Wanting to learn lao alphabets...

Greensmurf

sarNie Hatchling
I've been wanting to learn the lao alphabets for a while now. But never really got into it... does anyone know an easy way to learn it? I'm going to Laos in 2 months and it would be useful if I know even a little bit... I am Laos btw and I can ask my parents but they're nver around so ya...any helpful sites or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks :spin:

dfemc

sarNie Adult
I've been wanting to learn the lao alphabets for a while now. But never really got into it... does anyone know an easy way to learn it? I'm going to Laos in 2 months and it would be useful if I know even a little bit... I am Laos btw and I can ask my parents but they're nver around so ya...any helpful sites or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks :spin:
yeah, u can buy maaad books when u get there. i'll be going there myself in december. :yahoo:
we'll prolly trail the mekong in passing.

Greensmurf

sarNie Hatchling
LOL! Ya that'd be crazy dfemc... anyways i went to the site monkey5 reccED and it was really useful... but sooo hard! i cant believe how hard the lao alphabets are...wow! Soo many twists and curves...my mind went in a loop! Anyways, im learning it slowly so thank you guys for the help.

To: dfemc---- are you talking about lao text books? or reading books? I hope they have books that teaches u the lao language...reading and writing. I can speak/understand fine but its just wierd how i've never really thought about trying to read/write it.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yaaah...it's purdy huh. u'll pick up after awhile. just keep practicing the simple words. it's very rythmic, consonants then vowel, consants then vowel is pretty much the pattern.

so yeah u can pick up little kid's elementary school books in lao, which would be begginer for us here and start off with that. it even have practice pages for u to do writing exercises i'm sure. when i went to cambodia and myanmar, that's what i did. i bout the little kids' book there n it's super cute. n i can do little writing lessons and stuff...it's like going thru elementary school again except done in a different language.

:D

my plans in laos this december will be going from north (huasai) to LuangPrabang, then Vientiane, then down to the south (LiPee) where there's Sipandon bordering the north of cambodia. if i have time, i might head down to angkor wat again. but i'll see. so yeah u never know if we'll cross each other's path chillin' at the internet cafe checkin' up on sarnworld.com while in Laos. lol :lol:

good luck on ur laotian learnin' experience...ur inspiring me to review my own skills in the language. :D

.d

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I went to the website and the alphabet meanings are similar to thai only some of the alphabets are drawn differently. Cool...all I need to do is sort of remember which alphabet is which compared to the thai ones I've learn. Wish there was a lao course here in hawaii. Else I would've taken laos instead of thai. :lol:

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
I went to the website and the alphabet meanings are similar to thai only some of the alphabets are drawn differently. Cool...all I need to do is sort of remember which alphabet is which compared to the thai ones I've learn. Wish there was a lao course here in hawaii. Else I would've taken laos instead of thai. :lol:
Yeah Thai and Lao are similar...just a little bit different. But Lao have only 26 alphabets but Thai have more than 26. lol

noungning

Heartless
hey dfemc!!! wher art thou!! omg ur going to laos again eh!! lol i'm so jealous, your lifestyle rocks many things. lol how's it going, haven't seen u in a very long time. hope things are well.

learning another language is hard, but it you put alot of time and effort into it, it's not as hard as u think.

but i needa learn lao, reading thai is similar to some of the lao, just some are a bit different. well good luck!