Wedding Dresses & Ideas

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
Hahahah...I told my oldest son that he needs to get married to one of the girls at church. I nicely, point out the pastor's daughter cause they are like 3 years apart. He was like no...mommy. She creeps me out every time she sees me. She gives me this look that makes me want to hurt her lol.
He says that now, wait till he becomes a teenager. There are limited little girls in our church so he might have to fight for her :)
Uh watch out for those pastor's daughters lol. Have you never watch any movies? Lol

So question ladies, what will you do with your wedding dress afterward? Sell it or hand it down to your daughters, that is if they want it or you have a daughter lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I didn't wear a wedding dress for my wedding all were traditional outfits and it's a good thing that I didn't buy one cause I don't have any daughters to give to.

Honestly, I don't care who they get married to cause they are the ones living with the girls not me. My oldest son said he already has a girlfriend lol.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Aww i love traditional dresses from all countries. I think it is so respectful to your heritage when brides chooses to wear them. I wore mine too, it was handed down from one generation to another and I was the 4th one to wear them. Sadly it might end with me unless I find a sperm donar to give me a daughter soon lol.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Wow...I'm behind on commenting lol.

I am in this organization & it was last year that we started to have an annual charity work. Weeks before Thanksgiving we would have canned food drive & all the canned foods we got from the drive will be donated to the Food Bank when we come there & volunteer our time helping to pack foods into boxes. I like to do this kind of charity/volunteer works. I get to donate my money by buying canned foods as well as volunteering my time & effort at the Food Bank, I get to help out at the same time having fun too.

I like the idea of donations for wells, fresh water is a necessity. I like the idea of educational help also, knowledge is power hehe. I also teach in the organization I am involved in. There is this quote that I like very much "give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

I will be back to comment more lol.

cecilia

Staff member
^I grew up with that quote ... my mother is a hardworking woman -- so she always taught us that as long as we have two hands and two feet we can do just about anything -- don't wait around for someone to feed us when we can do that ourselves lol

Ms.Zoe

My mom is a hardworking woman too. I guess the majority of Asian women are hardworking women. I don't think I could be as hardworking as her but I will try to do my best. I agree!

cecilia

Staff member
I feel most Asian moms are hard workers.  Sometimes, they overwork themselves for us -- well, my mom does it for us kids lol

Anyway, I'm just reminded that the Hmong new year is coming up .. everyone wants to dress up in tradition clothing .. I'm excited because I have not worn mine for some 10+ years lol It'll be pretty with the colorful leaves around :)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I am too lazy to be a hard working woman. I like being taken care of. I grew up living in a bubble and all my life I always have someone there taking care of me.

Of course, I love my kids to do anything for them...for us to survive but if I don't have to...shoot hubby can work for all of us hahhaah

Our church adopted this elementary school that most kids that goes there are at the poverty level or close to it. We have night of wonders every December to pass out gifts and serve a hot meal. It breaks my heart when you see these kids very happy to receive a gift. When I look at them it made me realized how blessed life is in general.

We buy backpacks for kids and we collect coats. It's a good feeling when you can help out. My little boy was so cute. I saw his shoes that was when he was about 2 years old. I wanted to throw it away. He told me no, that to keep it for a boy that is poor and can't afford to buy shoes.

I gave him a hug and told him, he was right and it's nice of him to think of others. His favorite quote: Sharing is important.

cecilia

Staff member
^He's going to grow up to be a good man because of a his awesome mom.  

Sometime I wish I grew up in a bubble but considering how harsh the world has become I'm glad I'm brought up the way I am -- it taught me to be stronger (well, except when I'm sick ... I have this habit of missing everyone as I become vulnerable/emotional lol) 

Ms.Zoe

I agree that they overwork themselves for their children & it is sometimes difficult to see them overwork like that but they just love their children so much that somehow they are not tired but happy. Some Asian women in today's society are so hardworking, they have their day job & take care of the family when they are at home so if I am married, my hubby needs to help me with the house chores lol.

Really? I wear my traditional clothing every year for my New Year hehe. It is not comfortable but I feel proud & feminine when I wear it lol. And there are songs about our traditional clothings so when I hear the songs I feel so much pride that the pride overshadow the uncomfortableness lol.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
My mom still works hard and she is passed retirement age. My brother and I kept nagging her to retire but she said she'll get bored staying home since my dad passed. I mean she can travel but she said she does that anyways so we can't win. I think my great grandfather's words really stuck with her. He kept telling us that we must all work hard to keep the money flowing in because it is never ours to spend it all, we have our future generations to take care of.

cecilia

Staff member
I'm usually not into New Year beside vendor booths, food, and fruits. I only attend them to take photo or listen/watch some of the performance ... dressing up for new year can be a bit hassle but since I have not done it for a very long time I look forward to it. I just bought a Hmong necklace recently and want to put it into use as well lol

I want a helpful husband too .. but it's hard to find one these days with all these non-commit men lol I don't know if I'll be a good mom but I'll make sure to not spoil my kids too much ... will teach them to be humble and kind to everyone b/c a nice gesture can go a long way.

Ms.Zoe

Ok where was I? Back to commenting lol

A backyard wedding sounds very cozy & family oriented. I like decorations too like those DIY crafts. Back then I was really into DIY stuff so I bought many things which thinking about them now I was kind of crazy back then because to these days I have not used them & it is too late to return them now lol. Are jegging & tight skinny jean the same? For boots I like ankle boots since I am not tall plus my legs could breathe more with them on.

Yup, the two items you bought are very nice. Good choices! I like the dress with the shawl making it very elegant & princess like. The long blouse is nice for outing & work, it goes well with legging & jegging lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I love watching four weddings. Some of the girls comes up with the cutest idea. Though, in a sense it's not fair. Cause some girls have a budget of $75K going up against a girl with a budget of $25K.

Ms.Zoe

I agree, not wise to spend so much money on a wedding which no one knows if the marriage will last, not much face value there, harsh to say that but really no one knows what the future may hold. Save the money to buy a house together, pay bills - house, car, grocery, children lol & etc.

That is one of the reasons why I am afraid to have sons lol. The thought of them falling for not so good girls & the girls took things that they could have returned if they have the decency to.

There was this news about a bride sending a bill of $75 to the couple who could not attend her wedding. And there was this news about the bride & her family inviting the homeless to a $35,000 wedding reception at a four-star hotel after the groom got cold feet days before.

Ms.Zoe

I watched the news today & there is this news on a heirloom Victorian wedding dress that is handed down within the family for 120 years & 11 brides had wore it. To answer Ncmeowmeow35's question, well pretend I am married & wore a nice wedding dress traditional or non traditional or both lol, I will hand it down to my daughters (if I have daughters). If one daughter does not want it, the other(s) may & if none want it then their daughters (my granddaughters) may want it lol. I will hand them my jewelries as well lol.

@beachboy777 - which traditional clothes do you want to wear on your wedding day?

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
Yeah, spending that much money is horrible. People nowadays don't even make the 5 years mark let alone the 7 years itch.
So true! Lol a small intimate wedding is just as beautiful. The dress don't need to be designers that cost thousands of dollars. You don't have to serve lobster, kobes, and gold sheet wedding cakes. Your flowers don't need to be rare and cost thousands of dollars, the venue don't need to be able the housed a thousand people and you don't need to invite 500 people. UNLESS you're a billionaire lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
A small wedding of about 100 people is good enough. Those are just close friends and relatives. Because at the end, you want only people that are there for you during your bad times to enjoy the most happy time.

I would love to renew my vow because we got married 16th years ago in a Buddhist ceremony but we now are Christians and wants to have it at the church we are attending because it means a lot to me and also our pastor to marry us.