they want you to do is study and get a degree so you can earn big money. My bf's parents wouldn't allow him to join bands at school or play any sports at all. Just go to school and study study study. No hanging out with friends too! I think I'm getting off topic already. LOL.

You'd have to deal with them until you move out (if they let you move out). Until then, if you are under their roof, you'd have to listen to them. :blink: