wat should i do?

puppylov

sarNie Adult
I'm so stressed out right now and i think i need to let it out and hoping u guys could gimme some advice. Ok, well I jus graduated in nursing. Trying to find a job in the East Coast and it's not what I expected. They offered me jobs that I am not interested in it and most of those jobs preferred some sort of experience and I am jus a recent graduate. I kno the West Coast really needed nurses and they hire people without experience. I would luv to go to Cali, but u see it's a big step. First of all, Im so dependent on my family and I do want to try to experience life on my own. The main problem is my mom. I dun wan to leave her cuz she is old. It's not that i dun have anybody to take care of her, but Im still worried no matter what. She has a lot of children that can take care of her, but I'm the youngest and all of my siblings are already married. So, i dun think they put much effort in taking care of my mom and it's not like they r gonna abandon her. Hmm...maybe I sounded like not trusting them. Well, part of me is like that, but they r great brothers and sisters. It's jus that Im the most loved one and it's hard. I dun want to leave my mom cuz she is old and i kno she will miss me a lot since she is close to me in terms of sharing her feelings. U kno when u have a family u think of them more than ur own family. Tats is what im thinkin and that's y i dun really trust my siblings. But i really want to get an opportunity in Calif, but I won't stay there for 3 yrs cuz I will come back. Plus, i dun really kno anyone in cali except one. By the way the place is Turlock, Ca. Is that an ok place? i kno this is long, but i feel like a need to share.

darvil

sarNie Adult
This is a crossroad in your life, now you got to make a decision. I suppose bringing your mother with you is out of the question?

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
Hi puppylov,

i understand ur feelings cos i feel the same with my mother. But even u worry much about ur mother, there's one day you will have to live and experience life on ur own.

Is there any job opportunity where u live? If yes, but the jobs are not what u expect, just give it a try. We never know if something is good or bad before we try. Plus it could be a great first step for u, and will bring u ur first experience, the one u need to find a better position where u live. Just try and besides that u can search for another one at the same time. We can expect much from the first work u know, cos young graduated ppl are not in a position of negotiation lol.
Working is made of many steps u know. U begin with nothing and u improve ur own skills day by day, u learn, and with experience, that's how u can value ur profile and find a better place, the one u want. (wow Jen u are repeating urself hihi !!)

If u dun really wanna apply for these jobs, the only one solution to ur dilemma is to move and search elsewhere. U can maybe go for one or two years to have enough experience and come back and live with ur mom. Just think that it's just for a short time and u will be back and take care of her emotionally and financially.

For ur siblings, having their own family doesn't mean that they will love ur mom less and their family more, it's just a different kind of love, they won't leave her if something happens na. You have to trust them cos they all love ur mother as much as you do...We have only one mom lol.

But if you really wanna be independant, visit the West Coast and its beauty lol, dun hesitate, just go !!!! You are still in the same country as her no? lol and when there are vacation you can come back and spend time with her....There's always a solution Puppylov.

Ok i will come back in this topic if i find somethin more hihi !!!! dun think too much !

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Chase your dreams, if you want something to happen u have to make it happen not wait around for it to find u. thats the best advice my teacher gave me so i want to pass it on. And ur mom i am sure she will understand if u have to move to find work. I am not sure where Turlock, CA is other than its in Stanislaus County but if you are certain that there are job opportunities there then go. It's hard to leave but I think its better to go when u have the opportunity instead of regretting later in life. Your other siblings will be there for ur mom, trust me they will, after all like Jen said they only have one mom.

puppylov

sarNie Adult
well, im thinking about going there for a yr or 2 and i will come back to the East Coast. Along with that i want to be a travelling nurse, so no matter wat I will have to leave and it's a matter of now or later. I can't really bring my mom cuz i8 dun hav no income to support her right now and i think she will be lonely while i work. i think it's best if she stays here cuz she has lots of people/children that can help her. Is Turlock near Los Angeles? Actually, i did an externship at a hospital, but it's just kinda hard to get a job esp as a new graduate unless u r lucky or have a connection. I think there r better benefits in the West Coast and the West really need more nurses than the East.

TURLOCK = NOR CAL so its not near LA or anything. its actually near my hometown (STOCKTON). haha. but its actually a quiet town if you ask me. what the heck do i know. i only been there one time. haha. but i have friends that are going to school in TURLOCK. well good luck!!

ChaosAngelz

sarNie Juvenile
well maybe you have to see interms of the long run because this is a big step that will change your life. Your mom is important but shes not gonna be there for ever so you will need to be more independant and your mom as you said has a lot of children so you have to rely on your brothers and sisters.
Sometimes opportunities comes knocking at your door but you just have to open it.

your mom will understand and you can always visit

noungning

Heartless
wow. this is what i had going thru my mind a few times. but it's not just my mom it's my whole family. i'm very family dependent. i get homesick by being away from them for just a day. being away from them for a year or more is like WHOA!

well ok, i didn't find great jobs in the east either, and i also had the option of leaving. my parents are openly supportive, but they will have their set backs where they are like, "but how will you live"... i've contemplated going to school in sacremento cali, but many things came across my mind. how will i live, how will i be able to support myself? well but your case is sort of different because you will be going to work there. before you go out there...research how you will live, how you will pay and will this all benefit your financial side? is it worth it to go out there to make X and then when you pay off your living expenses... u make Z, when you can live with your mom, take that not so great job and still make Z?

i live in the east and i know exactly what you mean, i've been looking for a decent job for about 2 years nows, and there is really nothing. and i guess the best way is to try different places. as long as you have something on your resume, they will look at you. in the east coast, nurses start off about 23 per hour, you may have to start at 20 before getting 23...

trust me, i understand where you are coming from, i've spent tens of thousand for school and just picking up jobs that i've never thought i'd be doing... but i guess as it goes by, it's not as bad. but my perspective of it all might be totally different from yours.

but if you choose to go to have the life experience from home, make sure u are positive of where you are going, moving somewhere new isn't cheap, make sure you have the job secured so you don't go out there thinking you do, but don't.

good luck :)

puppylov

sarNie Adult
actually, in the east coast nurses make about 27- 30 an hr as a starting, but in cali it's 32- 40 or soemthing cuz cali is an expensive place. Yea, im going there to work and even if my mom dun support me i should still have money to support myself cuz im goin there to work, but then i need at least several thousand b4 i go to get settle with housing, rent, ot watever. i kno it's not easy to live by youself cuz u hav to pay everything yourself. my friend came from the East, but now she is living in the West Coast and i heard about this hospital from her and that's is one thing im not so worried about.Im scared that i might make a wrong decision and u kno notjing is positive or certain in the future. I dun want to regret about moving or staying. I want it to be positive, but it's not certain and things can go wrong. If i go there i might be home sick for the several weeks and might want to come back, but can't. Its a tough decision. Thanks!!!

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Yes, this has to be one those moments in life to take it or pass it. Do what you think is best for your family, but mostly for yourself........ and I guess the best question to ask is "What will you regret most for not going?" If you can come up with several good meaningful answers for that and one weigh more than the other, go with it.

noungning

Heartless
well i work with lifespan, and i know for a fact nurses make 22 per hour. and that's for a start, this company has more than 35 thousand employees, so u might've heard of them before.

well since you know for sure moving out will land you a job there at 32-40 per hour, i think u should go for it, and housing, maybe since u have a friend there u can live with her? but if you're planning to live alone... housing is already looking pretty expensive.

yeah i guess i am right tho, u will be going there and picking up heavy expenses so it'd just be like getting a taste of life on it's own while making the same money u make here, in the east coast.

sarN

sarNie Granny
im a mommy girl . if i goes somewhere i will have to take her too . I drop alots of my dream for my mom lolz -- do i regret --- Yup ! but i get over it and luck is alway by myself so i end up getting wat i want at the end but it just me haha . Girl , just go there and see if u can get a job there and if u do just bring ur mom to stay with u too or wait a couple year till u settle down a bit and den bring her ?

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
Turlock is a quiet town. Its in Northern California and its near where I live. Its a college town, CSU Stanislaus is located there.
I don't think the expense to live in Turlock is that much. At least when my sister lived in Turlock it wasn't that expensive. You can find an apartment for a reasonable price.

Even though you don't want to leave your mom you need to live your own life. Have faith in your siblings. Maybe you should talk to them about your plans and your fears about leaving your mom. Do what's best for you.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Turlock... yikes... out in la la land of California. buwahaaa

If you have options to stay vs. go... consider which locale is better. Turlock is rather dull. But if you think East Coast is boring too...

Best wishes on your choice.

Be good to your doctors. :^P

puppylov

sarNie Adult
hMM.NURSES IN THE East Coast make 23 as starting. Kinda weird cuz i kno a lot of people who are RNs getting around 27-30 an hr. Well, b4 nurses dun make as much at an entrance level, but now they raise the wages. Do u mean nurses as RNs? I got this offer in a subacute unit and the starting was 27.38 night shift, but then I didn't accepted it cuz i wanted to work in a different unit. Subacute is like a rehab and i want to work in a hospital. So, u r a nurse too and where r u from in the East Coast?

noungning

Heartless
no i'm not a nurse.

i work in rhode island hospital, doing administrative work.

so yeah i don't know the aspect of nurses, but i know that's where they start at. and yes, working in various departments will likely vary what you will be making. um, hmm i have to check if that's what RNs make.