What do you guys think about this case?

mydeepscar

sarNie Egg
Ok, so thing got very ugly for these two couple...since the husband (Thaying Lor) went to Laos and married a second wife....So his wife filed for divoice in 2007 and she add a little to her story (SMART)....she was kidnapped at the age of 12 (bride kidnap) and got married...she was rapped for three days before holding the wedding (When hmong couple get married, they wait three days before go back to do the wedding) anyway...now the husband is charge with five sexual assaults and an attempted assault on his wife dating back to 1991.... Read it here http://www.jsonline....e/78488037.html

What side do you take? Do you think he deserve the charge? He is about 10 years old than her.... Nowaday, lots of Hmong men went to Laos and married young girl...(even my uncles and grandpa) I feel soo sorry for all my aunty and grandma...I think Thaying deserve his charge and hopefully Hmong married men stop going over to Laos and hurting their wife.... My dad told me that he is upset because if any Hmong women get mad at their husband now....about 80 percent Hmong men will go to jail because about 80 percent of Hmong men married their wife young...lol.. I think so...my mom and dad are the same age so i told him not worry.....soooo what do you think? I'm doing a paper on this soo please give me your thoughts!!!!

Update: i feel bad for Thaying becuase he might face 110 years in prison...wow...his ex-wife must really get her revenge now....

UPDATE NEWS: http://www.jsonline....e/78790457.html

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Okay, people. Mydeepscar. You guys will hate me for saying this but he does not deserve the punishment at all. lol

Why? -It's always been Hmong's tradition, if a guy likes the girl. He can lie to her, kidnapped
her and marry her at any age.

And if he really raped her, because we live in the U.S. *raping is against the law*
why didn't she step up then and now? Why did she think of shame and not go home?
Why wait until she turned 31? why not at 16? lol I'm sure she goes to school and understand
that rapping is not the key. and why have kids with him? AND Why, go
to the mall with him in the first place?

Every hmong girl knows, the tradition. So it's funny when you act like you don't know. So what does this Hmong
woman want? lol That Hmong people should change their tradition???? lol

Doesn't make any sense at all. She is not the only Hmong women out there that got "Kidnapped"
to married a man she did not want to. She needs to blame her parents.
So, due to this. Should all Hmong women who got forced to married their husband come out to testify too? lol
There is many in Laos and here in the United States too.

I honestly think, She is only doing this because she is 31 now and think she is smart and can take revenge. lol
He is 42. Not a big age difference at all, but back then, yes it was!!!

If he wants to be with another woman, in Laos/Thailand. Be it! Let him. She is only 31. She can do way better.
But no, she's thinking of a evil way to get her husband back which is ridiculous. Her grand-kids will grow up to learn that
their grandma put their grandpa in jail for something stupid. Tradition.

- On the other hand, I do not like old men from the U.S going to Laos to married girl's from there too.
But at the same time, These Hmong men were raised to think that it is okay to married more than one wife.
Who is to be blame? who knows. Ask GVP. lol He married many wives. lol

And honestly, whatever this woman is doing. this may stop her husband but not all hmong men from going to Laos/Thailand to get
young booty. Girl's over there likes it too, so we can't only blamed the Hmong men from here. Girl's from there, are to be blamed
too. A Fact, Hmong girl's in Laos & Thailand. Those girl's who lives up in the mountain will actually moved to live with relative in the city and wait for Hmong American's during the new year. So look, both is at fault. And ever heard this phrase, its really true.
-If the bitch doesn't wag her tail. the bastard won't climb.-

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i think she is just doing it out of anger and for revenge now
because he is marrying another woman (or at least that is the story)
she could have reported this a long time ago
and she didn't have to marry him (i know lots of women who didn't marry a guy just because she was "bridenapped")
yes. i know that kidnapping and rape is against the law here in the US and many other countries.
how do we really know she was raped or not?
how do we know if it was sexual intercourse with her consent or not?
we never will, nor will anyone else.
i do hope that men out there will take this case
and not bridenap their gfs or girls that they want to marry. lol.
even though it is considered hmong cultural stuff..
remember where we live now and the laws that we must abide.

kiaalor

sarNie Egg
OK - everyone is going to be mad at my comments! But I truthly feel that no matter what happened betweeen them....which we will NEVER know....she just want to revenge him....

Yes!!!! he will be in prison for 110 years......Will this make her REALLY happy? Maybe?? But the Hmong people will gossip and say that this HMONG woman put her ex-husband in prison because he went to Thailand....Do we really KNOW that he has a wife in Thailand??? No one knows.....maybe he did have one in Thailand/Lao....

Why married to a man for so long and NOW....decided to put him in prison???? Why not at the age of 16 or 18 like others have said in here? Why wait????? This is OUR tradition. If she didn't want to married him, NO ONE CANNOT make her.....she could have run away during her wedding day....or said "NO" to him....First of all, if she didn't go with him, he CAN NEVER take her home with him.......

Also, according to the HMONG culture, her parents can go to the house and take their daughter's back....Why won't they do that? Why can't she run away??? Another thing, without her parents' permission, agreement, and approval; they can't get married right? EXACTLY!!! A HMONG wedding was held because both sides of the family agreed to arranged a wedding. Why her and her family have to lied???? Shamed on them!!!!

Just wanna to say to this lady....KARMA is a BITCH....don't think that putting him in prison...will make your life better.....what goes around comes around......

To the man....KARMA is a BITCH....you ditched your wife and went to Thailand....NOW she puts you in prison........

If she really want to do this....why don't she go and find all of these women that married at the age of 12-16 to guys that are over the age of 20s and PUT all of these guys in prison.....HOPE justice is serve......he really deservered a chance....maybe put him in jail for 15-20 years only.....NOT 110 years....he's in his 40s........He is NOT going to live up to 150 years.....It's sad that he will die in prison.......

***To others who are cons at this case....Don't get offender...this is my opinion****

stephanie

sarNie Adult
wow... thts a messed up revenge! 110 yrs is soooo ridculous!!! seriously! i mean maybe like 30-40 but 110? wtf? but i think its also the girls fault... i mean most girls over there will do about anything to come to the US... like, my uncle is 45(?) and he goes looking for a wife over there. it is sooooo distrubing! they're all like 15-18!!! i mean c'mom, we seriously cant blame it on the men. and indeed KARMA is a bitch... haha... wht goes around comes around.

mokka

sarNie Adult
WOW!!! everyone stated their view very well... that's all I have to say...

This woman is just dumb!!! not only did she put herself out there in the Hmong community to gossip about, she had put her whole family.

I think she could have find a better way to get revenge on her husband... LOL...

And like everyone who posted before said, it's TRADITION that had been passed down from generation to generations. If her parents didn't want her to marry him in the first place, they would not have consent it. If the parents never gave their consent there will not be a wedding like some odd years ago even thou she was a minor back then.

And seriously she's 31 and still young she could do so much better. She could probably find a better man. I would think if he wanted to marry a Thailand/ Laos, let him... Since the new wife doesn't know crap, he would be doing all the work and it would suck to be him. LOL!!! She is educated in the US so she could so much better... LOL!!!

I think putting him in jail is too harsh but at the same time he deserved it because that is just cruel of him to do such a thing. He MARRIED her when she was 12 years old they spend some odd years together... She gave up her "single" life at that time to be with him expecting him to love and care for her for the rest of her life. Yet, at the end, she was betrayed by him when he went to Thailand/Laos and now he just turn his back on her to find another "younger" woman. That is just wrong.

Her just doing such a thing, will open up more women's eyes since I am sure there are more women out there who had been in the same situation as her.

I don't know... I guess I can turn both ways...

D_D

sarNie Egg
OMG! This is so fu*ken du*p. My in-laws went to the Milwaukee Hmong New Year today and they saw this lady with her boyfriend. So sad for the ex-husband that was locked up in prison for 110 years while she lives happyly with the new boyfriend. What a SHAME to her and her family. Why do they have to lied......

D_D

sarNie Egg
OMG! This is so fu*ken du*p. My in-laws went to the Milwaukee Hmong New Year today and they saw this lady with her boyfriend. So sad for the ex-husband that was locked up in prison for 110 years while she lives happyly with the new boyfriend. What a SHAME to her and her family. Why do they have to lied......

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
Really a messed up case...Why would she even do that? It's her fault not finding a devoted guy to love him...
Well actually, i think all guys are like that...lol...
Anyway, why not just divorce and be single and live a life...jeez...
No need to put him in jail and broke her own reputation and make gossip...
i think she's really begging for a broken reputation...cause then other people will think less of her...
well, in my opinion...i think she should find a better way to get her revenge...
not a revenge that could backfire...

Ms.Cindy

sarNie Egg
hmm.. interest that you guys/gurls talk about this case here too lolz. Its amazing how people don't even know the beginning and the ending but yet... has so much to say about it.

Just to let you all know that my cousin (the wife) is not at bad person as some of you thinks. And the newspaper are not writing about the real true either. They just want to sale their business too.

All come down to he say/ she say--GOSSIPS

Ms.Cindy

sarNie Egg
By reading this article, yes it does sound like thaying is the victim of the Hmong culture. But the true has nothing to do with culture.

People! People! News is news… News people are just making the story bigger than it really is so they can sale their products. We as a citizen should know this already so don’t believe everything on the article. As to people say, it is not what it seem.

The 110 yrs—just the journalist added all the max years together. It is not the actually sentence, Thaying sentence is still unknown yet. And the $3000 dowry is not the mother said, it is from there Hmong contract paper of the price $3000 for the parent and asking the parent not to call police. The mother in law has nothing to do with this saying.

Anyway… there are so much to explain from beginning to the ending, but what can be more true than just go down to the court house and print the transcript and read yourself huh… that will give you the real true of the story instead of going by he says she says…GOSSIPS.

Just to let you all know…. Hmong Culture or 18 Clan system is not in trial here. What thaying in trial for is rape. He raped his wife.. from the beginning of the marriage to the end of the marriage. He was charged for five count of rape and one count of tried to rape her but he was not successful while the ex wife already fill for divorced. That is total of six counts that are against him.

In fact, due to the lawyers and judge aware of our Hmong culture that is why thaying might get lighter sentences to all the charges.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
this case is gross y rape the girl before marriage...eww...i side with the gal..
Who knows, who raped who. lol Only them two knows what really happened. :D someone is lying.

hmm.. interest that you guys/gurls talk about this case here too lolz. Its amazing how people don't even know the beginning and the ending but yet... has so much to say about it.

Just to let you all know that my cousin (the wife) is not at bad person as some of you thinks. And the newspaper are not writing about the real true either. They just want to sale their business too.

All come down to he say/ she say--GOSSIPS
That's why it's called Gossip. dur. lol
Oh so i see, you are related to the wife. haha Well, We never said she was a bad person and true we have much to say
because of what it says on the newspaper. Maybe you should tell them to get their facts right then. :D

Just to let you all know…. Hmong Culture or 18 Clan system is not in trial here. What thaying in trial for is rape. He raped his wife.. from the beginning of the marriage to the end of the marriage. He was charged for five count of rape and one count of tried to rape her but he was not successful while the ex wife already fill for divorced. That is total of six counts that are against him.

In fact, due to the lawyers and judge aware of our Hmong culture that is why thaying might get lighter sentences to all the charges.
This is the thing, who knows if he raped her for three consecutive days or not. lol
I wasn't there. Were you there? lol Only the two of them will know what really happened.

She can be making up stuff to take on revenge. lol He can also be lying to get away too. By the way, in the U.S. Americans are more sided with the women. True? :D

What's funny about this topic is, why is she complaining now? lol im sure your cousin went to school. She could have told her teachers and speak up then, why now? lol Don't make any sense.

happy_tears

sarNie Egg
Who knows, who raped who. lol Only them two knows what really happened. :D someone is lying.

That's why it's called Gossip. dur. lol
Oh so i see, you are related to the wife. haha Well, We never said she was a bad person and true we have much to say
because of what it says on the newspaper. Maybe you should tell them to get their facts right then. :D

This is the thing, who knows if he raped her for three consecutive days or not. lol
I wasn't there. Were you there? lol Only the two of them will know what really happened.

She can be making up stuff to take on revenge. lol He can also be lying to get away too. By the way, in the U.S. Americans are more sided with the women. True? :D

What's funny about this topic is, why is she complaining now? lol im sure your cousin went to school. She could have told her teachers and speak up then, why now? lol Don't make any sense.

I agree on everything you say YM_gurl...

Ms.Cindy, that why this news is in the gossip section...

Ms.Cindy

sarNie Egg
I am glad to see that someone else tragedy become a joke and laughter for you. Just keep on laughing your merry way. Incase you don’t notice, not all hmong women are strong and able to stand up for themselves especially victim that in a domestic violence and sexual assault relationship.

In fact, she didn’t even want to bring this up. All she wants is to get divorce and let them go on their own way. The reason it came up because he brought it up, not her. He think that if he said he raises her since 12yrs till now and asking for the judge to make her pay him spouse maintaince than she will have to pay him back. Also he thinks that if he mention about the suicidal attempts than the judge will place all the children with him so he won’t have to pay child support. This is how all these brought up, and when the truth comes out than the deputy from the family court reported to the DA office. That is how he got caught and arrested. NOT HER

Who knows about the rape, you asked. The children know and they witness it. No one witness the first couple days but just to let you know; when anyone over age sleeps with a manner doesn’t matter if it’s welling or not- in the eyes of laws it is rape. This is same for girl or boy. The older children are the witness to the rape that accord while in the marriage; the children had helped their mother many times. He always rapes her when he return from his trip to Laos because she was afraid of him bringing transmit diseases back to her so she would refuse to sleep with him. There were two times that he hit her and rape her which results in her tried to attempts suicide and end up in the hospital. He knows what he did but his excused was that she was his wife, he brought her so he own her, and that give him the right to do what he did.

In the U.S. of Americans, they are not always side with the women as you said. The law is here to protect the victim doesn’t matter if the victim is a man or a woman. Most of cases are just happen to be women because they are weak ones.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I am glad to see that someone else tragedy become a joke and laughter for you. Just keep on laughing your merry way. Incase you don’t notice, not all hmong women are strong and able to stand up for themselves especially victim that in a domestic violence and sexual assault relationship.

In fact, she didn’t even want to bring this up. All she wants is to get divorce and let them go on their own way. The reason it came up because he brought it up, not her. He think that if he said he raises her since 12yrs till now and asking for the judge to make her pay him spouse maintaince than she will have to pay him back. Also he thinks that if he mention about the suicidal attempts than the judge will place all the children with him so he won’t have to pay child support. This is how all these brought up, and when the truth comes out than the deputy from the family court reported to the DA office. That is how he got caught and arrested. NOT HER

Who knows about the rape, you asked. The children know and they witness it. No one witness the first couple days but just to let you know; when anyone over age sleeps with a manner doesn’t matter if it’s welling or not- in the eyes of laws it is rape. This is same for girl or boy. The older children are the witness to the rape that accord while in the marriage; the children had helped their mother many times. He always rapes her when he return from his trip to Laos because she was afraid of him bringing transmit diseases back to her so she would refuse to sleep with him. There were two times that he hit her and rape her which results in her tried to attempts suicide and end up in the hospital. He knows what he did but his excused was that she was his wife, he brought her so he own her, and that give him the right to do what he did.

In the U.S. of Americans, they are not always side with the women as you said. The law is here to protect the victim doesn’t matter if the victim is a man or a woman. Most of cases are just happen to be women because they are weak ones.
You are not your cousin so don't speak for her. lol
btw, there are two sides to a story. Don't believe everything your cousin tell you. haha

I agreed, not every Hmong women have the courage to step up like your cousin because they are not
ignorant. A smart and strong Hmong woman will do what's best for herself and her kids whether then to
seek for revenge. After all, the person who she calls a rapist, is the father of her kids. lol

So do you think what your cousin is doing is courage??
She is putting herself on the spot. Shame. lol

As for your cousin's Ex-Husband, he is a rapist. If he really did raped your cousin.
Again, who knows what really happened. You can't believe neither.

Don't hate, for I got much to say and will express my opinions.

Welcome to the "GOSSIP SECTION" :D Enjoy reading. :D

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
him marrying a 2nd younger wife is wrong. the 2nd wife should feel ashame of herself (then again, most of those people dont have no shame over there . . . my great uncle who kept calling to ask for money thinking that we grow money on tree. really, enough is enough!)

as for the ex-wife charge. well i think its wrong. its part of tradition. i think the guy deserve something, a few years but 110 years is a lot. however, if you think about it. the ex-wife probably didnt have any choice back in those days <.< hopefully this case will teach pervy old men to stay with their wife. "till death due us part" no? lol

D_D

sarNie Egg
You are not your cousin so don't speak for her. lol
btw, there are two sides to a story. Don't believe everything your cousin tell you. haha

I agreed, not every Hmong women have the courage to step up like your cousin because they are not
ignorant. A smart and strong Hmong woman will do what's best for herself and her kids whether then to
seek for revenge. After all, the person who she calls a rapist, is the father of her kids. lol

So do you think what your cousin is doing is courage??
She is putting herself on the spot. Shame. lol

As for your cousin's Ex-Husband, he is a rapist. If he really did raped your cousin.
Again, who knows what really happened. You can't believe neither.

Don't hate, for I got much to say and will express my opinions.

Welcome to the "GOSSIP SECTION" :D Enjoy reading. :D

I agree with you YM_Gurl. We dont know who is telling the truth..its them that know the truth....if he's really that bad...why married him for all these years and have all these kids.....should have run away if he really rape her for 3 days.....like she said he did....

Like I mentioned earlier, my in-laws saw her at the Hmong Milwaukee New Year with her boyfriend.......could be that she's doing this because she's got someone new....who knows.......

This is the gossip section and people will say and gossip......

kylehlub

sarNie Egg
Only uneducated people think what he did was justified. Who cares if she did it out of anger or revenge. That is a stupid counter argument. The issue is forced marriages and rape. If you are Hmong, you know that under aged forced marriages and under age cultural rape happens all the time. More Hmong than him should be arrested and if you are defending him, you're likely defending your own action, actions of those around you, or your own denial of how messed up Hmong marriage dynamics really are. The only way for us to start changing is for us to realized the wrongs and stand up for it so that it can start changing. Cultural pressure prohibits many from speaking out and we knew that the bubble was only going to get so big before it explode and becomes media.

D_D

sarNie Egg
Only uneducated people think what he did was justified. Who cares if she did it out of anger or revenge. That is a stupid counter argument. The issue is forced marriages and rape. If you are Hmong, you know that under aged forced marriages and under age cultural rape happens all the time. More Hmong than him should be arrested and if you are defending him, you're likely defending your own action, actions of those around you, or your own denial of how messed up Hmong marriage dynamics really are. The only way for us to start changing is for us to realized the wrongs and stand up for it so that it can start changing. Cultural pressure prohibits many from speaking out and we knew that the bubble was only going to get so big before it explode and becomes media.
Do you know for sure that this is a force marriage?.....Were you there when they got married? If this is really a force marriage, then why are her parents being just a ass and big fat liar....Why...why....why...wait ALLL THESE YEARS......she goes to school, she's an educated person NOT like her ex-husband.....she couldnt have done something back then.....why NOW????