Wanida(Lakorn Thai)

cecilia

Staff member
^no, tik's not her uncle -- they're the same generation.

Tik's dad is Aff's grandfather's younger brother.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
^no, tik's not her uncle -- they're the same generation.

Tik's dad is Aff's grandfather's younger brother.
So...if Tik's dad is Aff's grandfather's younger brother, that would make Tik's dad like a grandfather to Aff too. If he's grandfather, then Tik's generation would be uncle. Tik is like uncle to her, right??? haha

JunieCook

sarNie Egg
Just finished watching the first episode of Wanida 2010.
I love the beautiful scenery, makes the lakorn so much more enjoyable to watch.
The outfits are nice as well, especially Aff and Joy's outfits.
:wub: Aff and Tik looks cute together. :wub:

The only thing that is a bit annoying for me right now are the old ladies' wigs (Tik's mom and the old maid) .... they look really fake. :wacko:

Here is another playlist by KissKeepInTouch's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A8054B831EDDB6C6

Her channel contains one of the clearest clips of Thai lakorns out there.
The clips may not be uploaded as fast as other channels but very clear.
This channel also has old lakorns too, I watched JLR again for the 10th time here http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=069616AEB303DBF8 lol :p

cecilia

Staff member
So...if Tik's dad is Aff's grandfather's younger brother, that would make Tik's dad like a grandfather to Aff too. If he's grandfather, then Tik's generation would be uncle. Tik is like uncle to her, right??? haha
MUAHAHA -- i realize what i wrote -- since wanida call the woman her grandmother -- then yes, they are uncle/niece (not blood relate of any sort so it's not gross LOL)

(sorry for the mistake, i don't know what i was thinking lOl)

Awe, that's too bad that he didn't talk with Aff on the set b/c he KRAENG JAI her .. probably b/c he's married and she's with Songkran LOL

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Just finished watching the first episode of Wanida 2010.
I love the beautiful scenery, makes the lakorn so much more enjoyable to watch.
The outfits are nice as well, especially Aff and Joy's outfits.
:wub: Aff and Tik looks cute together. :wub:

The only thing that is a bit annoying for me right now are the old ladies' wigs (Tik's mom and the old maid) .... they look really fake. :wacko:

Here is another playlist by KissKeepInTouch's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A8054B831EDDB6C6

Her channel contains one of the clearest clips of Thai lakorns out there.
The clips may not be uploaded as fast as other channels but very clear.
This channel also has old lakorns too, I watched JLR again for the 10th time here http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=069616AEB303DBF8 lol :p

Haha, I know, the wigs are annoying! And did you notice the light post at the tennis courts? hehe. Such clean tennis courts for back in the day too.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
MUAHAHA -- i realize what i wrote -- since wanida call the woman her grandmother -- then yes, they are uncle/niece (not blood relate of any sort so it's not gross LOL)

(sorry for the mistake, i don't know what i was thinking lOl)

Awe, that's too bad that he didn't talk with Aff on the set b/c he KRAENG JAI her .. probably b/c he's married and she's with Songkran LOL
We're talking maternal grandfather, right? Cause if it's paternal grandfather then that would mean Tik and Aff have the same last names. For example, Tik has his father's last name. Aff's grandfather, who is younger brother to Tik's dad, woukd have his dad's last name. That means Aff's dad would have the same last name, which means Aff would have that same last name too, which means Tik & Aff are cousins. LOL! I'm thinking too much.

yummylllll

sarNie Egg
ceda_lee
Posted Today, 01:26 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, Tik and Aff are not the same generations. Buy the way, in the Past of Thailand like period of Wanida Lakorn, Thais normally get married when they were young.(~ 18 - 20 years old) So, the generations gap would not pretty wide.

I assume that the affair issue between wanida's grandmom (Aunt of wanida's father)and Prajak's Uncle was happened since Prajak was a kid and Wanida's father was teenager. (The Gep between Prajak and Wanida's Dad might be around 10 years).

Hope that I'm correct :rolleyes:

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
This is the reason why I need English subtitles sometimes. I understand pretty much almost everything and a lot for someone who's never takrn any lessons. But sometimes, i just can't comprehend, especially in period lakorns.

cecilia

Staff member
WAIT -- let me think of the character chart. In pantip, they have WANIDA's grandma married to Tik's uncle. Because Tik's dad is the younger brother of Aff's grandma's husband.

Let me do a chart for you lOl .. sorry for confusing everyone.

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
WAIT -- let me think of the character chart. In pantip, they have WANIDA's grandma married to Tik's uncle. Because Tik's dad is the younger brother of Aff's grandma's husband.

hey if this is the case dat menas....dey have the same surname.....and dey are related by blood....ewwwwww.....i understand it happens in those days but.....i find it gross...i dnt think i want to watch it nemore....buh my sister in law cant wait for it to come out...now its out already i have to go and get her a copy......

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Nit/Yai are related by marriage not blood. It's confusing because Aff calls her grandmom but in actuality it's her great aunt. Monthai is Aff's dad aunt which makes her Aff's great aunt. Monthai was married to Tik's uncle so she's Tik's aunt in law. Tik's uncle would then be Aff's great uncle-in-law. Monthai/Tik's uncle have no children. I don't think you could actually say Tik/Aff are related because they share no common ancestor by blood that we know of.

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
Thank you for the family tree chart, it makes everything more clear.

simplysweet

Simplysweet
i know its gross they are somewhat like cousins..BUT i don't care..lol..they are totally a match made in heaven!!! Tiks so charming and Affs just beautiful! eek! just when school starts! Another addicting lakorn has to come...LOL..

g3mini00

sarNie Juvenile
really complicated relationship between prajak and wanida.
well, finally, I managed to figure it out.
I'm still curious about the reason why wanida's father is so desperated to let her marry prajak. he even lie to wanida.
poor wanida, odd father

cecilia

Staff member
well, i have a cousin who married her uncle -- actually, i have to pair -- however, they are not BLOOD RELATED cousin but through marriage like Jeanie said. I know it's hard to understand but there's nothing gross about it since none of them are blood relate but marriage related.

khamygrle

sarNie Egg

From my understanding, Aff's dad is not Monthai's son, he's actually her nephew. Monthai is the person that Aff calls grandma, but really is like a great-aunt. Therefore Tik and Aff are not blood related. Monthai is Tik's aunt-in-law and she never had any kids.