Wedding Dresses & Ideas

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I like jewelries. Fake or real, I like them all lol but I don't wear them much, l Iike to collect them. When I shop, I usually do not walk to the clothing aisles but to the jewelry aisles first to let my eyes explore lol. Jewelries are one of those things women could not get enough of lol.

I got my ears pierced when I was only a few hours old. The lady who helped deliver me pierced my ears so I could not remember if it hurt or not lol.

I think it is romantic when a man helps his woman wearing the necklace he gave her.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I do have a lot of stuff from places my husband has been. Before I wanted a little piece of jewelry, I had my husband buys me charms for my charm bracelet. When he was in Australia, I had him buy me a Kangaroo charm that was so cute. And when I had all the charms around the bracelet all of a sudden gotten too overwhelming lol.

I think, Bali will be the last place that I will have him buy jewelry from. As much as I hate the 24 hours plane ride, that place hold a special spot in my heart. I like the idea of collecting as many jewelries around the world but then again, I don't have any daughter(s) to pass them to. If I give them to my boys and they end up giving them to their wife and what if they end up divorcing, then that's a total waste hahahah

cecilia

Staff member
LOL ... man putting a necklace on a woman .. reminds me of what someone said to me when I mentioned about 'helping my husband shave his beard' lol -- Can we be superficial and say that it's just as scary .. a man with a necklace is as scary as a woman with a knife lol -- Nah, I'll be positive and won't kill this mood for you. It's simply beautiful on movie and perhaps, in real life, if the man you love truly love you and do that for you. I would certainly help shave my man's beard with love and gentle care :) How can you be cruel enough to even think negative of it --- trust is definitely the issue here. If I don't love him anymore I will not do it for him .. will only do it when the 'love' is still full lol

I used to buy a lot of ring when I was younger .. but I lost it all because I got bore and phased out of it. I get easily phased out with things but never with clothes. I love clothes and shoes more than jewelry. This does not mean that I have a big closet full of it .. I have just enough to get me by and whenever I don't need things I either sell it or donate it -- mostly donate but since I gain a few moolah from just starting to sell them recently i'm going to continue with that. My poor pocket needs some change to sit in -- and I need more new clothes for the workforce too. 

Anyway, I like custom jewelries too. My favorite usually are bangles and dangling earrings (goes well with long dresses) .. not so much of necklaces and rings lol (kind of phase out on it). Pearls are beautiful --- always a plus on nude clothing lol -- no, no, not like what you think. Nude as in light colors -- cream, white, ivory, and etc. lol

I like accessories -- like bags, especially cross body bags -- so pretty! I blame it on my friend, Dal. She got me started on it lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have a lot of clothes and shoes too. I can never have enough of them. I can go without jewelry but I will no stop shopping for clothes and shoes. My church is having a "lady swap" this Saturday. Where you bring in clothes, shoes and accessories that you no longer want (has to be in good condition) lol. And we take turn taking what we want and the ones that are left over will be donated to Salvation Army or Six Stones. I am so excited because I really like looking at other people's stuff.

I will be bringing about 10 bags (big trash bags) and 2 bags of shoes hahahha....The only problem is, there's going to be one girl who wears a size small and one girl who wears my shoes size. One older lady in her late 70s will be the only other one that wear a size small. But I am sure she's not interested in what I am bringing lol. I want to go through her stuff though because she might have some vintage dress that I like. Like they say, someone's trash can be your treasure.

I usually save my clothes and give it to one of our church member that goes to Honduras every year on a mission. When I give my clothes to him, I always feel I am doing something good.

cecilia

Staff member
That's so sweet of you .. I donate some and sell some to make it a win-win for me. I wish I can donate more ... someday when I have enough to help my family then I'll reach out as much as I can. For now, I can only offer my times (volunteer) and a little bit of donation from here and there. Can't do it excessively because I need to look after myself first :(

I can't do second hand clothing/shoes :( -- I wish I have the courage to do it so that I can save and help more but I can't. Maybe someday ... maybe this is why sometimes I contradict myself because I will donate my clothes but I will not take donation for myself. I guess I'm so used to caring for myself at such a young age that the option to take things freely just don't click in my head. Or maybe the thought in me that someone else can use the item better than me pushes me to not want to take anything unless I buy it or given for free by big corporate/companies lol -- I suppose this is another way for me to look at giving to others by not hauling it all for myself, if that make any senses lol

I want to visit Thailand in the future and hope to do some charity to bring things oversea to the hill tribe people who lives in my aunts/uncles area.  I know they can use just about anything but I will mostly do/ask for educational things. Giving someone a paper and pencil to lead them to a better future have always been a goal of mine -- hoping to touch a little on it in the future.  

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I am not good with second hand stuff as well. I feel uncomfortable taking from people but love giving it away. This is our first year at church where we are having a lady swap. If it works out we will invite others in the community to join.

Our church does a lot with the community so that's one way I was able to give out stuff. I like this one program where you donate $15 for a well so people would have fresh water. I love those stuff. I try to do as much as I can even if it's not a lot. Sometimes to us, it might not be a lot...just a few dollars but that can feed a family in other countries.

But yes, charity doesn't have to be big...it's from the heart that counts.

cecilia

Staff member
I'm all about the hearts <3

I don't volunteer often due to my busy schedule but I always make time to do it once a year during Christmas time to help with the diaper fund raising event at the mall ... it fills my heart that some families will benefits from the little work that I contribute :)

Sorry, Zoe. I think we went off topic on your Wedding Thread lol

Onto topic .. I want my wedding to be anywhere that works for him and me .. I'm chill chill about it as long as my family/friends are able to attend it lol Destination are nice but what matter is the two sealing their lives together .. if we're happy then it doesn't matter. Could be in the back yard if we can't afford a nice place to announce our wedding lol A little decoration here and there will do the magic. Speaking of that ... I like decoration .. one of my problem is that when I see things I see ideas and when I have ideas I buy them. Some I use and some I don't ... but I still return it in the end when I don't use it though lol Need to be savvy penny at some point in time lol

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
@byebye - hahaha, you do think ahead hehe. As a woman, I think it is nice to receive a heirloom from the man's family.

@cecilia - agree, trust is important. It is hard to love someone if you don't trust him/her. I like handmade jewelry with gemstones but they are pricy though. I have more cross body bags than any other kinds of bags.

I usually surprise my family & friends with what I wear. They would get surprised when they see me all dressed up & with make up. I am a simple kind of gal when it comes to clothes, shoes, accessories & make up. I like to wear denim shirts & print long blouses with tight jeans/black leggings along with flats, a cross body bag, stud earrings & minimal make up lol. I like to put my hair up in a bun but since my hair weigh heavy, I could not so I end up with pony tail hair instead lol.

No problem, feel free to continue to go off topic ladies lol. I sometimes go off topic too...I like to see off topic comments than no comments at all so all comments are WELCOMED :lol:.

I will be back to comment more.

cecilia

Staff member
Legging are comfortable .. I like them over big shirts or dress shirt. I have to dress for work and outing .. only time when I don't doll up is when I'm at home on the weekend w/family and sometimes with friends lol They always see the worst side of me :p

The foundation of love is trust ... and I truly believe on that. If I trust him and he trust me then our love will survive until death do us part, right? lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Before I have IC I wear jeans during the winter but now w I can't. I only wear leggings during winter. I love me some comfy jacket ls though. Even though where I am is hot majority of the time I collect jackets and boots. My husband wonders why I need like 20 jackets when winter last about a month here sometimes lol

cecilia

Staff member

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol spending so much money on a wedding is such a waste and I'm speaking from experience. I think big expensive wedding is only done for face value. People say it's for a beautiful memory but heck you don't need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars or millions to have a beautiful memory. What i never agreed on are couples or families who take out loans or go into debt to just have their "once in a lifetime dream" wedding. That's just dumb.

cecilia

Staff member
^I could not agree ... that money could be invested in other ways lol
A wedding is between two so it shouldn't have to be so big .. 
Wedding dress can be less than $500 and ring less than 5K :)

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Mine was so costly that I weep everytime I think about it lol. A big costly beautiful wedding does not guarantee a happily ever after.

cecilia

Staff member
That sounds sad ... a small family one will be fine. Make it as closely and cozy as possible to have a fond memory rather than a painful one when both go their separate ways (let's hope no but things happen so ...) 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
I do have a lot of stuff from places my husband has been. Before I wanted a little piece of jewelry, I had my husband buys me charms for my charm bracelet. When he was in Australia, I had him buy me a Kangaroo charm that was so cute. And when I had all the charms around the bracelet all of a sudden gotten too overwhelming lol.

I think, Bali will be the last place that I will have him buy jewelry from. As much as I hate the 24 hours plane ride, that place hold a special spot in my heart. I like the idea of collecting as many jewelries around the world but then again, I don't have any daughter(s) to pass them to. If I give them to my boys and they end up giving them to their wife and what if they end up divorcing, then that's a total waste hahahah
Lol I returned all the family jewels to his mom. She cried when I gave it back but she did refused to take back the set his father gave her on their wedding day. She said no matter what, I am still her daughter in law but I told her when she gets a new one to let me know and I would gladly give the set back to her.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Lol I returned all the family jewels to his mom. She cried when I gave it back but she did refused to take back the set his father gave her on their wedding day. She said no matter what, I am still her daughter in law but I told her when she gets a new one to let me know and I would gladly give the set back to her.
That is nice of you to do that but with my luck I probably end up with one of those daughter-in-law that wants everything and the only thing my sons leave with is his (family jewel) that probably got him in that situation to begin with lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
That is nice of you to do that but with my luck I probably end up with one of those daughter-in-law that wants everything and the only thing my sons leave with is his (family jewel) that probably got him in that situation to begin with lol
Lol sounds like my aunt in law. She wanted everything and was pissed when my grandparents left most of the stuff to my dad and us. She said it was unfair. Don't know how that is so when my dad is the first born AND he took care of everything while my uncle does nothing and his wife,the aunt, spend money like water.

You'll just have to teach you sons to watch out for those type lol. Might be hard though cus even those praeks are beyond stupid and they said arts inmitate life right? Lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hahahah...I told my oldest son that he needs to get married to one of the girls at church. I nicely, point out the pastor's daughter cause they are like 3 years apart. He was like no...mommy. She creeps me out every time she sees me. She gives me this look that makes me want to hurt her lol.

He says that now, wait till he becomes a teenager. There are limited little girls in our church so he might have to fight for her :)