virus from iTunes

kitkat

sarNie Elites
I don't know how can it happen to me... I suddenly have it from iTunes! It's my first time and I don't know what to do after I tried uninstall the program but it prevented from doing so what should I do?! :eek:

It seems like everything works except for iTunes so I'm abit scared to click it. Right now, it's being scanned by AVG Anti-Virus Free... so far, there's none but I still don't know if that program is reliable. Man, I should've install Norton Security. :(

edit;
The scan was done and it detected none at all then I tried again to remove the program, it surprisingly worked. I wonder should I reinstall it again or is there another program that can open iPod?

But it scared me when I restarted my computer 'cause the appearance looked slightly different so I shut it down for a few minutues then powered on, it suddenly showed up saying it needed to disk check for my 3rd external harddrive and I don't know what is it even it mentioned CHKDSK but after the check, it's back to normal but it never occurs to me before. What should I do... should I take it to computer repairer? I just don't want a virus at all. I've checked the sites regarding this... it seems normal or maybe I'm too stupid on computer stuff?

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
it happened to my itunes yesterday too. when I opened the program, AVG showed up and telling itunes has trojan.

here's what you have to do:
turn off the "resident shield" on your AVG program then install itunes. after installing, open AVG again and go to the resident shield page. click the "manage exceptions" button then the "add path" button. add the itunes folder. turn on your resident shield again and restart your computer. itunes should work again after doing that.

I hope I was able to help! ^_^

CTR

The Realist guy here period
I don't know how can it happen to me... I suddenly have it from iTunes! It's my first time and I don't know what to do after I tried uninstall the program but it prevented from doing so what should I do?! :eek:

It seems like everything works except for iTunes so I'm abit scared to click it. Right now, it's being scanned by AVG Anti-Virus Free... so far, there's none but I still don't know if that program is reliable. Man, I should've install Norton Security. :(

edit;
The scan was done and it detected none at all then I tried again to remove the program, it surprisingly worked. I wonder should I reinstall it again or is there another program that can open iPod?

But it scared me when I restarted my computer 'cause the appearance looked slightly different so I shut it down for a few minutues then powered on, it suddenly showed up saying it needed to disk check for my 3rd external harddrive and I don't know what is it even it mentioned CHKDSK but after the check, it's back to normal but it never occurs to me before. What should I do... should I take it to computer repairer? I just don't want a virus at all. I've checked the sites regarding this... it seems normal or maybe I'm too stupid on computer stuff?
AVG is not a good anti-Virus company. Tests done on various AV will show that they are almost dead last with lots of false positives. If you're looking for something more proactive then just reply in this thread and I can give you something way better than AVG. Lastly, make sure you have an on demand antispyware and antimalware scanner too. Superantispyware and Malwarebytes' are two good ones. Oh, I'm using Eset NOD32 at the moment.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparative...iews/main-tests

kitkat

sarNie Elites
it happened to my itunes yesterday too. when I opened the program, AVG showed up and telling itunes has trojan.

here's what you have to do:
turn off the "resident shield" on your AVG program then install itunes. after installing, open AVG again and go to the resident shield page. click the "manage exceptions" button then the "add path" button. add the itunes folder. turn on your resident shield again and restart your computer. itunes should work again after doing that.

I hope I was able to help! ^_^
I think it has been solved... let's see how's it going for a couple of days. =) I wonder why did it happen even we had a same problem for a same day, weird~~~

@CTR, I'm not good with programs but it was recommended by repairer from last time I went there. My usual anti-virus was Norton Security but it takes up a lot of spaces, though. I even consider re-installing it again soon...

CTR

The Realist guy here period
I think it has been solved... let's see how's it going for a couple of days. =) I wonder why did it happen even we had a same problem for a same day, weird~~~

@CTR, I'm not good with programs but it was recommended by repairer from last time I went there. My usual anti-virus was Norton Security but it takes up a lot of spaces, though. I even consider re-installing it again soon...
Don't install Norton because of the hog on resources. It detection is getting better but by far not the best. If you want to go with a free anti-virus then Avira or Avast are the best choices. However, if you want something that is not free then Eset or Kaspersky. However, Kaspersky is pretty bloated at the moment. Every computer should have, good anti-virus, good antispyware, good firewall, and use Firefox with add-ons. I hope you have a firewall on your computer. Anyhow, check your in-box.